Joining his Crew
6.4k 14 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell? Where am I?" A young man who was washed up to the shore opened his eyes and asked with confusion. At this moment, he suddenly hears a loud noise from the side.

"You are the ugliest old hag ever."

He turned his head and looked at the ship. It was a giant ship with lots of people standing on the deck. They looked like gangsters but my eyes instantly fell on that one individual.

A young man with Straw Hat!

Slap!

He instantly slapped his cheek and the pain almost made him scream. He slowly moved his head to the side and saw a few more gangsters. At this moment, his mind worked faster than the supercomputer.

'Wait, I got reincarnated into the world of One Piece at the beginning of the story? Wait, wait, wait, let me digest something. First, who am I? I have watched One Piece more than ten times. I should know most of the characters.'

Thinking so, he immediately ran towards the room. It was a wrecked hall with lots of mirrors around. He saw the reflection of himself and it stunned him.

He was wearing a green shirt with grey pants and had light green hair. He had an average height and also looked totally normal and average. If he hadn't watched One Piece ten times, he wouldn't have remembered this guy at all.

'The guy that asked Nami for a dance. Damn it! I got reincarnated into this body. But wait, normally reincarnation only happens when this person's soul dies. Am I injured?'

Only then he noticed there was some blood in his chest.

'It seems I got injured for sure but now, I am healed. Is it some sort of ability that most reincarnations have? But, I don't feel any difference. Anyway, I never thought I would get reincarnated into the world of One Piece.'

'Is this a start of my new legendary journey or what?'

Splash!

Suddenly, he heard a loud splash of water and his eyes widened. He rushed out of the hall and reached the corner of the ship.

'Damn it! I need to jump even if it breaks my leg.'

Without any hesitation, he jumped from the deck toward the small ship with two.

"Monkey D. Luffy, take me with you."

He shouted from the air. Luffy and Coby raised their heads and saw him jumping toward their boat.

At this moment, one of the members of Alvida pirate shuttered "W-w-w-wait, I was pretty sure I shot him in the chest. Why is he alive?"

"What? You killed him." Another man shouted at him.

Bam!

"Idiot! If I had killed him, how could he be alive? Something must have blocked the bullets." The pirate replied as he looked at the young man jumping on Luffy's boat.

Luffy tilted his head in confusion for a while until the young man fell over his body.

"W.w.w.who are you?" Coby shuttered as he stared at the young man and asked.

The young man slowly stood up from Luffy's body and said "Me? My name is Liam. Monkey D. Luffy, let me join your crew!"

"Huh!" Luffy slowly got up as he tilted his head in confusion. Then, the next moment, he shook his head and said.

"No"

"Wait, why? I might not look strong and I am not strong but I can be pretty resourceful." Liam argued as his expression dropped.

"No"

"I can help you find amazing islands for adventures."

"No"

"I will help you eat a lot of meats."

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. No!"

"But why?"

"No"

"I will be your vice-captain and help you become the pirate king."

"No"

Thud!

Finally, Liam fell on his butt as he didn't understand what he can do to make Luffy agree.

"Ahhh! Marines are already here." Coby immediately set the sails and the boat drifted away.

During the journey, Liam kept sulking hard until he heard Luffy arguing with Coby about Roronoa Zoro.

"Luffy, he might not agree that easily." Liam looked at him and finally came out with his dreadful expression.

"See Luffy, even Liam doesn't think he will join. Why do you want to invite him but not Liam?" Coby asked.

"Because he doesn't have a dream." Luffy pointed his finger at Liam and spoke.

Liam's chin dropped to the boat as he asked "Wait, you rejected me just because I don't have any dreams. How did you even know that I don't have any dreams?"

"I just can." Luffy answered but his tone was a bit serious at this moment.

Liam sighed. As expected, Luffy isn't someone easy to fool especially when it comes to some serious stuff like joining the crew. He does what he wants. If he wants you to join the crew, then you must but if he doesn't then, you won't get a chance.

But suddenly, Liam's eyes sparkled.

"Wait Luffy, let me ask you something. Pirates are free to anything, right?"

Luffy nodded his head.

"Then, Pirates can choose anything they want to be, right?"

Luffy continued to nod his head.

Liam raised his hand and pointed the thumb at his chest, shouting "Then, I chose to be a dreamless pirate."

"Huh?" Luffy and Coby looked at him with dumbfounded expressions.

"You said this yourself. Pirates can choose to be whatever they want. That means they can also choose to be dreamless. Can't I choose to be a pirate for adventures only? Can't I choose to be a dreamless pirate?" Liam proudly made an argument.

Hearing his words, Luffy smashed his fist on his palm and said "I understand. You can become a dreamless pirate because pirates can be anything."

'Whoa! He really did understand.' Liam was shocked for a moment when he heard Luffy's words. But, he quickly shook his head and said "That's why I have been telling you. Let me join your crew. I will help you become the pirate king."

"But Liam, why are you so much into joining Luffy's crew? Do you know him?" Coby looked at Liam and asked.

Liam nodded his head and replied "Yes, I do know a lot about him. And, I am joining him because unlike most pirates, he isn't evil and wants to go on lots of adventures."

"How do you know me?" Luffy asked with a confused expression.

Liam scratched his head a few times and said "How do I say this? When you were training with mountain bandits, I was in Dawn Island. I came to know about you there but at that time, I wasn't interested in becoming a pirate."

"It was only until when I realized that only by becoming the pirates, you can truly have adventures and do whatever you want. So, when I heard you had left the Dawn Land, I went out in that ship to find you. I didn't expect to find you so soon."

"Really?" Luffy looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yep! That's why let me join your crew." Liam nodded his head as he sighed in his heart. His lie might not come true as Usopp's but they are still good enough.

"Alright! But, you said you will give me lots of meat." Luffy nodded his head with a straightforward expression.

"I don't have meat here. But, I believe we can eat once we reach Shell's Town." Liam answered as he finally sat on the boat with a relaxed expression.

In a world full of pirates, although it is a bit troublesome to follow the main characters, it will still be safer than going alone.

"By the way, Luffy, do you still want to invite Roronoa Zoro?" Liam looked at him and asked.

"Yep! I heard is very strong." Luffy nodded his head with a cheeky smile.

"Luffy-san, he is not a good choice. You already have Liam. You find someone else." Coby looked at Luffy and tried to persuade him.

"But, he is not strong." Luffy bluntly broke Liam's heart.

"Hey, I might not have good strength but I can be resourceful." Liam slapped his hand in the air and rebuked.

"Resourceful? What does that mean? You have been saying that again and again." Luffy tilted his head and asked.

Liam proudly put his hand on his chest as he spoke.

"I know a lot of stuff regarding grand line, marines, world governments, pirates, and even some powerful people. Do you know there is an island in the sky?"

"What? Really?" Luffy grabbed Liam's shoulders and asked while stretching his head in front of Liam.

"Liam-san, you are kidding, right? How could there be an island in the sky?" Coby looked at Liam and refused to accept.

"It can be accessed from Grandline. Not only does it have a bunch of islands but a whole sea made out of clouds. Hehe! Captain, when we reach closer, I will definitely tell you more about that island." Liam gave Luffy a thumbs up and giggled.

"Hurray! I can't wait to enter the Grandline. Let's go and get this pirate hunter to join our crew."

"Aye-aye Captain"

120