Chapter 5: [Affectus]
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maru had decided that he would find out what happened to Varkhaz. Maru, walking around the mansion mindlessly took note of something, this mansion was huge. He couldn’t navigate by himself and constantly needed Alf’s help. Maru was frustrated with his own incompetency, though he couldn’t be blamed for it.

Maru sensed how awkward it was between Alf and himself and decided to lighten the mood, “Say, were you always with me in the past?” 

“No… I was not, young master. My father was the one who took care of you,”Alf answered with a blank expression.

“Can I meet your father?” Maru asked.

“I’m sorry young master, he isn’t of our world anymore...” mumbled Alf.

Maru, feeling a bit guilty for asking such a thing, placed his hand on Alf’s shoulder and apologized. Alf then replied, “It’s fine young master. Thank you for your concern.”

The two of them were walking towards the dining room, usually Maru received his food in bed. But Maru wanted to eat elsewhere instead. And so Alf guided him to the dining room.

Once the two of them reached there, Alf helped Maru be seated and then stood by him. Maru didn’t understand but even he could think a bit and know why Alf didn’t sit by him. Because right now Maru is a young master. But conversely, because he’s a young master, “Alf, I order you to sit alongside me.”

“Understood young master.”

Maru didn’t really know much about the dishes and foods that he received, and so he asked Alf instead about what they were. Alf, though a bit reluctantly, taught Maru about the different cuisines that existed within the kingdom. How the north, where they are right now, ate more meat and dairy compared to the southern nobles who eat a lot more fruits and veggies. 

But Maru attentively learnt everything that Alf stated, Maru thought to himself, ‘I need to know everything I can to be a good noble.’


“B-brother!” A girl pulled at the hems of my shirt. I turned back and looked to see that she was a little girl about half my height. She’s probably about ten or so.

I quickly patted her head and asked, “How can I help you?”

She didn’t answer and she was just crying and mumbling something to herself, I turned to Alf, and whispered “Alf, can I know who this is?”

Alf whispered into my ears, “She’s your younger sister, young master.”

I then kneeled down and then asked her, “May I know what your name is?”

“Wh-why?”

“It’s because I forgot everything, if I ever did something to you, I’m sorry, okay?”

“O-oh, then... Uhm, my name is Estrelle... You can call me Est.”

I see, she seemed to be a bit happy but tears slowly flowed out of her eyes. I wiped them and then took her in my arms. I know that she couldn’t have had a great life, judging from her attire even though she’s of the ducal household. She was probably born as a child of a concubine or maybe even worse. Even so, she’s my sister. 

I wonder why even though she reminds me of Ava I can’t seem to even shed a tear. 

〈 1 week ago 〉

Healing magic is of two types; Primary and Secondary. Primary healing magic does not require the aptitude of the light element. On the other hand, secondary healing magic requires the aptitude of the light element. The main difference between the two? The degree of pain and recovery. 

Healing magic is extremely painful. Healing magic in its most basic sense uses the mana in the body to heal wounds. This does not cause pain. But, in the case that the person does not have mana. Healing magic will target the energy that the body has stored. 

For primary healing magic users, they do not have this problem, as they can substitute the mana with a mana stone or potion. But, the drawback of this, is that primary healing magic is mostly used wounds that our body can naturally heal with enough time. Primary healing magic just speeds up the process by a large margin. 

While secondary healing magic can be used to even recover a cut-off arm. In this case, mana cannot be substituted since, both the mana substitute and the person must have the same mana, but this is impossible in the case with commoners and nobles.

That is why the people in question must have mana, this is why there is a difference between commoners who have no mana, and the nobles who have mana. Just having mana can change life and death. Light element holders are nobles, and the people who can receive this help are also nobles. Commoners cannot be part of this society. 

But Maru in this case, was a person with mana even without a noble birth. This is why he could recover within a year, even with his bones crushed, his muscles torn, and his mind damaged. He was an exception. He was a medium between the manaless body and the mana-filled air.

Maru, even with mana, had a very low amount. This is why his body was in excruciating pain anytime he was being healed. This pain was starting to tear his mind apart, in his slumber.That is why he was granted a skill. A skill which was rewarded for his tenacious nature. This skill was [Affectus]. This was what let him keep his sanity through the events he survived.

0