Prologue
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{«"There are three ways for you to live in this world. Choose what is most important and valuable not what you want."- End of Harmony"»}

That short quote became the end of a fantastic story. The final chapter of Harmony's 16-volume novel, serialized over five years and was so popular that it was adapted into animation and drama. 

Anya stared blankly at Harmony's afterword author section on her smartphone screen, she read it slowly, afraid that the reality was true, Harmony's novel was over.

{«"This is the last part for dear readers. Don't worry, there will be additional chapters with other characters's side stories. I know you must be saddened by the ending, but you can still look forward to the animation and drama. Bye^^.— - The Dark Sky»}

A sigh of relief flooded her, she rubbed those words with longing as if it had saved her. Harmony mean so much more to her than just stories. It was her life story.

[Attention! The next stop is J City, Please prepare your luggage.]

Anya was struck by the sound of speakers informing her that the next station was near. She packed her backpack, touching the black mask on her face just in case while lowering the hood of her jacket.

When the train carriage stopped and the exit door opened, she rushed out in anticipation. She turned in all directions to look for someone.

Unfortunately, she forgot one thing. That person cannot exist in this world. She used to look for it and wait for it until she had the illusion that it was real. Her reality was now more like a dream after her painful death.

She had died in another world, but came back to life in this strange world. Reincarnation if that is the correct term. However, her soul was bound to the previous world, she still continued to feel her curse and pain until now.

Anya is her name in this world. She was such an unfortunate soul bound to her first world so that her reincarnation half failed. Therefore, she made a deal with the Akashic Record Holder. Author of Harmony, The Dark Sky.

As soon as the novel end, then Anya will return to her previous World, repeating her tragedy again. The facts about her destiny recorded in the Akashic Record cannot be changed. However, she was able to erase her regrets and completely reincarnate without being tied to her first World.

Having given up believing in her illusions, Anya continues her journey towards the place that The Dark Sky asked her to come to contract settlement.

To broadcast the story and write it down as a novel is to bring the story to life from a pile of dust and give it a chance to be changed.

This strange world is the main world. Let's say a world of the highest level that can provide life energy for the world below it. 

She arrived at a roadside cafe, supposedly here the location indicated by the map application on her smartphone. It's strange that The Dark Sky wants to meet in this ordinary place.

Anya combed through the surrounding visitors to determine which was The Dark Sky, they had indeed never met in person. The contract that was formed occurred when Anya became a wandering soul prior to this world. 

When she thought that The Dark Sky canceled his promise, the corner of her right eye caught someone's shadow. Her iris instantly brightened. Anya walked to the seat in a fairly secluded corner. She saw a young man, who was handsome with a familiar face, looking back at her.

A red tinge appeared on Anya's cheeks, her heart was racing. She knew it wasn't what she thought, The Dark Sky seemed to have a bad hobby. However, still, seeing that face made her feel very happy despite the pain that gnawed at her soul.

"You're five minutes late," scolds the Dark Sky with a reproachful look. His frowning expression looked familiar to Anya.

Anya was stunned for a few seconds before finally sitting opposite him, suppressing the turmoil of her heart and asking nervously, "Is this your real body?"

The Dark Sky raised one of his eyebrows, his sapphire eyes narrowed and he chuckled softly.

"No. Don't expect too high," he warned in an unhappy tone.

"I-I know. Then, how long is left?"Anya asked what was bothering her when Harmony's novel was finished.

The Dark Sky propped his chin on the table with both backs of his hands as he retorted, "Guess what?"

It was the true nature of the body that The Dark Sky was using, that was what Anya thought while repeatedly telling herself not to be fascinated by regarding The Dark Sky as 'that guy'.

Holding back her raging emotions, Anya responded, "Three days."

"Exactly," praised the Dark Sky in an amazed tone. "You will lose your primary memory according to the agreement. But, you will have a system that I have determined to help you complete your regret task. As a reward, you sold your soul to me, " he added like a demon who was after a delicious soul.

Anya already knew the essence of her contract with the Demon King in front of her. This meeting is just to confirm the rest of her time. When will she leave for that world by sealing her memory. She must resolve her pending regrets that something she desperately wants to change.

"Give me your hand!"The Dark Sky pointed at her left hand.

Anya, bewildered at the unexpected development, reached out her left hand only to receive a ring that was attached to her ring finger by The Dark Sky. She froze blankly, unable to understand why she received such a ring as a proposal?

"That's The Harmony System. What do you think of your red face?"the Dark Sky said as he tapped Anya's forehead hard.

"Ugh! You're evil!"Anya complained. She wondered several times why The Dark Sky looked so much like 'that guy'?

"I'm a demon, of course I'm evil. I'm Not Your Angel. I only helped you because of the contract, remember that. Do not have unrighteous thoughts or I will destroy your soul!" his threat with a dangerous aura enveloped Anya.

"Well, that's all. Good luck, ■■."

The Dark Sky suddenly disappeared after saying strange words and a censored call. Anya was dumbfounded for a long time, her brain, heavy from the exhaustion of her soul, did not catch the meaning of the censor.

Her IQ is indeed alarming because she is entangled by the curse and her weary soul. Therefore, it was not strange for her to be deceived by any demon who wanted her soul. She may or may not be lucky to be captured by The Dark Sky. 

The Dark Sky was his modifier, Anya didn't know his name. The demon who claimed to be the 'King' never revealed his name, only his modifier when acting as a author in this Prime World. 

Although she may have been deceived, Anya does not regret it. She noticed a transparent ring with a blue crystal on her left hand with complex emotions.

Three days later, Anya was lying on her bed in her apartment room rubbing the ring. She closed her eyes, ready to leave, no, to return again to the world that cursed her.

[Ding! Host binding completed. Downloading Host Memory. Encrypting memory done. At the command of the Master, the Harmony system will accompany the Host in the completion of the task and protect the Host. Soul Transfer.]

As soon as a series of humming sounds of the engine stopped, Anya felt something huge being taken away from her, leaving a vast unclosed void. Her soul was drawn in by something invisible and she underwent a soul transfer.

***

0