Chapter 3
715 13 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since I’ve taken the bus, people have started throwing looks at me for no reason. What’s going on?

I think I know. I’ve exceeded in applying my style, for how shallow it can be, on a person that lacked style.

To explain myself better: imagine a character so strong they are chained.

There, I’ve removed the chains. I didn’t give him a sword or anything like that! I’m not guilty!

In other words, I’ve chosen better clothes for someone who already had gorgeous looks.

 

Smile more, people.

I thought this could happen, but who cares? 

I did it just so I could look more like the old me. About these people’s opinions, I really don’t know what to do with them.

 

On a more serious note, where’s Akari? She must be here, sitting in some random place.

 

In the original game, it’s impossible for her to skip, basically. In an event linked to her it was said that she had zero absences during every year.

That is something that requires a certain dedication! It’s also pretty useful information.

 

Still, while my eyes get lost in the crowd, I really can’t find her.

Where would she sit? Surely in one of the spots at the back.

 

And there she is. It’s not hard to notice her presence in the second last seat of the vehicle, her eyes busy looking at the phone as she is seated left to the corridor and in the window’s side. 

Nobody is next to her.

 

She’s even more beautiful than in the game!

I don’t swing that way, let’s repeat it again, but just like for Sofia Tanarako’s crazy natural beauty it’s just respect to say it.

 

I wonder if she expects someone to sit next to her. The bus is way less full than I thought, which leaves quite a few free spots to sit.

Anyway, I don’t think I need to use an excuse to take that place.

Even when I sit, she doesn’t seem to notice me. She’s really zoned out, it seems. I wonder if she slept well.

 

“Hey.”

 

Using a reassuring tone, at least in my mind, I speak first. There’s no answer from the girl next to me, still lost in her world.

The phone isn’t even switched on, so it won’t take long before she comes back to reality from the universe of her thoughts.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Sofia Tanarako. Nice to meet you. You are?”

 

“Likewise. Akari Sannohiro’s the name.”

 

Does she have a bracelet on her right arm? It’s the sort of decoration that nobody could forget, gray and bright and with a big ‘A’ written on it.

I don’t think I’ve seen it before during the game, though. Maybe she stops using it later on.

 

A thing I had thought about during my past life is that Akari never really changes her looks during those two years.

At least, her face. As I had said, she evolves into a way taller person who has tummy muscles and is strong and scary. These are some characteristics she doesn’t possess as of now.

She’s almost shorter than me!

 

In any way, if there’s a character that’s more beautiful than anyone in ‘Shiroyaka High School!’, it might be Akari but never Anais. It’s not a matter of taste.

The main character of the game is, for some reason, the only one to have very human looks and a realistic figure, compared to the heroines she conquers.

I never asked myself too many questions while playing, but I get it.

It’s like a self-insert game, so it’d only make sense for the main character to step down from the Realm of Heaven to us mortals.

 

“Why did you sit here, Tanarako-san? As you see, there are so many free spots.”

An innocent, ingenuous question. Doesn’t seem to have any evil intent, huh? But it’s like she’s asking me to go away.

 

“You looked like an interesting person, Sannohiro-san.”

 

“I’m not.” 

 

“Too bad. Well, I’m here now, it would be pointless to leave. What game were you playing?”

 

“My phone was off. I was just lost in my thoughts.”

 

She answers back with honesty, but I can’t help but feel like she’s already as cold as in the base game. I’m not saying that Akari-san was exuberant two years prior, but she was less cold than this.

Maybe it’s just because we’ve just met.

 

“We’re in the same class, by the way. So how come I’m just interesting now to you?”

 

I can hear her mutter such a thing at a very low tone of voice. What?

If that’s true, how come the original owner of this body never even saw her? Was she just that ignored?

 

“O-oh…”

 

“Yeah. So interesting that you don’t even remember my name?”

 

But we haven’t met! I can promise the original owner of this body would not know your name either? Is that a good thing?

“Sorry, I couldn’t put my finger on it. But it’s a good thing we can have a longer talk now, isn’t it?”

 

“Sure is.”

 

Then, just silence. I want to say something else, to make this conversation even slightly better for the person sitting next to me, but it seems like our bus has arrived.

 

“Maybe you didn’t recognize me because I haven’t gone to school for the past ten days. Yes, I’ve only gone to school once by now.”

Again, Akari mutters something completely unbelievable. 

I am sure the original game says she had a 100% presence rate during this year? There’s no way I am wrong about this.

 

“Why?” I ask.

 

“It’s a… long story. You probably don’t want to know.”

 

Then, she stands up.

 

“No, wait! I want to know!”

By mistake I grasp her right arm holding the bracelet, causing her to stop dead in her tracks very suddenly.

 

“Do. Not. Do that again.”

She looks very angry and cold. Why? Do you hate physical contact? Sorry, that was not intended. I will burn myself in holy fire and accept my punishment... don't leave!

 

Her voice is completely different from the one I have heard so far. 

I think that, inside of the game, two voice actors who were very similar to each other were chosen for Akari during the game and Akari during the flashbacks.

And, if I have talked to the latter for my entire conversation, this one was not her.

 

Then she grasps my hand with a force I don’t expect and shoves it away.

 

But I can’t say I didn’t like it! I’m not a masochist, but that was the first time she touched me! The start of a long friendship, I hope.

However, quite far from desiring such a thing, Akari has already left the bus. I didn’t say anything or chase her because I would be considered a creep!


I should leave too.

 

-=-

 

I found out the problem was not completely Akari. The class hosts more than twenty people but the selective memory of Sofia Tanarako is hardly able to show me more than ten faces.

 

What did I find out, then, using actual knowledge? The heroine, Anais, is not in this class, luckily. I can’t say the same for someone else.

As one would expect, Anais and her childhood friend Hanaki are in the same class.

 

Want to know something sad?

 

During this time Hanaki has the biggest unrequited crush for her friend, who she doesn’t even know likes women. So, she’s not the happiest person alive.

Only after two years does Anais remember her existence and start to chase her. That is the reason why Hanaki is the easiest love interest to please, the first one to fall in love.

 

Then, as it seems, there’s Lana Harumaki, who’s already School President, in a class which isn't mine or theirs. Yes, she remains School President for three years in a row.

That is such an unrealistic thing in real life because I have never seen someone in their first years reach such a spot, but since most of her personality is based on having a lot of power it makes sense for the developers.

 

Since there is a scene inside of the game when Lana meets Anais for the first time, it can be assumed that they never met.

 

Only one left! Miyuri Honomako, who will later become Anais’s classmate and develop a huge crush on her during that same year. 

But during this year she’s in my class… which is hard to define as a bad or a good thing. All I know is that it’s optimal that I get to know her.

 

I haven’t forgotten the terrible ending that awaits Akari if Miyuri is chosen… she suddenly leaves Japan. That’s all we know.

As I enter the class, a few things take my attention before anything. First of all, Akari has a one seat spot, far from everyone else, which means I can’t sit next to her. 

 

I wonder if, since that’s the only desk without a desk mate, she has moved a desk on purpose.

Well, it could be the case. I need her to warm up to me before talking in such an extroverted way.

 

Wait.

 

That is… my seat? She has… chosen my seat? My memories are failing me, aren't they?

They’re most obviously not. I guess that, having been absent for ten days, Akari-san did not remember. So, I’ll have to gracefully accept the spot that the dark-haired girl previously had.

 

And, ironically, it’s a familiar one.

 

Who’s there, next to me? A pink-haired (yes, developers love weird colors if you’ve not noticed so far. I’ll keep saying it, I don’t care), brown-eyed girl with cute braids and a difficult personality.

 

dw guys its not a harem

2 comments or 10 likes for next

 

 

26