Chapter 22. Tear Of God
1.9k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving Maya's house through the back gate, Myne adjust his cloth and hair a little bit and again entered the alchemist shop but this time through the main gate.

"Hello big bro Jin, where are you," Myne said loudly after seeing that there is no present in the shop.

"Wait a minute, I am coming," just as Myne said, he heard Jin's voice from the room behind the counter.

That's probably big bro Jin's researching room where he makes his potions, Myne thought while sitting on the chair opposite the counter table.

"Ohh! Myne, so how does it feels after getting beaten by your big sister like a pig," Jin asked with a big evil smile, just after seeing Myne's face like he is waiting to ask this question a long time ago.

"Well, not much, that was just a little beating, for someone like me who always get hurt while hunting, this level of beating is nothing," Myne said with a forced smile, even though he is not happy with Jin after hearing something that he is trying his best to forget, but still, in order to not show his weak side in front of Jin, Myne lied so naturally that anyone thinks that he might not care about that incident.

But Jin who has first-hand experience with this kind of thing many times because of his foolishness clearly does not buy Myne's lie but still, he didn't say anything and just nodded his head with a knowing smile.

"Anyway, if you need to talk about this, then remember that I am always with you," Jin said while giving Myne a thumbs-up signal.

Why does he think that I will talk about my beating with him? If I really have to talk about it with someone, then I probably go to my female friends from whom I can at least earn their sympathy and who knows maybe something more than that, instead of talking with big bro Jin who hardly has any LQ ( Love Quotient ), and spend most of his time with his potion research instead of spending his time with his wife, since he is already rich enough that he can live his rest of life without any worry, Myne thought but because he still has some work with Jin, instead of showing him the reality that he has entered the realm of idiots for a long time, Myne just nodded his head with a smile.

"By the way, which healing potions did you use so that your pig-like face again becomes normal so fast? You know I really wanted to see you're that face again, you look more handsome in that pig face," Jin said while laughing.

No wonder he gets beaten by Big Sis, he really has a sharp-tongued, Myne thought unhappily.

"I myself don't know what kind of medicine I was given by Big Sis after beating me but the only thing I know is that was a green potion which also have a little pink color mixed in it, but after drinking it, my half of the pain vanished like I never hurt at all and today morning when I wake up I was already healed completely because of that potions.

That's why today I come here to buy that healing potion," Myne said after thinking about the potion bottle that Maya made him drink forcefully, he still felt chill all over his body every time he thinks about that incident.

"Did you say a green potion with little pink color mixed in it?" Jin asked with a frown after hearing Myne reply.

"Yes, so hurriedly tell me the price of that potion bottle, I still have some important work to do," Myne said impatiently after seeing Jin's weird behavior.

How careless does a man have to become, before he forgot about the potions that he made with his own two hands? Myne thought.

"Wait a minute, I'll come in a moment," Jin said and hurriedly run toward his laboratory.

Soon just after Jin entered his lab, all kinds of sounds start coming out from his lab like he is fighting with some monsters, most of the sounds from his lab were coming from things falling on the ground

Did he finally lose his mind? Otherwise, why is he throwing things like a madman?? Myne thought and soon he saw Jin coming out from the lab with a wooden box and a half-filled glass beaker in his hands.

"Was this the potion bottle that Maya gave you?" Jin asked while opening the wooden box and talking out a green potion bottle height around 85mm with little pink color mixed in it and showing it to Myne.

"Yesh, this is it, This is the potion bottle Big Sis Maya gave me," Myne said while taking the potions bottle from Jin's hand, and after confirming that he didn't hold the wrong potion, Myne hurriedly put it in his storage bag before Jin could be asked it back.

"Oye, Where are you putting that potion bottle? Give it back to me," Jin said unhappily but for some reason smile on his face instead of decreasing was increasing continually.

"Big bro Jin, why are making that kind of creepy smile?" Myne asked while taking some step back, now he really had some debut about Jin's personality.

Did all intelligent people have their brain screws shaken? Otherwise, why is big bro Jin suddenly behaving like an old pervert who gets hard just after seeing young girls, Myne thought, now he is getting a little worried about himself too because he considers himself to be very intelligent as well.

Did I also become like him after becoming more smarter in the future? Myne thought with little worry but after seeing that Jin is about kiss the potion bottle in his hand, he immediately throws away this thought.

That could not be possible, he is the only unique piece in this world like himself, Myne thought while wiping imagery sweat from his forehead.

"Because I finally made an entirely new type of potion. This is a completely new discovery in the world of the Alchemist. After I patent this potion under my name I can sell this potion in the entire Augusta Kingdom at a super high price and if everything goes well there is also a chance that the King can give me the title of noble because of my this achievement," Jin said excitement while still kissing the potion bottle in his hand like it is his long lost lover.

"By the way, can you please put some drop of your blood in that glass beaker?" Jin asked.

"Why?" Myne asked with a frown while looking at the glass beaker, which was half filled with an unknown liquid.

"If you don't want to do that, then return me my potion bottle that you just steal," Jin said unhappily.

"Hahaha, Just for such a little thing why are you making that kind of serious face? I just have to put some drops of my blood in that glass beaker right? Here I put it in," Myne said and after biting his thumb a little he drip some of his blood drops into a glass beaker.

"By the way, why are you want my blood?" Myne asked while looking at the glass beaker to see what kind of magic will be going to happen after his blood mixed with that unknown liquid.

"I just wanted to see if there are any side effects of my potions since it was still in the tasting stage, and I hadn't tried it on anyone," Jin said with a smile that doesn't look like a smile.

"So you mean that I am the first person who drinks this potion?" Myne asked while picking up a potion bottle from the wooden box.

"Yes, that's right, and since you are still fit and fine and since your hair also doesn't fall completely while making you a bald man even though so much has already passed, this means that my potion doesn't have any side effect and now I can take it to the alchemist guild for tasting," Jin said while shaking glass beaker in his hand.

"So if this potion had any fault, then would I have gone bald?" Myne asked while again taking a potion bottle from the wooden box.

"Yep, and that too forever," Jin said while looking at Myne's head with some pity, clearly, he wanted to see Myne's bald head.

"Why it's felt like you are not happy after seeing that I am not become bald because of your potion?" Myne asked while looking at Jin with some doubts.

"Let's forget about it, By the way, what is the quality of this potion?" Myne asked while third time taking a potion bottle from the wooden box.

"Myne, now that's enough, this is already the fourth potion bottle that you are taking from the box and I am not the one who will decide the quality of this potion, it will be decided by the alchemists guild. They will testify my potion effect and if my potion passes their all test, then they will give it an official name ( that I submit to them ), quality grade, and price," Jin said while taking away the wooden box in front of Myne so he couldn't pick up any more potion bottles from it.

"So what is the name of this potion," Myne asked while putting all three potion bottles in his storage bag ( Inventory).

"This potion's name is 'Tear Of God'," Jin said proudly.

"Huh? big bro Jin, you don't think it is a little too high profile name for a healing potion??" Myne asked confusedly.

"Ohh, Myne! Myne... That's why you are still a single dog because you only see things from your perspective but most people in the world don't think logically like you, for them using their brain is like working in underground mining( super hard work ).
That's why Myne remember in the business world, if you want to sell something then never think too much logically, just observe people around you, and you will find that how much a normal person uses their brain while buying anything. That's why you have to give your product a grand name so people can automatically attract toward it just after hearing its name," Jin said with a serious expression while giving Myne worldly knowledge.

"Guruji ( Master )!!! Where were you till today? I still could not understand your greatness, I kept thinking of you as a fool, a madman, but you turned out to be a very knowledgeable saint, who has all the knowledge of this worldly life, please forgive me, master," Myne said while kneeling in front of Jin with a serious expression on his face like a student who just found his teacher who can give him worldly knowledge.

Why does it feel Insulted more than praise, Jin thought but after seeing Myne's serious expression he just nodded his head with a satisfied smile while giving a pat on Myne's head.

"Hahaha! Don't worry, after people know about my new potion they will also acknowledge my greatness like you, and since you are the first person who acknowledged my greatness, take this potion as a gift from me," Jin said while giving Myne a tear of God potion bottle.

"By the way master, you still haven't need to explain its effect," Myne asked while putting away the potion bottle with a big smile that sadly Jin didn't see otherwise he would have known that he was being played by Myne for his potion.

"We'll Tear of God also have the same effect as high-quality healing potions. But its speciality is that not only is it can be made in half of the precious herbs that need to make a single high-quality healing potion but its effect is also two times more powerful but it's only shortage is that it takes some time to heal injured person while high-quality healing potion work immediately," Jin said his final sentence with a big ‘Sigh’.

"But soon he become normal with full of spirit and said with a big smile, But even despite this shortage, I didn't have much worry since I can probably make more than enough profit and name with it.

So now, it's time to say bye, because I am closing the shop since I still have to go to the alchemist guild," Jin said to Myne.

"But you still haven't sold me any Tear Of God, and I still wanted to learn potion making from you," Myne said hurriedly.

"Look Myne, If your Big Sister doesn't have that violent temper and monsters strength, then, believe me, you might have already gotten a good beating from me, but still considering you a child I haven't said anything even though you already take more than five potion bottles, and for your kind information I only made ten bottles of Tear Of God before using my all precious herbs. And since you unknowingly become the test subject of my potion that's why as an apology I also didn't ask for any money from you for those potion bottles.

So don't cross the line that I have to beat you. As for learning potion making, as my old incompetent student, you might have already known that without alchemy skills it is nigh impossible to make a profit through alchemy, but if you still want to try your luck, then here, take it, this is most basic recipe of healing potion if successfully learn to make this potion then come to me again and I will teach you real alchemy, till then go, work hard, and don't disturb me," Jin said impatiently.

"Okay then, I will come later," Myne said embarrassingly while taking the basic healing potion recipe from Jin.

Oops! It seems like my little trick is seen by big bro Jin but since he doesn't look too much angry then it doesn't matter, Myne thought shamelessly.

"By the way, big bro Jin, don't forget to invite me to the party if your potion gets approval by the alchemist guild," Myne said while walking out of the shop.

"Yes! Yes, now get out and don't forget to make that potion," Jin said loudly but it was a little bit late since Myne had already walked out of the shop.

He definitely won't remember that potion recipe till he reached his house, I still didn't know what kind of wretched hour I decided to take a student, and I got this kind of incompetent student, Jin thought while shaking his head.

...

Huh? it's already 7 o'clock. Whenever I am with Big Sis, time really passed quite fast, Myne thought while walking on the crowded street.

Just as Myne walks on the street while smelling the aroma of all kinds of street foods, suddenly his stomach starts rumbling while indicating to Myne that he is hungry with all kinds of today's activity and now he needs some delicious food.

Sigh, thanks to Big Sis, today I forgot to eat lunch, and now my stomach is also starting hurting because of hunger, Myne thought.

After buying his equipment, he wanted to eat lunch made by Big Sis in her house then he wanted to do some fun but after entering her house and seeing his favourite dessert on the dining table, he completely forgot about everything and start eating her.

"No problem, let's go to our favourite place to eat something delicious," Myne said while caressing his belly.

Soon Myne comes in front of his regular Inn 'The Valuable Lady Inn'. Because it was evening time, that's why Inn was quite crowded and most of the tables were already filled with people.

Now, where is my sweet June, I still haven't apologized to her yet, I hope she didn't take it too seriously, Myne thought while searching for June in between the crowd but even after searching for quite a while he still didn't see her anywhere.

Huh? This is quite weird, If I remember correctly then at this time June should have been on working at this time, Myne thought with a frown, even though June's work time end at 4 o'clock but because she gets double money for her extra work, that's why she always work till 9 o'clock. As for why Myne knows so well about June, that's because June has a little bad habit, she talks with her friends too much, and Myne is also one of June's friends.

Something is not right, June never takes a break from her work, since she lives alone in her house, she always said that she feels more comfortable at the work than staying at home alone like a ghost, Myne thought while hurriedly coming in front of the counter table where the wife of Inn boss is sitting on the main chair.

By the way, June is also an orphan like Myne but she is not lucky as Myne since she didn't know anything about her parents, someone left her in front of the orphanage when she was just 3 days old. She start working at the age of 12 and till she reached 15, she manage to save enough money to buy a small and cheap house in a deserted area in the town. As for why she wanted to buy a house so in such a hurry, that's because after becoming 15 years old, an orphan can't live even a single day in an orphanage and because June didn't want to live in any Inn, so decided to buy a house for herself.

Wife of Inn boss is quite hot looking milf, age between 33 to 35 year old, she has long black colour hair, brown colour eyes, a sharp nose overall a beautiful face. Even though she doesn't have a thin and perfectly healthy body but instead she has a normal chubby-like figure and with her two giant E-Cup size big breasts, she looks like a walking marshmallow that everyone wants to eat.

[ Name: Olma

Level: 15

Race: Hume

Gender: Female

Age: 39 years old

Occupation: Half Owner Of 'The Valuable Lady Inn'

【Skill】

Cooking LV9

Management LV6

Close combat ( Judo ) LV2. ]

"Excuse me, big sister, do you know where can I find June?" Myne asked Olma with a smile.

"Huh? You mean waitress June who works here," Olma asked with a big smile clearly she is happy that Myne called her big sister instead of aunty.

"Yes, I didn't see her for many days and since she hardly takes a break from her work, I was a little worried about her," Myne said with a little worried expression.

"By the way, are you June's boyfriend? Since you are the first person who asked about her well-being," Olma asked playfully.

"No, we are just good friends," Myne said without any hesitation.

"I see, anyway sorry but I didn't know much about June, she didn't come to work for the last two days, and I also send my waitress Jenny to her home yesterday for inquiry about her, since like you said she never takes a break from her work but that time she wasn't at her home, so Jenny can only return without any information," Olma said with a sad face.

"Okay, thank you for giving me your time," Myne said with a forced smile, now he felt like something is not right.

"But today morning I heard some rumours from my worker waitresses that June is attacked by some bad guys," Olma said after thinking for a while.

"Huh? Could you please explain this whole incident in detail??" Myne asked with a frown.

"Well, I don't know anything about the real thing myself but today I heard that two days ago when June come out of her home at evening 8 o'clock for some work, some goons in a drunken state attacked her in order to rape her but June fight back with all her might and in the end her two hands can't defeat those goons and finally she was caught in there by hands. But in all those mayhem, some passed by people heard June's screams and hurriedly come to rescue her but after seeing that some people coming to save their prey, those goons become quite angry at June, and because they were intoxicated, so without thinking they start venting their anger on June while beating her with all their strength and I heard that one of them also use his skill on June while beating her but thankfully that pass by come little fast and saved her, if they come a minute late then maybe June would be watching us from heaven at this time," Olma said while shaking her head.

Even though Olma's figure is quite nice and her boobies are also my liking but she is not a good woman, she clearly knows about all matters with full details, otherwise, she doesn't talk so confidently while giving every single detail but she said to me that she just randomly heard about this incident from her workers. There is probably something wrong with her, Myne thought with a frown.

"That is all that I heard, so do you have any other questions or work for me if not then you can go now, since it's a quite busy time and I also have other work to do," Olma said with a professional smile.

"No that's it, I don't have any questions but I wanted to give an order, I want high-quality cooked meat with vegetable soup and brown bread, and also a full glass of cold mixed fruit juice," Myne said with a smile like after hearing June incident he doesn't care much about it.

"Ohh! You wait a few minutes, I send your order with someone," Olma said while writing Myne's order on a paper.

After that Myne found an empty table in a corner and sit down on it, even though he is a little worried about June but he is really super hungry at this moment and since it had already been two days, then it is not going to make much difference if I go to meet her after eating dinner, Myne thought while rubbing his hands in excitement after seeing his order in hands of a cute looking girl, who is coming toward him.

...

So this is June house huh? this place looks a bit haunted, Myne thought while looking at June's old but simple-looking single-story wooden house. After eating his delicious dinner, without any further delay he directly comes to June's house and now he is regretting that why he didn't wait till tomorrow morning.

Since June live alone then why the fuck did she live in this kind of deserted and scary place where hardly any person is seen in the nighttime, Myne thought while coming in front of June's house door.

June doesn't have any kind of garden or any decoration in front of her house, there wasn't even a single plant in her courtyard, as if there no one live in this house.

Why it's felt like I going into some kind of haunted house like that unlucky guy's in stories who die quite painfully in hands of ghosts, Myne thought while walking slowly.

"Meowwww...

"Ahhhh... Mommy... Who is there," Myne said in fear while subconsciously taking out his dagger from the Inventory.

"Meow?" ( Did this man has gone mad? ) Cat thought while running away.

"Haa! That is just a cat, no need to worry Myne, you are a strong man," Myne said to himself while laughing to ease his fear.

I should stop reading those horror books, they really making me more cowardly, Myne thought while putting his dagger in his Inventory.

After that Myne hurriedly come in front of June's house's main door and quickly knocked on the door.

Why is there no sound coming from inside? Myne thought while again knocking on the door.

"June it's me Myne, if you are in, then open the door," Myne said loudly.

Looks like she's not at home but where can she go at this time, Myne thought while walking away from the main door.

But just as Myne took some steps, suddenly June's house's main door slowly while making some weird sound that any normal person doesn't want to hear in the middle of the night.

Myne, who was already very scared thanks to June's house location and all those weird horror books that he read in the nighttime, after hearing this type of sound from behind him, legs started to tremble in fear.

I know I should not have come here at this time, Myne thought with some tears in his eyes (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠) and while taking the name of all those gods who protect people from ghosts, Myne slowly looked back but after looking back and seeing the figure behind him, Myne becomes so scared that for some moment he frozen at his place with eyes wide open.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

41