Extra: Desire.
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What does one achieve in life? Why is it that one wants to do these things? Is it a desire to satiate one’s own thirst? Or is it to show that they are capable of doing so? What was the significance of doing all you wanted if the cost of it was your own life?

 

“I wanted to live happily... I guess.”

 

So then, what about your wife and kids? Do you not care for them? Was your studio that important?

 

“I regret it.. But, I- I don’t know... I don’t know why I made that choice, but I can’t fully regret it either.”

 

Was it worth it?

 

“No.”

 

Were you happy doing that?

 

“I was.”

 

So you lost your way in the middle somewhere?

 

“I did.”

 

You’ve already died, so what are you going to do now? Heaven or Hell? I’m not so sure. 

 

“I don’t want to exist anymore.”

 

Why do you wish for that? I’m an omnipotent, omniscient being. I can change and make anything you ask for. So I’ll ask again, what is it that you desire?

 

“I don’t have desires...”

 

If so, would you like to play in my game?

 

“What’s it about?”

 

A new life, a complete beginning, you won’t have much. I doubt you’d even remember this, but I’ll give you the things that you never had.

 

Why are you doing this?

 

Because that is my desire.

 

“Your desire is to-”

 

Shhhh. We can’t have the audience knowing about that, can we?

 

“Audience?”

 

It’s all right. Let’s just reverse this a bit.

 

[Time will be reversed to a previous state.]

 

Why are you doing this?

 

Because I want to.

 

“I see. Well, I don’t know much, but sure... It’s not like I have much else to do.”

 

Good choice, [ŗĺĒďēø]. Oh right, you can’t hear your name anymore.

 

“Huh..?”

 

By now, you should forget your name. And soon you’ll forget your family, then your friends, then your enemies, and then finally yourself.

 

Slowly disappearing into the abyss I took you from...

 

He’s gone now huh?

 

Feels kinda lonely again. I guess that’s what I get for picking this job.

 

[What happened?]

 

Heh. I guess he’s reincarnated now. But this is weird... There seems to be another with him... This is truly interesting. Another soul? One that I didn’t account for, that I didn’t account for.

 

[It was extremely bright, leading me to close my eyes again. I heard a faint voice, it was a very soothing voice. Who is this person..?]

 

This is funny. I’ve chosen an interesting human for my first time playing with them.

 

[“........”]

 

[I can’t seem to hear or see very well. I can barely hear their voices, one of a man, and another a woman.]

 

Well, isn’t that a given? Afterall, you’re just a baby. Although I guess he can’t hear me now. But whatever.

 

[“...beautiful”]

[“....ah..”]

 

[What’s going on…? Where am I? Maybe, I’m in the hospital after that accident. Ah… What’s this..? I’m getting sleepy all of a sudden.]

 

Hmm... I guess the body was too tired from the incarnation. Although he shouldn’t remember who he is, he still should be able to remember all the things he learnt. Although I’m not sure how it’d go.

 

Even though usually I’d look at the future through my omniscience, for some reason, I don’t want to. I want to see his life, from my own eyes. From the ashes, from the beginning, till the end, till he can’t move anymore and his body rots, I shall watch him. 

 

Because my desire is to... Oopsie. Forgot you were there.

0