Chapter 6: Tutors
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week passed, Alf told me that I’d have to start training. My body fully recovered thanks to Sarah passively healing me, though she doesn’t talk as much anymore. When I asked her about it, she just said she was ‘in hibernation’, whatever that meant. 

I met Estrelle each day and talked with her. She seems to have warmed up to me. Although, one day a ‘slight annoyance’ had appeared, but I had Alf take care of it. And she’s been better since. Also I remembered something, I couldn’t read or write.

Asking Alf about it, he told me that I would have two main tutors who would teach me different things. When I heard that, I got a bit nervous. ‘Aren’t they nobles? Wait, aren’t I also a noble?

But Alf being the mood-ruiner he is, it was like he read my mind. “Master, please calm down. You are above them in rank.”

“Ah… okay.”

“Master, you should also start training on your own.” Training by myself..? I wondered what I could even do other than farm.

“So, Alf what do I do?” I don’t really know what I should do. When dad taught me I only learned the basics, and stopped in my growth. I am not a good fighter, but I can hold myself against most swordsmen. But, of course that’s excluding the most powerful, Magic Swordsman. 

The Duke is a magic swordsman, arguably one of the strongest in the empire’s army, I wonder if he was holding back in our fight. There are only a hundred high-rank magic swordsmen. While there are many second and third-rate magic swordsmen, their skill simply isn’t comparable to somebody like the Duke.

“Ah. Alf, who are my tutors?” I asked him.

“Sir. Ryoko Jin SchwerーThe Magic Swordsman only second to the Duke. And Dame ElenaーThe Mage Commander.”

No way...  A swordsman only second to The Duke..? He’s a real monster to be sure... and Elena the so-called ‘Blue Devil’, who was said to command the first mage squad in the army. How is it that both of them are coming to tutor me.

“Umm… Alf… If I am not wrong, aren’t they very important people? How can we have them teach someone like me..?”

“Hm? What are you talking about master? They are commanded by the duke, and they are on their 3-year break. Unlike the duke, they only command squads. As such they are able to come on breaks.”

“Wait… Wait… even then shouldn’t there have been a communication which happened earlier?”

“And yes, as you think, There was a letter exchange between the three of them. It seems that Dame Elena was not up for it, but that problem was resolved.

Oh god... You’re kidding me... Why is it that the Duke is trying to train me like this...

0