Chapter 24. Buying Information
1.8k 4 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"OMG! I saw a ghost!" Myne said while gasping heavily.

After seeing that dark shadow in the middle of the graveyard, he run like crazy, and only after seeing people's on town market street did he stop running.

"Now I can only hope that he wasn't a female ghost and ignored me while considering a child and don't follow me to kill me, Myne thought while looking back at the empty and dark road from where he come.

But which unlucky man's soul was that?" Myne thought as his confidence start returning after seeing many people around him.

Let's forget about it, it is said that the more you think about anything the sooner you meet that thing, and in this life, I have no desire to meet a ghost, Myne thought while walking.

Ohh! This cloth shop is still open? Which kind of people buy cloth so late at night?? Myne thought while entering the cloth shop.
{ A/J: Probably people like you, whose work only starts after most normal people are sleeping, and who like to do something stormy in the middle of the night.}

Soon he come out of the cloth shop and after finding a remote passage, he walked into it.

"With this I don't have to worry that someone can find my real identity," Myne said while looking at a set of assassin-type clothes and a big black color robe in his hands, which he just brought from the cloth shop.

After that Myne hurriedly wears all those clothes and robes and after confirming that not a single bit of body part is left uncovered, he walks toward a bar.

"How the fuck do those assassins wear this kind of clothes? How tight are those, I already start getting suffocated in these clothes, and my little brother is in even worse condition, because of how tight my pant is," Myne complains while pulling his pant around his crotch area.

...

"We'll this bar still haven't fallen yet huh," Myne said surprisedly while looking at an old and broken bar in front of him, that after seeing which anyone can say that its condition is not good and it can collapse at any moment.

The bar about which Myne talking is an old-looking one-story building, whose condition is not very good. Other than the front door and bar signboard on which shop name 'The Night Wine' and small sentence [ Only a real wine lover can know its value, so if you are just drinking wine to get drunk, then So go fuck off quietly there is no place for you in my bar ], was written on it, Clearly bar owner doesn't care about customer feeling at all.

So where were we? Oh yes, Most of the wood that use to build the bar had already been eaten by termites. On the bar walls, many cracks can be seen, in which insects have long since built their colony and now living happily without any tension, clearly they have full faith in the owner of the bar that no matter what happened he is not going to repair this bar.

I hope no stone falls on my head while I doing my work, Myne thought as he entered the bar.

Even though the bar looks quite dangerous from the outside but inside bar condition is not that bad. Many wooden pillars were placed on the bar to support its ceiling, so it didn't fall suddenly. The floor was clean and tidy. A lot of tables was laid inside the bar, on which some peoples who are wearing the same outfit as Myne are sitting alone while drinking wine silently, oil lamps were also placed in the center of every table giving faint light while making the entire bar atmosphere suspicious and mysterious.

In the center of the bar a man who look like a bandit more than a bartender, with a 1.7-meter tall muscular body, short white hair, and a big scar cut on his right eye that permanently shut down his eye, was cleaning an already clean glass while looking at me without any expression.

Myne after inspecting all the bar hurriedly walked toward the bartender.

[ Name: Alex

Level: ???

Race: Hume

Gender: Male

Age: 46 y/o

Occupation: Retired Assassin, Owner Of The Night Wine Bar, Information Broker, Secret Member Of Blood Moon Organization, Hidden Spy Of Reliya Kingdom.

Title: Dark Ghost, Bloody Killer, King Of Wine Making, Money Addicted.

【Skill】

Stealth LV: ( 9 )

Magic•Darkness ( Third Form )

Wine Maker LV: ( Max ) ]

【 Stealth 】
Description: A high-level skill for hiding. After using this skill Host will disappear from every sight, until he didn't attack his opponent or run out of his magic energy to continue active skill.

Ohh, F*ck! So dangerous, what kind of town is this? Why are there so many dangerous people living here and how many secret works does he is doing even at this age?
Where most people of his age play with their grandchildren, he is still playing with people's lives even after retiring from his assassin job, and not only he is selling other people's information illegally while running some unknown weird organization but on top of that, he is a hidden spy of the neighboring kingdom, who is trying to capture the Augusta Kingdom for many years. If the royal family knows about him then he probably ain't gonna get an easy death, Myne thought surprisedly after reading Alex's status, he really doesn't know what to say about someone like him who is so dedicated towards his work, that even after retirement he is still working hard. Myne can only salute him in admiration in his mind.

But he really has quite a lot of weird titles as well, let's see what kind of things he did to get them, Myne thought while opening Alex's title information.

【 Ghost Of Darkness ( Title ) 】
When the Host unlocks the third form of dark magic, then Host gets this title.
Title Effect: 1. Increase attack power of darkness type skills by 30%.
2. Energy consumption for every attack reduce to 40%.
3. Can see two times more clearly in darkness.

【 Bloody Killer ( Title ) 】
When the Host starts killing people equally without any discrimination like cutting vegetables and killing more than 300 people of all kinds of age, then Host gets this title.
Title Effect: 1. Doesn't have any kind of psychological effect after seeing or doing any kind of bloodbath.
2. Reduce the power of the Host opponent by 15% when the Host is fighting with him with the strong desire to kill.
3. After killing anyone Host's stamina recovered by 10%.

【 King Of Wine Making ( Exclusive Title ) 】
When the Host starts making wine for more than 25 years continually without missing even a single day while enjoying every moment and love making and drinking wine until it becomes his life's second most important thing, then Host gets this title.
Title Effect: 1. Increase every wine taste made by the Host by 50%.
2. 10% Chance to create a new type of wine recipe accidentally while making any kind of wine.
3. Can hypnotize someone to one thing, who is too drunk after drinking Host wine.

【 Crazy Money Lover ( Negative Title )】
When the Host lover Increases so much that he can do anything to get it and even after having enough money, he still wants more money without any final limit, but even in his worse condition, he never spends even a single penny on himself while runs his living or business expenses from others, and become the king of miserly in eyes of other people, Then host get this title.
Title Effect: 1. Host passive income source permanently reduce to 80%.
2. Passive Skill: Absolute Fear Of Losing Money.
3. Goddess of wealth kicked out the Host from her favorite character List, Means: Host once a month knowingly or unknowingly will do something that because of it Host will lose a huge amount of his money.

【 Passive Skill: Absolute Fear Of Losing Money.】
Description: The host's fear of losing money increase to the extent that no power in the world can make him spend money. He will only work harder and harder to gather more money until his death, without realizing the true meaning of money.

Ohh! So those titles also have their grade, huh? This 'Exclusive Title' seems like a high-quality title compare to the normal one, while this negative title is probably got through bad habits or something like that, why there are no clear instructions about how this title function work, but his last title is quite dangerous, just look at its effect, more than one bad thing is written in there, I just hope that I never get any negative title, Myne thought with some fear in his heart.

But as Myne stood in his place like a statue, Alex whose eyes were already on Myne the moment he entered the bar suddenly started having some doubt about his identity.

Why is that guy suddenly become a statue after seeing me? Did he know something about my real identity?? But that should not be possible since I didn't even walk out of this bar for the last two years in front of anyone and I also haven't did anything worth mentioning, and most people only know that I sell some delicious wine and some information, Alex thought seriously.

While Alex is guessing Myne's identity, Myne also comes out from his world of thoughts and hurriedly comes in front of Alex.

After coming in front of Alex, Myne sit down opposite him and said with a little heavy voice, while trying to disguise his voice, "I want to buy some information."

Sigh, I'm really started thinking a little bit too much recently, he is just a noob, who wanted to buy some information, and he didn't even know how to disguise his voice properly, Alex thought while shaking his head.

"what kind of information do you want, kid?" Alex asked without showing much interest in Myne while offering him a glass of water.

"Do you know anything about the incident that happened two days ago, where some bad guys try to rape a girl but did not succeed?" Myne asked slowly.

"Yes, I know a little about it. By the way, do you want a drink? I can make a nice fruit drink for you at a cheap price," Alex asked while showing Myne some fruit wine bottles.

"No thanks, I didn't need a drink. I just want detailed information about those guys who attack that girl," Myne said.

"Well as you wish then, but you are really missing a nice drink that you probably never forget, are you sure you didn't want to taste it?" Alex asked with a poker face. But after seeing that Myne has no intention to drink anything, he said Myne to wait some time and entered the room behind his counter desk.

Sigh! You really have to be fully alert while talking with the assassin, a little bit of carelessness and he will get a lot of things out of you without you knowing, and what kind of idiot drink wine made by a killer? Who can cut his ticket to heaven at any time, Myne thought while looking around completely attentively.

As for why Myne knows about this kind of place, well big story short, this all starts with a little accident, when one day Myne was sitting in the Valuable Lady Inn while waiting for his order to come. Then the two adventurers come into the inn and sit down at the table behind Myne and start talking with each other loud enough that Myne can easily hear their conversation, even though he doesn't want to hear their conversation.

"So do you find anything about who killed John?" The first adventurer asked.

"No, I searched the entire town and asked everyone present at the crime location at that time but no one knows anything about who killed John," The second adventurer said helplessly.

"Sigh, It seems like now we can only buy information about John's killer from that greedy bartender," The first adventurer said unwillingly.

"But that gold digger information was always so expensive and why are you wanted to find John's killer IN such a hurry? We have only known John for more than a month, and he wasn't that important to us that we buy his killer information from that bartender, in the process of buying information from him we will surely go bankrupt," The Second adventurer said While showing his pitiful half filled money pouch to the first adventurer.

"I also didn't want to buy information but John had the last piece of that treasure map and now, John's killer has that piece of the map, that's why I wanted to find that killer hurriedly before he does anything with that last piece of the map," The first adventurer said slowly.

"By the way, is that bartender still running his business in that broken bar?" The second adventurer asked while looking at a waitress ass who is serving Myne his food.

Yesh, Now go and gather everyone and bring here, I am waiting here, we still have to gather enough money to buy information," The first adventurer ordered.

Who would have thought that this little town still have something about which I didn't know? An information seller, who sells information expansive enough that people are afraid of his name huh? It seems like I have to meet him personally someday, Myne thought while eating.

So like this Myne knows about this bar. Even though after that Myne has walked from the front of this bar many times. But since that time Myne had neither money nor need, that's why he never entered this bar.

Soon Alex comes out of the room and puts down a small scroll in front of Myne.

"Inside this scroll has all the information you need, but since it's your first time buying information from me. So as a first-time gift, before you buy this scroll I have a piece of good news and a piece of bad news for you, which one you wanted to hear first?" Alex asked while sitting on the chair.

"Did this news have any direct impact on me?" Myne asked with a frown.

"Well if you decide to buy this scroll, and did the thing that I am thinking then yes, otherwise no," Alex said while taking out a wine bottle from under his desk.

"Then tell me the good news first, I don't want to hear a piece of bad news even before starting my work," Myne said without hesitation.

"So the good news is that all three of your targets' live location was accidentally known by me and currently they are doing some research on adult things, so for the next 8 hours, they are not going anywhere and you have more than enough time to complete your work," Alex said while drinking alcohol.

"Ohh, that is really good news, and what is bad news?" Myne asked in a low and heavy voice, still trying to disguise his voice in front of a professional assassin.

"The bad news is that one of your targets has quite a high background and doing anything to him for a commoner is not a profitable business and will only bring you more trouble in the future," Alex said emotionlessly while looking at Myne with his one eye.

"I see, so what is the price of this information," Myne asked after thinking for a while.

"400 gold coins," Alex said without caring about Myne's decision, to him Myne will only bring more business after buying this information from him.

"What! Why is this information so expansive? I am just buying information about some bad guys, not some big criminals," Myne said surprisedly.

"I also know about it, but your main target isn't an ordinary person about whose information you get in just some dozen of gold coins," Alex said while again taking out one more bottle of alcohol from under his desk.

"Will I get any discount?" Myne asked in a low voice after thinking a little bit about it, since Alex has already mentioned to him before that his target has a quite high background, it is natural that his information will be expansive but still, as a poor ghost, he tries to ask a discount while hoping that Alex considers him a child, and reduce some money, but what he forgets is that Alex is not good a hearted person like that ghost when it comes to his money.

Alex after hearing Myne's question looked at him like he is seeing a weirdo and in reply to Myne's question Alex show him the universal sign of fuckoff, his middle finger 🖕.

Sigh, just as I expected, he is really a big money grabber, he really not got that negative title for nothing, Myne thought while taking out most of his savings from his storage bag ( Inventory ).

"Are you really not going to give me any discount," Myne asked last time while handing his money bag to Alex.

"F*ck off! We are not that closed, that I give you free benefits one after another just because it's your first time buying information from me," Alex said irritatly while hurriedly grabbing money from Myne's hand.

When I become more powerful than you, then I will definitely steal your entire fortune, that you are saving day and night, Myne thought while looking at Alex angrily, clearly taking money from Myne is not as profitable a business as it is seen and Alex will also know about it in near future.

After that Myne grab the information scrolled from the desk and sit down at an empty corner table to read it.

Just as Myne opened the scroll, the first thing that he saw is a black-and-white painting of a smiling teenager boy, who has a big smile plastered on his face, like after struggling for many years now he finally managed to win his crush's heart and today is the first night of marriage and finally tonight he is going to say goodbye to his virginity, after doing masturbation for so long time.

[ Name: Cather Hart

Age: 19 years old

Status: Forth son of George Hart, who is a high-class noble and adviser of the king.

Relationship with his father: Good ( Can bring a lot of trouble.)

Hobby: Roaming around the kingdom and persecuting the poor in order to show his power, Raping young girls ( can't control himself after seeing a beautiful girl.), Drinking wine until he lost his senses and needs someone's help to carry him.

Skills:
Fireball ( Can shoot a high-temperature fireball through his hands.)

Double Jump ( Can even jump in the air at high speed. )

High Tolerate Toward Toxicity ( We don't know much about this skill since target never uses it. )

Weakness: He himself is his biggest weakness.

Danger level ( Low )

Current Location: Guest House Of The Town Lord. ]

Well even though this gold digger bartender took my all money but at least his information is quite detailed and he even writes some comments at end of the sentences. He really knows how to impress his customers, Myne thought while nodding his head with satisfaction.

And finally, I found someone who will make me rich overnight, just after losing my all savings, (⁠✯⁠ᴗ⁠✯⁠) Myne thought evilly while rubbing his hands like a pervert.

I hope his other friends also have the same background as him, so I can make more profit with all those things that I am going to do tonight, Myne thought happily while reading information about the other two guys.

[ Name: Austen

Age: 21 Years Old

Status: Bodyguard And Loyal Follower Of Cather Hart, Other than that a nobody.

Hobby: Making trouble and stealing money from everyone weaker than him, Raping girls ( no requirement like his boss, he just needs a hole to put his dick in. ), Drinking alcohol ( but in limits, since he has a boss to take care of. )

Skill:
Rock Skin ( Can increase his body defense by 3 times. )
Art Of Boxing ( Can consider a good fighter in hand-to-hand combat. )

Weakness: Well if you are a noob assassin then just mixed some poison in his drink.

Danger Level: ( Low )

Current Location: Guest House Of The Town Lord. ]

[ Name: Jett Meson

Age: 20 Years Old

Status: Bastard son of a third-class noble ( Not worth mentioning ), Best friend of Cather Hart.

Hobby: Making trouble, Raping girls ( no requirement, there is also some gossip that he likes men as well ), Heavy Drunker.

Skill:
Night Vision ( Can see clearly like the day in the night but need magic energy to activate this skill. )

Light•Magic ( Can shoot a white laser beam from his Index finger but because of insufficient magic energy, his laser beam is not powerful enough to kill anyone. )

Weakness: can't handle alcohol but drunk like there is no more tomorrow, and after drinking a little bit of alcohol he lost his mind and start doing weird things, that time even a child can kill him, if you still can't kill him, then just find a big hole and jump in it.

Danger Level: ( Low )

Current Location: Guest House Of The Town Lord. ]

Sigh, What a waste, those two are just poor ghosts, who are using their brains nicely, and enjoying their life on this golden pig money, Myne thought helplessly after looking other two guys' information.

Now I can only hope that this Cather Hart pocket is also rich as his smile, Myne thought while walking out of the bar.

42