Prologue
171 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[~Doki Doki! Lovely Charm~♡]

 

It was a dating simulator that targeted female audiences. [~Doki Doki! Lovely Charm~♡] or DDLC for short follows a story of a young girl entering a Royal Magic Academy and encountering heart throbbing adventures. 

 

The protagonist was named Isabelle, a poor Baron's daughter. Although her family was poor, she was loved. She was able to get a recommendation to enter the academy due to her rare light-affinity magic. 

 

After arriving at the academy, she met the capture targets. A crown prince, a genius mage, and a muscle-headed knight. Naturally, there is a villainess who always gets in the way of the heroine. You can do certain things to raise the favorability of the capture targets.

 

When you reach the final stage of the game, you will choose between the three men courting you at the graduation party. The protagonist will choose to wear a certain item given by the capture targets. It will boost the favorability of the capture targets at an astronomical level. The misdeeds of the villainess was also revealed at the graduation party. 

 

There were five endings in the game. The Crown Prince route, the mage route, the knight route, the harem route, and the single route. The villainess' ends in these five routes were always her dying by assassination, execution, suicide and etc. 

 

After clearing all the routes, there will be a prompt.

 

[Congratulations! You have found all the endings.]

 

[Did you enjoy the game?]

 

[Yes]<

[No]

 

[Since you have enjoyed the game, I will reward you with new content.]

 

[You have received a treasure box. Open it?]

 

[Yes]<

[No]

 

[Are you sure?]

 

[Yes]<

[No]

 

[Tada! You have found ~Doki Doki! Lovely Charm♡+~

A never before seen new content, wonderful adventures, a new way to play, strategies and dominate the world. New characters, new endings and new everything!

Please restart the game to continue. Restart?]

 

[Yes]<

[No]

 

[Restarting…… Loading…… !Error! !System file is corrupted! !Error!......]

 

Before the game loaded it crashed, talk about bad luck. However, it soon fixed itself. How amazing. The developers put an auto-fix inside the game. 

 

[Restart complete…… Loading game…… Loading complete! Enjoy~]

 

The interface was still the same as before. Except that there was a '+' in the title. However, after pressing the start button the atmosphere in the game changed drastically. The background music changed into an eerie one instead of the soft and lively melody. The background scene was a burning destroyed castle with lots of weird clothed people and a masked man leading them. On the interface, there was a prompt that asked which difficulty you would like to play.

 

[Choose difficulty: (Note, if you choose a difficulty you will never be able to change it unless you cleared 100% of the game.)]

 

[Insane Chaos Hell]<

 

[???]

 

There were no other choices except for this, so the player had no choice but to choose this scary difficulty and the other choice was even more scary as it was unknown. What is up with these choices?

 

[Wise Choice. If you had chosen the other, you might have fallen to something worse than hell.]

 

Wait, what would happen if one chose '[???]'?

 

[Game starting…… Please wait……]

 

[Loading complete.]

 

It looked the same as before… No, there were some slight changes but it wasn't too noticeable if one wasn't paying attention.

 

The story happened 3 years later. The protagonist graduated from the academy and accepted the proposal of the crown prince. It seems in this new game, the protagonist chose the crown prince route.

 

It was the same as before, raising the favorability of the key characters or so the players thought.

 

[Bad End.]

 

[A group of unknown individuals took over the empire and would soon take over the world.]

 

[Retry?]

 

Even after spending a week trying to clear, nobody has ever reached at least 15% of the story. Nobody progressed beyond that. It truly lived up to the expected difficulty.

 

However, there was one that reached 25% but that was not something to brag about. Even that person tried for a year before they gave up.

 

There were at least a hundred characters, if not, more than that. In DDLC+ you had to make sure that you choose the right person to befriend or else you would be betrayed. You also need to make sure who you need to be enemies with as befriending a person will lower the favorability of the person you befriended. It may be more than one. There were also hidden characters that you needed to find to progress. Players must first trigger a special event before they could be unlocked and help you on the journey.

 

There was also the fact that there was a time limit. You have to find out which was connected to the unknown individuals, find out who these unknown individuals are, and prevent them from taking over the world. And also, you can change the final route on the previous game (DDLC). The default story was the crown prince ending. One could change the ending route, however, the story will entirely change. The characters will be the same, but the story will change.

 

People wondered if this was even a dating simulator anymore.

 

So people gave up and threw it away. It wasn't worth their time anyway as they needed to survive. It was long since forgotten.

 

So, how did it fall into my hands you ask?

 

Well, while I was digging around the garbage dump trying to find a precious item that my colleague accidentally threw away, I found it shining brightly as if it was calling to me. And no, I don't like this kind of game. But I found myself drawn to it. I thought it was maybe special.

 

So I took it and luckily, I also found my treasured item. 

 

And so, I began my conquest and cleared 50% of the game in a single night. That was all I did. 

 

So how come when I woke up the next day, I became one of the hidden capture targets in the game?

 

3