Hostility
404 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cold air solidified in the middle of the hall. The air formed into a rose bush that's thorn vines crawled out of the bush. Inching closer to the beings in the hall. 

The tornados beside her solidified and shattered, leaving crystals floating in the air.

Kang Rong marvelled at the beauty of her power. The roses and bush were etched with great detail and looked so realistic. The guardians quickly became alert and put distance between them and the thorn vines. But the moment they moved the vines reacted, attacking them. Because it was their sister-in-law's power, they didn't attack back and just endured, blocking the attacks.

The attacks quickly ended after the first round because she did not intend to fight them. With the first bang from her attack being blocked, she snapped out of her state and recalled her attack. the ice rose bush shattered bringing about a cold draft that lingered within the hall.

When they were sure that the attack disappeared and they were no longer in any danger they sighed in relief - for some reason their sister-in-law who was many realms below them seemed extremely powerful. Renyu rushed to her stopping in front of her with a pout. "I can't believe you attacked me too, my feelings are hurt!" Folding his arms he looked at her pitifully waiting for an answer.

Yueguang just recovered and was now faced with this nonsense. She looked around the room to assess the damage she caused but luckily no one was hurt.

Roc moved to beside Renyu, glaring at him then looking at her, "Sister-in-law, have I offended you by my words?" she looked at Roc, then stole a glance in Kang Rong's direction. Her action made them all reconfirm their agreement thinking that she was adorable acting this way. 

Waving her hand, Yueguang, "N-no, I just need to calm down, my sickness is getting to me."

Roc, "Sister-in-law, are you not well?" he teased knowing the cause of her flux of emotions.

"Mn, don't worry about it," she answered listlessly. Looking up at Renyu, she raised her hand to his forehead and flicked it. Adding much of her martial power into it.

This did not do anything besides make him widen his eyes. She looked down at her finger and it was broken. Rubbing her other hand over it, it was healed.

Rubbing his forehead he asked, "Why are you suddenly weak?" 

Raising her head to look at him, she could feel her soul leave her body. Touching the tip of her nose she asked, "Do you know the difference in realms between you and me?"

Scratching his head he answered, "I don't know what realm sister-in-law is in."

She suddenly remembered the spirit weapon around her ankle and looked down but couldn't see anything because her robe covered her all the way down to her shoes. Looking up at Renyu and Roc who was looking at her shoes, she tried smiling but it ended up being a smirk making her look evil in front of the others.

She bent down, slid her fingers down her ankle unclipping the rope and the barrier masking her cultivation disappeared, standing up she held it in her hand the shoved it into her sleave. Looking at them again she asked, "And now?"

Roc's eyes widened while Renyu looked angry. He suddenly asked, "Why are you so weak, do you know that if I hadn't heard your voice back then, you would have been taken advantage of by those scoundrels... ah, ha... I don't like a weak sister-in-law."

"I will kill you!" she said flat out in a dull tone that sent shivers down their spines.

Roc, "You were strong moments ago, how is it that you are only a Half-Martial Emperor?"

Answering with a cheek, "I'm a step away from the seventh stage, why... do you have a problem with it?"

Roc felt  slightly embarrassed, "Ah...no."

Yueguang, "Don't underestimate someone, not from your world..." she trailed realising that she just gave herself away.

Her eyes darted around the room then settling on the two cautious looking beings in front of her.

Feng Huang looked over at Kang Rong, noticing the glint in his eye that brought up the feeling of not trusting Yueguang. He walked up to beside her and asked, "Miss Jiang, when do you think would be the best time for travelling, I'd like to arrange an escort for you."

Her eyes became sad after hearing this. Waving her hand she answered, "I'd rather not if I'll be travelling alone, that's just too depressing."

Pushing her hair behind her ears she sighed. Under their cautious eyes, she closed her eyes and disappeared leaving not even her scent behind.

Opening her eyes, she was back in her palace in the valley. Sighing once more she hit her hand against her head and called herself an idiot. The moment she mentioned that she was not from their world she sensed the change in their emotions towards her, she could also feel the martial power circulate in Kang Rong's body as though he was about to attack her.

Shrugging her shoulders she raised her left hand. The ring on her middle finger began to shine; a spatial tear opened above the ring and out floated nine rainbow spirit stones each the size of a gold ball. The stones shone brightly attracting the attention of the pink eagle that was now the same size as the melons on her chest.

Looking down at the eagle that flew in circles around the nines spirit stones, "little one, did you not return home?"

"I did my lady, but I missed you and wanted to be by your side."

"Ah... you are the only friend I have left on this planet, I miss Tae-Ra, Red and Boa, although we weren't long together, they treated me like family, but then again, it's my own fault for telling them that I am not from here. How about we leave this place and search for a new home?"

5