Chapter 19. The Blacksmith Shop
1.9k 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Name: Myne

LV: 7

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 15 y/o

Occupation: Apprentice hunter, F-Rank Adventurer.

【Skills】

Appraisal・Complete LV2 (3/200)

Inventory ( 50/500 )

Cut & Paste (9/200)

*Weapons Related:-

Dagger・Extreme (14/50),
Stealing hands・Extreme ( 23/50 ),
Two-handed Blade ( 0/50 ),
Axe ( 0/50 ).

*Body Enhancement:-

Swift Feet (Small) ( 22/50 ),
Strong Arm (Small) ( 10/50 ),
Leg Strength Enhancement ( Small ) ( 22/50 ),
Sight Enhancement (Small) ( 10/50 ).

*Magic Related:-

Magic・Wind ( 32/50 ),
Support Magic・Speed Reduction ( Small ) ( 14/50 ),
Support Magic・Sleep ( Small ) ( 8/50 ),
Support Magic・Stamina Recovery ( Small ) ( 0/50 ).

*Normal:-

Needlework ( 1/50 ),
Etiquette ( 0/50 ),
Cooking ( 5/50 ),
Art of Negotiation ( 2/50 ),
Alchemy ( 6/50 ).

[ Money: Gold Coins ( 500 ), Silver Coins ( 21 ) ]

……Eh? Why are there so many numbers in my status?? Myne thought with surprise and suddenly stop in the middle of the road.

I remembered correctly there was no number in my status when today morning I use appraisal skill on myself.

Huh! Wait a minute, when did my appraisal skill become level 2?? So those changes happened because my appraisal skill leveled up. So this means that those numbers behind my skills are probably their proficiency number that shows when my skills going to level up, Myne thought with a smile.

But why is there LV: 7 written under my name? what Is this LV means, I never heard about this. Just as Myne is thinking about what the LV word under his name means, a new screen appears in front of his eyes.

【LV】: Read as level. The digit shows the strength of the Host. The higher the number, the stronger Host will be. By defeating enemies, experienced will be obtained, and when a fixed amount of experience is accumulated, the level will rise. By raising the skill proficiency, the skill level will rise and every increase in skill level will make that skill more powerful.

So this LV / Level word under my name currently represents my all strength, Myne thought and hurriedly looked at a woman who was buying a long and thin eggplant from the vegetable shop and use his appraisal skill on her...

[ Name: Evelyn

LV: 1

Race: Hume

Gender: Female

Age: 29 years old

Occupation: House Wife,

【Skill】

Clothes Making.

No wonder she is buying eggplant so carefully, her husband probably doesn't give her time, and because she can't do anything about that, so need some other way to relieve her pressure, Myne thought while shaking his head, this is quite common things here, if a wife doesn't have the power to control their husband, then they start having affairs with other women.

After that, he use his appraisal skill on some more people and saw that most people are on level 1 and some old people who were a soldier or adventurers in their young days is around level 3 to 6. The highest level person he saw is level 12, he was a 30-year-old adventurer who has a good fire-type magic skill.

I think level 15 should be the highest level that I can see in Lucas Town, after all this town is a small undeveloped town, where most of the people hunt for a living. So finding a powerful person here is the same as finding hundreds of gold coins on the road, Myne thought and just as he was about to walk toward the blacksmith shop, he heard a voice from behind.

"Oy, Brat! why are you standing in the middle of the road like a statue? Move away, don't block the road."

Myne turn back and saw that a 35-year-old aunty and some random people are staring at him angrily like he steal their daughter from them.

"Sorry, Aunty, I am feeling a little dizzy, so I stop to take some breath, I am going now," Myne said and hurriedly run away from the crowd in order to avoid unnecessary trouble.

"Today's youth, they are become so weak, in my time, at his age I am working in mines, so we can eat something at night, but now they felt dizzy without doing anything, Aunty made a comment on Myne that no one takes seriously and walks away, she still has to scold her daughter in law for her mistakes.

...

Huu! That aunty clearly wasn't a good person, she looked at me like she wanted to beat me, even though the entire road was empty but no, she has to walk the same path as me, what a lout woman, she will probably die alone without any family, Myne thought while walking toward the blacksmith shop.

The blacksmith shop was located a short distance from the adventure guild and run by two twin brothers, in two parts. The elder brother Aiden, sells weapons, while the younger brother Ethan, all kind of sells armor.

Since tomorrow is my first day being an adventurer, and now I am not short of money, so I decided to buy some good equipment for the upcoming adventure.

First I come in front of the two-story weapons shop named ‘The Metal Petal’ owned by the elder brother Aiden, and if you are thinking that Aiden doesn't have sense in naming, then yes, you are right, he doesn't.

"Good afternoon," I shouted just after entering the shop, so Aiden can hear my voice.

"Wait a minute, I am coming," a loud voice comes from behind the shop where Aiden and his all workers made weapons, and soon a 2 meter well build muscular man with short black hair, blue eyes, and normal looking face with a wide smile plastered on it comes in front of me.

[ Name: Aiden

Level: 10

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 37 years old

Occupation: blacksmith

【Skill】

Forging LV7

Appraisal・ Metals LV6 ]

Oh, Aiden also have appraisal skill, but it seems like his appraisal skill only work on metals, Myne thought.

By the way, I visit this shop quite often and consider a regular customer. Before awakening, I always use a bow for hunting, so I need good arrows regularly, and since Aiden was a good friend of my father, so I am quite familiar with him.

“Ohh hoho, Look boys, who came to meet us? Our little Orc hunter,” Aiden said loudly, and just as he said 4 people's voices start coming out from the smithy ( a place where blacksmith made weapons.) as if they have long been waiting for his call.

"Ohh! Where is he," a 27-year-old man, who has a height of around 2.5 meters and looks like a giant in front of other people said after he comes into the shop running.

“Ahh, Myne, my best friend, how are you I heard that you kill an orc, you really know how to give me a surprise," the giant man said with a big smile after seeing Myne, he hurriedly come in front of Myne and put his one arm around his neck, like a real best friend.

"I am fine, Kofi," Myne said with a helpless smile.

Kofi is a normal-looking man with a 2.5-meter height, a muscular cooper-colored body, and short brown color hair and eyes. He is my time pass buddy. Kodi come to Lucas Town at 4 years of age and at that time he was quite a shy type of person, he rarely talks to anyone but because he have nice physic, so Aiden haired him as a helper.

One day for some reason Aiden made Kofi the manager of the shop, and that day only god know how unlucky was I am, I come here to buy some arrows and meet him. After seeing Kofi, I talk with him a little and become friends, and that was my life's worst mistake. Even though Kofi is a nice person but he is a big gold digger, if he was a girl then it is still acceptable but that f*cker is a 2.5-meter tall stingy guy, whom himself makes more money than me but always makes others spend money and himself never spend a single copper coin.

But just as other workers come into the shop and Aiden distracts a little, Kofi hurriedly takes his face beside Myne's ear and said in a slow voice, "Oye, Myne, do you have orc meat? I heard that you only sold a little bit of orc meat to the butcher old man, and don't even think of lying, if you did, then I will tell Big Sis Maya that you drink alcohol that day with me."

"Huh? But wasn't it you who force me to drink alcohol, and In that too I just drank a little bit and spit the rest of the alcohol on your face, because of its foul taste??" Myne said innocently.

"Even though you are talking right, but whom will Big Sis Maya trust more? An experienced and hard-working handsome man like me or an inexperienced young man like you??" Kofi said with an evil smile.

"Sigh, I knew I shouldn't have gone with you that day, not only your taste in alcohol is so bad but your character also wasn't good," Myne said while shaking his head but he still took out two 5 kg orc meat bags from his storage pouch ( Inventory).

"Ohh? Do you save this much for me?" Kofi said with stars in his eyes after seeing orc meat bags in front of Myne.

Just as Kofi hurriedly wanted to take both bags, Myne slapped on his one hand and said, "you can only take one, the second is for big bro Aiden."

"Okay," Kofi said with a big smile and after taking one meat bag from Myne, he hurriedly start running toward smithy like wolfs are chasing him.

Hehe, time for revenge, how can I let you eat so peacefully, Myne thought and said hurriedly, "Guys look, Kofi is running with orc meat."

"What! I know it, no wonder that fatty come here in so hurry, so he was behind the orc meat, guys hurry up catch him, otherwise, he will eat everything like last time," a random worker said.

F*ck You Myne, can't you keep your mouth shut for a while, now I have to share my delicious orc meat with those basterds, but only if they can catch me, Kofi thought and start running faster.

That gold digger run quite fast, Myne thought, and use appraisal on Kofi.

[ Name: Kofi

Level: 22

Race: Half giant / Half Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 27 years old

Occupation: blacksmith, Hunter.

【Skill】

Stone Skin ( Medium ) LV3

Strength Enhancement ( High ) LV4.

【Stone Skin】
Can make host skin hard as stone. Any attack on the host reduces to 30% but while the skill is running host movement speed reduces to 15%.

【 Strength Enhancement ( High )】Increase Host Strength by 3 fold for 30 seconds and after skill time runout, the host would feel an extreme level of pain over the allover body like thousands of ants biting at the same time.
Skill Cooldown Time: 30 Minutes ( Can only use 3 times a day. )

What the F*ck! I just said some moment ago that I can't find any person that has a level higher than 15, but now Kofi unknowingly become a super expert with a level around 22? But looking at Kofi's skills I should not be so surprised since both of his skills are super powerful, even though Kofi both skills have some restrictions but still, he is quite powerful, Myne thought after seeing Kofi's status.

No wonder he become a blacksmith just two months after starting working here, with the strength of a giant it was probably piece of cake for him to make weapons where most of the work depends on the blacksmith's strength and stamina, Myne thought while coming in front of Aiden and giving him second meat bag.

"You know sometimes, you really make me wonder that you are only 15 years old," Aiden said while accepting a meat bag from Myne.

"Haha, you don't have to feel jealous of my intelligence," Myne said shamelessly while rubbing his head with a big smile.

"So what is the price of your orc meat? I will pay for both meat bags, Aiden said while taking out his storage pouch, he decided that from now on he won't give Myne any compliments, Myne is too shameless for that."

"What are you talking about, I am not the type of guy who takes money from his friends, this is a gift from me, so just take it," Myne said with a frown.

"But still, I know that you work hard to get it, so if you don't want money then how will it be if I give a 50% discount on any next weapon that you buy," Aiden said with a smile.

"Sigh, Well, now you're saying so much then, Okay, I accept your this offer," Myne said while shaking his head.

"So what do you want to buy today," Aiden asked while placing his meat bags on the table.

"I want to buy a new super sharp dagger that can easily cut the orc skin like paper," Myne said after thinking for a while.

"Ohh, your requirement is quite high, I don't know if your little pocket can buy this kind of expansive weapon, by the way, what is your budget?" Aiden asked with a smile.

"Not much 30 gold coins," Myne said while making a fake proud expression on his face.

"It seems like you really make quite a lot of money recently," Aiden said and walk toward the strong room to bring a good dagger.

Even though I can buy an expansive weapon but Aiden is familiar with me and know very well how much money I make with hunting. So if I suddenly took out a large amount of money to buy a weapon, then he probably has doubt about my money source ( which is not worth saying, and if I did then till tomorrow morning half of the town peoples probably become my enemy. ) and who knows after seeing my money he became greedy and decide to do something bad behind my back? greed can make a normal person something that you can't imagine in your weirdest dream.

After all, if you saw that your friends who were poor till yesterday, and suddenly become rich, then you of course become jealous after seeing his wealth. So in order to not get unnecessary attention, Myne decides to play safe until he has enough power or a good excuse to say where is all money coming from.

"Take a look at this one, this is my best dagger that you can buy at the price of 30 gold coins," Aiden said he come out of the storage room and handed me a black color dagger with a length of around 35-40 Inches.

[ Name: Dark Blade ( Dagger )

Attack Power: + 30

Grade: Medium

Attribute: None

Description: A dagger made of Nira metal that was found in the depth of the Samara mine. The perfect partner for an assassin.
Strong Against Humanoid Monsters ]

Even though I don't know what attack Power means but it looks quite sharp and its description also looks cool, anyway most of the time I only use magic skills, so let's buy it, Myne thought and took out 15 gold coins from his storage pouch ( Inventory) and give them to Aiden.

"Big bro Aiden you really like this dagger, and since you just give me a 50% discount so here are 15 gold coins I am buying it," Myne said with a big smile.

"Hahaha, you made me a big loss this time, who would have thought that you come fully prepared," Aiden said while laughing.

"But no one asked you for a discount as well, next time if you give someone a discount then choose your customer wisely," Myne said with an evil smile and hurriedly run out of the shop.

So that was all his plan, huh? I felt from the beginning that something was wrong when he offers meat so generously but only now do I know where my feelings come from. Sigh, 1 gold coin worth of orc meat, he sells that to me at the price of 15 gold coin, what a big loss, Aiden said while shaking his head helplessly.

But when he turned around to take his 15 gold coins worth of orc meat from the table he saw that his meat bag was missing.

Ohh shit, I hope that didn't happen what I'm thinking, Aiden said as he hurriedly come to smithy but after seeing the view in front of him, his eyes become red in anger.

"Kofiiii, with whose permission are you eating my orc meat?" Aiden said loudly after seeing that Kofi is eating the last piece of his orc's meat which he cooks on the heat that use to make weapons, while his other workers laying on the ground unconscious, clearly in order to eat peacefully Kofi sends them in their sweet dreamland.
{A/J: What a great idea, maybe I should try this trick with my younger brother too when mom brings sweets.}

"Huh! Boss doesn't look in good mood, I must run now, Kofi thought and hurriedly run out of the shop like a hurricane.

"My 15 gold coins worth of orc meat༎ຶ‿༎ຶ," Aiden said with some tears in his eyes while looking at the empty orc meat bag, clearly, he is quite sensitive toward the food.

43