Chapter 5. Home Sweet Home
3.6k 7 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing dealing with the robbers’ invasion, I finally return home.

As for the robbers, they were caught by the adventurers, they became crime slaves and were sold off to slave traders.

The money from selling them was divided equally among all passengers 

Even though I helped them most with my skill but of course I am not going to tell anyone about my godly skills, so I remained silent, anyway I don't need their pitiful amount of money. Anyway, I already made my profits. 

“Oh! Welcome back Myne, did you get any good skills? ”

Edgar, the town gatekeeper said after seeing me, since it's my daily routine to go to the forest for hunting, so every time I leave the town I meet him and we exchange some words with each other, he is quite a nice guy.

“Yes, somehow I was able to,” I said while shaking his head.

“I see that’s good, I hope now you do not run around the forest like a ghost every day.”

“So when are you going to give me a party, Edgar asked shamelessly just after saying two good words.”

Okay, I take my words back, he is not a good guy, he just wants to take advantage of every possible situation where he can make a profit, even if he has to ask a 15-year-old orphan. 

But Myne is not angry because of this, anyway, this is how this world work, and the town gatekeeper's monthly payment is not that high, just enough to say that they are richer than a farmer. 

So of course they have to find other ways to get money, Myne thought in his mind but the smile on his face never left.

“When I have enough money I will take you best bar in town and you can drink until you pass out, that's my promise”, Myne said with a friendly smile

After that, before Edgar could say anything, he entered the town and headed toward his home.

While walking Myne looked at Edger's status that he get after he use【Appraisal・Complete】 on him.

[ Name: Edgar Munsell.

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 24 Years Old

Occupation: Town gatekeeper 

【Skill】

Two-handed Spear・Sacred

Etiquette

Iron Wall ]

Wow, this money thief really has quite nice skills. 

He has 【Two-handed Spear・Sacred 】.

Moreover, he also has Iron Wall which is a strong defensive type skill, Myne Heard about this skill quite a lot.

【Iron Wall】: Instant type defensive skill. After using the Host's entire body defensive power rises three-fold for 2 minutes. A cooldown time of 30 minutes is necessary after every usage.

Oh, three times defense power, huh. 

Edgar skill is good at both attacking and defending. But if he has skills like that which give him both attack and defense, Then what the f*ck he is doing at the gate of a small town? he can just become an adventure and he can earn more money than his guard post monthly salary after completing just two or three missions at the adventures guild.

After seeing Edgar's skills, I turned back and looked at him like I was seeing the stupidest person in the world and I made an important decision that in the future that I rather not meet with him, this guy's brain has a problem.

After shaking my head with disdain, I throw away Edgar's matter out of my mind, since I have a more important matter to think about.

As for why I didn't steal his skills, that's because even though he is an idiot but he help me many times in the past, so remembering his little good deeds, I decided to let him go, anyway I have more than enough time to get good and I have not even try skills that I get from those robbers.

As I walk slowly on the town main road, I use the 【Appraisal・Complete】 skill non-stop, in order to level up this skill. 

by the way, it was quite interesting, as I can discover many skills about whom I never heard of before, people really know how to hide.

...............

My house is on the outskirts of the town, where not many people wanted to live, so this place is quite deserted.

My house is not a luxurious mansion or anything remarkable that I can say about it. It's just a normal two-story house that is made of wood and stone, Have a little garden in front, but because I didn't have time to take care of it, now in the garden there is nothing other than wide grass. On the backside, there is a training ground that my father builds to train me but now I train there alone. 

Inside the house, there is one main hall, one kitchen, two bedrooms, a storage room, a big bathroom for everyone to use, a study room that is hardly come to use, and a guest room that has not use for many years.

Originally I lived with my father and mother in this house and I have many good memory of the past with my parents in this house, but as people say, good times never last long. So now I live alone in this two-story house.

After I entered the house, I directly headed towards the bedroom and throw myself on my soft big bed.

Phew…… home sweet home. It's really an interesting day, not only I get super powerful skills but I also become rich enough that if I don't go to work the entire year, I still live like king, Myne thought while laying on the bed.  

Oh, yeah! I should appraise myself before I fall asleep.

[ Name: Myne

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 15 Years Old

Occupation: Apprentice Hunter

【Skill】

Appraisal・Complete

Inventory

Cut & Paste

Dagger・Extreme

Stealing hands・Extreme

Two-handed Blade

Swift Feet (Small)

Leg Strength Enhancement・Small

Sight Enhancement・Moderate

Needlework

Etiquette

Cooking

Art of Negotiation

Alchemy

Magic・Wind 

Money: [ Gold coins = 135 ] [ Silver = 97 ]

Cooking, Art of Negotiation and Alchemy. These three are none combat skills but can use to make money without risk.

Thinking about the future, these skills will be helpful for my plans, not as way as you think, I don't have any plans to open a restaurant and become a cook or alchemist, but I also need potions like healing potions and if I can how to make them I have one more way to make money.

……Now then, let’s think about what to do after this.

The first thing I can't let other people find out is that I can cut off other people's skills and make them mine. If they learn about this then no one can save me from a disaster.

After all, where everyone depends on their skills for their survival and one day someone just steals their skills without knowing, how can people don't become fearful and jealous. 

I better never talk about my skills to others.

 Only this way I can save myself and my future family from other people's greedy hands that I have to become powerful, powerful enough that no one can make trouble for me.

Now that I am determined to become strong, first I have to learn how to use my new skill properly. 

 Also, I can't join any adventure party because of my special skills, so it seems like I can only work solo if nothing unexpected happens, Myne thought before falling asleep.

78