New York
3.2k 7 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After introducing her to some people and showing her around some more, I gave her some money.

"You can use that to get some clothes and food. You will also probably need the money to book a hotel room. I will be back in a few days. I have to go to New York City on business. I leave you in charge here. If you do not understand something, you can ask Jim when he is not busy," I tell her, so she knows where I will be.

"Okay, sir, I will do my best," Amber responds with a face of determination.

"I know you will," I tell her as I leave.

Leaving Amber to her work, I get some food before going back to the hotel. Laying down in the hotel bed, I ask the System, "How much would it cost to buy all books related to Computer Engineering, both hardware and software, from my old world? Also, do you have any manuals on magic like the one for ki or books on how to use magic?"

[You can only purchase any books from your world from before you died in 2020, currently. You can also purchase magic manuals and books about magic. But the best magic manuals can only come from the lottery.]

"Alright, show me how much the Computer Engineering books will cost, and then, you can show me some of the magic books you would suggest.

[All Computer Engineering Books from before 2021- Costs 1,300 GSP
All Computer Engineering Books from before 2021 with no redundant books- Costs 640]

[Introduction to Mana by Tuel Valtal- Costs 230 GSP
Application of Mana by Elementless Saint Zuna Yavwood- Costs 360 GSP]

"Buy Computer Engineering books with no redundant books and the two books on magic."

[Would you like the knowledge transferred to your mind via knowledge inheritance, or do you want the physical books?]

"What is knowledge inheritance, does it cost more?"

[Knowledge inheritance transfers all the knowledge in the book into your mind with no biased view or incorrect information, and yes, it makes the price go up by 100%.]

"I'll stick to the physical books. By the way, System, why did you only show me those two books that are purely about mana?"

[Those two books were the best fit for the current you. If you practiced magic from any other books, it could hinder your potential. After you finish them, you will be able to practice any kind of magic.]

"Thank you for always looking out for me."

[You're welcome.]

Opening up my inventory, I am stunned by the number of books. There are over 2,000 books on Computer Engineering in the inventory. It would probably take several months to read all of them even if all I did was read, sleep, and eat.

[Unlocked Virtual Reading Display function from having over 300 books in your inventory.]

"A new function that pretty cool. What does it do," I ask pleasantly surprised?

[It is used to organize and read books in your inventory without taking them out.]

"That's nice, that will save me some inconvenience."

I organized the books by year, and then I started to read the introductory books for every year after 1988.

I spend the next two hours reading them with Enhanced Processing activated. After using Enhanced Processing for two hours, I deactivated it and process what I learned. I may have Eidetic Memory, but it still takes me time to comprehend the things I learned. But, while I was reading the books, I noticed that I was getting slightly better at reading with a glance, so I think it may be simply a matter of practice to get better at using Eidetic Memory.

After I finished processing what I learned, I switch back to my main body. I fused my mind back together and absorbed all the memories of the day. I then split back up and go back to the avatar. I spend the rest of the day reading.

The next day I woke up early to get on the plane to New York City. I did not bring any luggage with me, as I had the inventory, so I was getting stranges looks from the staff. When I got on the plane, I started reading with the Virtual Reading Display, because I know it will be about 8 to 10 hours until I arrive in New York City. I could still see it even with my eyes closed, so it would look to anyone else as if I was sleeping.

As I arrived, it was seven o'clock New York time. I find a phone booth with a phone book in it and then searched for auction houses. I find a few auction houses, but one of them sticks out to me, Davis Auctions. My family name is Davis, so I wonder if it has anything to do with my father. I know that my father owns a big business that is present in many areas, so it could be related to him.

I call their office to ask how their CEO is, and it is indeed my father, Enzo Davis.

36