Chapter 10: Fighter.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They were around 3 when I joined. God, it’s been so long. Time really does fly, doesn't it? Especially with the two young’uns, they’re a real energetic bunch. I never thought magic could be studied, nor did I think that worlds other than this one existed. It feels like just yesterday when I was still in that tree, watching the sky flow above me. 

 

Although I’m happy for the two, I knew, from the moment I was in this body, that I’d need to prepare for war. I can already see the father of these two trying to keep up with the current conflict between the countries. Afterall when the other two are preoccupied with learning math and magic, I don’t have much to do. 

 

With the tensions, the father might need to be drafted into war. And looking at his body, he was a tribal fighter. I know those muscle groups in and out. He must be a fighter. Even the mother has the arms of an archer, granted, the Mollis style. Not the strongest, but the fastest.

 

We might not need to be drafted until at least we’re 17, but until then I can only prepare. I didn’t feel the need to warn the other two, only to worry them needlessly. War and peace is just the head and tail of a snake biting itself. One always ends in the other.

 

Either way though, I wonder how well the father can do against me, he seems strong. To be honest, I’m an addict. The kick I get out of fighting to the death feels so damn great! But... For now I can’t do that. But I can spar with him, can’t I?

 

“Father, may we spar?” 

 

It feels so strange calling him father, he’s not even a quarter of my age.

 

“Vira?”

 

“Yes father, may we spar please?”

 

“Y-you want to spar with me?”

 

“Yes, father.”

 

“Hmm.. Alright.”


 

He gave me a wooden sword, though it was half as tall as me. I had the strength to carry it, as always consistent work will get results. Especially as this was a young and impressionable body.

 

He held a wooden sword as well, although it was a bit longer. 

 

He hadn’t yet taken a stance, he simply stood and looked at me. For some reason I felt like he didn’t consider me his son with the way he looked at me, though that might just be me. I don’t really care though. 

 

I guess he thinks I’m not serious? Maybe I should take a stance too... 

 

I put my right foot forward, my left foot back and lowered my body. The first form of the Mankari style, ‘The Tiger.

 

He looked at me, smirked and then took a stance... That stance... I guess that bastard didn’t die back then, huh? He passed it on... Damn bastard... God, I miss him.

 

I took a moment, and charged straight at him, the air rushed past my face, as I raised my sword to stab him. 

 

Rotating his entire abdomen towards the right, he twisted his hand and blocked my attack. Since he was now open at the left, I tried to redirect my attack, but he used his sword to redirect my sword’s trajectory, my instinct kicked in and I immediately jumped back. 

 

His eyes focused onto me, I ran in yet again and tried to hit him, but any attack I would launch at him would be either blocked or redirected. 

 

He wasn’t even using magic, yet I’m failing so bad? He truly is a monster then... I can’t help but respect this young man! Being so young yet having the skills of that bastard... 

 

Maybe it’s time to change it up a bit! I then took the second form of Mankari ‘The Eagle.

 

The eagle is unlike any of the other forms, it was made for that bastard’s sword art. The fundamentals of his sword art focused on the core of the body. For almost eight years it was considered the strongest, until of course I came along.

 

Although the sword art itself was strong, the top was left unstabilised, it was the price for keeping the core stable. Which meant that any attack which focussed on the top would land.

 

I jumped onto him, I guess the father wasn’t expecting that, hahahaha! Damn, this feels good!

 

Damn it! He defended it. In the time that I took to hit him back, he charged at me and pressed the tip of his sword against my throat.

 

“I-I give up father...”

 

He’s good, really good... If I want to protect these two idiots then I’ll have to... 

 

“Father, could you please teach me!”

 

“Sword arts?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Hm, I don’t mind teaching you, but why do you want to learn?”

 

“In order to protect everyone, father!”

 

“Good answer son.”

 

He ruffled my hair, although it just felt surreal to me. A 150 year old man getting ruffled by a 30 year old. God, what has my life come to?

0