Chapter 5: Leaving.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been almost two weeks since we decided to help Stella. The girl can now walk and talk, and overall she’s gotten better. Though both my, and the sage’s schedule got done over. We couldn’t really do what we wanted this month due to helping her out. I mean.. We don’t regret helping her, but I feel a little sad that I couldn’t write any magic formulas. Granted, I can’t even activate them for now, but they are fun to write and ask Hak about. And I’m pretty sure the sage has been sulking for a few days now. He just mumbles to himself now. 

And though it’s a bit sad, it’s about time we try to find her family. We can’t keep her here forever, now can we?

Though it’s been hard... Especially with how Stella doesn’t talk to me about her family even though I ask her. 

[Do any of you have any ideas...?] I asked the other two, I don’t have any clue on how to get her to speak. And it becomes really awkward when she looks like she’s about to cry. I feel like I’m bullying a kid.

[I have no clue... How the hell are you supposed to talk to a kid?!] The sage shouted at me with vigor. I guess he’s still full of energy.

[Uncle... Should I try asking her..?] Vira shyly asked me out of desperation.

[Vira...] It’s not that I don’t want him to ask, but I just feel like he’ll promise her something stupid. He has a soft spot for her, though caring for her isn’t wrong, it’s almost like he gets too... I don’t know... This is the second time I’m this frustrated and surprised. Whatever I’ll just let him talk, she only talks to him anyway.

[Fine... But remember, we have to send her back!]

[Mm. Okay uncle.] He slowly nodded. I could see that he was a bit down.


 

Since uncle asked me to talk to Stella about how to get her back home, I thought about it for a while and then remembered how she was always nervous whenever her family was asked, and not to mention since Uncle asked a few times directly, it makes it harder for me... I don’t want to pry in too far.. But still...

It was about time for dinner and even though she could walk around the house, she doesn’t go outside my room a lot, so I just bought her food from the dining table. Though she can eat by herself now, and that’s good.. But how do I ask this..?

Once she was done eating, like usual we didn’t talk much and she closed her eyes and sat. The moonlight glimmered onto her face, her golden hair was shining. 

I still didn’t feel good about how Uncle asked her, and so “Stella..?”

She opened her eyes and quickly turned her head towards me. 

I said, “Stella... I’m sorry for asking about your family like that before...”

She lightly smiled and said, “It’s okay...” in her whisper-like voice.

“But... It’s been a month... And we’ll have to...” her smile faded as soon as I said that.

[Vira. Don’t stop now.]

I know. But, I just can’t stand it. It hurts me to ask her. Even though I was the one who said I’d do it, it still hurts to ask her like this. 

We already know, don’t we?

The reason for why she doesn’t want to say.

She doesn’t want to go back...

[Vira... I told you already...]

[Uncle! I can’t do this!]

[Vira.. I know that it’s hard... And I know you want to let her stay. And that’s why you’re such a good person Vira. You’re kind.]

[Then! Why can’t we help her? You get me don’t you?]

Uncle smiled at me and said, “Because people can be liars. So, just know that you should help the right people.” and then he ruffled my hair. “Okay uncle...” I replied, though I knew that Uncle knows better than me... It still hurts.

“Stella.. I’m sorry for asking before. And I need to ask something.. ” she looked down and covered her face.

“I want to know... About you.”

“..Hu-huh...?” She looked at me with a confused expression.

“Although I want to know about your family and what happened, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I want you to tell me about yourself.”

“But then.. wouldn’t you send me out...?” she said in a quiet voice, she had a slight frown on her face. Her eyes solely focused on mine.

“Well.. If I were to be honest, we decided to send you back to your family in a month, but... if you tell me a good reason to let you stay, I will do my best to convince my parents... To be honest, you’re like a friend to me now, so I don’t want to see you be unhappy.” Saying that, I beamed a smile at her.

“I’m sorry Stella, I asked you all this knowing that you didn’t want to answer...” I felt like I was hurting her, even though I didn’t do this intentionally, she got hurt because of me. So I should at least tell her ‘sorry’.

She shook her head and said, “No... it’s fine... can I tell you later..? I just...”

“Mm. Of course it’s fine.”

0