Chapter 1
155 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tonight is a beautiful night. 

A woman clad in black and red looked out of the window in awe at the moon centered in the red night sky. She wished that she could stay here and gaze at the moon but my “guests” downstairs wouldn’t let her do that.

A knock could be heard on the door. 

“Hm?” She turned her attention away from the window.

“Ms. Kasdeya, your guests are waiting for you.” Someone informed her from the other side of the door.

“Right, I’m coming out.” Kasdeya answered in a false sweet tone. She walked away from the window and towards the door. While doing so she dusted off her blouse and adjusted the buttons on it. She turned the knob and Joseph, her butler stood by the door in an elegant manner.

“Are you ready to go ma’am?”

“Yes, of course,” Kasdeya stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her. “Lead the way.”

The butler gave her a nod and they proceeded to walk down the dim lit hallway. Something about this hallway gave me the chills. Even though she made it that way it still gave her a weird feeling. Maybe it was the crimson colored walls with black vertical stripes that could barely be seen from the human eye. Or was it the narrow passageway that gets smaller when you get closer. And to top it all off, there are no windows so you couldn’t tell if it’s dusk or dawn if you go all the way downstairs or get told ahead of time.

“So, how is everything downstairs?” She asked.

“Everything is wonderful ma’am. We just started serving drinks and food is just waiting for your presence.” The old butler replied.

“Excellent.” She hummed. 

They ended up in a huge room. Inside there were people chatting and having a good time. 

Kasdeya readjusted herself one more time as she walked inside. She really hated hosting these kinds of parties but she had to get herself out there somehow and had to bring in flesh blood anyways.

The raven haired woman pushed open the doors and made her grand entrance. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gave her  their full attention.

She wanted to avoid this for obvious reasons but oh well. Might as well go with it right?

Kasdeya walked down the stairs with great confidence as her guests got closer. Before she could go down the last step, the regular routine played in her mind. The women would circle around her and praise her beauty and looks while the men would try to dance with her.

It was quite annoying to say the least but she did it for a while now to the point that it doesn’t bother hwe. It just became mundane…like everything else.

When Kasdeya reached the center of the floor, she basically ignored her guests and scanned the room for some vulnerable prey. Her eyes spotted some guy in his late 20’s early 30’s with short black hair and a gray suit standing by the punch bowl all by himself. 

“Perfect,” She thought to myself. “Just what I needed.” 

The raven haired woman was in the midst of making my way over when some guy grabbed her shoulder. She had no choice but to look over and see his uptight smug grin. She gave him a forced smile while fighting the urge not to kick him in the crotch. 

“Good evening madam. Are you enjoying the party?” The man asked, taking a sip from his wine glass.

No. “Yes, I’m having a great time.” She lied, wanting this conversation to end.

“That’s good,” A sly grin appeared on his face. “Say, do you want to dance?”

She knew that this would happen. This always happens. A guy who she’s not interested in tries to ask her out for a dance or sex which results in her turning them down. Those types of men mean nothing to her.

“Um, no thanks.” Kasdeya said in the nicest tone she could muster, pushing him to the side.

She scanned her surroundings one more time and thankfully the guy is still at the punch bowl. He looked up and their eyes immediately locked. 

Now’s the time for her to slip in.

She slowly made my way towards the punch bowl without getting detected. Even though it looked like she was going to make herself a drink, the woman was getting a better look at him. After she filled my cup, Kasdeya leaned on the table and watched everyone waltz on the dancefloor. 

“So, I see that you’re not much of a people person.” She assumed, starting the conversation.

“No, not really,” The man replied. “I could never go out there and have a good time. I blame my poor social skills.”

She let out a small chuckle. “Now how do you know that?”

“Just a hunch,” He took a swig from his drink and looked down at the floor. “You on the other hand, you were able to pull a few looks.”

“Well I know how to make people come my way, dragul meu.” She gave the man a wink which made him blush a bit.

“Heh, I can see that,” He extended his hand to me. “The name’s William by the way.”

“Kasdeya. Pleasure to meet you,” Kasdeya shook his hand. “You want to go somewhere quiet?”

“I…uh,” William glanced at the crowd and back at me. She would be lying if she  said that she’s waiting patiently for an answer. “Yeah sure. Why not?”

“Okay, let’s go.” Both of them left the ballroom without a trace.

On the way back to her  room, Kasdeya got to know William a little bit better. Turns out that he likes to write and read stories from time to time. That makes sense since he works as a publisher for the local Romanian paper. He then started to drone on and on about his career and such. But she could care less. She always doesn't care when someone brags about their life, it’s meaningless to her.

She opened her bedroom door and stepped inside. She turned back and saw William giving her a look of doubt. Kasdeya gave an inwardly sigh and forced a smile, “Are you coming in?” 

“Um, yeah,” William stepped in the room, scratching the back of his head like a dumbass. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be.” 

When he walked in, she closed the door lightly and made sure that it was bolted shut. He looked around her room in awe. 

“Nice room.” He complimented, sitting on her bed.

“Thanks,” Kasdeya said, sitting by him.

“By the way, you never told me what you do for a living?”

She was trying to avoid this question. Not because she does nothing for a living but she has many jobs that she cycles around and it’s always hard to pick out a specific one.

“Well I’m in…real estate.” She lied. Actually, real estate is not one of her occupations. A lot of people Kasdeya ran into advised that she should take it up but that’s not her cup of tea.

“Real estate huh? That’s…interesting.” William pondered. From his tone, the woman could tell that he wasn’t impressed. That’s fine. She wasn’t impressed with his career either.

“Yeah, that’s how I was able to get this massive castle for free.” Kasdeya lied again. She knew that got his attention because his eyes went wide.

“Wait really?”

“Yep. My boss decided to give it to me for a birthday gift. I cleaned it up and made it good as new. Took about a year but I pulled through.”

“That’s nice of your boss to do that.”

“I guess,” She shrugged. “But enough about me.”

Kasdeya pushed William lightly on my bed, pinning him down. He was red as a tomato which I thought was adorable.

“Wh-what are you—”

“Shhh,” She shushed him with her index finger. “Just sit back and enjoy it okay?"

“But, wait! Mmh!”

Kasdeya forcefully kissed him to cease the pointless talking. It was hard to tell if he was kissing back or was still in shock. 

They parted their lips and stared into each other's eyes. She knew he felt some type of affection but she felt nothing. The raven haired woman dived down and nibbled on his neck. He gave a soft moan, making her grin inwardly.

Now’s my chance~

She started to bite down harder on William’s neck, making him groan in pain. Kasdeya sank her fangs into his neck so hard that she began to taste copper. She already knew what it was and bit down even harder.

At this point, Kasdeya felt the poor guy, wait no, her prey struggling and gasping for air. The blood filled up his lungs. In a moment’s time he will stop moving all together.

She bit off a huge chunk of flesh while watching that loser sputter around in his own blood. She chewed on the piece of flesh and savored it. Mmm! Tastes like chicken! Kasdeya glanced down at William who had completely stopped moving like I predicted.

“Mmm. That was perfect~” I cackled out loud before going back in and enjoying my meal.

Tonight was a beautiful night.

0