Chapter 7: Convincing.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s the next morning and I have no clue on what to do. I know I promised her that I’d let her stay, but it isn’t like I have authority to do so. And honestly it isn’t that mom and dad wouldn’t let her stay, it’s just... It feels frustrating that I acted like I had power even though I don’t. 

It’s frustrating that I told them that I’d only let her stay a month and now I do this... It’s frustrating to see that girl cry... I feel responsible. 

Ah man...

Like usual we were of course still in the white room, we don’t really know what this place is, but it allows us to talk things while one of us is in control.

And this time I was just on the floor, lying there.

Vira walked up to me, and he said “Uncle... Should I try talking to mom and dad..?”

Getting up and dusting myself off (even though I can’t even really see my body), I asked him, “Why’d you say so?”

“It’s just that... I think you look tired, and I really don’t want to burden you.. She was my friend and..”

“Ah shut up! I did this out of my own choice too! We all did! So you’re not a burden, okay? Remember that!”

“Okay uncle.” He had a sad face, so I ruffled his hair and said, “Ah.. and I’ll try explaining to them, if it goes bad, then I’ll leave it to you.”

“Mhm.”

In any case, I was now in mom and dad's room, so I obviously had to explain why we can't send her away. Not to mention, we definitely have a choice to send her to an orphanage or send her to her home, it's just that we shouldn't. I'd feel bad if I did that. 

"What did you want to talk about?"

I didn't inform mom and dad what I wanted to talk about, and told them I wanted to talk to them. 

"It's about Stella."

It was as though my throat froze up, I didn't know what to say. Should I say that her dad possibly murdered her mother, or should I say that she doesn't have a home to go to, or should I say that I made a promise to her?

In all honesty, I didn't know. I like to think that I'm a 'logical person'. But it doesn't seem that I am. I took a breath and just decided to wing-it.

"I don't want to send her away. And she can't go back anywhere, because..."

My dad raised his eyebrows and told me, "Because?"

"I think her mother was killed, specifically by her father. And when I tried asking, she started crying and panicking, and then... Well I made a promise-" Dad cut me off and said, "That you couldn't keep."

"Yes..."

Then dad sighing told me, “I expected this to happen, and honestly I don’t mind letting her stay, we have the ability to do so, just as me and your mother would care for you. I even investigated who she was, and I couldn’t get anything. I couldn’t find her home either. But, I have a question for you, my son. Who is she to you?”

Who is she? I don’t know. She was just a girl I coincidentally wanted to help, there wasn’t really any thought put into it. For some reason, it hurts me so much to see her cry. Almost like I’ve known her. But, who is she to me? 

I didn’t know the answer, I simply stood. Five minutes passed, yet I didn’t say a thing. 

Vira then took control and shouted, “She’s an important friend!”

“I’m happy to hear that. It’s fine then. We can help her.” 

I gained control back again. “Huh? Is that enough?” I was surprised, is that all he needed from me? It was unlike him. 


 

It had been a few days since the triplet convinced their parents, however the world’s greatest powers had started to move, it wasn’t an exaggeration to say that the little girl was the main cause of this all. Specifically, the main source of distress was from the King of Araitner. Though the king was worried for his daughter, it wasn’t for the right reasons. It would be more accurate to say that he considered his daughter, not a daughter but a mere tool. Though Araitner wasn’t the only kingdom who wanted this girl, there was also Raukraf, the empire, and the empress who was the girl’s grandmother. It was simple to see that these kingdoms were not in friendly terms for very obvious reasons, but that was only behind the screens. In public, the two powers were ‘friendly’.

Why was this girl so sought after?’ you might ask. Well, it was because she was supposed to be the successor for both Araitner and Raukraf, however it wasn’t easy to give up power for both of them. 

Which now results in the current situation. Now that the girl has gone missing, they have lost their power to negotiate, and this meant that the countries were just at the verge of war. 

Leaving that aside however, the baron and his assistant were now alone in their office. The reason for this private meeting was really simple. 

“Hak, were you able to get anything?”

“I wasn’t able to, master. I have gone through all the public records twice, and I couldn’t find anything.”

“I’m sure she’s from the [Higher Circles].”

“Master, could she perhaps be an ‘abandoned’?”

“Well, we can’t really confirm much. But I’m sure she’s the child of a noble. Her mana reserves are, well, simply put, ridiculous.”

“Master, if it’s your eyes.. But then, what about the young master?”

“Yeah, I have no idea. But, if the eyes are finally gone, then I am happy.”

“...” Hak made quite a sad face, unable to face his master, he turned his head down.

“Don’t make that face. I just don’t want him to be involved with all that again.. We’ve had enough.”

“Understood master.”


 

Vira somehow convinced them... I guess I just overthink it way too much. Although I’m happy for her, she can be here for now, afterall I didn’t want to send her anywhere else, I’d feel terrible with that. 

I should probably go tell her about it.

“Stella...” Oh she’s sleeping.

I should wake her up right..? Well yeah, it’s big news for her!

I slowly woke her up to make sure that she wasn’t startled. Slowly waking up she blinked her eyes. She was mumbling, “..vira...”

“Hey, wake up already...”

“Mm..” She sat up beside me and I told her, “You can stay here!”

“Huh... really...?”

“Yep.”

“..Th- thank you... thank you so much...” She suddenly hugged me, and said so.

“It’s no big deal. We’re friends, and we have to help each other, right?”

“Mm... I’ll...”

“Just relax and sleep for today, it was a tiring day for you.”

“Mm... thank you again... I’ll definitely pay you back...”

Geez, this kid... Soon she went to sleep and today was over.

0