Chapter 7. Selling The Orc
3.3k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Hello everyone, I am really sorry, that I didn't post a chapter yesterday. That's because today was my exam and like every hard-working student, I also like to read one day before exam's, so I don't have much time to post this chapter.

But I promise that, now I won't delay any chapter and will post new chapter every two days like always.

Thanks for reading my work. <( ̄︶ ̄)> ]

What a great way to start a day, I just get my skills yesterday and today I kill an Orc, If people know about it, then probably a long line of people will appear in front of my house in just a matter of some days, Myne thought while walking toward the town.

Even though I hardly recovered some of my lost energy but now the forest is too dangerous to stay in one place and take a rest.

I think that's the danger the new town gatekeeper said about, but how can forest inspection teams doesn't find out about the Orc? After all, Orc is quite lively monsters, wherever they go, they are so much disturbance and trouble that even the capital city knows that Orcs appear in a certain region, Myne thought with a frown.

Thank god's that I have a skill that can improve my sight, otherwise if I carelessly walk in front of the Orc, then I probably become that Orc's morning breakfast.

But thanks to this event, I find out a good and safe way to get more powerful skills.

Now I don't have to take risks while stealing other people's skills. 

After all, if I steal too many people's skills, and when they found out that they can't use their skills, then, of course, this will attract some unwanted people's attention in this matter and one day someone will probably find out that every time someone loses their skill, I am always present there, and with all kind weird skills that people's have in the world, they will currently find out about me.

You should never underestimate people's greed.

Now if I think about it, if I want to get more powerful skills, then being a hunter is not going to work, since I hardly know anything about monsters.

If I continue as a hunter, I will only encounter those normal monster that doesn't even have the ability, let's not talk about skill. 

Naturally, if I can't get more powerful skills then my growth will also be affected by this. 

So how the hell I am going to find them and steal their skills without sufficient information? Myne thought angrily.

I looked like I can only join the adventure guild.

Adventure guilds provide all kinds of information, as long as you have enough money but in some special cases, you also need status.

But, if I became an adventurer, not only guild will give me some common information for free but they also provide missions to adventurers and as an adventurer, you also have the right to know everything about the mission from the guild. 

So while doing guild mission not only I can make money but can also kill all kinds of monsters and steal their skills, Myne thought, while using his skill to run since they don't consume too much energy like Magic skill and he already recovered enough to reach the town.

Even though I went deeper into the forest than usual in order to hunt mutton sheep but with the help of skills, in the blink of an eye, I run out of the forest and arrived at the entrance of Lucas town.

The new gatekeeper was still standing on his place with closed eyes and looked like he is sleeping.

Myne just looked at him a little bit and walked into the town. Myne has no intention to tell those lazy guards that today he finds an Orc near the town. Because of their laziness, if he doesn't have powerful skills, then now he might be having a reunion with his parents in heaven. Since they can't do their job properly, then why the F*ck does he care about it.

After that, I headed straight towards the usual butcher old man.

Yes, he is the one who gives me the wrong information about Strom rabbit. Although he is a good person, and that was also what I thought till today but that was a big mistake. By the way, He is also one of my father's old friends but he has a great problem, he likes to listening gossip and rumors too much like women.

The Butcher old man looks like 50 years old man, with fat all over on his body, he also has a big jelly-like stomach. He has black short hair, brown eyes, a wild beard, 2-meter height, and a pig-like ugly face that can easily scare children, rumours say that if you unexpectedly see him in the middle of the night, then the only thought that comes to your mind is that "Ohh shit! when did pigs started to walking on two legs?".

All in all, if you compare him to a normal person then he is just 2 levels above from ugliest man in Lucas's town, and this is also because he is rich.

[ Name: Booj

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 47 y/o

Occupation: Butcher, Pro Merchant.

Title: Gossips lover.

【Skill】

Small Enhancement ( Small )

Art of Negotiation ]

Huh? Does he also have a title?? Myne thought in surprise.

“Ahh! Myne, my boy, good morning, how was your day, Booj said, after seeing that I was walking towards him.

But I don't answer his questions and just took out my dagger and throw it toward Booj with all my strength ( without skills ).

Seeing the dagger coming in his direction, Booj Immediately looking something to stop it, since he knows that if he didn't do something, then he will probably not have a good night's sleep for many days.

Just as the dagger was 5 meters away from him, Booj grabbed a wooden plank from the counter and use it as a shield, while successfully saving his jelly-like big tummy.  

Although Booj looked like a big fat pig, but I heard that in his younger days, he was also a fighter, who fight for his living. so of course, he has some battle experience.

“Kid, so are you finally lost your mind? that's why I always used to say, that you should have to come with me to learn, how to enjoy life, but you never listen to me, now look at you, you attacking this old mam without any reason,” Booj said while putting wooden plank to its place.

“The first thing is that it's afternoon now not morning and second, what, do you mean without reason, Thanks to you old man, 3 days ago I almost lost my life from storm rabbits, and now you are asking me a reason?” Myne said while taking back his dagger from the wooden plank.

“What! then why don't I remember anything about this?” Booj said while making little distance between himself and Myne.

I sat down at the counter table and start telling him all the story about the Strom rabbit incident.

After wiping fake sweat from his forehead Booj said with a frown, “but that adventure said that he defeat a Strom Rabbit with just one attack.”

“And what was the level of your this so-called adventurer?” Myne asked while rolling up his shirtsleeves and a cross-shaped vein seen clearly on his forehead.

“I think he was a C-Rank adventurer,” Booj said but after seeing Myne, he already know that if he didn't do something, then today no one save him from a nice beating.

“Old man are you lost your mind, even after knowing that I didn't even awaken my skills, you still tell me half story,” Myne said angrily while grabbing Booj from his collar.

“Sorry, Myne, it's all my fault okay, how about this. As an apology for all this incident, everything you sell me for the next two days, I will buy at the doubled price.”

“We'll since, you are apologizing so sincerely, then deal. I accept your apology,” Myne said without hesitation, while releasing Booj's collar.

Mission accomplished, Myne said in his mind, in order to get compensation from Booj for the last incident, he did all this drama so he can make some extra profit.

Why does it's feel like something is not right, Booj thought and asked, “So, what do you want to sell today.”

“By the way, Today I have something special for you,” Myne said while putting his hand into the storage bag so others think that he taking out something from his storage bag and start taking out the meat of both red ear rabbits and Orc from his Inventory, and placed them on top of the counter one by one. 

“…… Huh? oi kid is that's orc meat??”

“Yes, that’s right. With the skills that I was awakened yesterday, I somehow managed to defeat an Orc.”

“Wait a minute, but where did you find the Orc? Booj asked hurriedly.”

This kind of question Myne already predict even before entering the town, so he doesn't even blink while saying in Booj's ear, “listen, now I am going tell you a super secret, so remembered not to say  anyone about it.”

“Today when I go to the forest for hunting, for some reason, I didn't find any prey for a long time, so I decided to walk in the center of the forest, and when I reached there I saw a heavily injured Orc, who was just some moments away from last breath. So I waited and soon he kicked the bucket and die without peace but that was not my problem, so after that, I shot some arrows on him and when I confirmed that he is really dead, I took advantage of the opportunities and hurriedly dismantled him. After taking away everything precious and useful on him, I returned to the town.”

“I think he have a big fight with some other monsters and run away towards our town after being heavily injured, Myne said with a serious face.”

I should try to write a book, after all my imagination is completely different level than my other skills, Myne thought in his mind.

Booj after hearing Myne's story thought a little and said while making a not-so-good-looking smile, “Yes, I also think that he run towards our town by mistake, otherwise if there are Orcs in the forest then forest inspection teams have long been known about it.”

Myne nodded his head to Booj's statement, and he even gives some compliments to the forest inspection teams that good they work but in his mind, he is abusing the forest inspection team's seven generations.

“If every kingdom has people like the forest inspection team, then I guess demons would have dominated this world long ago.”

“But still, you did good work kid, not many people can stay in one place and look at the situation clearing after seeing an Orc, most of the people pee in their pants after seeing them,” Booj said while laughing but jealousy can clearly be seen on his face.

“Seriously?! I see so you finally become an adult huh, kid. To be able to defeat an orc by himself, it's seem like have gotten some nice skills.”

I can clearly see jealousy in his eyes towards my skills but what can he do about that, it's not like have 【Cut & Paste】skill.

As for why he didn't ask anything about my skills, that's because generally, it is a courtesy not to ask about other's skills, and asking about it can easily make the other party unhappy. 

Even though most of the people doesn't ask about other people's skills but there are also some cases when someone joins an adventures party or do some mission with a team they have to tell other about their skill in order to make a so-called perfect team fighting plan, that never works well and there is also peoples who like tell others about their skill to gain publicity like King or almost every noble in the kingdom, or every common person, when he something good, he will tell everything about his skills, you just have to say some good words to him and that's it.

While thinking those things, I finally take out all the meat that I intend to sell, Orc meat that I wanted to sell to Booj is not even half of its original quantity.

By the way, Orc meat is very expensive of want to buy, because not only does Orc meat contain magic energy that is quite useful for our body but its tastes are exceptionally good and there are not many supplies of Orc meat on market, since not many people can kill a healthy Orc. 

One more reason why I didn't sell even half of the Orc meat, that's because I wanted to give some of the Orc meat to my big sis Maya.

“Hmm, you’re really good at dismantling, kid, your Orc meat Weight is 60kg and by the way, in order to celebrate your adulthood, I give you 10% more money for this trade.”

While saying such, Booj took out some coins from his Dirty pant pocket and handed them to me.

“Here you 5 gold and 50 silver coins.”

Myne who already considered himself a rich young man, of course, he didn't put this little amount of money in his eyes. He just nodded lazily and put away coins in his pocket.

Seeing how careless Myne is with money, that he doesn't even count them, Booj frowns a little but didn't say anything, after that he starts arranging all meat that Myne just sold him.

But what Booj doesn't know was that, just as he started his work, an evil smile appear on Myne's face.

This f*cking old man has given me a lot of trouble in past, now it's time to settle all old accounts with interest, Myne thought and opened his Inventory and use his one and only gold digger skill stealing hand on Booj.

By the way, although Booj looks like a normal butcher shop owner, who you might think a poor ghost but in reality, he is listed as the most money-making person in Lucas Town.

So without any hesitation, I continually use 【Stealing hands・Extreme】on Booj, who is placing orc meat in boxes that are filled with ice, while using stealing hand, the only thing I am thinking about is gold coins since I didn't want to see his dirty and smelly underwear.

After using stealing hand at least around 13 times on Booj and only after I felt that nothing related to gold was left on Booj, did I stop.

After that, I hurriedly said goodbye to Booj and left for the alchemist shop, because I know that it's will not take a long time before Booj find out that someone has rob him in broad daylight.

While walking towards the alchemist shop, I opened my Inventory with full of excitement, since not only did I finally take my revenge on Booj but I also rob one of the richest people in the town.

[ Money: Gold Coins ( 502 ), Silver Coins ( 88 )]

OMG! I stole nearly 350 gold coins from Booj. No wonder people called him golden piggy, he probably made tons of money daily, otherwise who the hell put 350 gold coins in his pocket?

He probably doesn't trust his people, that is why he keeps all the money to himself.

By the way, what kind of face does Booj make, when finding that someone has robbed him without him knowing, I hope he doesn't have a heart attack, Myne thought with big smile plaster on his face.

75