Chapter 8: Lilia
15 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilia was a maid. She was the only person who really took care of Estrelle. No one except her, not even her own father paid any attention to Estrelle. Having a lack of contact with people and being isolated, she became shy and conserved and she always kept to herself.

This was a truth that Lilia couldn’t digest. It made her sick. But, in all of the ducal household, there was one particular boy who was the most ‘evil’. That was Varkhaz Von Harqi. Even though Estrelle had tried all her best trying to befriend her brother, Varkhaz simply pushed her away and slapped her. And ever since that day the servants slowly started to abuse Estrelle. They took their anger out on her because she was an easy target. No one cared either. 

Yet today, she was standing outside looking at the boy playing with his sister as though it was normal. Even though he was the one who pushed her away.


 

As I simply watched tem, unable to believe what I was seeing. Suddenly someone said to me, “Can’t believe it, can you?

Surprised, I looked at him, to realize that it was Alf, the house-caretaker.

Ah... yes sir. I can hardly believe that it’s our young master.” I simply hung my head, I didn’t understand what was happening. 

Lilia, I’ve been in this household my entire life. I know you’re frustrated that he would dare to even act like he’s innocent.” I couldn’t refute him. He was right. How could Varkhaz even dare to pretend to care about her when he was the reason all of it went awry.

But Lilia, remember that he doesn’t know of his own past. He forgot everything. Including what he did. Of course that doesn’t excuse what he did, but he does deserve a chance to change himself. That’s what I believe.

Even though I knew that the current Varkhaz is practically another person, can I really give him another chance? After all that he did?

I don’t know, but I can only watch from the sidelines. I’m watching you Varkhaz, don’t you dare disappoint me.

0