Chapter eight
6.2k 17 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CLANK!!

 

Two swords clashed with each other and produced white lighting, surprising the one who was not a goblin, the other one i.e. the goblin didn’t think much of it and continued to attack with its short sword. The other person was visibly confused but didn’t show anything on his face as he knew that everything goes in a dungeon and a single mistake could cost your life.

 

The human blocked the goblin's sword which could have severed his left shoulder and used his leg to kick him in the nuts.

 

KEEEE!!

 

Goblin cried in pain and dropped his sword to attend to his two balls which gave the human exact chance he wanted, he imbued mana to his sword and his legs and with quick steps slashed his head off his body ending the green monster’s life.

Goblin Soldier

Race- monster

Successfully slayed

+321 exp

Current Tier- Tier 6th level 9th

“Haah.. haah… hmmm, who would have thought that a mere dozen goblins were enough to push me this much.” He said and drank a stamina potion from his storage ring.

 

“This short sword is not normal, there is no way that a mere goblin could have an elemental weapon on his hand.”

Short Sword

Rare artefact

Has lighting element binding

Can produce lighting on attack

 

“As I thought, it is not a normal weapon.”

 

After grinding on the second floor for the last one hour he had slayed 10 goblins giving him enough exp to level up to the 9th level of Tier 6 meaning that he was just two steps away from breaking through a new realm.

 

KLEEK, KLEEK!!

 

His inner thoughts were disturbed by the voices of more goblin soldiers coming to his direction. Sure they are easy exp but one still has to be careful not to get stabbed by their blades which they coat in deadly poison or allow a goblin mage to attack which could be disastrous if you are a lone wolf in the dungeon.

 

“Ah come on you guys can’t a guy complete his inner monologue? Sorry Hikigaya, I couldn't do it.”

 

With saying that he rushed to the goblin soldiers who were also coming towards him and then a battle ensued. His sword cutting flesh of the green goblins making them cry in agony and getting more angry, it was not like he was not getting hit by their weapons but with the help of RoR he could withstand their attacks without worrying about any injuries.

 

But the RoR was not unlimited and depended on his tier level to corroborate with him, so he knew that this battle needed to be ended quickly or else there could be consequences. At this moment there were four goblin soldiers with blunt swords and a goblin commander which had a better sword and a shield making him twice as strong as the normal one.

 

Under the command of the goblin commander even the soldier’s movement became a little refined and their coordination was quite good making things a little difficult for him to handle.

 

He parried yet another attack and tried to dodge another stabbing moment from behind but was unable to do so and a large cut appeared on the  dorsal side.

 

“Aaahhh…” He seethed in pain from that attack and jumped back to make some space in between them.

 

The RoR was working tirelessly, trying to ease his pain and close his wounds but its speed was not enough making him lose some blood and as a result some strength from his body.

 

“How come you guys are so strong? Aren’t you supposed to be an easy exp?” He asked in a low voice which of course couldn’t be understood by the goblins.

 

But one thing they understood very well was that their prey was weakened and they had only lost two of their members meaning that they still outnumbered him three to one and their core strength in the form of commander was still present.

 

“Life as a side villain is difficult, you don’t have the protagonist’s luck or the main villain's terrifying power, you are supposed to be the stepping stone for either one of them but I don’t do that.” He said and mana began convulsing in his hand which then travelled to his sword making it shine in a blue light.

 

“Well I don’t know if this could work but let's give it a try.” He said a large amount of mana was getting condensed in his other hand. First red hot flames appeared then he poured more mana making the flames even hotter and finally they turned blue.

 

The monsters spawned in the dungeon were not intelligent, the ones on the lower floors were but those on the upper floors like the goblins in front of him were primitive, but the fear of death was equally present in everyone and the commander looked at the blue flames in the prey’s hand and his spine felt a cold chill.

 

One has to know that although fire affinity was quite prevalent in the Origin continent the ones who could use blue flames dubbed as the purest and most powerful flames could be counted on one hand. The amount of intelligence and application one has to put into to change those red flames into blue was difficult hence making the thing a super rare spell.

Spell unlocked

Blue flames- the purest and most powerful flames

Mana understanding also increased

Akira also imbued the blue flames into his sword and dashed out at the nearest goblin soldier who couldn't understand what was going on and before he could put up his sword to defend his head was chopped off. The other goblins who saw this couldn’t help but shudder, the commander behind them came forward and directly attacked Akira.

 

He dodged his attack as currently due to the overclocking of mana cores his body was getting extra boost making his reaction time, agility, hand eye coordination much better. The blue flames surged in his hand and he threw one fireball towards the goblin commander who put up his shield to defend but how could a mere shield resist the purest and most powerful flames? It was burned to ashes by the blue flames making him flabbergasted.

 

Akira didn’t miss the opportunity and slashed with his sword trying to end the commanders life but he too was a veteran and put his sword to defence which was also imbued by lighting making Akira widen his eyes. In his mind he was thinking just how shitty was his luck? He got to run into two goblins who have elemental swords, how rare is that? One in a million if he remembers the game.

 

Seeing that normal attacks wouldn’t make a dent on this commander’s defence he tried to lure him into a feint and then counter attack but the problem was that RoR was already at it’s limit and with his feeble strength of Tier 6 he was not sure how much longer the ring could hold on. But his conditions didn’t allow him to think that much.

 

In between their attacks and defence Akira slowly and gradually first killed the remaining goblin soldiers with fireball attack and in his exchange with the commander he showed the other party some holes in his defence. The commander who first thought rationally was now under pressure as he had already lost the numbers advantage and his stamina was already running out so he decided to attack in those feints.

 

One of his attacks connected striking the left arm of Akira which gave him a little smirk on his face and made the goblin commander confused in his thoughts, ‘is this hooman intelligence worse than our race? It must be, his left arm is injured and he is smiling’ shaking his head the commander thought to end this little farce but was panicked when he saw a large fireball inching closer and closer to his gut, he wanted to run and get away from this but when his attack was still in motion and in the end he understood the hooman’s means.

 

So he laughed and accepted his defeat making Akira a little shocked thinking that this goblin is surely a knucklehead or has a few screws loose in his big head. He poured all the remaining mana in his body and put that into the large fireball which blasted the goblin commander into small pieces thus ending the long stretched out battle.

Goblin Commander

Race- monster

Successfully Killed

+629 exp

Current Tier- Tier 5th level 2nd

 

Mana exhaustion 

All the mana in user’s body is exhausted

Forceable use of mana would damage 

the mana cores  

 

“Haah… haah… sigh i- it loo- looks like finally my mana is exhausted.” He did have a mana replenishment potion with him but natural mana replenishment is more beneficial than using a potion as it could increase your mana reserves thus making you more powerful.

 

 

“So I levelled up too, not bad tier 5th is sure a lot better than tier 6th.”

 

He looked at the ring on his hand and said, “Sure enough this ring is also exhausted but with my Tier 6 it gave a good support.” Actually he came to the second floor to experiment on few things, first the extent to which he could use the RoR abilities, second how much mana he had in his body, third whether he could create new spells by having a deeper understanding of mana and sure enough he could do that courtesy of the game’s knowledge.

 

The goblin also dropped core stones and these were bigger than those of the slimes on the first floor and the goblin commander dropped a even bigger stone which was going to earn him quite a profit, thinking about his monetary allowance he frowned and said,

 

“Since I came into this world money has been the least of my problems but now that academy has started and I need better gears, more potions, and money for my trips outside the city.” 

 

Sigh

 

“It’s not going to be easy, mom and dad are not that rich nor can they support me extravagantly. Sometimes I really want to be like Richard, a prince with almost unlimited monetary supply at my beck and call.”

 

The currency of this world was called ‘Rian’ which came in different denominations like copper, bronze, silver, gold and platinum and surprisingly it was one of those few things which was the same on both the continents meaning that the Demon race also used this. Ten copper is equal to one bronze, ten bronze is equal to one silver, one hundred silver is equivalent to one gold and one thousand gold coins is equal to one platinum rian. The Origin Academy was supported by major empires so it didn’t collect fees from its students otherwise many poor commoners wouldn’t be able to attend it.

  “Let’s collect these stones and exchange them for some coins.” He said and collected the stones from the ground. And since his mana was exhausted and it would take some time to restore he decided to call it for today and exit the dungeon.

 

After walking for half an hour he reached the entrance of the dungeon and began walking to the counter to register his exit time. It was mandatory for the adventurers to record their enter and exit time with the counter, the reason being the Royal family decided. One could bypass that if he or she had an artefact called the ‘Necklace of Anubis’ it allowed the user to enter a dungeon directly on its first floor or the last floor you were on provided that you have cleared it and the system recognized that achievement.

 

He waited for his chance at the queue of the counter and when it was his chance the lady behind the counter greeted him first,

 

“Welcome back rookie, good thing that you didn’t die.”

“Umm how could I die on my first run? I have to reach a lot deeper.”

 

“Hahaha, kids these days are too optimistic. You do know that the maximum one has reached is the 52nd floor and we still don’t know how deep it is but don’t worry keep practicing as you are the future of our city.” The lady said and at first he felt annoyed but surprised at her reveal of the deepest floor.

 

“Okay where is your ID card?” 

 

“Hmm, it is here.”

 

She scanned the card and the machine recorded the exit time after which she gave his card back. Before he could leave she yelled and told him,

 

“Be careful rookie.”

 

“Yeah, thank you.” With that he left the dungeon and arrived at the market of the town, since there was a little time for the day to end and night to come he decided to take a stroll in the city and go to the main guild building to sell his core stones. The main guild building was one of the landmark places in the entire Origin city and only if you are a dimwit could you not know it’s location, with an area spanning almost that of a football field the Guild was divided into various sectors with each sector dedicated to different use. He headed to the exchange sector which settled the bills of the core stones and also sold core stones to other parties making it a profitable venture.

 

If you are thinking that why don’t adventurers sell it directly to the other parties well the entire business of selling and buying core stones was nationalized by the Empires in the Origin continent and they gave it to the guilds for better management so unless you want to break the law and enter the prison dungeon of the Von Astrom family I won’t recommend it.

 

After entering the exchange sector and using his ID card to make the transaction he went to the male Dark elf standing behind one of the counters and directly took out the core stones from his storage ring in front of him.

 

The dark elf who was wearing an elegant two piece suit and a one eyed golden glass glanced at the stones present on his table and said in a tone befitting someone who has been trained in this craft for a long time,

 

“For the small one each is priced at 3 bronze each, the slightly bigger ones 9 bronze each and the largest one would be 7 silver coins.”

 

Akira also knew about the prices of these stones and when he saw that apart from the largest one which was correctly valued by the butler elf the small ones very slightly overvalued like those small ones would only be valued at 2 bronze coins and the other ones at 8 bronze coins only so why was the man giving him more?

 

Then he remembered that it was a benefit given to those who did their first transaction in the guild, now he was feeling miserable because if he remembered this fact before he would have collected a few days haul and then came here but what is done is done so he reluctantly agreed to his price and walked out of the establishment with a total of 46 silver coins making his overall wealth 97 silver rians, Akira cursed the previous guy for his overspending on Lily’s fruitless pursuit.

 

“I have to get a new sword but with the meagre funds it seems to be impossible and I have to use the short sword that the goblin used.” He sighed in annoyance and went back to his house.

 

He knew that he was missing something, something which could solve his worries and give him the much needed funds he required but no matter how much he thought about it one the way back home he couldn’t remember it. So he decided to drop it and go to his room to relax and change the bloodied clothes.

 

But the moment he reached his house and knocked on his door and when the door opened his face paled as the one who opened it was the least expected person.

166