Battle Against Marines Part 5
979 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn!”

Losing the sword out of his hand made Yamakaji ashamed. As a swordsman, he should not lose his sword. But, he just lost it.

And, Liam didn’t waste a single second throwing that sword into the sea with a kick. The reason why he didn’t want Yamakaji to hold the sword was for Luffy.

He found that if he continues to battle, he wouldn’t be able to help Luffy later. So, he must retreat right now. He has already released his Armament Haki so he should just stop his bleeding first before he continues fighting.

On the other side,

Zoro and T-bone were still fighting hard. Because Zoro had learned Armament Haki and Observation Haki, he was getting the upper hand in this battle but at the same time, he lost a lot of blood.

So, he knows that he must end this battle as soon as possible. Looking at Sanji, and others, he found that everyone had already ended the battle.

Smoker was injured. Hina lost to Robin and Nami. Sanji basically soloed all of those commodores and even defeated many Captains. As for the marine sailors, they were easily defeated by other members.

Only Liam/Luffy versus Yamakaji battle was ongoing. Thinking about it, Zoro slashed his sword and retreated a few steps.

T-bone easily broke his slash but he was also curious as to why Zoro retreated. Holding two swords in his hands and one sword in his mouth, he made a strange posture.

Suddenly, a powerful aura burst out of him. It looked like Conqueror Haki but when it manifested, it was like a deity with nine arms and three heads.

Seeing this, T-bone felt chills on his back.

Zoro slowly puts his arms forward.

[Demonic Swords- Nine Swords Style]

[Asura]

At this moment, two heads appeared on each side of Zoro’s real head. At the same time, two arms on the right and two arms on the left also appeared. All four arms were holding similar swords to their respective arms.

At the same time, two newly formed mouths were also holding a sword. One sword tip was facing the front while the other was facing the back.

“Am I seeing an illusion?” Looking at Zoro’s strange phenomenon, T-bone almost didn’t believe it was real.

But, it wasn’t just he who saw that. Even Straw Hat pirates were watching it. Usopp and Chopper freaked out as if they had seen a ghost. Robin, Nami, Sanji, and Vivi were shocked after seeing Zoro’s strange form.

On the other side,

Yamakaji was also looking at this phenomenon. His eyes widened.

“This man…… Is it a Conqueror Haki? But no matter what, this kind of attack is not an effect of a devil’s fruit. Does that mean he managed to create this phenomenon with his swordsmanship?”

“Damn it! This guy’s strength is not weaker than any of them. His bounty should’ve been higher.”

Before he could continue, T-bone immediately attacked with his strongest power. His flying slash took the form of a massive phoenix as it moved toward Zoro.

Seeing this, Zoro suddenly reminisces about Luffy and Liam.

Bang!

He spun his swords and broke the massive slash into pieces. He rushed toward T-bone and spoke.

“I have finally caught up to them. From now on, I won’t lose against them ever again.”

“Suffering is Good…… On the Path of Carnage”

[Asura]

Suddenly, Zoro appeared behind T-bone as his swords slashed him.

[Ichibugin (One Mist Silver]

Splash!

T-bone suddenly fell into the pool of blood.

Zoro’s other illusionary swords disappeared and he puts his real swords into his sheath. He turned around and slightly bowed his head.

“Thank you for this battle”

Although it was his opponent, he knew that he wouldn’t be able to learn Observation Haki this quickly if T-bone hadn’t helped him.

One Strike and T-bone could no longer stand up. But, Zoro was in a similar situation as well.

“Ahhh! Zoro, you are too reckless. Doctor! Doctor!”

Chopper ran toward Zoro when he finished the battle and started screaming. Zoro smacked his head and said.

“You are the doctor.”

“Oh yeah!” Only then Chopper realized that he was a doctor so he quickly started bandaging him.

“Luffy!”

On the other hand, Liam shouted. He could no longer fight so he had no choice but to rely on Luffy. Suddenly, two long arms stretched out and held Liam from behind.

“Wait, what?”

Liam also noticed Luffy holding his waist and the next moment, he panicked.

“Alright, Liam! Let’s change.”

Luffy instantly pulled Liam while flying towards him. When they were in the middle, their heads collided. Liam almost passed out while Luffy just lost balance and fell to the ground.

Liam fly away and struck the tree before he fell to the ground. At this moment, he could no longer move.

“You bastard!”

He screamed. Luffy didn’t realize that he injured Liam more than Yamakaji.

Yamakaji also noticed this and felt speechless. He almost looked at Liam and expressed his condolence. Only then he realized he was a marine.

“Haha! Liam, you can’t be weak like before.” Luffy simply laughed it off.

“Bastard, not everyone has a rubber body like yours.” Liam gritted his teeth and tried to keep his consciousness.

Although Luffy has recovered, he shouldn’t be able to defeat Yamakaji yet. After all, Yamakaji was a master of Armament Haki and Observation Haki. Even though he doesn’t have a sword, he could still use Marine Six Styles.”

“Alright, Let’s fight!”

Luffy clenched his fists and raised them in front of him, showing the position of a fighter.

“Humph! Brat, I am no longer going to play with you.”

Yamakaji snorted and immediately used Shave to appear behind Luffy. At this moment, Luffy had quite a good mastery over Observation Haki.

At least, he could use it. So, he immediately knew the attack coming from behind. He instantly entered Gear Second and his body disappeared.

The next moment, he appeared above Yamakaji and stretched his right fist.

[Jet Pistol]

“Humph! Iron Body”

Bang!

Yamakaji used Armament Haki over his Iron Body and easily blocked the Jet Pistol. He jumped in the air and swung his leg.

[Tempest Kick]

Luffy used Observation Haki to dodge it but he could no longer stay in the air. He landed on the ground and Yamakaji used this as an opportunity.

He used Shave, appearing next to Luffy, and thrust his finger forward.

This time, Luffy didn’t dodge it. Rather, he once started using Armament Haki and contracted his arm. When Yamakaji’s finger appeared in front of him, he fully released his arm.

Bang!

Yamakaji’s finger was coated in Armament Haki but even it couldn’t break Luffy’s punch. Unlike his stretching punch, this punch carried an immense strength enough to break Yamakaji’s Armament Haki.

Yamakaji instantly used Shave to retreat several meters away. He looked at Luffy with a gloomy expression and thought.

‘Damn it! I thought I could attack him when he is trying to stretch his arm but it seems like this is a wrong move. Not only he can stretch his body but also contract.’

‘But, shouldn’t rubber only stretch? Why can he contract his body parts like a spring?’

Thinking about it, Yamakaji felt even more ridiculous about Luffy’s talent. Even if there was someone to guide him, it is completely ridiculous that Luffy could train Gear Second and Contraction in just two months.

And, he even trained Armament Haki and Observation Haki at the same time.

Thinking about it, Yamakaji couldn’t help but curse Garp.

‘Damn it! How did that old guy raise his grandson? Even Dragon wasn’t this ridiculously talented, right? If such talent enters the Navy, it wouldn’t be long before we will have another powerhouse that could even surpass Marine Hero.’

The more he thought about it, the more ridiculous he felt. Right now, his intention to keep Luffy alive was slowly changing. If someone as talented as Luffy was hellbent on becoming a pirate, he should do anything he could to remove him.

If Liam could hear his thoughts, he would definitely give him a thumbs up. It was true if Luffy is left alive, he would definitely turn this world around.

Luffy is really talented. It’s just that his talent wasn’t utilized properly. His entire childhood, he spent developing his Rubber Body.

In fact, most of his foundation was developed during this time. This was also the reason why he could use Gear Second and Gear Third after seeing Marine Six Styles. He had already built a solid foundation.

He had full control over his body. So, as long as he is taught properly, he could easily learn. This was proven especially when he was learning the Advance usages of Observation Haki, Armament Haki, and Conqueror Haki.

He managed to learn them because he had a solid foundation in Haki training.

That being said, just to create such a terrifying foundation on Haki in just two years is a miracle in itself.

This proves Luffy’s talent as a fighter.

27