Your Husband, Kang Rong
568 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glaring at Renyu she bit on her tongue.

Closing her eyes and counting to ten she opened them to catch Renyu standing up and dusting his clothes off.

Rubbing her temples she turned around and started walking away.

Renyu sped to the front of her and held out his arms. Looking at her worriedly he asked, “Sister-in-law, where does it hurt?”

Tilting her head to the side, she looked at him and saw the genuine look of care on his face matching the worry in his voice.

She stared into the distance for a while before saying, “Before I died I asked the gods to be born a woman but this life is making me regret it.”

Renyu asked stunned by her words, “You died before?”

Snapping out of her daze she shook her hand in front of her saying, “Nevermind.”

Sighing she looked at Renyu who stared at her with suspicion, she asked, “Did you not say that I am here to see the sect master?”

He looked over her into the palace, he saw his brothers and sisters walk towards them. His face twisted slightly showing fear - he knew he was in trouble.

The trembling in his body was picked up by mother nature herself or well her successor.

Lifting her hand up to touch his cheek she said in a soft and loving tone, “Don’t be scared, with me here, no one will lay a hand on you… now tell me, who is it that is threatening you?”

The brothers and sisters halted their steps. Renyu had his eyes on Yueguang the whole time as she spoke.

Not believing what he heard. He lowered his hands and touched Yueguang’s hand on his cheek with his own.

Feeling the warmth coming from her palm he felt a strange sensation stir within his heart.  Feeling the need to reassure her of his well being he said, “Sister-in-law, I assure you that nothing is wrong, it was nothing but a passing feeling. I am alright.”

The smile on his face appeased her worried heart but did not lessen her worry. Pulling her hand down into her sleeves she pulled out a black fruit and handed it to him.

Taking it from her he examined it then chucked it into his mouth. What she gave him was a mint berry that is one of the seven fruits of heaven that only creatures and half beings can eat - humans could eat it too but there wouldn’t be a sweet taste to it as when a creature eats it.

Seeing the relaxed and satisfied expression Renyu made, she turned her body around and folded her arms in front of her chest. These people were the cause of this and she wasn’t having anyone bully Renyu.

After closely examining them she noticed that all of them were above the Martial Emperor realm.

Her eyes looked over Kang Rong thinking, “This person looks familiar.”

She couldn’t see through their cultivations but could make an estimation based on the amount of martial power within their cores, like how she saw through Renyu before.

With folded arms, she walked towards them. Renyu followed her in wondering if she had any more of those sweet fruits she gave him.

Stepping a few feet away to get a proper look at them all.

Puzzled with her actions, he asked while placing his hands behind his head, “Sister-in-law, what is the problem?”

Feeling her brain go numb at the words “sister-in-law,” she rolled her eyes in her heart and asked in astonishment, “Haven’t I met you all before?”

Thinking back to the day when she did her flower crowning cultivation and met the young prince.

On this day, she remembered the group of individuals who stood in front of her that caught her attention and this group stood before her once again.

Squinting her eyes she recalled what had happened and asked, “At the tournament, with the little prince, the nine of you were present ready to attack me, am I not correct?”

This accusation was true but no one was willing to admit to it, Renyu himself was silent.

Seeing that no one was speaking and the crickets from outside could be heard. Feng Huang stepped forward with a bow he started, “Miss Yueguang, it is with great pleasure to see that you are well. We were all worried about your health, especially our sect master. To answer your speculation  of harming you, we only wanted to keep the young prince safe from harm.”

Yueguang, “Which includes harming me.”

Feng Huang, “If you were to harm the young prince, then I am afraid so.”

The corner of her mouth twitched, with a hollow gaze she looked at him. Saying, “Your true form is that of the Blue Blooded Phoenix clan of Tudi, what are you doing in Hexin in the Red Dragon Valley?”

Stunned at her words he answered, “I am here of my own accord along with my clansmen.”

Hearing his answer she gave a sigh thinking, “The balance of this world is backwards.”

Still, in her thoughts, she was pulled out by Renyu’s excited voice. He introduced her to all of them ending with Kang Rong.

Renyu, “And this handsome and refined man in all of the nine continents is my eldest brother and the master of the Red Dragon Sect and Valley, Kang Rong, your husband.”

Yueguang was about to throw up at the word husband but found it amusing when she saw Kang Rong’s ears flush red.

“Rich and handsome, isn’t this what I asked for?” she chuckled in her heart.

7