Chapter 55
483 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" " - Speaking

' ' - Thinking

[ ] - System Talking

!! !! - Crew Card


As a result of this similarity, he loses all his rationality and attacks him as if he were an enraged beast.

Leo was first surprised to see his eyes change in shape, but before he could say anything, Arlong attacked him with his claws.

Ducking under his claw, Leo delivered a low spinning sweep on his legs, making him fall to the ground while thinking, 'Is this some kind of Second Wind skill?'

Before this, Arlong was already on his last leg, but now he was suddenly more energetic and had even more ferocity in his attacks.

While he was thinking about this, Arlong quickly got to his feet and tried to attack him with his shark-like nose.

But Leo clearly saw this attack and simply dodged it by jumping back. Still, just enough for his attack to miss before cupping his hands toward Arlong's face and firing a powerful Ice Beam.

"Ice beam."

The blue beam of freezing energy hits Arlong's face, turning him into a frozen sculpture in an instant, without any chance to struggle.

"Maybe I should have done this from the start," Leo muttered to himself while admiring the frozen sculpture.

"Are you done playing around?" Zoro asked as he walked toward him before taking a gulp from his bottle.

"Yeah, and you," Leo replied before he cut off the head of the frozen Arlong, at which Zoro just signaled toward the dead body of Hatchan, which was lying in a pool of his own blood.

The body has multiple cuts, with two more significant cuts on his chest, while his six now-broken swords are scattered near him.

Zoro really didn't waste any time with this one and rushed for the kill.

It can be said that almost everyone in the crew followed the plan and defeated/killed their opponents quickly, well, except Leo. He was the one that was playing with Arlong for some time before killing him.

"He was not that powerful or skilled at using swords, so I just made short work of him," Zoro replied with a grin before he gazed at the fishman that was still alive.

"Why is he still alive? I thought you wanted to complete the mission," Zoro asked before moving toward the barely alive fishmen.

"Na, he is still useful," Leo replied as a contract appeared in his hand.

Zoro was initially confused about this item before remembering it.

He remembered that Leo wanted to use the contract to trade his sea cures with someone else. This can be used to trade virtually anything with a living being.

So, Zoro did what any sensible first mate would do in this situation... let his captain work while he chilled in the corner.

Leo sighed at this sight before turning his gaze toward the unconscious fishmen and firing a tiny bolt of electricity at him.

Zapp

"Ahhh," Take, the fishman who got his legs broken by Leo, "Wh-what, boss Arlong?" Take screamed in horror as the first thing he saw after waking up was a frozen headless Arlong, with his head lying on the side.

"So, you are finally awake."

But before he could do anything else, a voice whispered from behind. This made him shudder subconsciously as he slowly turned his head to look back. Nevertheless, he only saw that monster in human skin who had killed all his crew members standing behind him with a gentle smile on his face.

Leo simply sees the horrified look on his face about seeing him before he says, "I would have loved to give you a hand to help you stand up... well, I would if you still had functioning legs."

But seeing no reaction from him, Leo muttered, "Come on, that was a terrific one. You could at least show some reaction to it."

With a smile on his face, Zoro shouted, "Na, it sucked."

Leo's face stiffened for a second after hearing Zoro's reply before focusing on this fishman. "Listen... Take, I will make this short."

"If you don't want to die, then you will sign this," Leo said before presenting the contract that he had prepared beforehand.

"Because if you do not, then what will I do to you. Will make death feel like a sweet release," Leo stated as his Conqueror Haki smashed into him, applying crushing pressure.

Take was already too scared to reply immediately as he saw all his companions lying dead, each of them brutally murdered.

But he became even more frightened as the pressure he had never experienced descended on him. It was pressing him down against the ground while it was also trying to break his mind and will. It was also commanding him to accept... accept his offer.

Still, in the end, he didn't want to die here. Therefore, he gathered all his willpower and tried to ignore the crushing pressure just so he could ask this monster.

"I-if I s-sign it, will you re-really let m-me go?" Take asked in a hopeful tone.

Hearing him ask that, Leo stopped using his Conqueror Haki on him, as he had already achieved the desired effect.

"Yes, yes, I will not kill you if you sign this, I promise," Leo replied with a kind smile while giving him the contract.

"A-and you will m-make sure t-that I get out of t-this island s-safely." Take asked this because he knew that the green guy could kill him easily and would kill him, so he tried to negotiate the terms.

"Okay, none of us will kill you today, and I will help you to get out of this island alive." Leo readjusts the terms before giving the contract back to him to sign.

Take regained some of his confidence after seeing Leo accept his terms easily and tried to push for more, "I a-also want t-to..." but before he could complete his words, the soul-crushing pressure returned upon him with even more ferocity making his words die down in his mouth.

"I might have given you too much liberty that you started to think that I would not kill you," Leo said with a dark look on his face.

Take's face started to pale at an incredible rate as the pressure on him increased every second.

"So, let me make one thing clear you are just convenient, not necessary, just convenient, understand."

In response, Take fearful nodded his head before quickly grabbing the contract and pen with his shaking hands and signing it without looking at its contents.

.


I know that the last few chapters were a little short than usual, as they are just 1100 to 1150 words, while the usual ones are 1200 to 1300 words, but don't worry, from the next chapter, they will be of the standard length.

.

*** A Big Thanks You To ar4ngel for becoming a Patron***

*** A Big Thanks You To eric for becoming a Patron***

.

If you like my story and want to read up to 12 chapters ahead, then check out my pa treon: https://www.Pat  Reon.com/Hit30

.

If you want you could also join my discord server: https://Dis Cord.gg/XFYKYnvcqr

(Without space)

The links is also in the synopsis

.

17