Serious Talk
466 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking up to them she bowed greeting, "Greetings mother-in-law and father-in-law, it's truly a pleasure meeting after so long."

Hearing her words their eyes widened in disbelief ready to pop out at any moment. Turning to look at their son he stepped forward with flushed ears and introduced her, "Father, mother, this is Jiang Yueguang... my fiancé."

Yueguang turned to look at him in disbelief too - this uncle!!!

‘Here I thought that I could play this game but this sect master is truly this games master,’ she thought.

Hearing her son’s words Mrs Kang’s eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fainted falling into her husband’s arms. The servants panicked seeing their Mrs had fainted. Helping Mr Kang, they took her into the house leaving Kang Rong, Yueguang and Mr Kang outside.

Looking at the backs of the servants Mr Kang didn’t know what to say or do. Turning to look back at his son he was surprised.

Knag Rong was staring at Yueguang deeply into her eyes. Staring into his eyes she could feel her heart beat fast – painfully fast.

Cupping her face with his right hand he caressed her cheek with his thumb, “Jiang Yueguang will you really marry me?”

Flustered, her face turned deep pink. Looking away, “Since it’s fated for us to be together… I will.”

A gentle yet untraceable smile appeared on Kang Rong’s face. Seeing this scene before him, Mr Kang couldn’t help but feel troubled. The faint smile on his son's face was a genuine smile that he had never seen before.

This Jiang Yueguang must be something else, for her to make his son smile like this – she must be someone special. Welcoming his son and daughter-in-law into their home he ordered the servants to attend to Yueguang while he spoke to Kang Rong in private.

“Rong-ah… this young lady is?”

“Father, I’ve said it before, Yueguang, she is your daughter-in-law.”

“But son, this is so sudden.”

“I know it is but the sooner we marry, the better.”

“But why so soon… your mother and I don’t know her and yet you want to marry her?”

“If I don’t then she might leave.”

“So you want to hold her captive?”

Sighing he answered, “Father, twenty years ago I dreamt of a woman that would be my wife. You should know that I had no interest in anyone but after that dream, I’ve come to realize that having a wife doesn’t seem like a bad idea… if we can love each other as you and mothers love for each other then I would be happy, we could also have children maybe one or two; wouldn’t you like grandchildren?” He looked at his father.

Mr Kang couldn’t believe such words came out of his son’s mouth. It’s a good thing his wife fainted before or else she would faint again!

Feeling helpless Mr Kang didn’t know what to think, “Will this be a fortune or misfortune for the sect?”

Hearing his father’s question Kang Rong frowned, “Father don’t you trust my judgement?”

Waving his hand, Mr Kang said, “No, I have absolute trust in your judgement but choosing your life partner is something that isn’t thought of overnight. This decision takes time, take your mother and me for instance. Your mother didn’t want to marry me in the beginning and she even refused to acknowledge my existence and she almost married someone else… eventually, after ten years we started dating and marriage only came another ten years later. Not to mention that it took us years to conceive you after many miscarriages – look Rong, this father of yours went through many painful trials that I wish you wouldn’t go through, please listen to me and take things easy with Miss Jiang, I am sure that if you ask her and talk things through with her she’ll wait for you and your relationship can develop properly.”

Kang Rong listened to his father’s words. He knew that his parents had struggled and couldn’t conceive another child after his birth because he almost caused his mother’s death so they only wanted the best for him.

Understanding his father’s reasonable words he nodded his head. His father didn’t have any more advice for him and left to see if his wife was doing okay.

Walking towards the garden where he left Yueguang, He saw that from behind her figure looked lonely. He hugged her from behind making her tremble.

She was caught by surprise but didn’t push him away. His body felt warm against her and the smell of sandalwood was strong on him. Holding her hands against his she said with little sobs between her words, “Sect master?”

“Mn?”

“Do you know what my powers are?”

“Not really.”

“What do you know?”

“I know that you can hear the thoughts of creatures and can speak to them. I also know that you can restore land and conflicted elements.”

“True . . . I can also communicate with the elements whether I like it or not.”

“What is it that you want to say?”

“I heard the conversation you had with your father.”

Letting go of her he turned her around, with a frown he asked, “How?”

“The wind . . .”

Feeling the hairs on the back of his neck stand up he asked, “Then what do you think?”

Lowering her head she said, “Your father is correct, we should take it slow but . . .”

“But?” he asked nervously. Continuing she said softly, “I didn’t know if I am fertile.”

“Huh?” this caught him by surprise. Seeing that she looked helpless he pulled her in for a hug he said, “What makes you think so?”

With her face against his chest, she said, “Because I have gone through many transformations that I just don’t know… I t-think that we should…”

“That we should what?”

“Try now for a baby. I don’t want to wait and disappoint us after marriage . . . if I am not fertile then you can go off and find someone else while I travel.”

BANG!!!

All sense of reasoning left Kang Rong’s mind, he was dumbfounded!

Yueguang looked at him innocently with her beautiful eyes that seemed to sparkle at that moment. Feeling overwhelmed by the words that came out of her mouth – he was speechless.

Seeing his stunned face she stepped back unsure if what she said was wrong or correct. Pouting she asked, “Don’t you want to?”

Brought back to reality by her question he took a good look at her. Cupping her face he smiled, “The moment I woke up from the dream I had of us, I couldn’t wait to find you and make you my wife. That day at the festival, after I found out that it was you, I went insane searching for you. And now that I finally have you by my side, no one, not even my parents can stop me from making you, my wife. Jiang Yueguang, even if you cannot give me children, I will still stay with you because you are the only one fit to be my wife.

Opening her mouth to say something he stopped her. Leaning his head against hers he kissed her nose, “But I won’t say no to making you mine right now.”

Saying this, they vanished, reappearing in a beautifully decorated room. Carrying her princess style to the bed he wrapped the room in soundproofing formation.

Placing her down on the bed he loosened the straps of her clothes, throwing them on the ground. When her robes hit the ground they disappeared. Looking at Kang Rong with widened eyes her mind went blank, all she could remember was these beautiful eyes of his turn dark.

Opening her heavy eyes she looked around. The room was dark with a little light shining through the window. “What time is it?” she asked herself.

She tried lifting herself up but her arms gave in. Slamming into a hard board she felt off. Feeling this thing she was laying on her eyes widened in realisation. Raising her head to look up their eyes met.

Kang Rong had his hand resting on her lower back. She saw that Kang Rong’s eyes were clearer than the last time she saw.

“You’re awake?” he asked.

“Mn,” she hummed.

Placing his hand on her head. Pushing it down gently he said, “Its early in the morning, rest some more.”

Listening to him she rested her head on his bare chest. She could feel her heart beat really fast but it wasn’t only hers, she could hear his heartbeat. Listening to it carefully it was calming. Closing her eyes she fell asleep.

6