Chapter 13. The Adventurer Guild
2.8k 5 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{ Hello Everyone Before You Start Reading, I Want To Say A Big “Thank you” to ‘Hedgeboar’ Who Send Me A Little Support On My ‘Patreon Page’ Yesterday, Which Give Me More Confidence, That People Like My Work. So Thank You All For Reading My Work.

Happy Reading (。•̀ᴗ-)✧}

After coming home, the first thing Myne did is take of cloth from his face so he takes a clear breath.

F*ck, finally I come home, Myne said while breathing heavily.

Only he knows how hard it was for him to come home from the Big Sis Maya shop and that was not because of injuries that he have a problem coming home but he have problems on way because of the town people. Since this damn town is too small and particularly every old guy or lady who lives in the town knows everyone biodata like they spend most of the time together, and funny thing is that he never meet them before.

So when he left Big Sis Maya's shop and walked toward my home, an old man around 36 years of age, who is sitting in his fruit shop without any work, after seeing me, hurriedly come out from his shop and said, Excuse me, “sir, can I ask you a question?”

First I didn't take this seriously and said hurriedly, “What do you want to ask uncle, please say it quickly I am in hurry.”

But after hearing my voice, like a professional detective, he immediately knows that my age is not much, and seeing that my clothes were also not much expensive and just normal looking, he come to the conclusion that I am probably a local resident of this town. After confirming that his confidence increases like he is talking with his son, not with a strange. So he put his one arm around my neck like we are the best buddy who had not met for many years, and said, “young man, today's weather is already so hot, then why have you wrapped this cloth around your face? Don't you have trouble taking a breath?? If you have any problem then tell me, young man, I will do my best to solve your problem, you can believe me.”

Myne who long since become speechless after seeing how shameless is this old man, not only does he stop a strange on the middle road in so much heat, but he also acts like an old friend? And asking about his problem for no reason?? 

“Uncle, you don't have any work to do right?” Myne asked while controlling his anger.

“Sigh, you are right young man, as you see this is the most boring time of day when customers hardly come to buy anything, and I also don't have any company with whom I can spend my time,” the Old man said with a sad face.

“So you stop me because you don't have anyone to talk to,” Myne asked.

“Yes, yes, how do know that Old man asked surprisingly,” clearly he has some problem with his brain.

“Old man if you don't want to get beaten then quietly take off your arm from my shoulder and f*ck off, Myne said slowly while rising his hand in which a small green light starts shining continually.

After hearing Myne's words, the first old man becomes angry, that how can Myne say those kinds of words to senior citizens, and he is just asking about his problem as a senior so he can help him, but when he saw the green light on Myne palm, sweat starts appearing on his forehead as he realized that he kicked an iron plate, clearly he doesn't expect that Myne knows magic.

“Hahaha, Sir, if you don't want my help then just say it, you don't need to become angry because of me, by the way, it seems like my wife is calling me, so now I have to go, and if you want to buy fruits then please come to my shop, I will give you a good discount as I waste your time,” Old man said with a smile while slowly walking backward.

And this kind of thing does not end here, after walking a little farther from that shameless old man, an old lady that looks like 50 years old comes out of her house and asked the same question as that fruits shop old man. 

After escaping from that old lady, I meet three more those types of people who don't have any work to do and only know how to make other people's life difficult. Those types of people are more dangerous than any monsters, at least you can escape from monsters and after leaving their boundary zone they also stop troubling you but those kinds of people are present everywhere, and unless you left this world or start living alone in a place where no one other than you live, that clearly not possible for a normal person, you can never get rid of them.

“Now my head is also hurting because of all those shitty people,” Myne said while rubbing his forehead.

After that Myne took out a low-grade healing potion from his Inventory that cost him 10 silver coin and drank it without any hesitation.

I hope those injuries heal with this low-grade healing potion otherwise I have but middle-grade healing potions, Myne thought while walking toward his bedroom.

.....

Next morning.

Yesh!!! My all injuries are healed completely, but how did this happen? I don't think that low-grade healing potions have enough power to heal my entire body within one day, and I have drunk low-grade healing potions many times before and know their effect very well, it will take around two hours to heal a small cut on the finger, so let's not talk about healing my entire body within one day. It seems like this is the work of Big Sis Maya potions, and here I thought that, that potions only lessened my pain but it seems like that potion take time to show it's full effect, I should buy some of those potions from Big Sis Maya, Myne thought while nodding his head.

After that Myne took out some Orc meat from Inventory and cooked it in teppanyaki-style and garnished the salad with nobuchu leaves and vegetables.

Thanks to his cooking skill, within some half an hour his little healthy breakfast become ready.

Come to think of it, yesterday was really quite a surprising day, not only did I lose my virginity but I also find out why big bro Jin was afraid so much for Big Sis Maya, she really becomes quite scary when she is angry, Myne thought while eating his breakfast, he still felt chill all over on the body when he thinks about it.

I should never make her angry again, Myne thought while making his life's most important decision.

But yesterday's incident also reminded me of one thing, that I need some defense and healing type skills, if I have those two skills with me then I might don't have to sleep on my stomach, it seems like today I have to go adventure guild, so I can become an adventure and start doing mission. Only this way I can find different kinds of monsters quickly, Myne thought seriously.

.....

[ Adventurer’s Guild ]

It includes not just in the Kingdom of Augusta, in which the Town of Lucas is located, and where Myne lives, but also in other countries as well, and this is a for-profit organization that exists in practically every town.

A few centuries ago, there existed a hero who for the sake of subjugating monsters efficiently, called out to people who were bestowed battle-oriented skills, and an organization that gathered these people was formed.

With the flow of time, that system was polished.

It is now changing into an existence that will provide information and build a network to raise the survival rate of adventurers, soldiers, and the like who fought against monsters and will support their lives by making it profit-based.

In each continent, country, town, etc., a branch is established, and every day it assists the registered adventurers.

The Adventurer’s Guild is basically open every day of the year and it operates in the morning, afternoon, night, and even midnight.

In the case of unexpected situations, they will take care of it immediately.

It is a for-profit organization, and though they are an independent business organization, basically they are in charge of the defense of the towns in which they are established.

On the surface, they receive requests to defend the town made by the head of the place where they are established, such as kings or lords of that area.

Of course, since it is a request, there is a reward.

Though, a large reward will only be given out when there is catastrophic damage at the level of the monster’s great invasion which happens a few times over the course of several years.

If there are no special situations like that, every month a fixed amount of money would be paid by the country or town, etc., and is reduced to a part of the reward for a request made to the adventurers.

A young man who has just come of age of becoming adventure paid a visit to such an Adventurer’s Guild.

Yes, that young man was Myne, who has a completely different thought about joining the adventure guild than any person that join the adventure guild at this date.

.....

So this is the Adventure Guild main building huh? They seem to spend quite a lot of money to make this kind of big building, Myne thought while standing in front of a three-story fantasy-looking building that was made with a mixture of wood and stone and also has a big old-fashioned symbol of ‘sword in front of shield’ on top of the building, this is probably logo of adventure guild.

When I entered the guild, the first thing I saw is a big hall, big enough that 300 people can easily enter in the hall together without any problems.

Half of the hall is field with sets of round tables with 4 chairs in it, that you can see any local Inn or restaurant.

On the front side of the hall have a long and big counter, divided into 3 different counters and every counter have a different beautiful looking lady as a worker, clearly seem like the adventure guild also didn't like to hire male worker, really too much discrimination with men, Myne thought while shaking his head.

I looked around so I can gather some information and find out which counter I should have to go for registration since every counter looked the same.

As I did that, I saw Keith, the poor C-rank adventurer who was on the same carriage as me when I am returning from the capital city after my awakening.

Besides him, I also saw other adventurers from that time, who seem like they are party members, what a sad life they have that their entire adventure party was made of men, not a single female member they have in their party.

Keith and the others were standing in front of a large board, that looked like a notice board with a serious face and their arms folded in front of their chest. It seems like they are looking for a good mission but they can't find that.

Since I am not familiar with them, so I just ignored them and walk toward a counter that have the shortest waiting line.

After waiting for 3 minutes two people standing in front of me complete their work and now it's finally my turn.

But just as the man standing in front of me moved away, I saw something or I say someone which made my mind blank for some second.

I stared at the counter girl with my eyes wide open and the only words that comes out from my mouth is "F*ck! So beautiful".

55