Chapter 6. The Orc
4.3k 2 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next Morning.

Since I don't want others to know about my skills, so I decided that it's better if I continue my original work of hunting, until matters related to this year's Awakening cool down.

 Anyway, after people know what they want to know and when they finally stop talking about other people's matters like “I head that Luna son get combat type skill, and she wanted to make him town guard so he doesn't put his head in any kind of dangerous job like Olga son, who dies just 3 days after becoming an adventure” this kind of gossips is now main material for every household after dinner in the town.

Most of the skills that I took from a robber are related to combat, which I can make perfect use in hunting and let other people know that I don't have anything remarkable to care about.

【Dagger・Extreme】【Swift Feet・Small】【Sight Enhancement・Moderate】【Leg Strength Enhancement・Small】, if I can make good use of them, I’d be able to hunt most of the animals without any problems in this area.

With these new skills, I can probably get nice prey and I can also train my skill in the forest without anyone knowing, just like my father always said: ( Mother nature is the best source of our power if you want to become powerful just come in wildlife and let's nature teach you.)

Sometimes father also said quite good words, he probably learn this from mother, Myne thought while eating. 

Since mother teaches me everything that she knows, so of course, she also teaches me about cooking and I know every recipe that she knows, by the way, she doesn't know many recipes, she can only make ten types of normal dishes that anyone in this town can make easily, what did you expect from a noblewoman? that she can make good foods, not a chance.

So most of the time it was the father's duty to make food, as for me and mother. We just eat silently while giving father some compliments so he can make something new and interesting.

 As for why father doesn't teach me cooking because some worthless women said something bad to mother and make false rumors about father since he made food in our house, even though after hearing rumors mother has beaten those women until they start caring and begging mercy but after this incident, she started learning cooking and she also drag me down in this as well.

 But because of this for the last 6 years, I never had a problem related to food, this is also the reason for my overage well built muscular body. 

Ah, something is not right, I made this vegetable soup with meat and white bread more than hundreds of times but why is it taste so good today? Myne thought with confusion. 

Suddenly a thought comes to my mind, so this is because of my new skill 【cooking】.

 No wonder that I felt its teste different today, cooking skills made food tastier than usual.

Okay, now I have to train my cooking skill and increase it's levels, so I can eat more delicious food.

.....

Since I woke up quite early in the morning when the sky is still dark, so I can complete my hunting before the temperature becomes too hot, even though it's quite a pain in the ass to wake up early in the morning but forest in afternoon become too hot because of damp, that I can hardly open my eyes, let's not talk about finding prey.

I equipped a leather breastplate, gauntlet, and shin guards. I also affixed a dagger for dismantling monsters on my hip. I put my bow and arrows with all other useful and precious things in the Inventory, my safest place. 

I also put away my all old savings in the Inventory as well, even though they are not much just 790 silver coins and 578 copper coins, this is quite embarrassing to say but I didn't have a single gold coin in my savings.

Usually, I would set up all kinds of traps for small monsters like red ear rabbits or horn boars for extra income but not today. Today I want to use my new skills for hunting and my main target is mutton sheep.

Although mutton sheep isn’t a fast monster, but due to its sharp pointy horns and coupled with its sleep attack power that can make a hole in a big tree easily, it is a troublesome creature. 

That why till today this is only novice monster that I can't kill, but today is that fateful day when those motherf*ckers going to die in my hand, Myne thought with full of spirit, while imagery fire burning in his eyes, like a curtain watermelon haircut guy who likes to wear green cloth while saying “Let the power of youth explode in you.”

However everything has a bad and good side, exactly because mutton sheep is troublesome to obtain, that's why it sold at high prices.

Even though the meat has a peculiar flavor, and tests also weren't that great but its horns, hoofs, and other materials from his body, can be sold at high prices.

If I could hunt one or two mutton sheep, then I will probably make a good profit.

My preparations are finished, and after locking the house, I left for the nearby forest through the shortcut that take me directly to the town exit with a little amount of time. 

The gatekeeper has changed, huh. I have never seen him before, it seems like he is new on this post, while I am thinking he starts looking at me and just when I cross him he said “Quite early aren’t you boy, be careful recently the forest is not that safe.

 I will, thanks for your concern, Myne said with a smile.

He seems a nice guy but what his mean that the forest is not safe? But when I wanted to ask him more about the forest's current situation, I saw that he already closed his eyes, he doesn't look like he wanted to talk anymore.

 Why do I always meet those kinds of weird people? Myne thought while walking toward the forest, as for the gatekeeper's warning, since there is no official statement about the forest being dangerous than that should not be a big deal.

After making enough distance from the town entrance, I use my new skill 【Swift Feet・Small】for the first time.

On the road that leads to the forest, I start running two times faster than my normal speed, while running I can feel the power of my new skill, not only I can run more smoothly with little consumption of my stamina but even after running so long I still didn't feel any heaviness in my breathing.

What a magical skill, Myne thought, With the use of 【Swift Feet・Small】, in a blink of an eye, he arrived at his destination.

After entering the forest I start looking for my prey with caution without making any noise.

Soon I saw a pair of red-colored long ears behind the bush.

[ Name: Red-Ear Rabbit

Race: Rabbit Family

Gender: Male

【Ability】

None ]

Even though it is not the mutton sheep I’m looking for, but a normal red ear rabbit, who was always been my best source of income.

...hmm? Wait a minute what is this? A word I have never seen or heard before?

Ability? Do monsters also have skills?? When this happened, how can I never hear about this, Myne thought confusedly.

【Ability】:A unique skill that is based on a monster physique. Generally more powerful than Hume's skills but can't level up easily.

…… Based on the explanation it seems like they're monster-exclusive skills.

Since it says that monster's ability is based on their ‘physique’, then even if I steal those abilities for myself, I probably can’t use them.

Although most of the time I hunt my prey with the bow but now since I have close combat skills, then monster like red ear rabbit is practice buddy for me.

I held my dagger and walked toward the red ear rabbits slowly.

The red ear rabbit noticed me and leaped towards me with naked fury visible in his eyes like he had just gotten beaten by his wife and now, he hurriedly wanted to vent frustrations on someone!

l activated my both【Leg Strength Enhancement・Small】and,【Sight Enhancement・Moderate 】 skills for more agility.

 After using【Sight Enhancement・Moderate 】, I can see red ears rabbit upcoming attack without any problems, so I dodged his attack easily, and stuck out my dagger on her back.

I could feel the dagger slice through the red ear rabbit’s flesh. The red ear rabbits after getting a critical hit let out a loud scream before rolling on the ground with a bloodstained body.

Do red-ear rabbits always so weak, it feels like I just bully a child, Myne thought while looking at seriously wounded red ear rabbits, he is still breathing, trying to stand up, even though he might die any moment.

Seeing the red ear rabbit's unnecessary struggle, I raised the dagger overhead and stabbed it into his heart. Just like that, I defeated a red ear rabbit so easily that I am having a debut in my intelligence since in order to catch these monsters he has set up all kinds of traps in the entire forest.

Just when I was about to use my【Cut】skill to disassemble the red ear rabbit. I saw that the red ear rabbit's body suddenly vanished from his place. 

This sudden change in the event left me completely speechless that I can't even react even after 2 minutes.

What's going on? Which montherf*cker steal my prey and how the hell he did do this, I thought angrily while looking at places where red ear rabbits corpse suddenly disappear on its own? 

After investigating around and without finding any clue, I close my eyes and start thinking about the entire situation.

This is the first time that something like happened and this is not normal.

The way the red ear rabbit's body vanished seemed quite familiar, it looks like I saw this somewhere before, as I said this to myself, I suddenly remember one of my skills.

Oh yes, The Inventory.

Every time I use Inventory, before my things transfer in Inventory there was always a small white light shining on them, just like how the forest rabbit corpse shines a little before it's vanished.

After that, I hurriedly open my Inventory and saw the corpse of a red ear rabbit inside one of the storage boxes.

So it means that if I kill someone, then his body automatically transfers to the Inventory.

I don't know what more surprise my original skills will give me, Myne thought with a smile.

This function is also quite good and it works the same as a storage bag but is more advance, in a storage bag you have to touch that item first before you can put it in. 

So even if someone saw a dead body suddenly vanishing in front of them, they just think that this will be some high-grade storage bag. so I don't have to worry about Inventory this function.

Just when I was about to close the Inventory I saw that below the circle symbol that allows me to go inside the Inventory, there is a new symbol formed of two knives in cross style continually shining. 

Without hesitation, I click on the symbol and I saw that body of the forest rabbit automatically disassembled perfectly, all of the red ear rabbit's body parts were cut without any single waste and placed in different boxes.

So this symbol can disassemble dead bodies without any waste, huh, this function is quite powerful, after all in the progress of disassembling dead monsters, some parts of their body always damage and lost their value, this was also the reason that most of powerful hunter or adventurers bring powerful and Precious monsters entire body with them and sold it in one piece.

Now, let’s look for my main target.

.....................

After wandering for nearly half an hour in the forest like a ghost and slaying two more red ear rabbits, I still can't find my main target.

Those f*cking sheeps before when I didn't want to meet them, they always come in my way to make trouble but today when I finally wanted to meet then, I can't see their shadow, where the hell those damn sheeps go?

While I was still thinking that where can find those damn sheeps, I saw a big black silhouette standing from afar.

The first thing that comes to my mind after seeing this big black silhouette is that I hit a Jackpot.

Finally found you, Myne thought while walking toward the giant mutton sheep slowly.

Wait a minute why is that mutton sheep look so big and when did they learn to stand on two feet?

Something is not right, Myne thought and hurriedly use 【Sight Enhancement・Moderate】.

After using 【Sight Enhancement・Moderate】Myne clearly saw a green two-meter tall muscular body under a giant tree.

Is that an Orc? Myne thought while rubbing his eyes, in order to confirm that he doesn't have an illusion. Otherwise, what is an intelligent monster like Orc ( not much Intelligent but smarter than the 5-year-old child ) doing in this deserted area of the forest? 

After all, this place is closed to the town so, of course, people have already taken away every valuable resource in this area.

That's why there are only red ear rabbits and mutton sheep live here since they eat grass, and people in the town can't eat grass, other than those two species there are no other monsters found here.

Also because of this reason that those guruppis sold so well, after all, you can't find them in this area, so their demand is quite high.

An orc is a humanoid monster from “Demon Race”.

They have atrocious physical strength, possessing really tough skin, he’s a considerably troublesome fellow.

Since They are different from other species because like goblins they are also famous for kidnapping women and raping them in order to increase their propulsion.

Frankly, I had never seen an Org before but I heard quite a lot about them from adventures. 

Most of the Org have a high temper, and low IQ, they can easily get fooled, they like beautiful Hume women rather than Org females for sex.

 I don't know if I even have a chance if I fight with this guy, Myne thought while hiding behind a bush and use Appraisal on the Org.

[ Name: Orc

Species: Demon Race

Gender: Male

【Skill】

Strong Arm

【Ability】

Roar ]

Huh, he has both Skill and Ability!

As expected he is on a completely different level than other monsters.

With my physical strength, I don’t think that my dagger can even pierce through his rock-hard muscular skin.

But before I make any decisions, it's better if I steal his skill, it looks quite strong, Myne thought while rubbing his hands like a professional businessman.

As for the Ability, since I can't use it then let's paste it on the tree over there.

Now let's Appraisal, my new baby.

【Strong Arm】:Voluntarily activated type Skill, it’s activated on one’s desired timing. When used, one’s arm strength will be doubled for 10 seconds.A cooldown of 30 minutes is required before using it again.

This is a good skill, although it has a long cooldown time but still it's a powerful skill.

Now since I have one more powerful skill, and that Org also lost his skill and ability, so I wonder if it's possible to kill that big guy, Myne thought seriously.

Let's give it a try, Myne decides after seeing that the profit overweight the loss.

Afterall the Orc entire body is a walking treasure trove, for a low-level hunter like me but for safety reasons it might be better if I use a long-range attack, rather than fighting in close combat

After that Myne took out a bow and arrow from his Inventory and was ready to take action when he suddenly remembered something.

Oh shit! How can I forget about my magic skill, I thought while slapping on my head and again putting away his bow and arrow.

Since I never come into contract with magic, of course, it's quite hard to remember something like this, magic is still an unimaginable thing for me, that's why I almost forgot about this skill.

Okay, let's do that, Myne said after taking a deep breath. 

After that he slowly went behind the Orc, who is still standing in his place like a Sculpture, only God knows what he doing there.

Eat this you green potato, Myne said after Orc come in his skill attack range.

【Magic・Wind】.

While cutting off the twigs of the bushes which were on the way. the invincible one-meter-long wind blade shot from Myne's hand and flew towards the orc.

〈Gya?〉

The noise of the twigs from the bushes being cut was heard by the orc, and he turned his head toward the noise with a confused expression.

But before he could know what going on, one meter-long wind blade splendidly hit him on his shoulder with super high speed.

〈Guoooooo–!!〉

The injured Orc let out a loud scream that can make most of the people in the town pee in their pants after hearing it.

But after using just one magic attack, my body suddenly started to feel tired like I had just done a heavy workout, and if I use the magic attack one more time, then I can't walk for some minutes because of exhaustion.

It seem like magic skill consume too much of my energy, Myne thought while using both【Leg Strength Enhancement・Small】and【Swift Feet ・Small】and immediately leaped to the orc’s chest with all his strength.

While Orc is still in pain and crying in his weird language, I use the 【Strong Arm】skill that I took from him, and cut up his huge stomach in one go with the dagger.

The orc writhing in pain flailed its arms but

I took a step back hurriedly, and once again activated 【Magic・Wind】.

With the little distance between us, the wind blade directly hit his neck and cleanly cut off his head from the neck.

The Orc's big head falls on the ground with eyes open widely, and soon after that his 2-meter green body also falls on the ground while buring Orc scary face under his muscular chest.

Just as the Orc body falls to the ground, Myne also sits down on the ground while panting heavily.

Soon after some second the orc body automatically vanished from his place and appear in Myne Inventory.

Myne nodded his with satisfaction after seeing the Orc body in his Inventory, and with a click, he disassembled the orc body completely.

I come here for mutton sheep but hunt down an Orc, even if I say this to anyone, no one going to believe in me, Myne said himself with a smile while laying on the ground.

This is the first time I even fight someone as powerful as an orc. my heart still beating like a drum. This was my life's most exciting but dangerous fight.

If father was alive and knows about this, he is probably ashamed to say himself a professional hunter.

But now, I just hope that there are no monsters in this area, otherwise, I will probably be in a great trouble, Myne thought while waiting to recover his lost energy.

76