Glossary | Mini Wiki
30.1k 63 219
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

//// DISCLAIMER ////

 

This should not be read first! This is a reference point to return to if you need additional information or in case you forget what certain things are or means!

 

OTHERWISE, THERE ARE SPOILERS!

QQzMO4i.png

Recent Update: 2024/April/22/23:53 (AEST)

Images are all fixed!

 

CURRENTLY AT 34K+ WORDS!

NOW WITH 600+ IMAGES!

 

Jury says, "Hello!"

a8efIAS.png

QQzMO4i.pngShziF0K.pngQQzMO4i.png

6xUHxbD.pngtUmLqo4.png

Spoiler

f4xzvne.png

A world unlike the lands of Earth. Magic, monsters, impossible technologies and beings called the Corrupted exist in this world. All known laws of physics means nothing in the face of these forces. The world is vast and teeming with life. From the Dwarves of the north, to the Insectid to the far west; and the subterrainian layers where entities named the Hearts spread their infection - there is hardly a moment's break to be found.

But where there is darkest shadow the brightest light must exist. Elysia is a beautiful world where one can become whatever they so wish.

This however comes at a price.

The entities known as the Corrupted have existed for as long as history remembers. Unlike monsters, dragons and the strongest of Demons; these beings are incomparable and are the greatest threat.

The Nexus promises to deal with the Corrupted, though there are few that not even they can handle.

The actual size of Elysia is unknown with seemingly zero horizons and stretches of land incomparable to Earth. As a result, certain phenomenons such as Fata Morganas (Fairy Mirages, also known as the floating ship phenomenon) does not exist or is very rarely seen. This Earthly term, interestingly enough, is known in Elysia.

3mJidBu.pngNexus Glossary

Spoiler

f4xzvne.png

There are many technical terms used by the Blessing of the Nexus and throughout Elysia. Some are interchangeable or have multiple meanings.

T5SW6iF.png

10 days = 1 week

5 weeks = 1 month

10 months = 1 year

500 days = 1 year

PA = Post Advent

 

Frost arrived in Elysia in 350 PA

It is currently 350 PA, and nearly 351 PA

 

10 Copper Coins = 1 Silver Coin

100 Silver Coins = 1 Gold Coin

10 Gold Coins = 1 Platinum Coin

NKFkEK3.png

These terms are interchangeable in the context of 'debuffs' and can either be positive or negative.

A positive status/condition is an enhancement, such as one granted from eating food made by someone with the Cook profession.

A negative status/condition is a debilitation, such as being lit on fire, frozen or poisoned.

Examples include:

Darkness - vision considerably darkened

Scrutiny - unable to move whilst under the gaze of the Eyes of Judgement

2wLdPit.png

Stacks are the precursor to Statuses and Conditions. These are directly affected by the RESIST stat, which determines how many stacks one needs before they are inflicted with the status/condition. This usually only applies to negative conditions.

And example would be accumulating frost (stacks) over one's body before they became frozen solid (the condition).

7FC6bJN.png

The terms that dictate the rules of a battle with said Corrupted. Not all Corrupted have conditions that must be abide by. Some can be overruled by simply raw strength alone. In others, like the One Thousand Eyed Bird, it can be impossible to escape without adhering to the condition.

f4Q035R.png

Requirements that outline how a Corrupted or, if the orders are given by the Nexus, a monster can be weakened enough before the Subjugation Requirement can be met.

USHPIFT.png

How a Corrupted or a monster can be defeated. Some monsters are known to have certain weaknesses, but there was no known account of the Corrupted having a Subjugation Requirement or any requirement for that matter until Frost arrived.

ia2qs9A.png

Name given to the impending self-destruction of a facility. Occurs when the Threat Level increases to 0, triggering the automatic mechanism. A massive Caldera Industries machine Core creates a black hole that devours everything including the Corrupted, Site and Personnel, leaving only behind a Black Box.

It is said that a heartbeat alongside a ticking sound can be heard the higher the Threat Level/Risk Level is.

5Id7WLi.png

Refers to the TOTAL strength of ALL Corrupted within a facility should an all-out breakout occur. Ranges from 7 (lowest) to 1 (Highest). 0 is the equivalent of Eternal Night and higher. A facility must NEVER reach this.

jGA9O7B.png

Refers to the CURRENT level of danger present during a Corrupted breakout. If the facility Threat Level nears, matches or somehow exceeds the Risk Level then it is advised to order a Code Red Protocol.

xiDJEmW.png

Code Red is the act of summoning appropriate Scarlet Logic or equivalent personnel onto selected areas of the Site. A total lockdown and quarantine will be in place. All personnel unfortunate enough to get caught WILL be considered a Corrupted and will be terminated on sight. Protocol lasts for 24 hours. No will will enter nor leave.

[collapse]

Ee9pUii.pngofnTn6y.png

Spoiler

56QIjHc.jpeg

Zoomable 8,000 x 4,000 Version (Open in new tab to zoom in)

 

WjUv2I4.png

[collapse]

VwHcGP4.pngDhutli3.png

Spoiler

2qZEWLA.pnggfKcI9Z.png

Located in the centre of the world. The rebuilt city of Atlas resides 5 km underneath the floating tower, where the ruins of the old gigacity of Atlas still remain. It serves as a grim reminder of what was lost for the birth of the Nexus. It is where the Blessed conglomerate, alongside the Exalted, Moons, Stars and Beholders who the world see as deities.

The Nexus has one role and it is to protect the world from the Corrupted. Whether this is its true nature is unknown.

It is now blamed for the existence of the Derma and Subcut Layers, as well as the Hearts due to its composition (Genesis Stones), which allows it to alter its surrounding reality.

 

XfJXJD0.pngfSQEnWF.png

The great city directly beneath the Nexus. Houses the families of the Blessed and is where people of significance in Elysia are summoned/gathered. Access is strictly prohibited from outsiders. Much else is unknown aside that Caldera Industries and CogitO have significant presence here.

 

p4SuKcA.pngU2nrW4S.png

Spoiler

f4xzvne.png

The word of Elysia is a world with an unnatural composition deep underneath its surface. It is a world within a world within its subterranean realms where entire civilizations have thrived for countless years. Where surface dwellers aspire to reach for the stars, these people may only dream of what they may look like.

The following are the currently known layers of Elysia.

 

je0QirD.png8UmIzul.png

The surface layer. This layer has access to the sky, the sun, the stars and most importantly - the Nexus. An estimated amount of a billion~ individuals (excluding the Insectids of Gnawer) live in the Epiderma Layer. Ateliers and all manners of life call this layer their home.

 

9FUsh2S.pngfqpaCk1.png

The layer sandwiched between the Epiderma Layer and the Derma Layer. It serves as a 'filament' layer where waste is deposited from the Epiderma Layer via massive sewer lines. It is also where major installations of the Ateliers exist such as the Root-Pillar Complex designed by Caldera Industries, spanning over several hundreds to thousands of kilometres worth of land which keeps the Nex Megalopolis from collapsing into itself.

There are rumours that this is also where the 'Collection' resides.

Several hundreds of millions are known to live in this layer. Those who descend can never ascend again due to the curse of the Subderma Layer.

 

on3mRKL.pngwCHndvj.png

A subterranean world only accessible via a Spatial Distortion or by being swallowed by a pore outside of the Nex Megalopolis' walls.

It is home to the Impuritas and an unknown amount of people in this harrowing world. Hearts thrive underneath, and major civilizations of the Impuritas have been erected within this cavernous realm. Vast, however, does not begin to describe how massive its caverns are, as often times the ceiling can never be seen. As a result, very few know that they live beneath a false sky.

It is where the rumoured One Way Ticket To Hell, which refers to the disappearing Caldera Industries Trains, end up to have their Cores harvested.

There is little else known about this hellish layer.

 

luLSAfi.pngIdUfxtm.png

The expected final layer of Elysia. It is an infernal realm where fires burn hotter than the stars, and where those who commit the worst crimes are sent via an iron coffin to extract their Nex in the most violent, prolonged way possible. Untold creatures roam this realm, and is where items placed into the Dimensional Storage is stored.

Very little is known of this place.

[collapse]

jwQbFoo.pngzVoxNsI.png

Spoiler

f4xzvne.png

A region located directly to the east of the Nexus. It is known for its vast grassy plains and the Nex Megalopolis; currently the most populated city in all Elysia. Dungeons and all sorts of diabolical monsters exist in region and roam beyond the safety of the Nex Megalopolis.

The Nex Megalopolis is the only safe haeven in Brandar, for the lands beyond are inhospitable by nightfall. Millions of pores emerge along Brandar's surface over night, introducing the horrors known as the Impuritas upon the world.

 

5kH4zQm.png

Known Wandering Healer: D-5

5kH4zQm.png

 

tsKSBDo.pngNexus Glossary

f4xzvne.png

Currently the most populated area in the world. It houses approximately 5 million people and is separated into 5 distinct cities, all with at least 10 sectors not including the 3 within the heart of the city itself. The Nex Megalopolis stands as a testament to the powers of the Beholders and their Ateliers, for it not only houses these people, but also acts as a protective barrier for the Nexus. was created by the combined efforts of the Ateliers of the Nexus.

However, this was created with the intention of protecting the Nexus first and foremost. While life is peaceful for the inhabitants, they are NOT the priority and are prone to Dungeon infestations that have been known to spontaneously appear, gobbling everything within the area.

sUHL2px.png

hrYRdfJ.png

The 5 cities of the Nex Megalopolis are as follows:

 

AxgYynI.pngNexus Glossary

Atelier: Golden Index

The city of diamonds and its sectors is home to merchants and acts as the hub for foreign trade. Within lays its fabulous casinos. It is responsible for managing all economic systems in the Nex Megalopolis. Many guilds and companies flourish here, and the main apparel worn here.

The city itself is home to 5 predominant buildings, arranged like fingers reaching for the skies. The Golden Thumb, the Golden Index (Carpal Tower), the Golden Middle, the Golden Ring and the Golden Pinky. Each are responsible for individual tasks and are all subsidiaries of the Golden Index.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A massive 52 story casino filled with an unbelievable number of poker tables, slot machines managed by Fairies and the esteeemd people of the Golden Index. It serves as Beholder Carpalis' home and the headquarters of the Golden Index. It is also currently where the Archetype of Hope, the Magician, currently resides.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A room so vast that it is a world of its own, filled with treasures and piled of gold stacked higher than mountains.

 

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Atelier: ImpulseWorks

The city and its sectors facilitate many functions, such as brothels, inns is usually where people go to socialise. It is where many Adventurers are pointed to when beginning as it is considered the most 'easiest' place to live compared to the rest of the Megalopolis. Many themes of romance and imagery of hearts can be seen throughout its sectors. It is responsible for managing people throughout the Megalopolis.

The most common color scheme is red and black. Love hearts are seen integrated into the architecture. The apparel is slutty and many wear maid-like outfits due to the culture of the Aquatid-dominated Sector.

They call the City of Hearts the City of Lust for a reason, after all.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Predominantly Aquatid and Insectid populated. Houses a massive inland sea that connects to H3 towards the north.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A small luxury town home to 500 Aquatid. It lays between H3 and H5 along a great plains. Contains a beautiful lake with a seemingly endless supply of fish. Adventurers come here for respite and on holidays. It is an overall friendly town. 

It was also in Wharftow where Frost and Jury finally sealed the deal and moved onto the next stage of their relationship. Many pleasant memories are associated with this cosy little place situated in seemingly the middle of nowhere. Frost also helped the town with radiation sickness and further spread her name as the Black Dove, which had become a Color Wharftow now cherishes.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Mixed races, but mostly Insectid dominated. Music lives and breathes in every inch of H5 as it was the home of the Green Conductor. Hellen's shop is also located in H5. Additionally, H5 houses a sinister secret within its darkest shadows...

 

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Home to an ImpulseWorks Site that specializes in research and Corrupted categorization, as well as determining whether a Corrupted is fit to harvest, regardless of the danger it poses.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Sector devastated by the Zeroed Horizon Event of A-L7, leaving behind a colossal crater where waterfalls gorgeously descend. Towns and settlements exist along the rims of the crater. The crater itself is found on a hill located in the centre of H6.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Atelier: Scarlet Logic

A power-driven economy were strength prevails over coins. Murder is rampant in certain S-Sectors, and they are infamous for being a dumping and festering grounds for violent criminals, and overall violence in general. The City of Spades carries many tales of abhorrent cruelty and is where several major Syndicates exist, and were born from.

One major event that occurred is the City of Spades Massacre, which saw a Star of the Nexus, Raoul, lay waste to countless thousands with a brigade of CogitO's Repenters and the Orange Disruptor in an effort to recover the Hell Train that held a pair of twin healers. Following the recovery of the broken healers, who had been trapped with the most depraved criminals whom had murdered one another long before their arrival, Raoul rampaged further.

During the City of Spades Massacre, an Atelier War waged by Justica Arms (2nd Branch) against Scarlet Logic on their own turf. The war resulted in a stalemate and saw the region's lands become severely fractured as gorges and cracks now run throughout the entire outskirts of the City of Spades.

As a result, the City of Spades Massacre refers to both Raoul's rampage, and the Atelier War.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Atelier: Inflow Direct

The City of Clubs is a mostly civil society governed by Inflow Direct, and is one of the few places where its Sectors and citizens are defended by Atelier Personnel. The price of their paradise however is that they are under the agreement that in the event of a war or escalation, they are to offer their most prized organ to aid in Inflow Direct's efforts to protect them and their homes.

It it home to many potion vendors and where academic facilities, libraries and public services are available at large. Healers are frequently born in this healthy environment. The City of Clubs stands as the gold standard of civilization in a world where kingdoms and even neighbouring, partnered cities are ruled by the most violent.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The City of Clubs saw numerous assaults from the Impuritas and Scarlet Logic personnel, wrecking havoc across all Sectors. C3 and C4 however, are of notable mention as they were the front lines of the Scarlet Logic assault. As such, Inflow Direct - after a mass evacuation - bombarded their C3 and C4 with Infusions in the form of magical artillery, completely destroying both Sectors.

Very, very few that remained in these assaulted Sectors lived to tell the tale.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Atelier: Act X

It is the only city located outside of Brander and inside of the diabolical region of Emvita. Not much else is known about it. It is highly suspected that the Fate Mechanism - or at least a part of it - exists directly above the City of Strings, hence the emphatic blue glow of its skies.

If one were to listen closely, they could hear the murmurs of a machine - the heart of the city.

[collapse]

PeFJYWL.pngTqPBWay.png

Spoiler

f4xzvne.png

A region located to the west of the Nexus. Is known for its spectacular valleys and mountains. The Blessed are currently prohibited entry into Grandis as it has been designated as Paradise Lost.

ngFWXhH.png

 

Nexus Glossary

Known Wandering Healer: D-13

Nexus Glossary

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The 'starting' village that Iscario lured Frost into. The once peaceful village was home to a Relay Site. All inhabitants were murdered and all that remains is a sea of graves underneath the broken Relay Site.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A town that used to be a trading hub for many of the kingdoms in the past where slave trading and mercenary work was common. It now stands destroyed. Not a single speck of life remains thanks to an encounter with the Listening Bird.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The ruined city that served as the epicentre of a Plagued Heart. What was once home to upwards of 70,000 people was lost by a series of tragic events that spanned over 14 days. The first was Iscario's use of Infusion S which levelled the city centre, the Crimson Hunger Infestation, and finally, the battle between Frost and the Iron Candle (Corrupted Calfasio) and the Scorched Girl (Corrupted Ignis).

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The megacity of Paradise. In the year 335 PA, one million lives were claimed by a Corrupted known as the dozen-winged bird. By daybreak the city was lost, and all that is left are its ruins and a land ravaged beyond repair.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The successor city to Paradise. Not much else is known about it.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The domain of the One Thousand Eyed Bird. The forests that were once used to execute criminals was burnt down mysteriously one day. The tale of a beast circulated Grandis until one day, the folklore manifested into a Corrupted. The Black Forest still exists, but its tale has been concluded.

There is much mystery revolving around the Black Forest due to Jury's emergent memories that recall a pale forest and how she spent 26 years within when it only existed for 12 years.

[collapse]
[collapse]

KDnosH6.pngVDwFhOr.png

Spoiler

wKxcZ26.pngSoul Rank: Incandescent | Adventurer Rank: Unbound

Rated for: Eternal Night

 

The pinnacle of power. An Incandescent Soul Rank is reached when a person hits level 140. It is impossible to further progress without being a Blessed, and therefore, this is the strongest any non-Blessed will be.

Moons, Stars, Exalted and Beholders are also Incandescent Souls as they all above level 140.

The non-Blessed of this Soul Rank are named after a color, such as the Red Barron.

There are however, exceptions to this rule such as the Mycelli Colony (Massive Fungal Colony), very few Dragons, and certain Anids.

 

KHFgWMv.pngSoul Rank: White | Adventurer Rank: Radiant

Rated for: White Monsoon

 

RcONK5D.pngSoul Rank: Black Adventurer Rank: Diamond

Rated for: Black Monsoon

 

UazON1t.pngSoul Rank: Violet Adventurer Rank: Platinum

Rated for: Violet Hailstorm

 

GuVuenA.pngSoul Rank: Red Adventurer Rank: Gold

Rated for: Red Hailstorm

 

fqxnRos.pngSoul Rank: Blue Adventurer Rank: Silver

Rated for: Blue Trickle

 

OMcSKg9.pngSoul Rank: YellowAdventurer Rank: Copper

Rated for: Yellow Trickle

 

265CPu1.pngSoul Rank: Green Adventurer Rank: Tin

Rated for: Green Trickle

[collapse]

ZYdnRu4.pngt5h5lZs.png

Spoiler

iEo5Agx.png

Frost's second identity. The title itself serves as means for Frost for exert her influence to the greater part of the world ignorant to her identity as the Amalgam. The name is also caked with irony and a contradiction as healers are usually called doves. For one to be black twists the meaning which is true as Frost is capable of inflicting harm despite being a healer.

 

nwJFMHT.png

An absurdly powerful Color that is both revered and feared by high ranking Atelier personnel. Her existence is a legend and seldomly spoken of. However, the source of her power stems from the fact that she is no ordinary individual, but one of 7 Old World Angels hellbent on murdering Elysia.

 

CCR6ukR.png

There is very little known about the Red Barron. But they are known to be an acquaintance of Iscario, and their speciality is speculated to be in fire magic. He is widely believed to have died by mysterious means alongside the Orange Disruptor. 

 

lNMhLyR.png

The (late) Green Composer was a musical conductor capable of orchestrating magical symphonies. They are the father of Helen the Vocalist, and the grandfather of Alice. His name was known to be Mr. Haydn. Not much else is known about him other than his beautiful compositions.

Trivia: Mr.Haydn is a direct reference to the real life equivalent of the inspirational Joseph Haydn, the classical composer.

 

VomGACA.png

An enigmatic Color with the ability to sense the presence of Nex. Not much else is known about her aside from her love of women, her mysterious death in G-Z0, and her involvement in the City of Spades Massacre.

 

No known information on the following Colors:

CnONhOg.pngvJ26JG2.pngVY5WuHm.pngsL5d815.pnglGzNYyS.pngBBAjIIw.pngWQ3cXmJ.png3dhQto9.png

[collapse]

[collapse]

oWcM2h2.pngjDWlIJH.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The Nexus, otherwise known as the Second Advent or the Advent of Amalgamation. The rest of the world calls it the heavens, the celestial tower or the place where the Gods and Deities reside. It is an enigmatic existence that cannot be described as an object or artefact. The floating tower stretches higher than the stars themselves, with its peak nowhere to be seen.

Contrary to widespread belief, the Advent of Amalgamation is actually the very first Advent.

The Nexus is largely responsible for giving out the Blessing of the Nexus; an ability that allows people to gain access to what Frost calls the 'System'; a modernised RPG 'prompt' that allows one to grow exponentially stronger than the ordinary person.

The people who possess these number in only the thousands, and they are called the Blessed.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Not much is known about the Archetypes. While it is widely known that the first Archetype was the Arbiter (The Archetype of Judgement), they are in fact the second Archetype to come into existence.

The very first Archetype was the Archivist (The Archetype of Civilization). Her identity is a close secret to the Nexus, for it was through her that the Beholders were able to receive unprecedented power and their fabled technologies.

Archetypes can interact with the Nexus and Advents of the same Affinity. As the Amalgam has control over the Nexus, the Archivist has reign over the Eternal Library. Archetypes like the Arbiter have shown to also be able to influence the Nexus by revamping its old way of detecting threat levels, giving birth to the Arbiter's Trumpet.

The Archivist bestowed power to the Blessed and created the Beholders who now rule the Nexus.

They are known to be born from the Nexus directly but the truth regarding how they came to be is still in the dark, aside from that all Archetypes are connected to the same strand of fate. Each and every one of them come from a past technological world but carry little to no memories. The only way to recover them is to collect Main Sequence Corrupted to Awaken their Floors and in turn, themselves.

They are the most powerful and the most influential of all beings in Elysia.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The one Archetype to rule them all and she who goes by the namesake of Frost/The Amalgam/The Black Dove/The Head.

The Archetype of Amalgamation was a special case Archetype that was betrayed by a Star of the Nexus, leading her to slowly climb the well of hell until she reclaimed her rightful spot. But before her ruthless nature and zero tolerance to evil - she was first and foremost a human nurse from Earth who would never have dared to hurt a fly.

The Amalgam now oversees all activity within the Nexus and is responsible for its actions. Due to her control over the Advent, she exerts absolute authority over all denizens of the Nexus for the better.

The Amalgam, true to her name, is able to utilize the powers of multiple beings including the Corrupted. In her normal state she is lower than even the Beholders but when pushed to her absolute breaking point (and beyond), she becomes nigh unstoppable and must be suppressed with the entire available force of the Nexus.

Therefore, it is in everyone's interest to appease the Amalgam to prevent another Corruption Event.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A once blind Archetype who recently regained her eyes thanks to the Amalgam's contributions to her tale. The Arbiter is seen as the second most powerful Archetype just behind the Amalgam when in reality the Arbiter is beyond the Amalgam's capabilities. She overseers the Annual Arbiter's Council which invites all Moons and Stars of the Nexus to witness the peaceful dealings of the Beholders.

However, it was not until recently before she was able to actively press them for the truth for she was blind for the last 14 Councils. The 15th changed everything.

The Arbiter is an interesting character with a fixation for judgement and the concept of the Price of Paradise. She is in some way connected with the loss of paradise and likely the late princess of Puritas. She had lived multiple lives, one in the distant past, one in Puritas and her current one within the Nexus.

Her primary role is to ward Elysia's reach/interference within the Nexus. She is also particularly close with Galia - the Beholder of Justica Arms.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The oldest Archetype to ever live. While the Arbiter - the second Archetype to awaken - has been around for 15 years, the Archivist is close to 300 years old. This does not include how time operates in the Eternal Library which fluctuates between accelerating or decelerating.

The Archivist - who goes by the name of Anna - manages the Eternal Library: the only Advent currently fused with the Nexus. She has been responsible for inviting potential Beholders into her Library for the chance to find their one and only technology from the infinite isles of books. She also allows for Blessed to equip Corrupted Personas so long as they are Archived within her Library.

The Archivist used to be a timid girl who was shackled down by her obsession and fear of letting go of an old friend, but now she's become more confident in herself and had finally learned to let go, leading to both the defeat of Sinder | The Crowned, and making way for her to be the first Awakened Archetype.

She now cherishes new experiences, noting that she can't stay huddled indulging in books because reading and experiencing things are two entirely different things.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Magus, the Magician is a bizarre Archetype with a powerful ability - to know how close one is to an Awakening. He wears a golden suit, with a golden tie and gloves to match. A golden top hat and a diamond-encrusted cane is also seen on his character at all times. What makes him so visually different from the others is the fact that his head is a giant card which is able to depict any card from the traditional 56 deck suit, or from the tarot card deck.

He is an eloquent fellow, presenting himself as a gentleman with a broad sense of humour. As a result, he strikes people as less of an Archetype and more as an outlier. Regardless, Magus has had his hand in many efforts and works closely with the Golden Index and its Beholder - Carpalis. He currently serves as their consigliere and offers guidance and aid in the form of laughs and magic tricks.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Director is an enigmatic Archetype that currently meddles with the Advent of Purpose - The Fate Mechanism. They are known to be close to the Magician and have communicated to Frost/The Amalgam via those that worships Act X's Scripts. Not much else is known about him other than that he attempts to sabotage the predictions/outcomes of the Fate Mechanism that favour the Impuritas. Works very closely with Beholder Marionette of Act X.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The newest Archetype to join the fray. The Star Child resembles a much younger and innocent version of Frost but with pale hair. She therefore is easily mistaken for a young healer when in truth she is beyond that.

The Star Child does not speak and instead communicates by drawing glowing equations in the air with a finger for even the most simplest of things. Despite how she looks, she is a genius and had a hand in allowing Nav to claim a mechanical body to live amongst the others. The Star Child's power is not yet known, but it is heavily tied with the Advent of Purpose - The Piece of the Fallen Star which has the power to grant wishes.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

image.png?ex=6630db30&is=661e6630&hm=dcc6460c5fb17993b91c0ad81edaea60904d8660141dbb577c030fedfd73f808&

The most powerful beings only behind the Archetypes. These individuals are rarely seen outside of specific circumstances. They are myths to the common folk and even the Blessed themselves. Their name is thrown around but none truly understand the weight of a Beholder's power, for they possess and harness the full capabilities of their technologies.

However, it is confirmed that the Beholders are in some way 'impure' or 'broken', whether due to their immense lifespan or by their technologies. It can therefore be seen that these technologies take a certain toll on their owners, although to what extent or if this is even true is unknown.

What is known however, is that they cannot survive or utilize their powers without Nex.

Galia is among the most well known, having founded the Warped Stone technology. She is responsible for creating the Hyperlink and Hyperwarp Networks, the Relay Sites, Repositories and the Central Relay.

Another known Beholder is Carpalis, who is widely responsible for fostering the use of currency and founding the various guilds now seen across all of Elysia.

The Beholders also command their Atelier; an organization that solely acts on their behalf.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The newest addition to the ranks of the Beholders. Jury rose to a Beholder at a record pace of less than 4 months whereas others had spent lifetimes struggling to reach where they are now. But do not be fooled, Jury has a past just as rich for her memories predate her current body.

Jury is the only Beholder the Amalgam can fully trust as she is her lover. Very few are aware of their relationship and it is not openly shown in front of the other Beholders. Outside of important duties, Jury freely flirts with Frost/the Amalgam. Her speciality is time magic and her technology is the Heart of Time.

The Heart of Time is derived from the Book of Elysia.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Once a human and now a crude machine with a brain-in-a-jar as a head. His brain is the last remnants of his humanity and relies on the organs of 5 of his trusted personnel to keep him functioning. Furthermore, his body is constantly pumped with healing Infusions and Serums just to keep him alive in his pitiful state.

Regardless, he is an immensely powerful Beholder for he wields the powers of the Infusions, most notably the infamous Infusion S - Speed.

His past is muddled with hardships and sacrifice, mostly for the sake of the healers. His notable role was in the Liquidation War waged against the now liquidated Atelier - Midas Company. He currently watches over the Healers, although he has surrendered that role to the Amalgam in light of his failures, to which he wholeheartedly agreed with the transferal of authority.

Beholder E. primarily manages civil issues within the City of Spades, and runs one of the more accommodating Ateliers. Beholder E.'s technology allows him to convert magic into a liquid form so that even the weakest of people may have a way to help or defend themselves.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A High-Dwarf standing over 2 meters tall and carrying literal collapsing stars in the palm of his hands. His technology allows him to bend gravity to his will to an incredibly destructive degree. As a result, he is forbidden from roaming freely as merely walking into a kingdom would result in a calamity.

Knalzark's past is tied heavily with Infecta Rot - an Impuritas Group hellbent on uncovering Genesis Stones and Advents as he also does. Knalzark is a crafting genius but has long lost his ability to pick up his tools, and thus, has passed on his technical knowledge to his personnel in Caldera Industries who create machines up to hundreds to even a kilometres wide.

He is responsible for creating the train networks, the Eyes, and many machines that the Ateliers rely on.

His magnum opus is the Site Core which is described to have a scale rivalling that of a moon. Dare one say a planet. How they were created has not yet been disclosed, but Knalzark states that knowledge of it is long lost.

Despite how he reacts and his hot-headed personality, Knalzark has a tender spot and pledges obedience to the Amalgam for reason he will not describe. However, this is partially due to the fact that he sees the Amalgam as a bright light, whereas he had long lost his own glow, devoured by the black holes that now nestle in his hands.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Beholder who forever changed logistics and travel with the teleportation power of her Warped Stone. She is one of two Beholders who do not directly possess their technology as they have allowed it to fuse with the Nexus itself, granting the Blessed the ability to use her Hyperlink Relays and the Repositories to transport around the world.

In contrast, normal people will have to use mounts, caravans, trains or other modes of transport. Blessed can simply teleport to their desired location.

Galia is amongst the most despised Beholder by other Beholders due to her audacity and the fact that she is an Otherworlder originating from Earth. Her largest foe is Knalzak as they both carry heavy grievances against one another, although Galia has just enough to levy outcomes in her favour.

Her nationality is not known, but she was born at the tail end of the Scientific Revolution in 1835. She was anti-theological, but in an ironic twist of fate, now runs an Atelier disguised as one of the largest theologies in Elysia. At least on the surface.

She is described to be a snake due to the way she speaks. She is manipulative at the core and according to the Arbiter, she carries the greatest sin of all and awaits the day of her judgement.

The tale that granted her the Warped Stone is the tale of 'Paradise Restored'.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A rare Beholder with a soft spot for the living. Carpalis makes it her mission to make the world a better place to live by sending out golden tickets which call people in need from across the world to her elusive City of Diamonds. This comes at a price however. Her technology is fittingly called the Faustian Bargain - derived from the same tale of Dr. Faust - and exchanges a piece of a persons soul for respite.

The Faustian Bargain takes the form of a giant golden hand which is attached the ends of her hair and constricts her body. It is what threatens to split her in half, and simultaneously what keeps both halves connected.

Following the battle against Sinder | The Crowned, her Faustian Bargain endured catastrophic damages as she lost her only arm left.

Carpalis has a self-depreciating personality, and is usually described as creepy as she tends to laugh at her own jokes. Hidden beneath it all is a woman suffering from both her past, and the constant excruciating pain of having to endure the collective agony of all those she had taken a piece of a soul from.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The person in the image is Beholder Descartes 3 - one of 5 distinct individuals that stem from one soul. They say the sum of the parts are larger than the whole, and Beholder Descartes is living proof of this. There is little known about what each personality is like and what they look like aside from Descartes 3.

Descartes 3 presents herself as a serious woman seeking only to get work done, and has referred to herself as the 'Reality Principle' numerous times to convey that this is the primary her (until another Descartes assumes the position of the Reality Principle).

They are master manipulators and controllers of the mind, and have been studying it for as long as history dares to remember. Their technology perfectly reflects this as it allows them to exert control as well as read every emotion, every thought and every sensation of those they wish.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Don't let her looks fool you. Marionette is far larger than she appears and carries another 2 more pairs of arms beneath her coat, totalling to 6 arms. These arms however are not hers. They are mechanical prosthesis used to tug and interpret the strings of the Fate Mechanism.

As a result, Marionette refers to herself as a 'Living Loom' - one of a few who can interpret the mechanical churning of the Advent of Purpose.

Marionette is a humanoid Anid - a Nilhinid meaning she is the offspring of a healer (mother) and an Anid (father). She was born with no limbs and it is unknown how she survived, let alone made it as a Beholder.

However, it does not detract from the power she possess.

She does not seem to possess an internal drive and simply follows the whims of the Fate Mechanism just like what her namesake suggests - a marionette.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

No one truly knows what the Abyssal Mother looks like aside from the shape of her humanoid silhouette. She is theorized to be of Aquatid origin and is amongst the oldest Beholders known.

There is evidence that points to her having a personal encounter with Elysia in one way or another, as her Atelier - ImpulseWorks - was based upon the blueprint of the primordial Site G-Z7. She believes that people can only thrive by tempering their aspirations and learning to take flight on their own, a twisted irony as her Workers are placed in a hell like birds in a cage.

Little else is known.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A dark-skinned Demon with a disposition to encourage the inevitable countdown of death. Beholder Umbra is blunt with her words and advocates the philosophy of utter nihilism, but not in a destructive manner. Rather, it is one of acceptance.

Umbra presents herself in a black, hooded coat wrapped with chains like a crudely made straitjacket. She is the other Beholder that has fused her technology - the Dimensional Lock - with the Nexus, allowing for the Blessed to store items into a pocket dimension known as the Dimensional Storage. If they knew the truth of the storage, then perhaps they'd think twice before storing their items within...

That being said, Beholder Umbra commands the oldest Stars of the Nexus - the Iron Stars. She also oversees the wars between the Demons and Humans in the southern parts of Elysia, plucking unwanted and captured enemies to feed her race's growing hunger for sustenance. One could interpret the chains placed upon her as a metaphor of her suppressed instincts, or perhaps an even deeper meaning.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Lucy for short, and the name she prefers to go by.

She is the Primordial Demon of Pride, and the designated leader of all 7 Primordial Demons that run Oboros Infinitas. Like the Archetypes and Old World Angels, Primordial Demons come from the old world carrying memories of their technological, dystopian world.

Not much is known about Lucy aside from rumours and offhanded remarks from Satania, the Primordial Demon of Wrath who mentioned that getting on her bad side would have her hung from the tongue. She dabbles in all Oboros Infinitas business, and like the others, bares specific hatred for the Angels and the Arbiter on a personal level.

Regardless, she is presumed to be happy to help as long as the Amalgam is involved.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Marduk is described to be a man hellbent on attaining power at all costs. His face was said to always be concealed and a chittering could be heard coming from within his carapace armour. This was not always the case. At one point Marduk was a human but the nature of his technology - which has the side effect of inducing mutations - gradually altered biology until he was no longer considered human.

All information surrounding him is ill known, as he never personally involved himself in affairs with other Ateliers. Even the assassination of Carpalis was not carried out by him directly, but only by his personnel and new Impuritas allies.

But if there is one thing that is for certain, it is that Marduk had marked himself as a traitor of the Nexus, and the Amalgam will stop at nothing until he is eliminated.

The Head wants his head on a silver platter.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Synonymous with 'guide', 'messengers' and 'information brokers'. Stars are the people's people and offer guidance no matter where they are or who inquires. They are among the most trusted and highly regarded individuals of the Nexus. Stars are often used to communicate between Ateliers and Beholders.

Stars can be described as fervently religious when it comes to the Nexus. However, they do come in different flavours as many have been integrated into Ateliers.

These Atelier-affiliated Stars are no longer loyal to the Nexus, but to instead their Beholders.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Stars belonging to Scarlet Logic. Known to be combat focused rather than their non-combative counterparts and make up a majority of the Managers in the Scarlet Logic Midnight Teams. Their weapon of choice is more often than not the Unstable Capturer - a capture-esque weapon designed to bleed enemies of their mana with its red electrical charge but the cost of their own life force.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The oldest Stars belonging to the Chained Theocracy, consisting of the oldest individuals known in Elysia. They carry ancient wisdom and have seen multiple rise and falls of civilizations. They breathe the very history of Elysia, but do not share this knowledge willingly. Their whereabouts are as mysterious as what they do.

Some describe them as Stars so old that they have lost their lustre and have become dull, emotionless husks devoid of the flame of life - hence the name Iron Stars.

They have come to call the current Era of Elysia the Degenerate Era.

Trivia: Degenerate Era refers to the future Era in cosmology where stars can no longer form.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The defenders of the Nexus. They possess one and only one role - to fight all threats of the Nexus or their affiliated Atelier. They wield highly specialized Atelier items and weapons and live a life of battle. The power of a Moon ranges greatly unlike that of the Stars and the Exalted, however.

Moons carry a dark secret. Those that are not chosen by an Atelier are seen as unwanted. Therefore, the Amalgam has chosen to take them under her direct command and has integrated them within Time Reverberation. Traditional Moons are now considered the most sacred of Moons, and where the likes of the Three Heads of Security: The Eye, Fang and Claw of the Head/Amalgam have emerged (Cer, Ber and Res).

Non-Atelier affiliated Moons specialize in fighting the Corrupted more than any other being or role in Elysia.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Highly trained and ruthless Moons that rarely fight Corrupted, for they are tuned to fight other Moons and most threats. They are characterized by their all-red appearance and ooze with blood lust from every pore. They belong to the Scarlet Logic and make up the majority of the Midnight Scarlet Logic Teams.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Assassins of ImpulseWorks trained to fight other Moons and to eliminate Atelier Personnel, as well as rouge targets. Eclipses are deployed when a Moon is thought to be close to a Corruption Event, eliminating them before they even have a chance to transform. Their use is highly controversial in the current political environment since the Amalgam assumed control over the Nexus.

After all, the Moons of the Nexus are now hers.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

As rare as their namesake suggests. Blue Moons are of the bureaucratic kind and work solely within CogitO's sphere. They pull the strings for the sake of their Beholders and thoroughly ensure that everything and everyone is operating at an optimal level. As CogtitO lacks its own stars, it utilizes Moons as its own personal courier/messenger network.

Nothing gets through them, and it is considered equally an ill omen or a miracle to be met face to face with a Blue Moon. They prefer personal encounters.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The highest level a Moon can currently achieve outside of the already established Eye, Fang and Claw of the Amalgam/Head.

A New Moon is a Moon that returns from Corruption and embraces their newfound power. Currently, there is only one in existence - the Claw of the Amalgam: Ber - the Galvanic Claw, and she who possesses the full power of the Corrupted Persona: the Black Swan.

New Moons are therefore seen as a rebirth in a way, or one's overcoming of their internal and external vices to blossom into a better self, free from the restraints of Serum G.

A half-way measure is when a Moon equips a Corrupted Persona. They are not necessarily New Moons, but they are able to possess a fraction of their might.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Esteemed individuals that either act independently or work alongside a Beholder. They are largely responsible for conducting political work with nations, kingdoms and factions outside of the Nexus. They are the spokesmen of the Nexus and boast immense strength. Many and if not all Exalted operate under the Golden Index, and are considerably weaker than other members of the Nexus. Additionally, many of them are not Blessed to begin with, hence their weakness compared to the others.

All Exalted are Impuritas.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Individuals responsible for receiving the Blessed into the Nexus or to an Atelier's location. They are not known for any unique strengths. In fact, most are significantly weaker than normal people. It is unknown what criteria must be met to become a Receptionist.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The most sacred segment of the Nexus. It is where the Floors of the Nexus reside as well as the Workshops of the Ateliers and their Receptions. Unfortunately, due to the destruction of the Hyperlink Networks the Receptions are heavily compromised and out of order.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Floors belonging to an Archetype. There are exactly 11 known Floors each varying greatly with what resides within. From the wonders of the Floor of Amalgamation to the cityscape of the Floor of Civilization, to the void of the Floor of Desire - there is no shortage of mystery surrounding these enigmatic locations.

But if there is one thing that is for certain it is that an Awakened Floor wields spectacular power.

The Floors of the Nexus are sealed until an Archetype rouses. So far six out of eleven Archetypes/Floors have roused, and only one has formally Awakened (The Archetype of Civilization).

The following is the order from the highest floor to the lowest.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Floor belonging to the one and only Archetype of Amalgamation - the Amalgam.

Unlike the other Floors the Floor of Amalgamation resembles a paradise taking facets of places the Amalgam has previously visited. It serves as the home of her party and those she trusts, as well as a place of respite.

Wildlife freely roam, mountains tower in the backdrop and a still ocean runs as far as the eye can see. Seasons pass and the weather changes as it would beyond. The Floor of Amalgamation stands at the highest point of the Nexus, although it is unknown if anything resides any higher.

The Nexus does, after all, extend well beyond the atmosphere of the world. Perhaps even into the cosmos and beyond.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The home of the Arbiter. It is where the infamous Icon of Judgement also resides, and now the One Thousand Eyed Bird and the Listening Bird.

The Floor of Judgement has no known function. It it is a purely pale, reflective-marble chamber that exudes an oppressing aura of divinity. People have described the Floor to exert an overbearing pressure as though they were constantly being judged for every action both past and present, and perhaps even of the future.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Locked.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Awaiting the approval of the Archetype of Hope.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Locked.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Awakened Floor of Civilization serves as the first of its kind and belongs to Anna - the ancient Archetype of Civilization; the Archivist. It is where all of civilization is mapped according to the places she explores and allows for live, 3D monitoring of all with the caveat that people are represented as silhouettes which can make identification difficult.

It replaces the devastated Eyes of Caldera Industries until they are rebuilt. Beyond this the Floor of Civilization has no other function than to physically replicate the world the Archivist has explored similar to an Arc.

The Floor of Civilization previously held an entire endless replica of the sole civilization in the old Elysia - an unnamed City where more than a hundred billion thrived. It was a utoptia for the few, and an utter dystopian nightmare for the discarded many. One could imagine the horrors that occurred within.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Awaiting the approval of the Director. Nothing else is known except that they called it a grand stage.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Locked.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Locked.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Locked.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Floor belonging to the Archetype of Desire - the Star Child. It is a floor devoid of all light and material, existing as a blank canvas where the Star Child is able to freely write her equations and drawings to her heart's content.

It is theorized that the darkness represents the void within the shell that held GEN-00 captive and tortuously harvested its energy in the old Elysia.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The place where the Aspects of Technology are conceived, finalised, manufactured and born. They exist beyond the protective boundary called the Threshold that prevents unlawful interaction by unauthorised parties, making the Workshops the most secured place in the Nexus outside of the Floors of the Archetypes.

Each Workshop is a boundless canvas that begs to be filled with the industry of an Atelier. Unfortunately, many Beholders prefer to host their industries outside of the Workshops aside from Galia of Justica Arms, and now Jury of Time Reverberation. All Workshops are fitted with a device called the White Light Apparatus which allows Beholders to infuse Genesis Stones with their technologies/Beholder Skills, forming the basis of an Aspect of Technology/product.

Justica Arm's Main Branch is held within a Workshop and serves as the sole source of their crystal, teleportation bullets as well as where their magical firearms are developed and partially manufactured.

Each Workshop exists in a subfloor equal to a Floor of the Nexus. For example: Justica Arms' Workshop/Main Branch technically resides on the same floor as the Floor of Judgemement.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

It is unknown where these Receptions reside exactly, for the invited individuals are teleported directly into the Atelier's Reception. The one known physical location of an Atelier's reception is the Golden Index's, located within the City of Diamonds.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The metaphorical heart of the Nexus. It is where the major technologies donated by the Beholders exist as integral parts of the Nexus and where accumulated Advents reside. It is a highly sacred and well guarded part of the Nexus, accessible only by Stars and carefully selected individuals such as Justica Arms Sacral personnel who harvest the crystals of the Warped Stone here.

The Middle Sanctum is a world within a world, beginning from the bottom where a dark storm looms over the land to a field held onto the rising trunk of a central pillar. It resembles a gargantuan tree, with fields of flora and fauna thriving along its vast offshoots.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A crystal realized by Galia. It carries the abnormal ability to cause objects to teleport, hence the name 'warp'. Despite its anomalous nature it is a technology powered by the perversion of physics rather than magic, allowing it to make dramatic changes in the world at merely the cost of Nex.

The Warped Stone allows for the Blessed to inherently interact with the Hyperlink Relays and the Repositories.

Crumbs of the Warped Stone are nurtured by Justica Arms in the elevated portion of the Middle Sanctums by her most trusted personnel. It is also where fluffy beings roam alongside them, but do not be fooled - they are incredibly powerful.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Umbra's technology that allows the Blessed to interact with the Subcut layer in the form of an Ability. This Ability is the Dimensional Storage which grants the Blessed the power to store as many items as they please within the Subcut layer so long as it does not exceed the weight limit.

Little do the Blessed know is that their precious storage is connected to a hideous place where nightmares perpetually roam.

The Dimensional Lock is also responsible for the existence of the Threshold.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A miniature city that houses certain facilities like the Reception, various stores, a bank, food and where special weapons made from the Blessed are purchasable. Around 90% of the Blessed congregate in these parts.

Races from across Elysia gather here either to spend their Nex or to relax after a day of adventuring. Some even make a living here by selling goods. The population has decreased substantially after the great purge following Iscario's betrayal, however, the population is still strong and a majority of the highest ranking Blessed still remain.

Countless smiles and laughter is heard at every corner. It's a small slice of paradise in an otherwise unforgiving world.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A massive dome-like structure found in the heart of the Common Hub. It is where the black-suited Receptionists work to help the Blessed both new and old. They are obliged to answer all questions and are among the most respectful and respected workers of the Nexus.

There are three parts to the reception. The outermost part deals with questions, the middle is responsible for banking and storage; a section called the Repository, and the innermost area facilitates raids, events and mission; including large-scale coordination events.

Due to certain circumstances some Moons have found themselves working as Receptionists, namely the Jesters of the Nexus (the electric wolf triplets). As one could imagine, personnel trained for combat does not mesh well with such a role.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A pale room that stretches upwards as far as the eye can see. It is the place that connects the Nexus with the Hyperlink Network; all thanks to the technology created from the Warped Stone. This is where the majority of teleportation occur both back and forward. However, the Moons, Stars, Exalted and Beholders have never been seen using the Central Relay as multiple others exist higher within the Nexus.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A vast floor that resembles a flat plains. Plots of land and houses can be built or purchased with Nex. This is where the majority of the Blessed live. Owning a house however does not exclude them from the 100 daily Nex payment to remain within the Nexus.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Past the Common Hub is a corridor protected by the Stars. Beyond them lies the vast many-kilometre battlefield where countless weapons lay buried upright into the cracked marble floor. It is unknown how long the War in Heaven had lasted for but it was a pivotal point in the Nexus that served as the prelude to its ascension by Caldera Industries.

To protect the Nexus from invaders Knalzark elevated the Nexus several kilometres above Atlas. Entry into the Nexus has been carefully governed by existing Ateliers within the Nexus for the longest time until the arrival of the Earth-born Galia, who brought Caldera Industries to their knees and to a vicious stalemate.

Little else is known about the event itself, but it was one of the most bloodiest conflicts known to Elysia having had the Beholders personally fight in the gauntlet. Although Genesis Stones are known to be indestructible, the sheer number of Beholders simultaneously fighting at their maximum capacity caused substantial destruction, and ultimately the dispersion of a large quantity of Genesis Stones.

The War in Heaven established the hold of the current Beholders over the lesser ones who were forced to live in exile. Some examples include Midas Company (operated primarily in the Frozen Springs) and Luminal Synchrony (operated in coastal areas, most predominantly near Caldera, the Molten Springs and the arid Region of Wormdol).

It is unknown if Midas Company's motivation to torture the healers was linked with their loss in the War in Heaven.

[collapse]
[collapse]

qmhtG55.pngnJAdV1j.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Natural wonders of Elysia. Advents are enigmatic constructs and existences with no known origin, cause or reason of existence. They merely exist as they are and stand as the source of the world's reverence. Untold power and existence-defying properties define these most revered wonders, with the most notable being the Nexus.

Entire eras are dedicated to the rise of an Advent. The first Advent that arose was the Eternal Library, ill-known to the greater part of the world who still do not know what exactly was the Advent that began their newest calendar.

However, Advents are not truly natural phenomenons and are in fact artificial constructs originating from a cruel distant past. They are powers derived directly from the 'light' in some capacity, wielding the exorbitant power to change the world as we know it.

Only 5 Advents have been confirmed to Exist. The Nexus, and the Eternal Library, the Piece of a Fallen Star, the Fate Mechanism, and the 'Apple' Advent - the Garden of Paradise as the Arbiter calls it, which has now also been confirmed to be a great golden tree.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The true first Advent, but known as the Second Advent to the vast majority of the world. It is unknown how long it has been in the world. All that is known is that it was brought into the skies 150 years ago.

It is widely referred to as the Celestial Heavens, or heaven itself. The Nexus arose 150 years ago in 200 PA, causing the devastation of the largest civilization known to Elysia; Atlas. The ruins of Atlas now remain in the form of shattered archipelagos, with the new Atlas built directly within the shadows of the Nexus.

The Nexus floats largely due to Caldera Industries technology, the Gravity Engine, and has assumed the technology of Justica Arms and the Chained Theocracy, hence why the Blessed are inherently allowed to teleport and access the Dimensional Storage.

It it is unknown what the purpose of this Advent is, but it is highly important as it contains the Floors of the Archetypes, and is confirmed that certain Corrupted must be brought to those floors for the Awakening criteria of the Archetypes/Floors.

Whether it is a poison or a beacon of hope is yet to be determined. It is an object of worship and fascination.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

“An endless library containing compendiums of the past, present, and future. All knowledge whether from Elysia or worlds beyond are compiled into this one place, written in a 56-character set and 1,000 paged books. Due to this, finding a coherent book is nearly impossible without the aid of the Archivist.” - Nav

 

Considered the very first Advent, but its true nature is only known by the select few. Amongst the countless millions across Elysia only but a few thousand are aware of its existence. It is actually the Second Advent.

The Eternal Library arose 350 years ago and marked a new calendar, named PA. The Library itself is a monolithic sprawl of endless shelves towering higher than one can perceive, with rooms so vast that it appears like its own world. There is no known limit to the Eternal Library's size but it is theoretically finite given that there are a set number of combinations, although that is nearing infinity to begin with.

It houses all information regarding the past, present and future and holds knowledge over the tales, stories and order of event for certain Awakening procedures, such as the tale of the Price of Paradise for the Arbiter.

The Archivist, a young girl with black hair and a pale dress maintains this place and is known to help wanders and those she invites to find their one, true book. It is how Beholders are created, for it is through this that they are able to receive their technologies, as seen with Carpalis and her Faustian Bargain technology, which was derived from the tale of Dr. Faust and his deal with the devil.

The Eternal Library has the power to allow the Awakened Archivist to grant people a Corrupted Persona to wield so long as it has been archived into a book within her Library.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

An Advent capable of granting the wishes of those it wills on a seemingly whimsical basis. Its known that the wishes it grants is considered a half-wish and often leads to a monkey-paw scenario where the result is not intended, such as Ara's gender change when he wished to become more popular. Another is Nav's wish which resulted in her becoming a living machine incapable of truly experiencing what it means to live.

However, with the right amount of Nex and through the guidance of the Star Child can someone achieve their one true wish.

The Piece of the Fallen Star is within the cross hairs of the Impuritas. Now that its whereabouts is unknown it is a race against time for both sides to find the Piece of the Fallen Star before an unstoppable wish is granted. This Advent is therefore another focal point of the grand scheme alongside the Nexus and Frost herself.

Although, all Advents are a main piece of the chess board. It is just a matter of when it is time for them to make their move.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Fate Mechanism allows for the interpretation of future events via unknown means. Act X and the Sect of Gears are highly connected with this Advent. Interestingly enough, Frost's fate cannot be interpreted.

However, the truth is that this Advent does not make predictions, but rather is fed an outcome and demands scenarios that inevitably lead towards it. It requires the actions of its connected 'Actors' to perform their acts according to the Scripts. Failure results in their strings being severed by Act X. As for the Sect of Gears, the person is literally turned into another cog in the machine to fuel their intended outcomes.

The Director has a hand in sabotaging the Sect of Gears. What else he is capable of is not yet known, but he is able to communicate through the Scripts those he wishes. It is also believed that he too can force the Fate Mechanism to work towards his own intended outcomes.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The actual location or visual description of the Advent of Purpose is still to be determined. It is believed to be in the possession of the Impuritas, more specifically in Iscario's hands. The Advent of Purpose is a dangerous Advent capable of inducing a false Corruption through the consumption of its Seeds, which are derived from the Apples. It not yet known what happens if one were to consume an Apple directly.

[collapse]

QlVUjlA.pngVYzI1H1.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Otherwise known as the Blessing of the Nexus or for Frost, the Blessing of the Amalgam. It contains and defines a person's profession, skills, abilities, levels and the currency called Nex all in one convenient package.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Nexus Glossary

One's health pool. It directly reflects one's life and the state of their body. If it hits 0 then said person dies. ATT and MAG ATT, as well as negative statuses and diseases impact this.

 

Nexus Glossary

Mana points. It reflects how much mana a person is able to harness for certain skills that require mana, such as magic. Upon reaching 0, all points in MAG ATT and MAG DEF becomes redundant save for bonuses granted by armour and weapons.

 

Nexus Glossary

The numerical value of one’s strength and the maximum potential damage they can inflict. ATT directly affects HP and is consequently resisted by ATT DEF.

 

Nexus Glossary

It resisted ATT on a pure one-to-one basis, unless the DEF matched or was higher than the ATT. For example, a 50 ATT attack against someone with 50 ATT DEF would only do the minimum amount of damage, which was 1. The same was true if they only had 20 ATT.

 

Nexus Glossary

The same as ATT but affects MAG DEF.

 

Nexus Glossary

Blocks MAG ATT attacks.

 

Nexus Glossary

It defines the maximum movements speed of a person in general. This included things like punches, kicks, jump height, skill usage and reaction time.

 

Nexus Glossary

This determined one's physical, mental and magical resistance to certain conditions, such as being set alight or the capabilities to resist poison for longer. With a high enough RESIST stat one, could outright negate certain conditions.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Nexus Glossary

These are determined by the combination of all profession levels. An overall level is:

The sum of offence + half of defence + a quarter of support + a tenth of exploration

The equation is O+(D/2)+(S/4)+(E/10)

 

Nexus Glossary

Represents all offensive-based professions

 

Nexus Glossary

Consists of all defence-based professions

 

Nexus Glossary

Encapsulates all support-based professions

 

Nexus Glossary

Reflects all exploration-based professions

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Every 50 levels is considered a milestone. Various rewards and bonuses are granted, as well as a new title whenever a level milestone is reached.

 

Nexus Glossary

Getting a profession to level 100 is a profession mastery. Every 25 levels is a milestone where bonuses and new skills for the profession are granted. Unique and powerful abilities and skills are rewarded at a profession mastery.

Professions, however, may only be levelled by using their respective Active Skills.

 

Nexus Glossary

Is is the highest level of an Active Skill. This is reached at level 50 or [Skillname] V. The skill evolves to its final form and may bear unique properties.

[collapse]

Ny9Pgs1.pngOQXz0el.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Elysia is home to many races, both familiar and unfamiliar. Each have their own unique cultures, homelands and customs that cannot be found anywhere else. Racial magic and traits also come into play when discussing the plentiful races that populate Elysia near and far, up and deep underneath.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

One of the more plentiful races, but call home to only three Regions in Elysia's main continent: Grandis, Brandar and Emvita. Humans struggle to survive in remote and monster-infested Regions without numbers, adequate defences or particularly powerful individuals. As a result, Humans have a long history of being on the receiving end of many atrocities.

In recent times however Humanity is in a stable place and depending on the Region is the perpetrator of the same atrocities that were once committed upon them.

Humans lack any racial traits or magic. But where they shine is in their ingenuity and vast diversification of professions. Whilst other races tend to be good at one thing, Humans can reach their hands into multiple skill sets. Their largest vice is their limited lifespan of roughly a hundred years, and even that is rarely met.

Humans are responsible for creating some of the most beautiful structures along Emvita, and were the engineers that designed the mega city of the now fallen Paradise. They are otherwise unremarkable but boast an incredible population count compared to other races.

They are locked in an eternal war with the Demons of Zelmori, a nearby continent to the west of Emvia.

What makes humans truly unique however is that they are the only race that can adopt the lucrative Affinity for healing magic.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Long ears and come in two flavours - Righteous, proud and are fervently driven by their code; or lewd enough to try take on anything that moves. Plants included. In fact, the latter's experiments have resulted in certain phallic-like fruits coming into existence, such as the Lust-Nanas and the Aphrodisiac Apples.

The latter are also mostly found in distant lands away from their home continent of Spirtas, running brothels or adventuring for the sake of sating their lust. They follow the shadow of the deity (Beholder) the Abyssal Mother who once taught her lustful ways before officially becoming a Beholder.

The former Elves are militaristic and highly disciplined, with the majority in some way tied with Justica Arms. While both sides are powerful, the former have accessed to the Justica Arm - a firearm capable of shooting crystal, teleporting bullets. There is an in between culture of the two major 'sides' of the Elven race who tend to do their own thing.

Elves are amongst the oldest races, with their Elders being as old as several centuries. Regardless of what type of Elf one is, they are highly adept at magic and are peerless in their beauty. They can manipulate and communicate with nature at will and are physically superior to even humans.

However, due to the number of clans the Elves are not as united as other races. More often than not they are at odds with each other.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A diverse race of mostly bipedal anthropomorphic creatures that inherent characteristics and features of the animal/creature they take after. Due to the sheer number of creatures in Elysia, the number of Beastkin Clans is uncountable.

They originate from the southern continent of Demis and are the progenitors of the Demi-Humans found throughout the main, centre-most continent of Elysia. Beastkin boast physical prowess over magic and depending on their form they can be quite capable even at lower levels. They are very rarely seen in the main continent but once populated it many centuries ago.

They are prideful beings that honour the strong and those within their clans. Although, not all take this approach. Like the Elves, they are prone to fighting amongst themselves. Their intelligence has been observed to be less than other races as they operate on a more instinctual, primal level, often acting on impulse before assessing the situation.

Due to their seclusion in Demis, they are rarely seen as Atelier Personnel. One can commonly find them in Scarlet Logic's ranks, however.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A race resulting in the copulation between a human and a Beastkin. They are seen as inferior in the eyes of both, but depending on cultural beliefs Demi-Humans are either equal or so far underneath them that they are considered slaves.

They possess animal characteristics in the form of their personality, behaviour, ears, tails, etc. Some of the most friendliest people come from their cut of cloth, but similarly the most vicious of them all are bred by the violence conducted against the Demi-Humans, namely the Wise Black Wolf who ran the infamous Syndicate: the Solemn Paw.

Like humans, they can reach their hand into just about any skill, although, this may be limited to certain Demi-Humans, such as Centaurs, Lamias, etc who don't possess the full range of motion or dexterity as other Demi-Humans do.

Demi-Humans are found anywhere humans are in the main continent of Elysia, mostly populating the modern paradise of Brandar and the Nex Megalopolis. The majority of the Blessed also seem to consist Demi-Humans. Their situation in Emvita is not so different from Brandar (albeit worse) as they and the humans fight a common enemy. In Grandis however, Demi-Humans are persecuted heavily by the humans solely because they see them as inferior and have been known to sever ears and tails to make them appear more 'human'.

Demi-Humans of Grandis echo the mass persecution of the healers decades ago, as well as the time when the humans of Grandis were preyed upon by virtually every other race, including the Insectids, Aquatids and most predominantly the Anids - a race which was capable of liquefying its victims whilst keeping them alive in this horrifying state for years - perhaps decades on end.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A seafaring race that, like Demi-Humans, boast the characteristics of humans and marine creatures. Despite their human appearance they are not in any way related to them. In fact, Aquatids are known to predate on humans and other humanoid races, whether to be used as food, breeding partners, pets or forced, tragic lovers.

Unlike Demi-Humans who are characterised by their features, the Aquatids are categorised by the pressures they can withstand. Surface-dwelling Aquatids are nowhere near as frightening as the deep-sea Aquatids, let alone the Abyssal Aquatids who are often hired as cold-blooded assassins by Ateliers.

Their culture has taken a considerable twist in Brandar as of recent, particularly in the City of Hearts where their hunger for humans has turned into infatuation. They adore humans, especially those that wear maid outfits as it scratches a primal itch. Due to their slimy appendages and tendency to latch, caress and hug people; they are seen as a perverted race when in truth it is how they greet one another, as well as 'taste' and 'sense' others.

Aquatids are known to be obsessive lovers and don't generally betray their partners. But this is also a dangerous trait, as they can be incredibly controlling, manipulative and restrictive. Although, this is not always the case as future generations of Aquatids have learned to tame this instinct. It does still remain dormant, however.

Whether they have tails for legs, or tentacles for arms, or live inside of a shell - no two Aquatids are quite the same.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Insectids outnumber every other race combined by a considerable margin. Their numbers are in the billions, confined in the northwest Region of Gnawer where wars are waged at every waking hour between each Insectid species. From Bees to Ants, to Wasps to Beetles - they are genetically hard wired for the purpose of war and know nothing beyond conflict.

They are vaguely human in appearance and are characterized by their insect-like features, which usually doubles as a weapon. Insectids at the core are violent, murderous and driven solely by pheromones and instincts. Individuality is lost on them as they function in the interests of the collective.

Later generations that have escaped the war have shown to be just like any other race, with many turning to music and art within the City of Hearts. Insectids have a generally low lifespan ranging from as little as a week to 20 years. Particularly rare and powerful Insectid can exceed this biological limit, although it is unknown if their lifespan is due to their biology or the countless wars.

They make up the bulk of Scarlet Logic's forces as a result of their unquestioning fealty to the morbid art of bloodshed. It is all they have and will ever know. Insectids are normally born from eggs rather than live births like most races and have multiple stages of metamorphosis. Some are born as adults and are ready to fight within seconds of entering the world.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Not to be mistaken for Angels. Avians are one of the few winged races capable of flight. Their ears tend to be hidden by fluffy flaps found on the side of their head and they are known for their mischievous and energetic nature. They tend to be on the optimistic side of things in life and often call places of high elevation their home. Their homelands are anywhere where the world meets the sky, but more and more have found the civil life in the Nex Megalopolis far more comfortable.

They are rarely found in combat or adventuring roles and make up a decent bulk of store owners. They have a splendid palette for coffee and tea, making them the perfect baristas. Due to their ability to fly, their weakness is hard to exploit as they can flee with ease. Avians are amongst the most fun races one can come across, but they can be very clumsy.

If you befriend an Avian, then please look out for them!

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

An incredibly rare race that is said to be extinct in Elysia. Only seven are known to exist and these Angels have lived lives preceding even the world itself. They carry untold power and access to certain technologies of the old world, such as the White Wing and her teleportation pocket watch.

Healers classify as Angels too (New World Healers), whereas the traditional Angels are specifically called Old World Angels.

They do not get along with the similarly aged seven Primordial Demons of the Atelier Oboros Infintas.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Mechanical arachnid-like entities coated in pure white materials, usually metal. It is unknown how they even exist. They are an enigmatic, sapient race that parasitize other races in order to reproduce and survive. They have a strict hierarchy that is dependant on the number of legs an Anid possesses, for example - Octanids (Eight) are the warriors and defenders of the Nest, whereas the Decanids (Ten) are the 'hive mind' of a particular Nest.

As a result, the number of legs also determines the role an Anid assumes.

They are ruthless and are universally considered enemies. Their methods are cruel for they can liquefy an entity and keep them alive like a festering barrel of alcohol for decades on end. They quite literally become their blood.

Anids abduct and reproduce with the wombs of all races, resulting in a 100% death rate as the hatchings burrow and burst their way out from their mothers, before feasting upon them.

However, in spite of their cruelty, they have been known to take pity on slaves, those with good hearts, and most notably the healers. They are oddly affectionate to these tortured souls. Healers are the only people that can survive an Anid birth, resulting in the limbless Nilhind - a half-human, half-Anid creature that is doomed to perish without intensive care.

The largest Anid known is the Millinid - a one thousand legged Anid said to tower mountains as it strides across the snow-capped land of the Anid Region.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

They once called themselves Insectids, but have learned to avoid the futility of war and banded together under their true identity. Arachnids are a cunning race that specializes in manipulation, assassination and control. They are found infrequently across Elysia and come in two forms:

Civilized; which are Arachnids that have assimilated with society and conventional norms, or Feral; which are Arachnids that predate on those they can get their hands on and typically live in seclusion. Their lower bodies are that of a giant spider, and their upper is that of typically a beautiful human.

They are able to weave intricate webs in the blink of an eye. Females tend to be larger and depending on how civilized they are, will devour their mates. Strangely enough, a civilized Arachnid's eggs will not cause injury to the mother, whereas a Feral's eggs will always kill during birth much like an Anid's.

Arachnids are particularly powerful and excel in agility. Mercenary work as well as weaving tend to be positions they find themselves in if they are not busy tending to their families. Like Aqautids, they are quite obsessive of their lovers.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Unlike how they are depicted in traditional media, Orcs are an honourable race in spite of their tendency to raid villages. However, they never attack those that cannot fend for themselves, often choosing targets that are capable of retaliation. Orc tribes are inclined to help struggling villages and towns to thrive until they are ripe for battle, but usually never attack civil structures.

In the case of a full blown battle, Orcs excel in total devastation as their hoards are able to run down everything gin their path like a tidal wave. Their physical prowess is second to none and their choice of weapons range from anywhere between ten to fifty kilograms depending on their level, allowing them to quite literally delete a wall upon contact.

Due to their combat prowess they find themselves in Scarlet Logic's ranks, but rarely as Adventurers as they dislike being tied down to needles things like rules and conducts.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Whilst Demi-Humans are the product of Beastkin and Humans, Half-Breeds are the result of Humans and virtually every other race. And like the Demi-Humans, they are amongst the lowest common denominators and find themselves in less fortunate roles, usually as slaves, cannon fodder or other miserable places.

However, they make an overwhelming majority of Elysia's population as they can be impossible to differentiate between Demi-Humans and regular humans. Not all of them inherit the characteristics of their parents. Unfortunately, they also do not inherent racial traits and are as ordinary, if not worse off than an ordinary human.

Where they shine is in their work ethic as they make up a bulk of ImpulseWorks' Workers who happily offer their lives for the sake of satisfying the status quota.

Beneath it all Half-Breeds are not very different from the rest.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Do not be mistaken by the ears they possess, for they are horns made to mimic ears. Demon is a term often used to generalize all creatures originating from the western continent of Zelmori, where the likes of Vampires and Succubus thrive. Demons themselves have a black sclera and golden pupils, as well as a wealth of abnormal characteristics that makes no two Demons ever the same.

They have sharp teeth like the Angels and have the lowest population out of every race. To put that into perspective, there is around 100 humans for every 1 Demon. They are mistakenly blamed for the Corruption by the opposing humans, and they prey on those same humans to fuel their societies whether it be by devouring flesh, their mind, soul or sexual energy.

Demons as a result are sometimes considered as an apex race, although, this is highly debatable.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A blood-sucking race that prefers the taste of a sapient's blood rather than an animal or creature. The higher the level of an individual, the more refined the taste according to their palette. They are born with the insatiable drive to consume blood and rather than drinking milk from their mothers, they draw blood from their napes.

Vampires range from humble and docile to incredibly violent masterminds. The worst thrive off the chaotic lands of Emvita where they terrorise villages, and stalk the streets of major settlements every night to sate their hunger. Unlike Vampires in traditional, Earth media - they cannot create subordinates.

There is no such thing as a half vampire. Any crossbreeding will result in a full vampire, although that vampire in question may also possess the traits of their other parent. This is rare as Vampires are mostly compatible with humans and very rarely with other humanoid races.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A lust-driven race that feeds off the sexual energy of their prey. They possess horns and are capable of creating illusions to disguise themselves as virtually anything they wish. They are not as dangerous on the surface as Demons or Vampires, but they have been known to wipe out entire settlements in a single night, leaving the withering husks of every ounce of life behind.

Succubus may also invade dreams, or manipulate them at will.

The more civilized of Succubus run successful brothels and similar businesses in the infamous City of Hearts (or also known as the City of Lust), most predominantly in H9 where anyone's perverted dreams can come true thanks to their elusive powers.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Experts in craftsmanship, masonry and engineering. Their entire lives revolve around rocks, machines and their trusted blast furnaces deep within their mountain fortresses in the Dwarhelven Region. They are the only race to be highly associated with an Atelier, with 60% of all Dwarves being in some way connected to Caldera Industries.

Aside from their typical short, drunken and bearded appearance - the High-Dwarfs are extremely tall, 'royal' variants that make the majority of the decisions regarding their race and settlements. The most notable High Dwarf is Beholder Knalzark, the founder of Caldera Industries and the Gravity Engine.

They have racial magic that allows them to resist the immense heat of the furnaces and easily chip away at bedrock. There is also an instinctual affinity in their craft which does not become apparent until they pick up a hammer, pickaxe, or in the case of Caldera Industries, a gravity hammer.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Humanoid dragons. It is not known how they have come to be, but it is theorized that Dragons had undergone an unknown process that caused one of them to assume the form of a human with wings, scales and the full power of their previous body. They are an incredibly powerful race that gives the Demons a run for their money, possessing incredible resistance to the elements depending on their elemental affinity.

Their homeland is in the far northeastern Region of Drakos, with multiple clans found to the western deserts of Scaldak. Modern Dragonkins are almost always in venerated roles due to their immense power, but their overinflated pride is something that dissuades even Ateliers from integrating them into their ranks.

Caldera Industries/the Dwarfs and the Dragons/Dragonkin have a long, bloody history with echoes still felt to this day.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

An often overlooked race that functions as one part hive mind, and one part individual. The Mycelli are a fungal race ranging from humanoids with fungus-like characteristics (such as a mushroom for a head/hat), to complex ecosystems that extend for hundreds of kilometres.

They are a highly unpredictable race with a danger that rivals lesser Corrupted. Where there are fairy tales about the Mycelli depicting them as saviours for some, others depict them as vile, infectious diseases that control the minds of those they touch. Both are true, but none ever capture the true horror and mystery of the Mycelli.

Mycelli may also find themselves integrated in society but only under immense scrutiny, and after ensuring that they have been severed from the main hivemind/synapse of a greater colony. They are one of the few races that can exceed the non-Blessed level limit of 140.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Colloquially called 'Plant people', because that is what they pretty much are. They are living plants that assume a familiar, alluring form to sapient races to maximise interaction whether it be for luring prey, to spread their pollen, or simply to communicate. When it all boils down to things, Verdanians are not very different to regular people and are known to be protective or generally helpful to lost souls.

Even the most violent of Verdanian will act empathetic to prey depending on their circumstances, but of course, that does not necessarily mean they are kind and will usually strike a deal with the said person. Verdanians come in many different forms and species, with the most famous being the Dryads and Alarunes.

They are extremely close with Elves and are found mostly in the Spiritas Region, and rarely in the main continent. Coming across one is considered a good omen.

[collapse]

iilFkxx.pngrTAyV78.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The size of Elysia allows for the formation of numerous spheres of influence to take hold. Unfortunately, no matter how large the world is there is never enough room for them all. The power dynamics of Elysia vary greatly, but the general consensus is that those from the Nexus are considered at the top of the food chain (Ateliers), who are overseen by the Head (The Amalgam).

There are three major conflicts in Elysia.

Atelier vs Impuritas.

Associations vs Syndicates.

Kingdoms vs Kingdoms.

These, however, are all interchangeable depending on the political climate, but this is the general rule of thumb.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The head refers to any and all groups/organisations/personnel working under the direct command of the Amalgam as they are seen as an extension of her body.

This also includes the Amalgam herself. Personnel representing the Head carry the absolute authority of the Amalgam. A place beside the Amalgam is considered the most Exalted achievement in all of Elysia, for they carry the will of the Amalgam and have proven to be individuals capable of untold feats.

But before that, they are people that the Amalgam trusts with her life.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Precisely what the name suggests. These entities are beings that carry a fragment of Frost and are therefore a part of her in some, twisted way. It is unknown how many Alter Frosts there are. The Alter Frosts carry the Amalgam's extended authority but may only be used when given explicit permission. Because many cannot speak or tend to be violent, they lack the leadership skills to properly substitute the Head.

They are incredibly helpful regardless of this.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Little Frost is a Frost born from the manifested One Thousand Eyed Bird. She takes the form of a mute child with an exciting personality and communicates via emojis that appear over her head. Despite being mute, she has been recorded to have spoken according to Nav.

She is as mysterious as the other Alter Frosts and enjoys her time around others tremendously. She has a sweet tooth and adores her friend Snap with all her heart. She unfortunately has the lowest stats amongst the Alter Frosts.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A taller, maturer, and most importantly larger-breasted version of Frost that is fit in miltary garbs from the Old Elysia. The Hired Arm is a direct reference to Sinder's legacy as a member of the Bodies. As a result, she is tremendously skills with firearms and a whole range of weapons.

The Hired Arm is technically the most powerful Alter Frost due to her ability to use any of Frost's skills at the cost of coins rather than mana, and has a percentage of Frost's total stats. This means the Hired Arm grows stronger as Frost does. Under the true manifestation of the Greed Counter, the Hired Arm becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Unfortunately, she does not communicate much and has a stoic personality. Like the Little Frost, she is mute and usually salutes, nods or shakes her head. She can also communicate by throwing emojis over her head. She has been seen acting kind around Jury and Frost's companions. She strangely enjoys sticking around Anna and will often be seen with her. Another one of her abilities is to instantly change her outfit.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Previously a Corrupted and now a sapient Corrupted, Mimicry is an odd-case Corrupted that would have been eliminated were it not for the fact that it is an Alter Frost. Mimicry uncannily resembles Frost's face but does not possess the correct coloured hair or eyes. In fact, Mimicry is incapable of mimicking Frost's iconic golden eyes.

Mimicry's one true drive is to become like Frost at any cost, and to join her in the heights of the Nexus. However, due to its murderous past and absent moral compass, Mimicry must prove itself to be trustworthy before it is allowed anywhere near the Nexus. Despite this, Mimicry has some semblance of Frost's authority, as she intends to have a well-trained Mimicry substitute her in her absence.

Mimicry has a lot of work to do before it can achieve this.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Healers are humans with the abnormally rare Affinity for healing magic. Due to this Affinity they are able to healing wounds, cure diseases and prevent death. They cannot however bring back someone from the dead. Healers come in several flavours and they are universally known for their pale hair, blue eyes and endearing selflessness.

This however is to a fault and often leads them to tragic circumstances. This is why they are now governed directly under the Head.

A slight to a healer is now a slight to the Amalgam. To harm a healer is to invoke the wrath of the Amalgam. To declare war on the healers is to bring down the full might of the Nexus by the Amalgam.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Standard, regular healers who are entirely incapable of even conceiving of harming a fly. They are diligent humans with the extremely rare Affinity for healing magic. Unfortunately, due to their docile, innocent nature they are preyed upon by many and fetch a high price in black markets.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Healers that go against everything a healer stands for. They are vocal, loud, violent and will kill anything that crosses their path. They are employed directly by the Amalgam and are healers that have either lost their ability to heal, or have developed a taste for violence.

Visually, they have black strands amongst their pale hair. The more black strands there are, the more violent the healer tends to be.

The Black Wings are the Head's personal units that are rated to eliminate anything that isn't a Color or a Moon/Star. If a healer is needed in a particularly dangerous environment, then a team of Black Wings are bound to be deployed. They are also used to personally recover healers.

They wield cutting edge technology in the form black uniforms made from Act X's most finest cloth, and a firearm called the Talons which are capable of firing both healing bullets and Justica Arms' Crystal Bullets.

For some trivia, the name Black Wings is a reference to the Amalgam's second identity as the Black Dove, who is infamous for being a black-haired healer capable of violence. Just a reminder that nearly all healers have pale hair aside from the next one on the list.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A rare healer that is conceived of when a person gains their healing Affinity whilst they are injured, resulting in them to perpetually carry their wound for the rest of their life. It becomes an iconic part of them, and their names usually stem from that injury. Whether it be a hole in the heart, an arrow to the brain, or a shattered femur - they will never be able to heal it.

It is unknown what effect this has on the healer. Scarlet healers are therefore usually blood soaked. Their apparels normally start blue but becomes dyed red after years of exposure. Sometimes all it takes is a few days for the color to permanently change.

That being said, Scarlet Healers are the most proficient healers around and are only sent with the Condemned or to places where it is unlikely for them to survive, aside from the healers as they have an exceptionally high regeneration rate and are nigh immortal.

The problem? Scarlet Healers can overheal people and cause them to form extra mass that can eventually suffocate, crush or cause a person to violently explode. This is why they are heavily restricted and only used in high-risk situations.

They are abnormally eager to heal to the point where it can be compared to a sexual desire.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Healers that twist the meaning of healing. They are healers that offer those in need salvation in the form of a slow, agonizing death. They are the bearers of the elusive Serum S - Salvation; a liquid harvested from the Adam's Apple of an Angel. Once injected, a victim will bleed coagulated blood from every conceivable orifice as every blood vessel bursts like an overfilled balloon.

Wandering healers have long lost their ability to heal and are left to their murderous devices. Unfortunately, due to their wandering nature they are not within the Amalgam's jurisdiction. Despite this, they are still healers and they must be protected at all costs.

Currently, the Impuritas seem to be searching for them.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Res, the Eye of the Amalgam. She is literally an extension of the Amalgam's eye. Information is funnelled from her straight to the Head. Where the Amalgam cannot see then her Eye most certainly will.

The Eye of the Head specializes in long range electric beam attacks fired straight from her eyes. A pair of Atelier Items in the form of optical lenses are worn by Res at all times, allowing her to amplify her electric output significantly. She is the most levelheaded of the triplets and take rational steps rather than allowing instinct to drive her.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Cer, the Fang of the Amalgam. A wolf-woman with a bark and a bite to match. Her jaw hides an Atelier Item that amplifies her electrical powers, resulting in widespread devastation in the direction she happens to clamp her jaws in. Like the Eye, she is amongst the strongest and most trusted Moons having lived for 30 years in a profession where people normally die within their first two years.

She is erratic, eccentric and the wildcard. She carries the voice and the maw of the Amalgam wherever she walks, and she makes it known that no one comes anywhere close to her indomitable heights. Legend has it that a deaf man was able to hear her mouthing them off with vile slurs and taunts.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Ber, the Claw of the Amalgam. The most feared and powerful of the triplets. The Claw represents both the helping hand of the Amalgam and the hand that reaps. Having returned from being a Corrupted, Ber possesses the unique ability to manifest her Corrupted Persona - the Black Swan - to call upon unprecedented strength.

Under a complete manifestation Ber becomes nigh unstoppable, never mind when she becomes unstable. An area of 10km squared was once an electric wasteland where entire buildings were lifted from their foundations. Ber is the Amalgam's nuclear option outside of her personal visit. To be met with the Claw of the Amalgam is only one of two things: A curse, or a blessing. There can be no in between.

More often than not, the Claw is synonymous with total devastation and is deployed for the highest of threats that no Moon can feasibly face alone.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Moons and Stars of the Nexus carry the will of the Amalgam. Any attempts to impeed their mission will be seen as an act against the Amalgam. Moons mostly fall under Time Reverberation's jurisdiction, but they are still a part of the Head nonetheless.

Stars on the other hand are the Messengers of the Nexus, and they interpret Frost's will via the vibrations of the Nexus itself and act upon it accordingly.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Atelier of the Head. All personnel of Time Reverberation are considered a part of the Head and therefore possess the highest authority. Time Reverberation consists of only Moons and aspiring Moons. As a result, they are by far the strongest Atelier with the capabilities of auditing other Ateliers via time magic.

Beholder Jury is the leading figure of Time Reverberation.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Friends and companions of the Amalgam. These people are only known to a select few. While they do not carry nearly as much authority as other figures within the Head, they are highly respected and protected by the Amalgam and all relevant personnel.

[collapse]

Nexus Glossary
Nexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The Ateliers are organizations led directly by its founding Beholder. The affiliated Atelier therefor revolves solely around the principles, philosophies and the technology of the Beholder. Ateliers function independently from the Nexus. They can be seen as an extension of the Beholder themselves.

Nexus Glossary
Nexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The official Atelier of the Head, and the one that governs all others. Time Reverberation is the newcomer on the seat of titans and unfortunately have not yet properly established themselves. However, their intentions have been known and they will assume the auditing role regulate the Ateliers less they want more grievances against the Amalgam to pile on.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"We must be better."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A suspected fragment of a greater whole. The Heart of Time is a mysterious technology that was conceived of within the Eternal Library to conclude Jury's transition from an Aspiring Beholder into a Junior Beholder. Now Jury is a full fledged Beholder. The Heart of Time presented itself as a part of Jury's body rather than a technology on its own, making the first of its kind.

The Heart of Time allows for the manipulation of time; a power that Elysia once wielded in the far past. It is unknown if Elysia to this day still holds this power. The Heart of Time has paved way for the iconic Retrocausality - Smite; a powerful skill that summons a weapon from the future (past) to fire into the past (future).

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

To regulate, audit, and provide therapy to all Ateliers, their personnel and the public where applicable. The primary objective of Time Reverberation is to ensure that all Ateliers follow the Amalgam's strict guidelines. They are the inquisitory group that then relay information to Justica Arms for the verdict, and then to Oboros Infinitas for an appropriate punishment.

Nothing will go unearthed. Everything will be revealed. Time will only tell.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Planned to be used as a counter measure against the Corrupted using the Isolation Spheres. Proposed to use time magic to unravel the past and the trauma of personnel. Time Reverberation is first an investigative Atelier before it a combative. These are the general plans for Time Reverberation before the Atelier officially springs to life.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Moons

Aspiring Moons

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Nil. Auditor of all Ateliers. Does not explicitly rely on other tech, but is in a partnership with Justica Arms, Oboros Infinitas and the Golden Index.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The judiciary body of the Nexus. They are the ones who determine the innocent and the guilty. When lies become difficult to extract, they tear it straight from exposed ribs. Justica Arms is run by an Otherworlder (Earth) human named Galia and is one of the most hated and revered Ateliers of the Nexus.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"Justice Must Never Stray Behind Judgement."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The second technology fused with the Nexus (Dimensional Lock being the first), allowing for the Blessed to utilize the Hyperlink Relay Sites and Repositories built by Justica Arms. The Warped Stone serves as the core of Justica Arms, allowing them to create their crystal bullets and firearms that exploit the Warped Stone's teleportation powers.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Judgement and deliverance. Galia's philosophies stem from both her life on Earth and in Elysia prior to becoming a Beholder. Like Frost, she has seen her own fill of despair and wishes to make amends no matter the cost. Aside from this Galia's intentions are largely unknown, but the Arbiter seems to be aware of it.

Regardless, Justica Arms seeks to maintain peace wherever their Branches are located.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

They now serve as the judiciary body of the Nexus, and offer their aid near and far via the Peace Flock which are deployed from one of 12 (Currently 11) Branches. Each Branch specializes in a field (such as the 2nd Branch being combat focused, and the 6th being administrative).

Justica Arms specializes in teleportation technology and is responsible for creating and maintaining all relevant teleportation technologies. 12 Branches exist across Elysia, each manned by an Apostle of a certain color code, with the 1st wearing black, the 2nd grey, the 6th purple, and former 12th (Iscario) white.

They also manufacture weapons known as the Justica Arm. They appear as Victorian Era long-rifles and are embodied and decorated like ceremonial weapons. They do not have a barrel.

Crystals are also harvested from within the Nexus. Other forms of crystals, especially those used for bullets are mined by Caldera Industries.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Apostle

Sacral Personnel

Wayfarer

Justicers

Peace Flock Manager

Peace Flock Captain

Peace Flock Personnel

Public Defender

Deacon

Acolyte

Worshipper

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Mostly negative with most Ateliers, save for the Golden Index, Oboros Infinitas and Time Reverberation. Iscario, the betraying Star, was the Apostle of her 12th Branch which puts Galia under massive scrutiny. Additionally, Caldera Industries (Beholder Knalzark) has the most grievances against Justica Arms due to their past.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Act X previously held the title of the newest Atelier but has recently been dethroned by Time Reverberation. They are an enigmatic Atelier that worship the Scripts rather than strictly Beholder Marionette herself. As a result, Act X can seem fractured but rest assured, every action however insignificant it may be is all accounted for in their grand theatrical.

They revolve around Scripts, the strings, and the Fate Mechanism. They appear like a religious sect and bestow their entire faith onto the orders granted upon them via the Scripts. The Scripts guide those that are intertwined with the strings and gears of the Fate Mechanism with orders that can be accomplished in any way so long as it is done. Failure to do so will cause the individual to perish, whether it is due to their strings being severed, or, killed by the Act X for failure to comply.

Act X's philosophy revolves around the concept of purpose, and they give to the depraved and those that have lost meaning in their lives. An order is delivered by a Herald to these individuals as frequently as per day, once a month, to even once a year. The purpose of this is unknown, but they believe in it with absolution, whether it be a simple command of high fiving the first dog they see on the street, to marrying a wife and murdering them exactly 3 days later, with the stated preference of the wife being pregnant at the time, to even going as far as to take their own life.

The Script is absolute.

They specialize in creating articles made from the strings as well as certain string-like weapons, and even musical items.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"I can alleviate the burden of purpose for the living."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

It is unknown what Beholder Marionette's technology is, but it is what allows her to create the Quality X (10) strings which are near indestructible. Other strings can be created following a similar process.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

To enact the fated Tenth Act, hence the name of their Atelier - Act X. Everything they do is to progress towards the fated act which the Fate Mechanism desires. Whose desire this actually is remains unknown, but this is the primary goal of Act X, before they are an Atelier that removes the burden of purpose and choice from the living.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Act X create the Scripts and play a large courier role between the Ateliers. Their messages are able to predict the future which is usually payed via Nex or by perform specific actions. They are known to be an Atelier that go out of their way to protect the citizens of the City of Strings, but only if they follow the Scripts. Act X also manufacture many of the apparel found on Atelier personnel, but lately they have moved to simply producing strings and now leave the manufacturing to the Weavers; who likely originate from a Fallen Atelier.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Living Loom

Interpreter

Missionary

Indite

Snippy Snippy

Herald

Receptionist

Neophyte

Actors

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Has extremely strong ties with every Atelier due to their ability to make precise predictions. They are highly acquainted with Inflow Direct, as they rely on their predictions to prepare for Tribulations/Accidents/Emergencies in their Corrupted-infested Sites.

[collapse]

Nexus Glossary
Nexus-Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus GlossaryVGUpQc1.png

The betrayers of the Nexus with ties to the Impuritas and potentially Iscario. They cannot be trusted.

VGUpQc1.png

The old official military of the Nexus and a hired arms for the Ateliers.

They were always the first to receive a threat, and the last to leave. Their work used to consist of only conflict and bloodshed. Not many were expected to live within the Scarlet Logic. Their work and sacrifice allowed for the Nexus to gauge the official difficulty classification of certain threats before a proper group can be dispatched to deal with it.

Nowadays that is no longer required due to the Blessing of the Amalgam, which allows Aspiring Moons to accurately identify a Corrupted at a single glance.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"???"

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A powerful technology that allows those anchored to it via their souls to be reborn in a pool of blood (called the Nascent Pool). This is called a Replication Cycle, and after rebirth the person is pitted against another one of themselves to prove that they have grown stronger than their last iteration. As a result, Scarlet Logic's cruel and combat-focused ways are ingrained into the minds of their personnel, and true termination is fate worst than death where the person is thrown into a pit far beneath the world and left to endlessly rot and suffer every past death.

For this reason personnel that have accumulated many deaths are loyal only to Scarlet Logic, for they are governed by fear. Every replication also causes mutations to occur in the person, often resulting in permanent disfigurement. Personnel have also described being unable to tell who they really are as there may be multiple of themselves alive at once.

So long as the 'Anchor' is untouched, then Scarlet Logic Personnel can never die - Unless their souls are directly reaped, or via the maw of the Amalgam.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Unknown, but have sought to eliminate Beholder Carpalis. They likely seek to destabilize the Nexus as well.

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

There are a number of Scarlet Logic Nests/Hives found across Elysia, each governed by a Monarch that carries Marduk's will. Tens of thousands of Scarlet Logic Personnel reside within whether they like it or not. Living conditions are considered inhumane and fitting only for wartime Insectids. Regardless, they have been known to keep children within as well, adding them to their collection of disposable personnel or worse.

It is now believed that Scarlet Logic feeds the Impuritas immense amount of biomass thanks to their Replication technology, as seen with the Crimson Hunger's Heart of the City.

Their Nests/Hives have numerable spires and one central, colossal spire called the Central Apiary. Their Nascent Pools are usually located deep underneath the Central Apiary within the heart of the nest.

The affiliated Moons and Stars are known respectively as; Blood Moons and Red Giants.

They are divided into 5 distinct teams, and each team is coupled with a Captain and a Manager.

Midnight (Highest, consists solely of Blood Moons and Red Giants.)

Dusk

Noon

Dawn

Fodder

They have a series of people called the Collectors who collect slaves, survivors and others including those 'inoculated' by the Wandering Healers. They are then brought to the Nex Megalopolis to become integrated into an Atelier.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Monarch

Midnight Team

Dusk Team

Noon Team

Dawn Team

Fodder

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Nil. All bridges are burned.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

They are only known by the greater part of the world as the 'potion makers'. All healers of the world operate under the wing and protection. Infusion S is its most well known and currently only known Infusion, granting the ability to increase one's speed to inhuman levels at the cost of their most prized organ.

All potions are managed and created by Inflow Direct through unknown means. In addition to potions, which are available to the public, they create the Elixirs, Serums and Infusions.

All Wandering Healers operate under Inflow Direct and possess the power of the Serums; essentially liquid-magic.

Only 12 Wandering Healers exist.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"I am perpetual."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

It is what allows for the creation of the mana and HP potions, the Elixir and the Serums. The Infusions however are created by another Atelier's technology, taken from the now liquidated Midas Company. The basis of E.'s technology is the conversion of magic into a liquid, easy to use form. Even the plague-infested serfs would be a force to be reckoned with should they posses the Serums, let alone the Infusions.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

It is not exactly known what Inflow Direct aspires, aside from relative peace and the protection of its people and the healers. Beholder E. has shown interest in the augmentation of the body but for reasons yet to be mentioned. All in all, their motives align with the Amalgam's and are therefore held in a brighter light compared to the other Ateliers.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Inflow Direct is not known for much else beside their mass manufacturing of their liquid miracles and the protection of their healers; the latter of which they have failed. Their territory is characterized by industrial distillation towers, beautiful urban sprawl and structures that resemble the shape of a giant bird's nest. Inflow Direct may also use drafted citizens as batteries for Infusions in the event of an invasion, causing many to permanently lose their most prized organ.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Father

Mothers

Perched

Proselyte Technician

Fitters

Liquidators

Transporters

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Fairly good standing with many of the Ateliers. They are the largest importer of Liquid Nex from ImpulseWorks as it serves as a base for many of their Potions, Elixirs, Serums and Infusions.

The Amalgam also largely approves of their philosophies as it mirrors her own in some ways.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The Atelier whose product was responsible for Frost's initial downfall. They are an Atelier that produces and develops Atelier Items/Products capable of significantly altering the mind, whether it be to block out any stimuli that can induce trauma, or to spy on ever emotion and every thought of their personnel. CogitO is fuelled by the drive to understand the mind.

Their methods however is akin to squeezing blood from a stone.

While their headquarters and presences is the lowest of all Ateliers, their products more than makes up for it. Their personnel are designed to stay out of the public eye and conduct under the table deals. Their most notable personnel are the Repenters (shared by Oboros Infinitas), and the ominous Blue Moons.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"I am Descartes 3, the current Reality Principle."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

All that is known about their technology is that it can interact with the mind in numerous, egregious ways. It is also possible for their technology to create materials from mere thoughts; a machine appropriately named the Reality Manifester. Personnel can be made completely invisible by their technology, and are able to communicate over several kilometres away via artificial telepathy.

This is only scratching the surface of what their technology is capable of.

Other instances of their technologies are the Cognition Scramblers, Cognition Transmitters and the Cognition Receivers.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

CogitO strives to understand every aspect of the mind, to the point where their egotistical obsession had caused Beholder Descartes to fracture into 5 distinct personalities, each with their own interpretation of the mind. In short, each personality (the Big Five) follow a major school of psychology and manage different aspects of their Atelier.

Their motives are sincere and less convoluted than most, but the path to hell is paved by good intentions.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

What CogitO does is ill understood but their work is highly important. Their technology allows for certain individuals to hide their presence from others (the Cognition Filter) or creating [CENSORED] bars to eliminate potential cogniton/memetic hazards, all for the sake of preventing panic and/or mental breakdowns in people.

One of their major achievements is the creation of the Collection; a network of minds that preserves the experiences and knowledge of those connected to it. It is the equivalent of a mass storage device, where the brains are the hard drives. Somehow, the Nexus is able to tap into Collection through means still not yet understood.

Another major operation of their revolves around the use of Repenters; people who were Condemned to death but were given a chance of repentance - but at a price so high that none have ever come close to tasting the sweet nectar of freedom. Their lives are no longer theirs. Everything they experience and think is known to CogitO. Their thoughts are theirs no more, and this has been enough to drive many to madness.

It is also a means to detecting how close one is to a Corruption Event, which results in a prompt termination either by their own personnel, or through the Eclipses - ImpulseWorks' assassin Moons.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Blue Moon

???

Harrowers

Repenters

???

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Required by nearly all Ateliers. Descartes has shown much displeasure with Frost due to her accusing them of atrocities. Nevertheless, they are an Atelier important in the communications department and are a major driving force in the restoration of the Nex Megalopolis.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus-Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

ImpulseWorks operates in utter secrecy due to the nature of their work which has them meddling with the Corrupted in facilities known as Sites. Exactly 26 Sites are located around Elysia, with more than 8 having been destroyed by a Zeroed Horizon Event. ImpulseWorks is one of, if not the most important Atelier solely due to the sheer amount of Nex they are able to supply.

Dare one imagine a world where ImpulseWorks didn't exist.

ImpulseWorks Sites are one of several secrets that will never reach the light of day. The true nature of their work is known only to a select few. Not even the Moons are aware of what takes place deep underneath the recesses of the world.

ImpulseWorks is the head cause of numerous incident, including the rise of the seemingly harmless M-A-081-05: the Little Red Heart, which gained the name of Big Red Heart after a certain incident that involved a human Leitmotif answering the call of the beating heart, resulting in the destruction of H6.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"Temper Aspirations."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

It is entirely unknown, with the only clues being that it can interact with the desires and aspirations of the heart, allowing Retrofitters to create blueprints and Artificers to build unique, personalized items for the individual. This is otherwise impossible. This can be done for people or the Corrupted.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

To understand and harvest the Corrupted, but deep down the true purpose of ImpulseWorks is to temper the aspirations of their workers. This leads to a phenomenon referred to as a 'Corruption but without the Corruption'.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Each Site is firstly categorised by the nature of the Site, then by a letter of the English alphabet, and finally by a number pertaining to the Risk Level.

For example: F-H5 is Facility H-Level 5.

Sites are categorized as:

O=Obliteration (Zeroed Horizon)

B=Battle (Training Sites, particularly for Eclipses)

A=Accumulation (Corrupted storage before they receive their classification)

F=Facility (Where unclassified Corrupted are sent to gain a classification and to determine whether they are worth keeping)

G=General (Contains everything. Most difficult Sites to manage. Must not reach a certain Risk Level or it will be marked for termination)

K=Killzone (Where Corrupted are terminated. Sites classed as K are marked for imminent termination at the hands of all relevant forces, including other Ateliers)

M=Manufactory (Where Atelier Items are made and where Impulse Artificers reside)

For numbers, 7 will always be considered the lowest level, and 1 will be the highest. Reaching 0 will cause the Site to innate an automatic self-destruct sequence. No one will survive.

When dealing with the Corrupted, their risk ranges from:

O=Highest, B, A, F, G, K to M=Lowest.

The ARU operates in the same way and operate only when recovering the suppressed body of a Corrupted, or their carcass. They are the cleanup crew in the aftermath and are known to administer amnesics to the local population or witnesses. This is a contributing factor to why people believe the Corrupted are extremely rare creatures.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Hierarchy operates from Personnel Level 1 (Highest), which are Overseers and Navigators, to level 7 (Lowest), which are Impulse Defenders and certain Employees. Level 0 Personnel are of the most secretive and highest order.

 

Beholder

T-4 Artificer

Site Overseer/Overseer

Navigator

Impulse Artificer

Retrofitter

Eclipse

Worker

Anomaly Recovery Unit (ARU) - Types O, B, A, F, G, K and M

Employee

Impulse Defender

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

When one mentions the interrelationships of the Ateliers, one will immediately look to ImpulseWorks. They supply every Atelier with custom-fit and ordered Atelier Items created from stored Corrupted, as well as generate Nex to repay their debts.

 

Scarlet Logic: Exchanges promising talent for Code Red Protocol aid on demand.

Golden Index: Carpalis is a close friend of Kissira, an Impulse Artificer.

Act X: Heavily reliant for their daily predictions to circumvent disastrous breakouts and to prepare for upcoming event. In exchange, they must complete daily tasks/commands given by Act X.

Inflow Direct: Relies on healers for... healing, and a stockpile of unique Elixirs made for ImpulseWorks specifically.

Caldera Industries: Relies on a machine that acts as the Site/Facility's heart. Allows for elevator operations and other useful mechanisms, such as automated doors.

Cogito: Relies heavily on their technology for remote communication and Cognition Filters to preserve the sanity of the Overseer and Navigator, as well as certain Workers.

Justica Arms: Relies on Hyperlinks for fast-acting reinforcements and transfers. Currently unavailable.

Chained Theocracy: Relies on their technology (the chains) to maintain the integrity of the Site and Caldera Industries' supplied Core, and allows for expansion when necessary.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

One of the more older Ateliers. They were around during the inception of the legendary War in Heaven, and they are the reason why the Nexus floats several kilometers above Atlas. It is an Atelier consisting of mostly Dwarves. You will never find a Dwarf that hasn't at least heard of Caldera Industries, for they largely govern their homeland - the Region of Dwarhelven.

Caldera Industries is the largest manufacturing Atelier. Rather than specializing in weapons or tools like most, they are the ones who create greater than life structures, some so large that it breaks the laws of physics.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"Endorse Attachment."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A technology that grossly perverts the laws of physics. The Gravity Engine enables the complete dominion over gravity itself, allowing for megastructures to be built in a fraction of the time compared to Earth, for there is no longer a need for the laborious task of proper engineering.

Foundations? What are those? Maximum load? The Gravity Engine says that you're overthinking it.

A side effect of the Gravity Engine - or rather its products/Aspects - is the Spatial Distortions, which causes reality to bend with those unlucky enough to be caught in its storm being sent straight into the dreaded Derma Layer.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Their motives are quite simple: to remove all buried impurities from Elysia's lands (Genesis Stones, byproducts of technology such as radioactive material/anti-healing materials, etc); locate the Advent of Attachment and finally; to find and destroy Infecta Rot - an Impuritas Group which Knalzark hold a personal vendetta against.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

They specialize in construction of machinery, landscaping or machinery such as their Express Network trains. Their technology allows for the complete manipulation of gravity, and is the reason why the Nexus is able to float. Their technology also possesses an unwanted phenomenon known as a Spatial Distortion, which is capable of altering space within its jurisdiction.

And in very rare cases, entire trains and those in its surroundings can disappear.

Two of their known greatest achievements is the creation of the Site Cores, as well as the Root-Pillar Complex, a several hundred to thousands of meters complex made of colossal pillars that hold up the entirety of the Nex Megalopolis, particularly the J, Q and K Sectors of each city.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

???

Architect

Regional Manager

Operation Conductor

Protectorate

Foot Soldier

Constructor

Surveyor

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Gets along well with most Ateliers, but utterly despises Justica Arms. Their history goes back over a century. As legend has it, Galia once brought Caldera Industries to its knees. The legitimacy of these claims is undetermined, however, judging by Knalzark's disdain - it may be true after all.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

A surprisingly friendly Atelier in a dog-eat-dog world. The Golden Index serves to preserve as many innocent lives as possible and sends magical tickets across Elysia to invite the most unfortunate to enter their warm walls. This however comes at the price of selling a piece of their souls to the Atelier.

Their headquarters is located in what is largely considered as the first city - the City of Diamonds where the rich thrive and where gold flourishes. Due to their philosophies and work ethic they are seen as allies by the Amalgam.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

 

"Someone's heaven must never be the source of another's torment."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Faustian Bargain itself is a technology found psychically attached to Carpalis' waist in the form of a giant, metallic, golden hand. It allows for the mysterious creation of the Golden Tickets which allows access into the City of Diamonds, but at the price of having a piece or one's entire soul taken by her.

Trivia: The Faustian Bargain is a direct reference to the story of Dr. Faust, and is translated to the deal with the devil. It is also the exact story that allowed her to receive this technology in the Eternal Library.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Their motives are clear cut and without malevolence. The Golden Index serves as a public institution that facilitates dealings between multiple high-levelled parties as well as the general public. They created the Guilds to allow Adventurers to thrive and reward those that lend their powers to help those in need.

All Adventurers associated with the Guild operate under specific rules and conducts that dissuades them from stepping out of line. Those that do are either branded as wanted criminals, fined heavily, or usually become part of a Syndicate.

All in all, the Golden Index seeks to help far more than it asks.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Golden Index operates in a mafia-esque manner, having Beholder Carpalis as the head boss with under bosses operating her subsidiaries. Her right-hand man is Magus, the Magician and equally known as the Archetype of Hope. Therefore, Beholder Carpalis can be seen as the Beholder of Hope, or someone who in some way upholds it.

The Golden Index consists of 5 other subsidiaries working underneath it.

The Golden Thumb: Responsible for managing the guilds, currency, the entire market and trade within the entirety of the Nex Megalopolis.

The Golden Index: Responsible for compiling all transactions, individuals, deals and the like with perfect intricacy. If one has traded at least one coin in their life, then they are in that index somewhere.

The Golden Middle: Essentially the bodyguards/soldiers/paramilitary of the Golden Index.

The Golden Ring: They are manage all deals between major bodies, companies and territories, making them entirely binding and punishable.

The Golden Pinky: Facilitates interpersonal deals. Unlike the Golden Ring's deals, these ones can be seen as promises, and when broken, the said person disappears without a trace.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Archetype of Hope/Consigliere

Underboss

Captains

Soldiers

City Defenders

Associates

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Incredibly close with multiple Ateliers, and only hated by Scarlet Logic due to Beholder Carpalis' ability to untether their personnel at will. They are also highly advocated by the Amalgam and are seen as friends with the Amalgam. Therefore, wronging the Golden Index would be to also wrong the Amalgam.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus-Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

An ancient Atelier with origins as far back as the inception of the first Stars. The Chained Theocracy is characterized by their depressive nihilism where they seek to accept the world for what it is rather than to fight against the natural order of things. This extends to themselves and is largely reflected by the Demonic culture in the Zelmori continent.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"The chains that bind us are also the ones that protect us."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

One of the very first technologies to have ever been created and now it resides within the heart of the Middle Sanctums of the Nexus. The Dimensional Lock allows those the Nexus blesses to store and retrieve items from within the dreaded Subcut Layer. The tech interacts with the layer by creating openings as well as locks to the Subcut.

The most common product produced by the Dimensional Lock are their chains which are known to be nigh indestructible.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Their motives are unknown, let alone the reason they actually exist in the first place. What is known however is that they seek to spread the philosophy of total nihilism but not in the malevolent way, but rather of acceptance. They believe that through this the burden and pain of life can be alleviated as there is nothing one can do to stop it inevitable chain of events.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

They are involved in a number of secretive endeavours that may never see the light of day. This includes the war waged between the Demons and the Humans where captured humans serve as sustenance for the Demons; and their involvement in the creation and containment of the Site Cores. Their knowledge is vast, but reaching them is hard even for the Amalgam due how distant their head quarters is, nevermind how dug in their personnel are.

Their members are very rarely seen, if at all.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Beholder

Iron Stars

???

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Their relationship with others is entirely unknown, but they are given respect for being amongst the oldest of them all. They are under scrutiny by the Amalgam due to their secretive nature, as well as the fact that their philosophies deeply contrast one another.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Ancient does not begin to describe them. Oboros Infinitas has existed for as long as perhaps the world itself, though its name was coined much later down the line. Seven beings originating from the old world govern the Atelier and are called the Seven Primordial Demons, each charactized by one of the seven sins. Without Oboros Infinitas the Ateliers would fall into total chaos, for they supply a vast quantity of Nex, rivalling that of ImpulseWorks.

They are the punishing body, and not even Beholders are beyond their reach.

Oboros Infinitas does not exist in the eyes of the masses. Even Moons were not aware of their existence until recently.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

"Infinite Burdens."

 

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The basis, name and truth surrounding their tech is still unknown aside from its ability to accumulate Nex from the environment similar to how Advents and the Amalgam is able to. This tech may not even be one in the traditional sense, as it may have been brought over from the old world.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Entirely unknown. But they obsess over the concept of lament and aspire to bring those guilty to a punishment far, far worse than death.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Harbours the worst criminals including Stars, Moons and even Beholders according to Poena, the Scarlet Healer, and condemns them to the Subcut Layer where they are forced to undergo Corruption for the sake of generating Nex. These people are called the Condemend and are fated to transform into rotting perverted forms of themselves.

Repenters on the other hand strive to repent as their name suggest. Their lives are no longer theirs for they are effectively slaves to Oboros Infinitas, with their thoughts and emotions constantly being analysed for proof of their repentance - or simply to pinpoint their inveitable Corruption.

No Repenter has ever successfully repented, and Oboros Infinitas would rather keep it that way. After all, the longer they persist, the more Nex they can harvest.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Lucifinia | Primordial Demon of Pride

Remaining Six Primordial Demons

???

Harrowers

Repenters

Condemned

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The executioner of the Nexus. They are relied on by every Atelier, and are partnered closely with Justica Arms (who hands them the guilty to punish) and Time Reverberation (who hands people to Justica Arms to judge).

[collapse]
[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

It is unclear how long the Impuritas have existed for, but it rumoured that they arrived shortly after the emergence of the Ateliers. Whether they are a reflection of them or something more sinister is yet to be realized. However, their intentions are as impure as their names.

The Exalted of the Nexus, however, are made up the Impuritas. It is likely that they have actually been around for much longer than the Ateliers as individuals can become them, which has finally been confirmed. Ascending or descending through the Well/Subderma Layer induces this as well.

An alternative and far more aggravating method of becoming an Impuritas is through the influence of a Heart. Whether it's the destruction of the Nexus, the elimination of Frost, or to achieve their one true wish of becoming their true selves (Corrupted), they must be stopped at all costs.

The Impuritas are defined as an incomplete or perverse reflection of their true selves. How they truly form is unknown, but they carry mysterious magic and are usually a sadistic, twisted version of the Ateliers they take after, or the affinity relating to an Atelier.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Hearts are the source of the larger, malignant Impuritas Groups, able to transform the living into one of themselves as well as the world around them. They are functionally similar to a Corrupted Zone or in some ways a Genesis Stone. The truth behind the Hearts is mostly unknown, but it is theorized that the Hearts are formed by the concentrated emotions that seep so deep underground that they take form.

Hearts come in many flavours, but all are equally as diabolical as the next and last.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The most common and lowest tier of Hearts. Dungeons take the form of structures resembling whatever their Impuritas Group takes after. For example, the Crimson Hunger (flesh) will assume a more biological form, whereas the Blood Festival will take the form of a giant circus tent/carnival.

Nevertheless, the Heart found within the centre of the Dungeon is mostly the same across all groups; a biological mass that yearns to become complete.

Dungeons pose a great threat to Elysia, as they can emerge at seemingly random and swallow everything in their surroundings. They vary between Trickle all the way up to Monsoon, although the later is very, very rare and usually reserved for the later stages of the Hearts.

Adventurers frequently challenge these Dungeons as they appear and are rewarded handsomely by the Guilds.

Dungeons need to be eradicated within a few days to a few weeks; usually a week at most before it evolves.

This is largely dependent of the amount of material is has managed to harvest. The more it devours, the sooner it transforms into a far more sinister stage.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Dungeon has taken root and now threatens to spread itself thinly across wherever it sprouted into. This marks the teritorial stage of the Heart as well as new defences that will protect it at all costs. Additionally, stronger entities are born from the Heart as it attempts to cling onto the new territory it has gained, all the while preparing for its next evolution.

A Heart in this stage has a few days at most to transform, and it is considered imperative that the Heart is eliminated before it reaches its third stage.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The Heart enters a proliferate stage that sees its aggressively attempt to expand its reach, resulting in widespread devastation. Cities caught within are bound to fall unless they are prepared for the monstrosities that are born from these Hearts. Plague Hearts require an incredible amount of biomass before they can evolve into their next stage, although this has never been sighted before as Plague Hearts tend to sink back into the ground, likely to the Derma Layer, when the harvest is over.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Hearts that are functionally settlements or minor slices of civilization. These Hearts have cultivated an ecosystem or society that thrives mostly within the Derma Layer with numbers so high that it is considered impossible to completely uproot the Impuritas from the world. These Complexes are the source of Brandar's nightly Impuritas raids that sees monsters pour into its lands, completely covering it with millions, perhaps billions of creatures.

They are the reason why the hundred meter walls of the Nex Megalopolis exist.

Complex Hearts are dangerous and sport unique effects that are akin to a Corrupted Zone. Anomalous effects are common and are to the determent of those that trespass.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The highest form a Heart has known to take. The Heart of the City is the physical, collective heart of innumerable and boasts stats higher than even Eternal Night Corrupted. Hearts of this power would require the full effort of an Atelier to completely eliminate, and even then it would be a struggle. Their reach spans the entirety of the city they infest, and usually take the form of whatever woes spill through the drains from above, creating this monstrosity.

The first and only Heart of the City found and destroyed was located within the City of Spades; inside of the walls of the Nex Megalopolis of all places... never mind within the heart of an Atelier.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

It is not currently known if the Heart of the City is the final stage of the Hearts.

We can only hope that it is.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The main villains of Elysia, held down to no oath or honour even amongst themselves. They are entities born from the most vile of hearts, encapsulating a polarising concept to at least one Atelier. They can therefore be seen as the enemies of the Ateliers, and the greater part of the world. They are ruthless and assimilate all, aspiring for their one true with - to become complete via Corruption.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - The Nexus

Affinity - Judgement

 

Not an Impuritas, but functionally the head of them. Iscario - otherwise known as the Brightest Star amongst the Impuritas - is the one who brought them together when they were at odds even with each other. Once a Star and now a traitor, Iscario's motive is not well understood, aside from his hatred for the Archetypes/Nexus who he views as responsible for his sister's death.

He was the one that turned the wheels of what is now a machine of madness. Were it not for his betrayal against Frost, then it is likely that never would have ascended to where she is now.

It is a silver lining - however twisted it may be.

That being said, Iscario is undoubtedly intertwined with the Book of the Price of Paradise; the book that will inevitably Awaken the Floor of Judgement and the Arbiter.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - Act X

Affinity - Purpose

 

A malicious Impuritas Group at odds with Act X, for they both compete for the control over the Fate Mechanism (Advent of Purpose). They are characterized by their gear-esque organs and mechanical bodies that move like clockwork, usually caked with layers of blood. They lack any sense of self-preservation, and convert victims into one of them via transforming their flesh into mechanical cogs. The stronger or more value one possesses, the larger role they will play in the machine that is the Sect of Gears.

They are called the 'Gears' by the greater part of the world and are generally seen as one of the harder ones to fight, for their construct is resilient in nature.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - The Nexus

Affinity - Wrath

 

The most physically terrifying of them all. The Crimson Hunger - known as the Hungry - are a flesh-devouring and assimilating race that pervert the flesh into whatever distorted, mangled forms they desire. They deconstruct the body, the mind and soul through pure agony, fusing their victims together into walls and constructs of flesh that can never scream, for they have no mouth. The surfaces of the flesh they create are known to house many unblinking eyes belonging to assimilated victims.

Their appetite is insatiable, for they yearn to become complete - to become something other than the twisted strings of accumulated flesh they call their own.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - Inflow Direct

Affinity - Civilization

 

Little is known about them. But like the Sect of Gears, they have the ability to interact with the Eternal Library in some capacity; conducting raids and invasions to harvest knowledge like rabid bees to the sweet nectar of a flower. They have the unique ability to transform the traits, memories, experiences and magic of people into a paper form akin to Inflow Direct's tech. It is unknown how closely related they are, but nevertheless, they are both equally at odds as a result.

They are led by the Authors of Existentia - beings that aspire to create masterpieces out of the pages of countless harvested bodies.

The greater part of the world refers to them as the 'Pages', and coming into contact with one will cause one to receive the 'Paged' curse/negative condition, which causes part of a person to become converted into a page, other times a chapter, and in rare instances - a complete book.

Their ambitions are not well understood, but they utterly despise the Amalgam.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - CogitO

Affinity - Ego

 

Nothing is known about them other than that they are beings that attack the mind, appearing as nightmarish entities.

CogitO are their direct opposition.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - ImpulseWorks

Affinity - Desire

 

The 'Hearts' that aspire than burrow into the chests of the living, bringing forth their twisted desires to light. The largest collective of these beings is called the Maestros of Flesh. They are musicians inspired by the late Green Composer; a legendary Incandescent Color that revolutionised the magic of music in the City of Hearts. However, they have been inspired to a wicked degree, harbouring an illness that causes them to aspire for nothing than to become a 'Star'.

By 'Star', they truly mean recognition. Gratefulness. Attention. They yearn to be seen by all for they are individuals rejected, and now aspire to create the perfect symphony using the flesh of the living, for they see it as the greatest way to convey music to the soul.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - Caldera Industries

Affinity - Attachment

 

Not much is known about them other than that they are the reason why Knalzark became a Beholder. They seek for the Advent of Attachment and the Advent of Wrath - two Advents that Caldera Industries also seeks to keep it away from them at all costs. Additionally, they are known to also scour Elysia for the Genesis Stones, which is yet another one of Caldera Industries' missions.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - Golden Index

Affinity - Hope

 

An Impuritas Group that are decorated with as much gold as the organs they steal from their victims. Called the 'Animals', beings from the Blood Festival take the form of disembowelled animals, created by a mash of organs and limbs of multiple creatures, barely resembling the creature they yearn to take after. The higher one is in the hierarchy, the more 'complete' they appear and yet, they yearn to become more than that for they don't see themselves as such.

The Blood Festival have living objects, rides and theme park-eqsue attractions that viciously prey on poor victims, usually resulting in them losing an organ or something precious to them. The lowest form of the Blood Festival are literal bags of skin (resembling an animal of any kind) that wrap their victims up like body bags and slowly begins to rob their organs and skeleton, leaving behind a still-breathing victim, who has now become the bag of flesh.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - Chained Theocracy

Affinity - Despair

 

Beings that fear the cold embrace of death, yet ironically clad themselves in icy steel to preserve themselves from the fate of death. Memento Mori have the unique ability to raise the dead and cause people to temporary reunite with long lost loved one. They go directly against the Chained Theocracy's philosophy of accepting death and life for what it is, including the inevitability of loss.

Unlike the other Impuritas Group they seem to recognise that openly antagonising the Amalgam is a tragic idea.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Opposition - Oboros Infinitas

Affinity - Lament

 

NIL.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

While Impuritas Groups are known to be malicious in nature, there are still beings that express an innermost desire. Those with far purer ambitions tend to form Impuritas Groups that tend to tread on the side of good. These beings are and few in between but they are ones that are welcomed by the Amalgam.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The only known good Impuritas Group. They are an offshoot from the Hearts/Maestros of Flesh with the similar ambition of being acknowledged by others but in a far more purer way. They are painters and use magic to compose beautiful paintings, which were once used to convey what a star would feel like to the children of the Derma Layer, and the blind Stella. They helped those children reach the star they so desperately aspired to become, sobering Stella which saved her from becoming a Corrupted later on.

They now serve in the ranks of the Golden Index.

[collapse]
[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Nil.

 

No one knows who or what they are, aside that they are tied to Elysia. There is a belief that the Aberrations are of Elysia. The truth however is yet to be determined, as well as their true nature. They have no allegiance and are known to despise the Impuritas. So far they have good standing with Frost, although this is based off a single encounter.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary 2

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Adventurers come in all shapes and sizes, from those looking for solo work or opting to join a party, or even an organization of like-minded individuals. Work ranges from simple gathering, helping in activities of daily living, to transportation, and large-scale subjugation/operations.

All Adventurers are governed by the Guilds; a regulatory body that mediates between clients/requests/quests and people looking to fulfil them (Adventurers). There is no such thing as an Adventurer unaffiliated with the Guilds, and they are obligated to obey a specific code of conduct and decree when working as an Adventurer no matter where they are. Otherwise, they are susceptible to an appropriate punished. There are, however, exceptions depending on the presented circumstances.

There is at least one Guild located in each major settlement across Elysia.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

They are ranked by their Adventurer Rank which may or may not match with their Soul Rank, as some may be far more proficient or powerful than their Soul Rank may suggest. This dictates what requests they can take on and are discouraged from taking them on. However, it is ultimately their choice and up to the discretion of the Guild Receptionists.

This is a blanket term for all those associated with the Guild. Those that aren't may be called Travellers, or Mercenaries. One MUST join the Guild otherwise they are considered suspicious or worse, a part of a Syndicate.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A collection of Adventurers (usually between 2-5, but can go as far as a dozen or more) that embark on the same mission. Roles may differ but the end goal will be the same across the board. Parties can be recognized or unrecognized/temporary teams. It is highly advised that all Adventurers work within a Party and solo Adventuring is discouraged unless the individual is ranked Gold or higher.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

High difficulty quests revolving around a single goal (usually combat/defence/attack) required what is called a Raid Party. It is made up of 20 or more individuals and are not usually split up into smaller segments. Instead, they attack as one giant group against high-risk threats.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

A team consisting of multiple Raid Parties, numbering in the high 40's to a hundred. There is always one leader in each squad/party that communicates and works in conjunction with the main, leading party. They must work like a well-oiled machine against significant threats and are commonly required against monsters and Corrupted.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

When a Guild or its location is threatened with total destruction, then a Guild may declare its own form of Martial Law that will call upon ALL nearby Adventurers to come to its aid. When the onsite Augurist of Justica Arms plays their dreaded trumpet, then all Adventurers must be ready to act for the interest of the Guild, the location and themselves. But it is ultimately up to the Guild itself and the consensus of the Adventurers on what to do, rather than regular people for it is they who will be putting their lives on the line.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Offshoots from larger Bureaus, Offices, Firms or other official Adventurer Organizations. They have an established base outside of the reach of their Head Quarters, but maintain constant communication. They typically take on local quests and specialist requests unique to their organization, but far less difficult than what the Head Quarters would deal with.

Their numbers usually fluctuate between 100 - 500. Some sit far higher depending on how large the organization is.

This is the bare minimum required to get into the Guild's direct requests which is a pool that all organizations pick from before they are publicly made, and may be referred to by the Guild for special requests, which is then given out by Justica Arms who oversees them all.

They are also far more scrutinized for their conduct is now measured by Justica Arms directly.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

Official bodies recognized by the Guild that can personally take on requests. They are guilds within the Guild, bringing like-minded members together. They are paid well, and boast power and prestige. However, some view joining such organizations as going against the spirit of Adventuring, but others beg the differ and claim that it is what separates the unwashed masses from upstanding individuals.

They typically number in the high hundreds to thousands.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary

The largest of them all, with only 13 confirmed to exist, harbouring multiple Branches across Elysia. They are the big dogs of Organizations that aren't Ateliers and fulfil unique requests according to their creed, code and philosophies. All members are talent, powerful individuals that are recruited in the wild, or directly from academies found in the Nex Megalopolis and afar.

They constantly work within the guidelines and jurisdiction of Justica Arms, making them by far the most trustworthy organizations. All requests are filtered through the Associations before they are made public, allowing them to choose highly lucrative and equally as dangerous quests.

Their Head Quarters usually reside near a Justica Arm Branch, or are located in places that matter the most to them. They operate like a family as much as they are an organization, and they are the polar opposites to the Syndicates.

[collapse]

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary 2

The antithesis of the Associations and all respectable Adventuring groups. They are criminal organizations recognized by the Guild. They range from a rag-tag band of bandits seeking coin, to fully fledged organizations with philosophies of their own. As a result, their numbers range anywhere between a few dozen to a few thousand.

The largest Syndicate groups are collectively called the Thirteen; which is a homage to the 13th Order that once ruled Grandis. They are at direct odds with the 13 Associations, and it is speculated that these 13 Syndicates are or have been influenced by a house from the 13th Order.

The most notable of them all is the now defunct Solemn Paw, leaving only 12 remaining. Solemn Paw was a Demi-Human-run Syndicate that robbed their human victims of their hands and fingers all for the sake of fulfilling the wishes of others, and their own.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary 2

Ateliers where their Beholders have been removed for good, usually via Liquidation (their technology removed and claimed by another Atelier, but not always). Remnants of the Atelier will always be present as it is nearly impossible to totally annihilate them off the face of Elysia. However, the power vacuum destroys any and all internal order, resulting in total chaos.

Sometimes, these remnants exist in their own slice of paradise unbeknownst to the Ateliers. But it will never change that they have lost their Beholder and will forever remain as a shadow of their former selves.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary 2

Some Fallen Ateliers will become such organizations. One of which are the Weavers of a previously destroyed Atelier, who possess the ability to weave cloth and are used to create the Receptionist suits, among many other articles. Most of these organizations are in some way affiliated or dabble with Ateliers, Impuritas, Associations or Syndicates.

They are rarely aligned with any of them, however.

Nexus GlossaryNexus Glossary 2

Elysia is home to many Kingdoms, Empires and civilizations across its land, sea and skies. They are, however, nothing compared to the Ateliers that reign supreme. Their rule and power is immense, easily able to sway Adventurers away from the Guild with lucrative offers. However, lesser Kingdoms are comparable at best to an Association, and at worse, are controlled by a Syndicate.

[collapse]

gaLHOLA.pngetJWx3N.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

The Arbiter's Trumpet is a warning system that classifies the threat level of all creatures, including animals, monsters, Corrupted, people, events and disasters. It was founded by the Archetype of Judgement after the megacity Paradise fell to the pale, dozen-winged entity.

It is said that the number of times the trumpet sounds determines the difficulty.

But if one should find themselves unable to hear the trumpet at all, then they must abandon all hope.

The following list displays the order from the highest classification to the lowest.

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"The Icon of Judgement."

 

The 7th and final classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet, named directly after the loss of Paradise. No Beholder, Exalted, Star or Moon are capable of fighting creatures of this calibre. In the 150 years that the Nexus had stood to defend the world from the Corrupted, the loss of Paradise was the first time they had ever failed.

The death count was more than a million when Paradise fell, and that was only in a single night.

The adage was therefore born:

 

"Abandon all hope those who enter.

Forfeit the aspirations of life for those that remain.

And be damned to those that wish to flee."

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"Sinder, the Crowned."

 

The 6th classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet. Apocalypse-levelled events are considered catastrophic, but not unrecoverable. They require the almighty Beholders and all available resources from the Nexus. More often than not however, the responsibility falls solely upon the shoulders on the Beholders.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"Heart of Ours."

 

The 5th classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet. It is expected of the Stars, Exalted and Moons to quell these threats without the aid of a Beholder, but require immense coordination with the Ateliers of the Nexus. Large-scale destruction is expected from entities of this risk classification. Kingdoms will fall, and cities will crumble under their might.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"One Thousand Eyed Bird."

 

The 4th classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet. These threats are known to wreck havoc upon the lands they tread, and are the among the most powerful entities that normal people without the Blessing of the Nexus will ever face. There are only a select handful of these people capable of facing entities of this risk classification.

A Moon, Star or Exalted are expected to be able to deal with these threats alone or in small groups.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"Listening Bird, and Its Screaming Galleries."

 

The 3rd classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet. This is the last classification that is shared directly with the Guilds/Adventurers Guilds in all of Elysia. It consists of the most difficult quests, monsters and Corrupted. It is also the last difficulty classification that is used by the Nexus for raids, events and missions that are granted to the Blessed. Creatures of this difficulty are easily capable of levelling undefended cities, but the Moons, Stars and Exalted and certain powerful individuals should have no trouble in dealing with these entities alone.

Very few dungeons find themselves in this category. It is assumed to be the peak difficulty of a dungeon.

Entities of this classification are not seen as a threat by the Nexus.

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"Ber, the Unloved Duckling."

 

The 2nd classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet. This is another classification that is shared directly with the Guilds/Adventurers Guilds in all of Elysia. It consists of high-risk quests and monsters capable of ravaging towns. Most high-ranked dungeons find themselves in this category. An overwhelming number of Corrupted are found in this category.

Overall, they are not seen as a threat by the Nexus.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

"We Discarded Many."

 

The 1st classification of the Arbiter's Trumpet. Entities of this category are insignificant and mostly consist of low to mid ranking quests. These make up the overwhelming majority of quests given by the Adventurer's Guilds of Elysia. Insignificant threat overall.

[collapse]

I2kgvHM.pngNmB2jVo.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

A new method of both identifying and categorizing the Corrupted beyond the Arbiter's Trumpet: Risk Classification System. The Amalgam's Eye works in two ways: the first is direct confirmation using individuals personally blessed by the Amalgam herself, or/and by a series of deductions that help identify the Origins, Affinity, and even the flavour text of a Corrupted.

This is combined with the standard identification method that ImpulseWorks employs, allowing Corrupted to be more accurately documented and significantly reducing the risk of accidental negative interactions.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The true names of the Corrupted are able to be seen. There is no longer a need to base their names off appearances and behaviour. This serves a double edged sword, however, as not all names are indicative of what a Corrupted actually is, whereas in other times it eludes to precisely what they are capable of.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The message of unknown origins that hint the background, history, tale or characteristic of the Corrupted. This alone can grant major insight into the true origins of the Corrupted, as well as what it is capable of. It is unknown how, why or where these messages come from.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

There are a total of 11 Affinities that serve as a foundation of the Corrupted, as well as the Archetypes. For each Floor and Archetype that exists is an Affinity to match. All Corrupted possess an Affinity of some kind and will dictate the concepts, origins of the Corrupted, story and woes that surround it.

Nexus Glossary 2

Corrupted that follow the concept of 'amalgamation', or the coming of things. The only two Amalgamation Corrupted known is Mimicry and the Crowned; two of which are very closely related to Frost/the Amalgam. Corrupted of this Affinity are therefore seen as an extension of the Amalgam, and are incredibly powerful.

Nexus Glossary 2

Beings that are based on the concept of righteousness or the lack thereof. Corrupted of this nature have so far been seen depicted as feathered, bird-like entities. But this may not always be the case.

Nexus Glossary 2

It is unknown what an Ego Corrupted encapsulates, but it is likely to refer to oneself.

Nexus Glossary 2

Based on happiness, bliss, or pure ignorance. Despite it's name, Hope-Corrupted are not always pleasant.

Nexus Glossary 2

The total breakdown of the self. Corrupted of this nature typically manifest as highly distressed entities, and depict extremely depressing and shocking elements.

Nexus Glossary 2

Concepts that take the form of an entity. The concepts of civilization range from the discarded masses, greed, loss of individuality/ambition, war, and destruction. Corrupted of this nature are massive, and their Corrupted Zones are equally as intimidating.

Nexus Glossary 2

The concept of motivation, drive, and in a way, desire. Machines are usually the entities that manifest to depict one's struggle, wheather it is compliance, loss of purpose, or seeking to break free from their bonds.

Nexus Glossary 2

Corrupted of this Affinity tend to manifest as object or items close to the source that formed the Corrupted in the first place. Children's toys are an example.

Nexus Glossary 2

Extreme guilt, grief and coping. Corrupted of this kind are sometimes not even violent and merely exist to lament for the remainder of their existence. They are a rare type of Corrupted born from immense suffering.

Nexus Glossary 2

The most straightforward of them all. They are wrathful Corrupted that boast extraordinary physical abilities and an appearance to match. They are purely physical-based, and are highly aggressive.

Nexus Glossary 2

Corrupted that tend to also have a mind of their own, albeit within the limitations of their Corrupted form. They can aspire for things that other Corrupted may not be able to. Humanoid Corrupted as well as some machines tend to fall into this Affinity.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

A vital component to properly identifying a Corrupted. Origins refers to the root cause of the Corrupted. From intense trauma to folklore and tales, to a collective illusion - the ATFOOD system has them all.

Nexus Glossary 2

Unique only to the eleven Archetypes.

Whilst they are technically Corrupted, they govern many aspects of the Nexus and the Advents of the world, and consequently, have major sway in the politics of the Ateliers and the Nexus. They are a one of a kind and are highly venerated.

Nexus Glossary 2

Corrupted born from extreme psychological or physical distress, usually in the form of total despair, anguish, euphoria, rage, or sorrow.

Nexus Glossary 2

Entities born from stories, books, fairytales, folklores, bedtime stories, etc. They usually manifest as a dangerous twist of the story they originate from.

Nexus Glossary 2

Corrupted that have gained control over their existence. Whilst still a Corrupted, they can operate and think like a normal, living being, requiring sustenance, rest and gaining the capacity to contemplate their existence. Essentially, they are self-aware Corrupted.

Nexus Glossary 2

Items with anomalous properties. They are rarely documented as they are frequently used as weapons or trinkets to be used in battle, or by the top brass. Those carrying significant risks or have significant intrigue are documented within the Codex.

Corrupted Objects are usually referred to as Corrupted Items and are commonly formed upon the death/subjugation of a Corrupted. They can also be gained by forming a bond with a Corrupted. However, not all Corrupted Items come from Corrupted, hence why the Object Origin exists.

Nexus Glossary 2

Corrupted born from a population’s collective thoughts, nightmares, or traumas. Corrupted of this Origin are almost guaranteed to be of Eternal Night or stronger.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

No other being - not even those Blessed by the Nexus - can see the stats of the Corrupted like those Blessed by the Amalgam. This allows for accurate planning, as well as knowing which personnel are fit for the job. This alone significantly reduces the risk of failure.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The most important piece of information regarding a Corrupted. It is what dictates certain death to a straightforward victory. Few Corrupted have been known to become nigh invincible. Unbeknownst to them was that this was caused by unseen Conditions that were not met or that prevented the Corrupted from perishing easily.

Playing by the rules of the Corrupted and abusing it is the easiest way to take them down. Furthermore, it allows for significantly weaker personnel to take on Corrupted far beyond their capabilities.

As a result, Aspiring Moons Blessed by the Amalgam are made to partner with old Moons to relay this information.

[collapse]

X72EipP.pngCGyK1Nu.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

It is Frost's inherent ability as the Amalgam to manifest the power of the Corrupted that have been added to their 'collection'. The Will of the Amalgam may also manifest a certain affinity, such as Judgement. When this occurs only Corrupted with the Judgement affinity may be chosen. But their unique skills become open for use during this.

The Will of the Amalgam is invoked in two different ways. The first is by lowering her HP, and the second is by heightening her emotions.

Frost will be inflicted with insatiable hunger until combat concludes or her heightened emotional state lowers.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Allows Frost to manifest certain affinities depending on her emotional state, ranging from Judgement to Despair. It allows access to unique skills that otherwise would be impossible to use without manifesting a certain affinity. Manifesting an affinity can only be done once per state.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

There are five states in total regarding the heightening of emotions. This is a phenomenon not exclusive to Frost, as others can experience the same thing. However, her ability to continue manifesting Corrupted one after another is a power reserved only for the Amalgam herself.

As a rule of thumb: The higher one's emotional state is, the higher the state overall become and it keeps on climbing to terrifying levels. Self-control becomes increasingly difficult. The higher the State the higher the risk of Instability, meaning allowing the Corrupted to temporarily consume oneself.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Only Corrupted that are Monsoon or lower may have their Active and Passive Skills borrowed.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Only Corrupted that are Eternal Night may have their Active and Passive Skills borrowed.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Only Corrupted that are Woe of the Fallen Star may have their Active and Passive Skills borrowed.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Only Corrupted that are Apocalypse may have their Active and Passive Skills borrowed.

May manifest a Corrupted Zone from any Corrupted in your possession with the matching Affinity of the Fourth State.

Your Corrupted Zone cannot be overruled by Corrupted lower than Apocalypse.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Most knowledge of this State is largely unknown.

It has only been reached once and it resulted in the Corruption of the Amalgam.

It is unknown if reaching the Fifth State causes a Corruption to occur.

The Amalgam will experience significant mental stress and/or distress.

The last of which caused them to relive the memories of the past.

Expect anomalous effects in this uncharted territory.

 

We can however, expect these few effects.

Only Corrupted that are Paradise Lost may have their Active and Passive Skills borrowed.

May manifest a Corrupted Zone from any Corrupted in your possession with the matching Affinity of the Fifth State.

Your Corrupted Zone cannot be overruled by Corrupted lower than Paradise Lost.

[collapse]

W757sKR.pngPhUfPCL.png

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary

Highly enigmatic and nightmarish creatures. From a stuffed teddy bear that strangles children, to a machine that sings until your head pops, and to a black bird with one thousand eyes; these are creatures that exist not to survive, but for something indescribable. The One Thousand Eyed Bird existed solely to enact its prejudice, and the singing machine existed to only sing its mind-crushing tune.

They cannot be reasoned with or understood. Therefore, they are the most dangerous entities in all of Elysia.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Spoiler

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

 

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

[collapse]

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The most important Corrupted known to exist. They are Corrupted required for the tales and the Awakening of a Floor and an Archetype. They are based on aspects of the past world and the present, often relating closely to the Archetypes on a personal level. Corrupted of this calibre are significantly more powerful than their normal relatives and possess Conditions that make them near impossible to defeat without the Amalgam's Blessing.

All attempts to eliminate a known Main Sequence Corrupted is seen as an act of treason against the Nexus.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

An entirely different category of Corrupted. It was always thought that people could not become Corrupted themselves but is far from the truth.

They are not created by residual emotion, folklore or through similar means of the Corrupted alone, but require a person to completely lose control of themselves thus, becoming a Corrupted characterised by traumas, obsessions, and whatever woes that define them. Corrupted Personas may also be archived within the Eternal Library where they can be stored as books, and then wielded by appointed individuals.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The strongest power of a Corrupted. After some time or depending on the strength of a Corrupted, their concepts will seep into the world, transforming it into one that closely resembles theirs. A Corrupted Zone can transform a harmless Corrupted into one that poses significant danger, for their world is their own to govern. New entities based on the Corrupted may form to aid them in the physical manifestation of their state of mind.

Unique Conditions are known to be imposed on those that trespass. Time operates differently as well. A day could be a week in real time, or a mere second. It is highly advised that Corrupted are removed before this can occur. Thankfully, this is only known to occur to Corrupted of Eternal Night and higher. It very rarely occurs to those lower, but it can happen.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The utter breakdown of oneself. This is usually done via the positive reinforcement of a corroded aspect of oneself. Corrupted Events signal the beginning of a person's transformation into a Corrupted. It eats them; consumes them to a point of no return where the singular worst quality of themselves comes to light, inevitably becoming them.

It was always believed to be impossible. People shouldn't be able to Corrupted. But this was but one of the thousands of lies that plague the world.

It was always possible. People, most notably the Moons of the Nexus, were just killed before it could occur.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

The State of Mind refers to the inner workings of a Corrupted. Or, in other words, seeing precisely what they do. Corrupted Zones are in a way a projection of their inner mind, manifested as a world of their own. This also is true for Corrupted Personas, and when caught in a narrow time frame (before Corruption) by the Amalgam using her Atelier Item - Die Agonsis - then she can enter the State of Mind of a person, learning of their woes as she dismantles them one by one, resulting in one of two things -

- A complete Corruption, or their Salvation.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

It is now known that the Magician, the Archetype of Hope, can see the criteria required for an Awakening.

An Awakening is seen as the 'true' version of oneself. The most complete, honest, and real side. It is unknown of Corruption can even occur to Awakened individuals. This also grants unique powers.

Archetypes are able to regain their memories through a process which requires Frost to gather up to 5 specific Corrupted and bring them to their specified Floors, resulting in the Awakening of the Floor and the Archetype. It is unknown however if all Awakenings require a Corruption Event to occur beforehand much like the Floor of Civilization.

Additionally, people can somehow also become Awakened according to the Magician. What this entails however, is still yet to be determined.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

An event only available to the Corrupted. The process is unknown as the criteria required is hidden even to Frost herself. It allows Frost to grant a targeted Corrupted the Blessing of Amalgam and thus, changing their Origin into an Original. It seen as another version of Salvation, except this fundamentally transforms the individual into something closely, or loosely representative of their previous Corrupted form.

Nexus Glossary 2Nexus Glossary 2

Salvation is reached at the tail end of interacting with a person's State of Mind. It is the conclusion of their intentional struggles, and the embracing of the new as they hatch from the egg in a form much like their old selves, but changed in a way that symbolizes them moving forward.

The main difference between the Realized and those rescued via the Salvation Criteria is that the former are technically sapient Corrupted, whilst the later are still their old selves but possess the ability to manifest the States just like Frost and gradually wield the full power of their Corrupted Persona.

Ber is the poster girl of this, having been the first to undergo a tragic breakdown, and was then saved by Frost in her darkest hour. As a result, Ber now exists as a larger, more mature, and feminine version of her old self as well as wielding her very own personal Corrupted Persona - the Black Swan.

[collapse]

5qg1XBv.png0hQfojN.png5C1U9Em.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

New_Frost.pngGold_Frost.png

Frost_Scolding.png

6a0288d5-a80d-434d-bcaa-c2a485ae4913.pngpassive.pngmasterpiece_cinematic_lighting_cinematic_angle_highres_fair_skin_yellow_eyes_black_fur_coat_grin_short_hair_messy_hair_black_hair_1girl_golden_feathers_black_feathers_s-18.pngCute_Frossssst.pngFrost.pngRare_casual_Frost_bike_shorts_and_singlet.pngNew_Frost.png

00088-2577822006.png

00043-3278000367.png

[collapse]

image.pngimage.png

The protagonist of the story. A nameless man who ended up finding himself in the world of Elysia as a woman. Now named as Frost, she must come to terms with not only the sudden gender change, but with what she had also become.

Frost is no longer human, but her humanity remains lit like a steady flame in her heart. She eats her foes to become stronger, devours the Corrupted of their abilities, and manifests their powers when her emotions heighten in battle.

But there is so much more than what meets the eye, for her identity and past are wrapped in utter secrecy.

image.png

Frost

The Amalgam

The Archetype of Amalgamation

The Black Dove

The Head

Sinder

Captured Star

The 'Light'

image.png

LEVEL : 218  

The Amalgam

   
NAME : Frost HP : 15,500,000 ^1,200/Min

MP : 180,000 ^500/Min

AGI : 95 RESIST : 400
AGE : 0 ATT : 13,000

MAG ATT : 10,000

O : 129  D : 30
ORIGIN : Archetype ATT DEF : 9,000 

MAG DEF : 8,000

S : 263 E : 79

image.png

Origin

Human from Earth (Pre-Otherworld)

Human from another world (Pre-Elysia)

Human (Pre-Awakening)

Archetype (Post-Awakening)

 

Age

22 (Pre-Awakening)

0 (Post-Awakening)

 

Appearance

Hair: Black, reaches just above shoulders. They appear like blades, are messy and have many stray cowlicks protruding off from the sides.

Eyes: Sharp eyes that are golden in colour. They emit a faint glow in the dark, like a star.

Tone: Fair.

Build: Lithe, very little muscle

Height: 160 cm

Apparel: Frost has two usual attires: The iconic Coat of Prejudice which identifies her as the Black Dove, and the golden, red-ribbon, sacred garbs she adorns as the Amalgam/The Head of the Nexus.

Frost's body hardly changes due to being a Healer. However, her chest has increased in size ever since hatching from the Pale Egg, alongside her hair having grown slightly longer.

image.png

The Head

Archetype

Adventurer (The Black Dove)

image.png

////Currently In Need for Repair////

 

< Coat of Prejudice >

 
 

< Its feathers ruffle at the truth >

 
Origin: Object

Affinity: Judgement

Type: Apparel
ATT DEF: 350

MAG DEF: 250

RESIST: 100

EFFECT: Resistance to Judgement Affinity. Immune to Scrutiny.

 

A large, feathered coat made from black and golden feathers from the One Thousand Eyed Bird. Towards the hems and the shoulders larger feathers protrude upwards, creating a soft hem around her head like that of a fur coat. The inner layer of the coat is lined with golden feathers. It reaches down just past her knees.

Coat provides immense resistance against attacks with the Judgement affinity, and provides immunity to the Scrutiny negative status/condition.

Furthermore, as the flavour text implies, its feathers ruffle whenever the truth is being said. They stop when it detects a lie. How the mechanism works is unknown.

 

 

< Badge of Fragmented Aspirations >

 
 

A thousand collective beats will sound like one >

 
ORIGIN : Object

AFFINITY : Civilization

TYPE : Accessory
DEF : 250

 MAG DEF : 500

RESIST : 0

EFFECT: Resistance to the Civilization Affinity. Wearer’s heart cannot be swayed or tugged. Impose your heart upon others to fragment them. If target was an enemy, then they will fight for your heart until they have taken 10% of their total base HP. Target’s RESIST must be lower than 100 to take effect.

 

A pinned badge in the shape of a small red loveheart. Commonly seen worn on Frost's chest.

 

 

< Dream Shatterer >

 
 

At some point, reality will come crashing back >

 
ORIGIN : Object

AFINITY : Civilization

TYPE : Weapon
ATT : 3,500  

MAG ATT : 4,500

EFFECT: Instantly awaken the unconscious and remove all Torpidity stacks at will. Those on the receiving end of your attacks may never pass out or lose their mind. They must witness reality come crashing down till the bitter end.

 

A beautiful pair of black, fur-cuffed gloves.

ADDITIONALLY:

Black Shirt

Singlet

Boy shorts/cyclist shorts

Shorts

Black Tights/Pantyhose

Maid-like black shoes

image.png

OFFENSIVE: 129

Ultra Violence: 102 | Your body is your weapon

Conflagrator: 27 | All will be reduced to nothing by your cleansing flame

 

DEFENSIVE: 30

Counter Offence: 30 | The greatest defence is a triumphant offence

 

SUPPORT: 263

Greater Healer: 248 | Restore the hearts of others

Leadership: 15: | We must never be divided 

 

EXPLORATION: 82

Appraisaler: 37 | Identify the objects of the world

Cook: 40 | Make some delicious food

Comprehension: 5 | Comprehend the incomprehensible

image.png

(O) Punch V

The thrust of your first. Deal damage in accordance to base ATT.

 

Mastery

Omnipresent Maw

Your punches will devour pieces of your target as if it were your all-consuming maw

It devours all that it touches

 

(O) Double Punch II [5/10]

A magical attack that follows each punch. Target must be within 10 cm in the direction of the thrusted fist.

Cost: 50 MP

 

(O) Goodnight [1/10]

Deal 10 damage, but each punch applies 10 stacks of Torpidity.

 

(O) Armor Piercing I [1/10]

Cause your punches to create highly localized and penetrative impacts. ATT increased by 25% against armor. 75% reduction against flesh

 

(O) Magnitude I [6/10]

Cause your punches to dissipate energy onto your target, greatly increasing the area of effect. 5-meter radius. ATT reduced to 20% of total ATT

 

(O) Obliterate [0/10]

Charge one spectacular punch dealing 5x of your total ATT stat. Ignores all DEF stats. Stagger enemy if Physical RESIST stat is lower than your total ATT divided by 500

Cost: 20,000 MP. Charge time: 10 seconds

 

(O) Inferno I [3/10]

Conjure a controlled firestorm. Deal 2,000 Damage, and 100 Cinder Stacks to those caught within the blaze

Cost: 1,500 MP per second

 

(O) Liquid Fire I [2/10]

Release a torrent of sticky, liquid fire. Flames last momentarily. Deal 3,000 MAG ATT damage. Apply Severe Burn Condition if RESIST is less than 90 and MAG DEF is lower than 600

Cost: 5,500 MP per second

 

(O) Thermal Propagation [2/10]

Create miniature thermal explosions within your palms. Deal 500 MAG ATT damage

Cost: 500 MP

 

(D) Solemn Counter III [0/10]

Counter an opposing attack. Your AGI determines the window of opportunity. Multiply ATT by 2x during a successful counter.

 

(S) Grand Healing V

Restores 750 HP on self or target in contact. Minor and major wounds are instantly healed. Broken bones will repair instantly. Fatal wounds will heal in a matter of minutes.

Cost: 50 MP

 

Mastery

Black Dove's Commitment

Those healed using Grand Healing V gain a 25% increase in health for 2 minutes. Damage taken whilst overhealed does not translate to the body until the true HP is affected

The Angel in black wanted nothing more than to help them reach their salvation 

 

(S) Cure Disease III [1/10]

Instantly cure all tier 2 diseases and tier 2 negative statuses/condition of self or target in contact.

Cost: 100 MP

 

(S) Prolonged Stasis V

Convert MP to HP every second. Unable to perform any active skills during use. Healing skills are exempted. Stasis will be inflicted on self throughout duration.

Conversion: gain 20 HP per 2 MP spent

 

Mastery

Black Dove's Roost

Prolonged Stasis will prevent your death and targets so long as it is active. Prolonged Stasis may now be used in conjunction with any Active Skills

Nestle within the Angel in black’s wings. It’s safest there

 

(S) Area Heal III [3/10]

Replenish 100 HP to self and chosen targets within 7 meters. Minor wounds are healed instantly.

Cost: 100 MP

 

(S) Cleanse IV [9/10]

Instantly remove 4 chosen stacks on self or target in contact. If multiple targets are in contact, then 4 stacks will be simultaneously removed from them all

Distance: 2m: 4 stacks, 5m: 3 stacks, 10m: 2 stacks, 15m, 1 stack

Cost: 75 MP

 

(S) Corporeal Restoration III [5/10]

Heal lethal wounds instantaneously. HP does not recover

Cost: 800 MP

 

(S) Inspiration! I [5/10]

Temporarily inspire allies. Grant resistance to Trepidation stacks if allies RESIST is lower than 50

Cost: 200 MP

 

(E) Home Cook IV [0/10]

All meals grant temporary positive statuses. Complex meals grant additional bonuses.

Cost: Ingredient

 

(E) Appraise Object III [4/10]

Reveal some insight and basic information of targeted materials.

Cost: X MP for first reveal. MP cost is dependent on material and its characteristics. Nil cost unless additional information is revealed thereafter.

 

(E) Non-Euclidian Interpretation [5/10]

When active, automatically interpret and map non-Euclidean spaces imperfectly

Cost: 100,000 MP per minute

image.png

(O) Tooth and Nail

All body parts are considered an extension of the fist. Damage caused by limbs will do as much damage as a regular [Punch] when skill is activated.

 

(O) Severe Combo

Landing Active Skills from the Brawler Profession within 1 second of each other causes your ATT to multiply incrementally with each blow.

 

(O) Fight, Never Flight!

All stats increase by 2% for each 24 hours spent in combat. Combat state will be significantly more difficult to dismiss

 

(O) Origin of Flames

Assimilate all flames as your own

 

(O) Finely Tuned Violence

Your control over your Active Skills from Ultra Violence has been mastered. Damage from all physical attacks can now be controlled to their highest output or to harmless levels

 

(O) Remnants of an Ancient Ember

Your flames will attempt to spare the innocent

 

(D) Fine Line

The window of opportunity for skills in the Counter Offence Profession increase proportionally to AGI. Opponent AGI negatively affects the window of opportunity. If your AGI is lower, the damage you receive is multiplied by 2x.

 

(D) Instinctive Drive

Your body is proficient enough to move with instinctive prowess

 

(S) Painkiller

Adjust faster to pain. Those you heal resist pain the longer you heal them.

 

(S) Hyper Saturated Blood

Gain 50% additional base HP

 

(S) Medical Attention Please!

Efficacy of all healing outside of healing-based skills increased by 100%

 

(S) Ultra Coordinated

AGI increased by 20

 

(S) Mana Profusion

Gain 50% additional base MP

 

(S) Painkiller

Adjust faster to pain. Those you heal resist pain the longer you heal them

 

(S) Heart of Hearts

Your voice can more easily reach people’s hearts

 

(E) Comprehension I

Comprehend basic literacy of all kinds. Marginally comprehend incomprehensible existences

 

(E) Dimensional Storage III (27 kg / 60 kg)

Store up to 40kg worth of items in a pocket dimension.

image.png

Archetype of Amalgamation

May They All Come Together

Manifest the unique strength of those devoured.

Attain minor stats of those devoured.

Amalgam's Will increases when HP lowers. Consuming replenishes MP.

 

Blessing of the Amalgam

To Those Who Seek To Understand Themselves

Able to gift target with the Blessing of the Amalgam after the hidden criteria is met. Overrides the Blessing of the Nexus. Realization criteria is only available for the Corrupted.

 

Eyes of Judgement

One Thousand Good Deeds Yet They Cannot Be Seen

See what all cannot, and what judgement could never

Allows Frost to see things that cannot be seen by others, such as the color of the fire in people's hearts. It is also the reason why her eyes are gold, and why she carries the presence of another 999 other invisible eyes.

Allows Frost to see seconds into the future so long as her two, physical eyes observe it.

Allows Frost to inflict the Scrutiny negative status effect/stacks.

 

Language of Judgement

One Thousand Good Deeds Tainted by One Sin

Understand what all cannot, and what Judgement could never

Granted Frost superhuman hearing.

Allows Frost to hear the voices of the Corrupted and people (happened once with the cat-girl so far).

Allows Frost to see the complete stats, professions, skills and abilities of those with the Blessing of the Amalgam.

Allows Frost to see designation, titles, soul ranks and all stats of any and every person including the Blessed.

This effect is can be resisted with the RESIST stat.

 

Unwavering Wick

Remember what is most important. Never let them burn

Your precious memories may never disappear.

 

Touch of the Black Dove

The kindness sprouted wings from the bottom of their hearts

Healing can now occur to multiple targets so long as they are in contact. Remaining in contact with any target will heal them even without the use of Skills. You bring comfort to those you touch with a body warmer than most.

 

String Theory

However random or arbitrary each motion of our actors is, they are all accounted for in this grand theatrical

You may see the strings of those attached to the Fate Mechanism.

 

The Language of Greed

They spoke through coins but never through their voices

Know their worth. You’ll know the price they’ll pay to defy their pride. Transform the living into coins and harness their true value

 

Nex Accumulation

Able to accumulate raw NEX. Accumulated NEX may be transferred to others

 

Leader of Hearts

Our desires were spoken through hearts unbelonging to us

Know what strings to tug in their hearts. Whether for good or bad, right or wrong, or for one united drive ultimately depends on you

 

Reach for the Stars!

A cosmic soup surrounding an invisible body that twirls us round and round. I wish you were also here to enjoy the ride in this galactic merry go round! 

Inspire the despaired and allow the impassioned to become the brightest version of themselves. Let them reach the unreachable and break through the bounds that keep them firmly in place

 

Spatial Distortion I

Attachment may very well be the root of all suffering

Expend all mana to create a minor Spatial Distortion connecting your last known locations within both the Epiderma and the Derma Layer. Mana cannot regenerate so long as the Spatial Distortion exists

 

Oblivion Lock

Expend Nex to create an Oblivion Lock. It will prevent most interactions with the Subcut Layer depending on the amount of Nex used >

Cost: 5,000 NEX per second

 

Nascent Fluids

Your blood becomes the basis of reconstitution. A soul is required to replicate your blood into its shape. Your body unnaturally regenerates the higher your vascularity is. Consuming biomass will replenish HP

ADDITIONAL EFFECT: The Alter Frost’s may be created. Maximum limit of 1 each

 

Soul Anchor

You may create objects capable of tethering souls. Souls must be transferred with an appropriate method >

REQUIREMENTS: Unspecified. Nex will undoubtably be required

//////// < WARNING > ////////

Souls tethered will immediately forfeit a piece of themselves

 

The Ultimate Language

We can be better

Know the discarded many and what will motivate them. You will understand their value. You will connect their hearts. You will create inseparable bonds, and you will make them the most civilized

 

Technological Convergence

Your blood, sweat, tears and flesh constitutes a fragment of the whole

Allows you to interact with aspects of technologies in their creation phase

 

 

The Will of the Amalgam

Spoiler

Corrupted Collection

Spoiler

Judgement

Spoiler

First State

Listening Bird

 

Active

Dismissed Confession

The silence was evidence of their guilt. Their mouths moved by they could never speak >

Deal 2,000 damage to a chosen target. Target will be afflicted with 50 stacks of Confession >

Cost: 1,500 MP >

 

Passive

Unlying Tablet

Our deeds were prewritten in blood by the almighty King >

Your spilled blood summons the Unlying Tablet to your aid >

 

Judgement Manifestation

Unique

 

Active

Sinless Repent

< Therefore, we must expose our inner selves for the world to see >

Transform the most silent into a Confessor >

Cost: 10,000 MP after first use. The first use is free >

 

Second State

One Thousand Eyed Bird

 

Active

Prejudice

All that mattered was that they were right >

Deal 10,000 damage to those caught by your maw >

Cost: 4,000 MP >

 

Biased Verdict

They judged in order to not be judged themselves >

Summon the forest to ensnare your target >

Cost: 2,000 MP >

 

Passive

Rightful Ignorance

They turned their heads the other way knowing it was wrong >

Open all one thousand of your eyes. They have come to your aid >

 

Fear of Retribution

One day it would be their turn to be judged >

Emotions will heighten even faster >

 

Judgement Manifestation

Unique

 

Active

Judgement

Was it worth eating what was forbidden by the King? >

Enact Judgement. One single target may take up to 300,000 damage. Unavoidable and may only be used once >

 

Passive

Hysteria

We accused one another of the sin of one >

On death, the Judge’s Aid are reborn as miniature reflections of yourself. They carry your Will as their armaments to enact your rightful judgement >

[collapse]

Civilization

Spoiler

Second State

Greed Counter

 

Active

Stacking Wealth

< As they stack their wealth, do they stop to think where those coins come from? >

< Coins carrying a converted power may be used. All coins containing a unique power may only be used once >

Cost: 5,000 MP >

 

Passive

Mangled Coins

The ancient machine was an impossible relic of an era unbeknownst to us >

< Summon a hundred Touch of Golds. They have come to your aid >

 

Passive

Corporeal Value

Inherent value was determined through one’s use. Their hearts and souls were never considered as a part of the whole >

< Place a value on all those within sight. The higher their value, the better >

 

Active

Hired Arms

Mercenaries both near and far could not resist. Endless greed fostered civilization’s moral ambiguities >

< Hire an alternate version of yourself with half your stats. It will equip itself with your skillset and possessions. Your Hired Arm will enact your Will at a price >

No initial cost. Upkeep and skill usage requires coins >

 

Civilization Manifestation

Unique

 

Passive

Empowered 

He mentioned it only once. That there are people who, from the depths of their heart, carry the pride to resist the temptations of the world >

Grant the Empowered Condition onto allies within 50 meters of you, the Hired Arm, and the False Diamond >

 

Passive

False Diamond

The memento was made from glass. They told me it was worthless. But I loved it because it was a gift from my most precious friend! >

Those within 50 meters of the False Diamond and Hired Arm become Hired Mercenaries and may substitute your coins for mana. Additionally, the Hired Arm’s stats will match yours. All coin costs are cut in half >

 

Third State

Heart of Ours

 

Active

Beaten Desires

< They could never act on their suppression. Ambition was wrung from their soul through bouts of violence >

< Ramp up the emotions of allies. Muddle the hearts of your enemies to suppress them >

< Cost: 25,000 MP >

 

Active

Unwilling Unity

< Banded together for the wrong reasons >

< Physically conjoin an unwilling heart with all those within a 1-meter radius. They will fight for you, however unwilling they may be >

< CRITERIA: Initial target must be suppressed by Beaten Desires or other means. Secondary target must have more than 100 RESIST and 500 base DEF >

< Cost: 40,000 MP >

 

Active

Collective Leap

< Let us take this leap of fabricated faith >

< Collect the hearts of the fallen and raise them to the sky. Hurl them at will and deal 25,000 MAG ATT to target >

< Cost: 50,000 MP >

 

Passive

Shattered Dreams

< Oh how we all wish we could all just sleep in a bubble of ignorance. Wouldn’t we all be happier that way? >

< Summon devouring clouds. Cannot dictate where they appear >

< CRITERIA: Active when emotional state increases and when your heart is confronted >

 

Passive

Gushing!

< The world doesn’t need to know what you think. Sometimes, it’s better to just keep it to ourselves… for our own sake >

< The higher your emotional state, the more inclined your heart will be to speak. All targets within a 50-meter radius are affected. Target with over 200 RESIST will accumulate Gush stacks >

 

Passive

Aspirating Aspirations

< Grasp it. Or risk drowning in a sea of fruitless ambition >

< All those considered enemies will be challenged by their aspirations when emotional state reaches critical levels >

 

Civilization Manifestation

Unique

 

< False Heart >

< Determined >

[collapse]
[collapse]

Corrupted Persona Collection

Spoiler

Eternal Night

Iron Candle

 

ACTIVE: I am Fire!

Only to burn those closest to me >

Unleash a pulse of heat dealing your maximum MAG ATT damage to everything within a 10-meter radius. Increases as Burn stacks accumulate >

Cost: 5,000 MP >

 

ACTIVE: Backfire of Dual Embers

Warmth and wrath come from the same comforting heat >

Create an explosion of flames wherever you touch. Deal ATT damage and place up to 30 Burn stacks onto target caught within your plume of flames >

Cost: 1,000 MP >

 

ACTIVE: Flame of a Fleeting Ember

The flame of a candle is strongest in its final moments >

Propel yourself forward and reach your maximum AGI speed instantly. Creates an explosion of fire. Deal maximum MAG ATT damage to those within a 5-meter radius >

Cost: 2,500 MP >

 

ACTIVE: Final Onrush

My wrath. My vow to protect. Spearheading my heart into the unfairness of the world to show my strength >

Your AGI incrementally increases the longer you run in a single cardinal direction. You may lock an enemy into your grasp. The longer they are pinned, the more damage the final explosion will deal. Up to a maximum of 5x your ATT damage >

Cost: 8,000 MP >

 

PASSIVE: Fuel Are Memories

They all perish with the heat as our candles dwindle, and our eyes masked by its elusive haze >

Emotions heighten in tandem with self-inflicted Burn stacks. The higher your Burn stacks, the higher your emotional state becomes. Iron Candle becomes stronger at higher emotional state >

 

Eternal Night

Asterism

 

PASSIVE: Burdenless Heights

Gaze upon the stars and forget about your worldly troubles >

Increase the stats of all allies that have a direct line of sight of you or your stars. Stats increase the higher an ally’s despair is >

< Don’t give up! >

 

PASSIVE: Star Cycle

Even when they disappear, we can hope that new ones will arise. Thank you for showing us that it’s never the end! >

Your stars will explode after taking enough damage. The resulting nebula will temporarily prevent the death of all those within >

< Only life can be made inside of them! >

 

PASSIVE: Nature’s Compass

No matter where you are, and no matter how far away from home you go, we will always be waiting there in the skies. So follow our lead and we’ll guide you right back! >

Various stars will twinkle in the eyes of certain individuals. They will guide them when all seems lost >

< There must never be an eternal night again! >

 

ACTIVE: Ray of Hope

May our warmth reach you! >

Pull us into your core! Then fire a gigantic 10,000 MAG ATT beam in any direction you want! >

Cost: Us! But you don’t have to worry! We’ll always be with you! So – Let’s watch over Stella and Aster together! >

 

Corrupted Zone Manifestation

< CONDITION: All allies of the Amalgam are inspired so long as they have direct line of sight with your Asterism. Realization and Awakening criteria fulfillment chance slightly increased. If inspired enough; then a person may fundamentally reach greater heights >

 

< SUPPRESSION REQUIREMENT: Cleanse the skies of its stars >

 

< SUBJUGATION REQUIREMENT: Collapse the body that holds the stars together. In other words, you >

[collapse]
[collapse]
[collapse]

wwQNVP0.pngI9P0axy.png

Spoiler

Images

Spoiler

Jury_has_a_gift_1.png

Jury.pngNew_Jury.png

[collapse]

Introduction

Originally a Corrupted and a denizen of the Black Forest until she received the Blessing of the Amalgam from Frost and underwent a brief realization event. Jury is now an Original and exists as 'herself' rather than the crying child depicted in the folklore surrounding the Black Forest.

Jury has an explosive personality and can read in between the lines almost as well as Frost. She has been described by Frost as a pure soul whose driven by child-like curiosity and a fondness for good-hearted people. She saved Frost from being judged and is now her closest companion/friend, right next to Nav.

Jury is currently a Junior Beholder with the Heart of Time as her technology, taken from the Book of Elysia.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

Junior Beholder

White Rabbit (By Alice)

Angel

 

Occupation

Nil.

 

Origin

Angel (Pre-Elysia)

Folklore (Pre-Realization)

Original (Post-Realization)

 

Age

26

 

Appearance

Hair: Pale, long and relatively straight. It reaches past her arms. It is also somehow less messy than Frost's hair.

Eyes: Sharp and golden. They emit a faint light in the dark.

Tone: Dark-skinned.

Build: Healthy, well above average in certain areas, some muscle tone.

Height: 170 cm

Tail: Long, thick towards the base. Feathered at the tip where a bulbous organ resides. This organ is capable of opening like the petals of a fleshy flower to reveal either an empty mouth, or a long needle. This needle is used to inject victims with a paralyzing neurotoxin.

Ears: Flat, flap-like ears found at the sides of her head.

Feathers: Certain parts of her body has bundles of feathers growing out of them, such as under her ears.

Clawed Left Hand: Her left hand is pitch-black and sports razor-sharp claws.

Teeth: Sharpened and lined like a shark's.

 

Equipment

 

  Mantle of Sin  
  Its feathers recite the sin of others  
Origin: Object Affinity: Judgement Type: Apparel
ATT DEF: 150 MAG DEF: 200 RESIST: 45

EFFECT: Resistance to Judgement Affinity. Immune to Confession.

 

A white, overbearing mantle highly reminiscent of Frost's. It serves as a coat more than a mantle and elegantly wraps around Jury like a giant, feathery cocoon. The sins of those with lesser RESIST stats are written across the mantle in the form of bleeding, floating symbols that can only be interpreted by the wearer or one possessing the Language of Judgement Ability.

The coat itself reaches down past her knees and prevented the need to wear any proper clothing as it served all of these functions on its own.

 

White furcoat to match Frost

Black tights/pantyhose

Undergarments

ATT DEF: 150

MAG DEF: 100

 

It is confirmed that she is wearing black tights/undergarments borrowed from her bunny-suit outfit, alongside undergarments unlike Frost who refuses to wear such a thing.

 

Stats

LEVEL : 200  

Jury
Junior Beholder >

   
NAME : Jury HP : 250,000 ^500/Min

MP : 40,000 ^50/Min

AGI : 85 RESIST : 160 (+45)
AGE : 26  ATT : 8,000

ATT DEF : 6,500 (+300) 

O : 160 D : 80
ORIGIN : Original   MAG ATT : 9,000

MAG DEF : 5,500 (+300)  

S :  E : 0

 

< PROFESSIONS >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION
BODY VERSATILITY: 100
LACERATER: 40
TAIL EVOLUTION: 20
DIVINE WORKS: 50
OMNIDYNAMIC: 30
   

 

< ACTIVE SKILLS >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION

Lacerate IV [0/10]
Tail Whack V
Body Manipulation V
Tail Evolution II [0/10]
Retrocausality [0/10]
Localized Entropy [0/10]
Doppler Strike [0/10]

Angel Feathers III [0/10]
Dynamic Resistance III [0/10]
   

 

< PASSIVE SKILLS >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION

Sharpened Claws V
Growing Tail
Acrobatics V
Sharpened Fangs V
Neurotoxin III
Slipstream IV

Deflecting Feathers II
Perfect Physiology V
   

 

< ABILITIES >

Their Innocence | Realized | Amalgam’s Blessing | Beholder | Heart of Time

 

< Technology >

Heart of Time

Its nature allows for Jury to command time. To what extend and how much influence she has is unknown and yet to be deciphered.

[collapse]

8C9CZ7V.pngSWmYAE2.png

Spoiler

Introduction

Formerly known as the 'System', it is an intelligence that was born moments after Frost Awakened as the Archetype of Amalgam. There is not much known about Nav other than it is essentially a voice in both Frost and Jury's head.

Nav actively aids Frost by feeding her vital information and context about the greater world around them. Nav has a cold stature, and a near unreadable demeanour due to its cold, monotone voice. But there has been some instances where it expressed sass, surprise and warmth.

Nav is suspected to have also come from the same world as Frost and several Archetypes due to the familiarity they express towards it.

One of Frost's goal is to materialize Nav into a body.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

The System

Navigate

Navigator

GPS

Electronic Guidebook

Disembodied Wingman

 

Occupation

Navigator

 

Origin

[Unknown]

 

Age

0

 

Appearance

Nil...

[collapse]

YJkA0oV.pngz5rbRPO.png

Spoiler

Images

Spoiler

Finally_cat_eared_ignis.png

[collapse]

Introduction

A young girl that's suffered through the devastation of Divas Pass and had the misfortune of becoming a Corrupted. Ignis was once was a bright, bubbly girl but now sports eyes far sharper than Frost's. Though despite how she looks, Ignis is a kind, cinnamon bun at heart but carries an immense hatred towards the Impuritas that took her home away.

It is known that her mother perished as a direct result of her birth. Ignis throughout her life always thought her happiness was a strain on others, hence her Corrupted form taking the affinity of Lament. Furthermore, it is implied that she had burnt down the tree where her mother 'slept' underneath.

Ignis' body can morph into grotesque forms limited only to weapons and apparel. Her most notable transformation is her hand becoming a massive, curved blade riddled with flesh. Her apparel is also a red suit made from her own flesh. So in a sense, Ignis is not wearing anything at all.

Ignis yearns for revenge against the Impuritas for what happened to her father and home in Divas Pass. She hopes to prove to Frost and the others that she's reliable and will take every opportunity to be useful.

She hates cucumbers and bodies of water as an ex-feline Demi-human.

Ignis has also steadily been warming up to the group, particularly with Ber since the Derma Layer.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

Weaponized Symbiote

 

Occupation

Nil.

 

Origin

Demi-Human (Pre-Corruption)

Trauma (Post-Corruption)

Original (Post-Realization)

 

Age

8 (Pre-Realization)

0 (Post-Realization)

 

Appearance

Hair: Red, long, reaches beyond shoulders. Very straight and tidy.

Eyes: Razor sharp, red in colour. Perpetually glaring.

Tone: Fair, but very slightly red.

Build: Healthy, little muscle, adolescent.

Height: 160 cm

 

Equipment

Nil. She is her own weapon. She wears a red suit made from her own body.

 

Stats

 

LEVEL : 180  

Ignis
Weaponized Symbiote >

   
NAME : Ignis HP : 260,000 ^20/Min

MP : 25,000 ^10/Min

AGI : 60  RESIST : 500
AGE :  ATT : 1,600

ATT DEF : 5,500

O : 150 D : 40
ORIGIN : Original   MAG ATT : 1,400

MAG DEF : 5,500 

  S : 40 E : 0

 

< PROFESSIONS >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION
EXTERNAL SYSTEM: 30
WEAPONIZED SYSTEM: 120
SHAPESHIFT: 30
BODYCRAFT: 10
SYMBIOSIS: 40  

 

< ACTIVE SKILLS >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION
External System III [0/10]
Weaponized System V
Devouring Slash II [0/10]
Complex Machinations II [0/10]
Hardened Shell I [0/10]
Reinforce! I [0/10]
Acrid Micro Secretions III [0/10]
Implausible Sensory Makeup [0/10]
 

 

< PASSIVE SKILLS >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION
Auto Reconstitution V
Biological Understanding I
Efficient Heat Dissipation III
Oppressive Gaze V
External Skin V
Material Mimicry I
Heightened Senses III
Resemblance V
Perfect Mimicry (Cat Demi-Human)
 

 

< ABILITIES >

Realized | Amalgam’s Blessing | Symbiote | Siren’s Voice

 

[collapse]

0cZYfI7.pngG89MAne.png

Spoiler

Introduction

Snap. Snap. Brrr.

Snap is a giant, golden-furred spider with a single eye in the form of a camera lens. Snap's name is derived from the sound it makes when it takes polaroid photographs, both when it was a Corrupted known as Our Happiest Moments and in the present as the Observer of Hope.

Snap is a kind soul that even as a Corrupted sought for nothing more than to help those in their trying times by offering them a piece of comfort in the form of a precious memory (a Polaroid). There is not much else known about Snap personality wise, but it did manage to pick up the knowledge of saluting at Frost.

It is usually never in the forefront of things and likes to lurk in the backdrop, constantly recording their moments.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

The Observer of Hope

Frost's Tame

Goldanid

 

Occupation

Nil.

 

Origin

Trauma (Pre-Realization)

Original (Post-Realization)

 

Age

30

 

Appearance

Fur: Gold, fuzzy, like a giant ball of bliss when touched. Children have been observed to disappear and somehow reappear on the other side of Snap's body when it's rolled itself into a ball form.

Eye: A single camera lens capable of twisting to increase or decrease focus/zoom.

Size: The size of a drawn caravan, or roughly the size of a large car.

Features: There is a smiling face detailed into its back with black fur.

 

Equipment

Nil.

 

Stats

LEVEL : 30  

< Observer of Hope >

   
NAME : Snap HP : 2,500

MP : 1,000

AGI : 1,800 RESIST : 25
AGE : 30 ATT : 0

ATT DEF : 0

O : 0 D : 0
ORIGIN : Original MAG ATT : 0

MAG DEF : 0

S : 120 E : 0

< … Snap requests that you do not pry >

As a friend, I will comply >

Snap hopes that you will one day understand >

[collapse]

84n7WQ1.pngxcpS6xc.png

Spoiler

Images

Spoiler

Cer.png

Cer1.png

Cer2.png

Maid_Cer.png

Embarrassed_Maid_Cer.png

Maidy_Cer.png

Sad_Maid_Cer.png

Cute_Maid_Cer.png

[collapse]

Introduction

"What's a ticket booth to a galvanizing wolf?" - Cer.

Cer is one of three triplets, born exactly 0.8 seconds before the other two. She's the most unpredictable, chaotic and has seemingly no boundaries whatsoever. Cer is better off described as a wildcard, and appears dismissive of situations many would regard as harrowing or a matter of life or death.

Her past is masked with mystery alongside her sisters. They are called Jesters by the majority of the Blessed and the Ateliers and are rarely ever taken seriously despite the knowledge they do pertain.

Cer is surpisingly self-aware of her obnoxious behaviour. It is unknown why she chooses to behave like this, and deep down, Cer has shown that she truly does care about the living but has been twisted by her gruelling upbringing and longs for the simpler days.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

Electric Fang

Jester

Little Wolf

Cer Syndrome Patient Zero

 

Occupation

Moon

Receptionist of the Nexus Common Hub

 

Origin

Demi-Human

 

Age

Roughly 30 (and 0.8 seconds older than the other two)

 

Appearance

Hair: Long, black and straight. Reaches up to her waist.

Eyes: Crimson in color. Wolf-like in appearance.

Tone: Fair.

Animal Characteristics: A pair of black wolf-like ears and a large, fluffy tail.

Build: Healthy, lithe, short, very little muscle

Height: 140-150 cm

 

Equipment

Her fangs possess an Atelier Weapon created by ImpulseWorks. It allows Cer to create electric shocks in the form of a massive bite.

It is her primary method of attack.

 

Stats

    Moon    
   

Cer
Electric Fang >

Soul Rank: Incandescent | Atelier: Nil

   
LEVEL : 200 ORIGIN : Demi-Human

HP : 50,000

ATT : 3,000 MAG ATT : 3,000
ATT DEF : 2,000 MAG DEF : 2,000 MP : 10,000 RESIST : 100  AGI : 55

 

< ACTIVE >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION
Electric Fang V
Ultracharged Field V
Galvanic Current V
Wolf Bite V
Static Defense V
Matching Current V
Electric Sensitivity V
Detection V
 

 

< ABILITIES >

Moon | Serum S (Galvanic Blood) | Serum H | Charged Blood Tether | Jesters! | Atelier Jaw
[collapse]

WYZ8OLr.pngXSoenhE.png

Spoiler

Images

Spoiler

Ber_with_black_gauntlets.png

Ber_again.pngCute_Ber.png

Ber.png

 

[collapse]

Introduction

All muscle, no brain. Ber rarely has anything worthwhile to input and usually goes along with the antics of Cer, much to Res' frustration. Ber is very casual and talks little compared to her sisters. When she does, she usually speaks with small phrases. Not much is known about Ber other than that she's Cer's hype-woman when it comes to their antics.

But beneath her stoic and rather rude attitude, Ber is easily the most feminine of the three and is endearing when she's not busy playing along with Cer's antics. She's also surprisingly smart at times.

Ber has gotten somewhat close with Ignis.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

Electric Claw

Jester

Medium Wolf

 

Occupation

Moon

Receptionist of the Nexus Common Hub

 

Origin

Demi-Human

 

Age

Roughly 30 (and 0.8 seconds younger than Cer)

 

Appearance

Hair: A little on the shorter side, just managing to reach her shoulders. Unstyled, a bit similar to Frost's and black.

Eyes: Crimson in color. Wolf-like in appearance.

Tone: Fair.

Animal Characteristics: A pair of black wolf-like ears and a large, fluffy tail.

Build: Healthy, lithe, short, very little muscle

Height: 140-150 cm

 

Equipment

Her gloves/gauntlets are her primary weapons and were created by ImpulseWorks. They allow her to conjure electricity at the tips of her finger and create electric aberrations in the form of a giant scratch.

 

Stats

    Moon    
   

Ber
Electric Claw >

Soul Rank: Incandescent | Atelier: Nil

   
LEVEL : 200 ORIGIN : Demi-Human

HP : 50,000

ATT : 3,000 MAG ATT : 3,000
ATT DEF : 2,000 MAG DEF : 2,000 MP : 10,000 RESIST : 100 AGI : 55

 

< ACTIVE >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION

Electric Claw V
Supercharged Field V
Galvanic Current V
Wolf Scratch V

Static Defense V
Matching Current V
Reflexive Defense V
Wake Up Shock V Electric Sensitivity V
Detection V
Cook III
Butcher I
Forager V
Sewer II

 

< ABILITIES >

Moon | Serum S (Galvanic Blood) | Serum H | Charged Blood Tether | Jesters! | Atelier Claw
[collapse]

wTtuqhw.pngpPglOBw.png

Spoiler

Images

Spoiler

Res.pngWolf_leader_Res.pngCute_Res.pngAnother_Res.pngRES_ADORABLE.png

 

[collapse]

Introduction

The most 'normal' out of the Moon Triplets. Res acts as the group's mother and their restrain. She is typically serious, respectable and reliable. She is the only one of the three that Frost sincerely respects as a result. Res' past is wrapped in mystery alongside her sisters and fragments of it prop up from time to time. During these moments it is usually her who takes the initiative to calm her sisters down.

Res carries immense emotional baggage and guilt due to the past, and blames herself for what happened to her sisters. As stoic as she is, Res is easily the cutest and adores being pampered by Frost and Jury.

 

General Information

Names/Namesakes

Electric Eye

Jester

Big Wolf

 

Occupation

Moon

Receptionist of the Nexus Common Hub

 

Origin

Demi-Human

 

Age

Roughly 30 (and 0.8 seconds younger than Cer)

 

Appearance

Hair: Twintails, a little long, just managing to reach down her shoulders when unstyled. Black.

Eyes: Crimson in color. Wolf-like in appearance.

Tone: Fair.

Animal Characteristics: A pair of black wolf-like ears and a large, fluffy tail.

Build: Healthy, lithe, short, very little muscle

Height: 140-150 cm

 

Equipment

Her eyes possess a pair of lens capable of creating concentrated beams of electricity so potent that it creates ozone as a byproduct (hence the chlorine smell). It is an Aterlier Weapon created by ImpulseWorks much like her sisters'. This electrical beam is her primary method of attacking, although it is considered to be inferior to her sister's weapons.

 

Stats

    Moon    
   

Res
Electric Eye >

Soul Rank: Incandescent | Atelier: Nil

   
LEVEL : 200 ORIGIN : Demi-Human

HP : 50,000

ATT : 2,000 MAG ATT : 2,000
ATT DEF : 2,000  MAG DEF : 2,000 MP : 20,000 RESIST : 100 AGI : 55

 

< ACTIVE >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION
Electric Eye V
Hypercharged Field V
Galvanic Current V
Electric Lance V
Static Defense V
Matching Current V
Ionizing Shell V
Pack Leader V Electric Sensitivity V
Detection V
Telescopic Sight V

 

< PASSIVE >

OFFENSIVE DEFENSIVE SUPPORT EXPLORATION

Ionizing Gaze V

     

 

< ABILITIES >

Moon | Serum S (Galvanic Blood) | Serum H | Charged Blood Tether | Jesters! | Atelier Eye
[collapse]

c823obc.pngNiIVezw.pngMcQ674I.png

Spoiler

WIP

[collapse]

342EExO.pngrJbYF1C.pngPrg43W6.png

Spoiler

WIP

[collapse]

S7EmDlo.pngSPToVc4.png

Spoiler

WIP

[collapse]

Fan-Service Gallery

Spoiler

Flexing Ber

Thicc_Ber.png

Head-Maid Res

Yay_res.png

Can you guess who is who?

CerBerRes.png

Mini Frost/Innocent x Jury

Mini_Frost_X_Jury.png

Jury x large-chested Frost

Frost_X_Jury.png

Pouting Innocent

Stupid.png

Smug Innocent

Smug_Innocent.png

Chibi Innocent Grinning

Chibi_Primitive_Frost.png

Mini Frost Discord Emotes/Clip Arts

Smug_Approve.png

Yee.pngCute_double_thumbs_up.png

[collapse]
Subject to constant change!


6QEFjsc.pngzUNpgKc.png8cwKDIj.pngS8uX05M.pngvA693tv.pngbdggVco.pngj2Y9yS2.pngM2fvkQz.png

219