Battle Against Marines Part 8
899 4 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn it! This guy is improving too fast. If this goes on, I won’t be able to defeat him.” Yamakaji stared at Luffy while retreating several meters away from him to take a breath.

It was another day but they were still fighting. After standing on equal feet against Yamakji, Luffy never stopped fighting. Since both of them were using their Haki normally, they either run out at the same time or only with slight differences.

Yamakaji was covered in blood and his breathing was relatively uneven. Even more so, he could feel tiredness throughout his body. If this goes on, he wouldn’t be able to stand.

But, at the same time, he managed to learn something new. It was a trick that he should’ve learned a long time ago but didn’t have the opportunity.

On the other hand, Luffy’s condition was even worse. Because Liam wasn’t changing places with him, he was getting bullied by Yamakaji at the beginning. The blood traces and injuries from the beginning were still fresh.

And, the injuries during the battle only got worse. But, his improvement was extremely high. Luffy not only managed to learn Armament Haki and Observation Haki but also learned Gear Third.

He also managed to consolidate his body by using Gear Second and Gear Third without suffering from side effects. It’s just that it won’t be useful until he properly recovers.

That’s because he needs to use his own devil fruit resistance ability and life return that was taught by his grandfather to push his physical strength to that level. Until then, he can only suffer from those side effects.

“Straw Hat, it seems like this is going to be my last attack. If you can’t defend against it, you will lose.” Yamakaji prepared his Haki into his arms as he spoke.

Although this was the first time he was going to try it, he was still convinced that this would work.

Luffy also stared at Yamakaji preparing for his last attack. He nodded his head and puts his finger on his mouth. After blowing air into his bones, he started expanding his hand.

Although he had created Gear Third during the battle, he didn’t dare to use it in the battle. After all, if he uses such a move and suffers from side effects, Yamakaji would easily win.

So, this was his first time using Gear Third.

“Hey look! Luffy’s arm is getting bigger. I can see it from so far away.” Chopper was suddenly attracted by the large expanding arm of Luffy and shouted cheerfully.

At this moment, Straw Hats were simply doing their own thing. The busiest was Sanji. After hunting down a few giant sea kings together with Zoro and Liam, he started cooking.

Liam already told him that Luffy would need at least food equal to fifteen meals. That was his total intake when Luffy defeated Crocodile in the original. And, during that time, he was extremely injured just like his current situation.

Hearing Chopper’s words, everyone got attracted. Liam, reading a newspaper, also stood up and released his Observation Haki.

Because the destruction of the battle was getting bigger, they had to move far away. So, it was quite hard to see from such a distance.

Nami, Robin, Vivi, and Chopper used binoculars while Usopp, Sanji, Zoro, and Liam released their Observation Haki. In an instant, they captured every single movement of the battle.

Liam raised his hand and swung it toward the warship.

“Hey, smokey, the battle is going to end.”

Just as he said, Yamakaji puts his wrists opposite to each other. He charged forward with all of his strength and Armament Haki while Luffy’s gigantic arm covered in Armament Haki clashed and moved forward.

[Rokuogan]

When Yamakaji released this move, he suddenly couldn’t help but feel grateful to Straw Hat Crew.

‘This is a power that only those who have mastered Six Styles can use. But, I never got a chance to master it before. Thank you for giving me this chance, Straw Hat.’

At this moment, a massive force burst out of his fists. It was a like an air cannon that clashed against Haki-infused Gear Third. Because he still hadn’t mastered Gear Third perfectly, he had to expand his entire arm.

Luffy pushed his arm against the massive air cannon.

Bang!

The clash between Armament Haki, Arm of a Giant and Air Cannon produced by a powerful move, Armament Haki started to create ripples in the surrounding.

A massive shockwave was generated from their clash, breaking the ground and sending the seawater away from the shores. The trees were uprooted and a massive amount of sand flew out.

As soon as he saw that, Liam shouted.

“Zoro, Sanji!”

“Yes” *2

[Paragon Double Hammer Punch]

[Three Swords Style- 108 Phoenix Cannon]

[Diable Jambe- Flying Dough]

Liam, Zoro, and Sanji burst out some of their strongest attacks at the same time, infused with Armament Haki. The massive shockwave and sand moving toward them were broken by their attack.

Sanji landed on the foot and the fire on his foot disappeared. He looked at the front with shock in his eyes.

“Is that just the after-effect of their collision?”

Zoro didn’t say anything but even he had a shocked expression on his face. Only Liam was calm.

“This is nothing compared to the clash between Admirals and Emperors. Sanji, you should continue preparing the food.”

Liam said while pointing his finger at the food behind them. This was the main reason why they deflected the shockwave. Otherwise, it was easy for them to bear the impact of this attack.

Liam didn’t stay there instead turned around and rushed toward the battle. When he reached there, he saw Luffy’s body slowly shrinking into chibi Luffy but in front of him, Yamakaji was lying on the ground several meters away.

Both were covered in blood and Luffy’s hand seemed to be bleeding excessively.

He walked toward Luffy who was still conscious and picked him up in his arm. It was like picking up a baby.

“You won against a Vice Admiral, Captain. Congratulation!”

Liam smiled as he spoke.

Luffy giggled and slowly put his head on Liam’s shoulder, finally falling asleep.

Liam walked toward his group while Smoker passed by him, rushing toward Yamakaji with some other marines.

“Liam, how is Luffy’s condition?” Nami worriedly moved forward and asked.

“Well, he is completely tired. Chopper, bandage him properly, and let him rest for a while.” Liam answered while putting Luffy next to Chopper. Because the side effect only remained for a few minutes, Luffy’s body returned to its normal state.

“Hey Liam, don’t you think it is too early to start cooking.” Seeing Luffy sleeping so soundly, Sanji frowned and turned his head at Liam, asking.

“Do you want to keep cooking while everyone else is celebrating the massive win against the marines?” Liam turned his eyes to him and asked.

Hearing his words, Sanji paused for a moment and nodded. He also understood the situation. Unlike normal times, Luffy’s intake would increase by fifteen times.

And, since it was a banquet for defeating marines, he didn’t want to stay cooking while everyone else is enjoying the banquet.

“Nami, take out those Transponder Snails!” Liam turned around at Nami and asked.

Nami took out the transponder snails that she had kept inside her jacket. There were several of these.

Liam took them and walked toward the marine ship. He saw marines taking Yamakaji on the ship while Smoker standing on the shores. He walked next to Smoker and passed those Transponder snails.

“Well, I hope you won’t ask for help immediately.” Liam chuckled as he said.

“Humph! Since our battle has ended, we won’t continue unless we get the new order from HQ. But, after this battle, your crew bounty will increase for sure.” Smoker snorted.

“Ah, yes! That made me remember. Why did you send such a drawing of Chopper alongside other bounty posters?” Liam curiously asked.

Suddenly, Smoker blushed a little as he said.

“I lost his picture so we had no choice but to release such a bounty poster.”

Liam almost fell to the ground. He quickly took out a picture from his pocket and gave it to Smoker.

“Don’t lose it this time.”

Taking the picture, Smoker frowned and asked.

“Aren’t you afraid of getting hunted by Admiral or even several Vice Admirals for a higher bounty?”

Hearing his question, Liam shook his head and chuckled.

“Smokey, you are a marine. You won’t understand this. We might not be bad but we are still pirates. Except for cowards or Emperors, every pirate cares about his bounty. After all, that represents his strength.”

“But, I think this time we might not get a bounty raise. First of all, the Marines won’t publicize their defeat. Second, Luffy’s grandfather will still do his best to suppress Luffy’s bounty which means our bounty will be suppressed as well.”

Smoker frowned and gave Liam a final glance before heading toward the warship. Seeing this, Liam rolled his eyes.

“This guy. At least say goodbye before leaving.”

31