Chapter 12: In The Shadows…
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the shadows hide the demons. The demons who can’t stay up in the light. So they keep themselves in the dark, merely ignorant and obsessive. In a world such as this, why is it that we are thought of as scum in this world? Aren’t we only being truthful? 

 

Well regardless I don’t care. Because no matter the consequences, I will have everything.

 

“Sire, we have new reports of girls who look similar to the princess. I’ve sent the order to check all of them.”

 

“How long will it take?”

 

“It will take... 6 months, sire.”

 

“6 months?! That bitch’ll get to her first! Shit!”

 

“We’ll speed up our search, sire.”

 

Dammit! That won’t do shit! If I want to get her... What do I need? Where would she and that knight go? Where is the correct place to go for those two? It wouldn’t be in this country... No, it would be in Valfro. 

 

“No, instead of searching the entire country. Search in the south. I’m sure that knight wanted to take her there.”

 

“Understood, sire.”

 

Monsters will move in the shadows. Because they can’t come to the light. And so, they will do everything in their power to erase the light. Forever staying in the shadows. 


 

“Stella!”

 

It’s almost been a week since we celebrated her birthday, and today we’ll officially be done with noble education. Of course usually that’s only possible when you’re 12. But since Stella learned at the same pace as me, she’ll be done with it too. I told dad about Vertical Subtraction as well. Dad also taught me how to use the abacus. Since most merchants and nobles when dealing with official business need to use it a lot. And it is a calculator afterall. It just uses brain power.

 

Either way though I didn’t really talk about multiplication yet. And I’m excited to see what dad will be teaching today since we don't have anything else to learn.

 

Sage was still learning Sword Arts from Dad. But aside from dad’s training, sage was combining Mankari with Southern Sword Arts. Dad’s style of the sword was apparently different from normal sword arts. Because his sword arts were tribal and not like that of the northerners.

 

The two of us then rode Marcus and went to dad’s office. Of course the two of us were excited for class, and ever since her birthday, we’ve, well more like Vira and her, have gotten closer. It’s weird to say this, but it almost feels like she can see us separately, because she seems to change the way she talks with me compared to Vira.

 

Soon we were at the office and now we were sitting with Hak and Dad in front of us. Dad then said, “Anyway, I’ve taught you guys all the basics for being a noble,” after pausing for a moment he looked at me and continued, “I know this is a big decision. But after the last party... I’ve decided that both you and Stella will have equal say on our territory. I hope neither of you don’t have any problem with that...”

 

He looked nervous, I could see he was not fully behind the decision, seeing as this meant that Stella was also a successor.

 

“I’m fine. Afterall Stella’s family!”

 

I could see relief on his face, and Hak as usually beamed at us with a smile, dad then said, “I see.. Thanks Vira. That was encouraging.”

 

Hak then came up in front and said, “Alright. Young master though we’ve already practiced the basics of magic and seeing as how you and the miss have done a lot of learning. I believe it’s time that I give the gifts that I was supposed to give on your birthdays.”

 

He then bought out two boxes, one box was as long as my forearm, and the other was just a tinier box.

 

He put the tinier box in front of Stella, and the long one in front of me.

 

“Please accept my gratitude.”

 

The two of us then opened the boxes, in the box I had, there was a wand. With a blue-colored gem embedded into it, it seemed like a tree branch, but it didn’t seem weak and it felt smooth to the touch. And in the box that Stella had, there was a necklace, one with another Blue gem, just like mine... Wait, on closer look, it seems to be the exact same? 

 

Seeing my face, Hak then explained, “I hope the miss and the young master noticed how the gems are similar!”

 

The both of us nodded. 

 

“This is due to the fact that the necklace transfers mana.”

 

“Mana transfer?”

 

“Hmm... I'm not sure about the mechanism, but when the miss puts on her necklace, the young master should be able to use magic like everyone else.”

 

“Then what advantage does this give Stella?”

 

“It allows the two of you to multi-process.”

 

“Multi-process?”

 

“Of course it’d require the two of you to train extensively, but you’ll be able to do much more! I’m just not sure about all of the uses myself... As it’s ancient-magitech.”

 

Magitech is a word coined in these few years. But it has existed for a while. Magitech is basically magical technology, it works via using principles of magic. Most magitech is old and from centuries ago, however the magic back then was so advanced, we can’t hold a candle to it. But this wand and necklace were a pair. Apparently it’s been passed down in Hak’s family from each generation. But he’s giving it to us because he doesn’t have a family anymore... I wasn’t sure if I should accept it. But he looked upset seeing as I didn’t want it initially. In the end, both me and Stella had accepted it. 

 

“Before we delve into anything, I’d like to say that from now on, I’ll be teaching both of you magic, extremely extensively.”

 

“Okay!” The two of us were excited for this. Stella was smiling and I was happy to get proper lessons from Hak. Afterall he must’ve been a magic researcher.

0