Chapter 2 “Welcome, D-1092”
2.8k 9 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?"

William still wasn't sure about his condition right now. First, he was stranded in an abandoned building, met a group of people with guns, and was knocked down, and now he was in a fully white room. Only leaving him and a doctor named Erik Anderson in the room.

"I know you may be confused about where you are now, but I have some questions regarding you. If you don't mind." Dr. Erik continued

William was still confused. He was groaning because he had a headache right now due to being knocked down by one of the officers. He was still trying to get his focus and attention up towards Dr. Erik.

"Now, D-1092. What were you doing that night? Specifically inside that building?" Dr. Erik asked

William shrugged, "I don't know. I just woke up from my sleep and somehow was there. I'm just looking for a way back to my house, and I don't know any part of what's happening there."

"I see." Dr. Erik said.

He then pulled the three items that William had looted before from a dead person's body that he thought would be useful for his situation. Dr. Erik puts each one of them inside a plastic bag in front of William's vision.

"We found this, which seemed to be yours. The knife that we found was the same model we most often saw with those Insurgents. It could be said that this knife is a piece of standard equipment for guys like you."

"What? Insurgent? What are you talking about?" William was confused about the stuff that Dr. Erik mentioned.

"You know, the Chaos Insurgency. Like the friend of yours that was dead at that place. It seems that both of you have some kind of miscommunication and then killed your partner there."

William was disbelieved. It seems that they have misunderstood him as someone that set up the scene despite the fact that he doesn't have to do anything with it. In addition, he heard a familiar name that he could not believe he would hear at this moment.

"No, I did not. I didn't kill him, and neither did I know about that person. You said that he was a Chaos Insurgency member? I would've never condoned what they do nor what they aim for." Said William in annoyance.

"So you do know about it." Dr. Erik writes down something on his clipboard and then continues, "We couldn't find any information regarding you. As if you never existed in this world. Which is already weird in the first place, then you knew about them. Which I find it isn't as surprising that they could do that."

"What do you mean I don't exist?" William was raising his tone, knowing what Dr. Erik had said. "Also, that's not what I meant. I'm not one of them. I'm just literally a bystander that somehow strangled within your guys' problem."

Dr. Erik kept writing on his clipboard without even looking at him. He doesn't really care about what William will do since he is all cuffed down from hands to knees. Only then did William see something on Dr. Erik's shoulder. A logo, drawn with a shield and three arrows.

It clicked through his head. He is familiar with that logo. Something he saw very often because he was an avid reader of them.

Dr. Erik was from the SCP Foundation.

SCP Foundation is a private organization that operates worldwide. They were supported by many governments, nations, and organizations around the globe with the main goal of containing anomalies, monsters, and phenomena in the world. The Foundation called these so-called "anomalies" "SCPs" because they needed to be contained with Special Containment Procedures, hence the naming.

Many of these SCPs were a threat to the civilization and public, with each of them could create a small commotion toward the public, kill someone gruesomely, and the destruction of the entire universe. While all of the SCP that existed in the world didn't really pose a threat to humanity, some of them even gave benefits to the Foundation. They used these useful SCPs in order to help them with their missions, helping with their research, and even prevent a disaster from happening.

The SCPs came in many different from, there are a big giant lizard monster that couldn't be killed and gets stronger every time someone tries to harm it, a huge mystical creature that sleeps beneath the ocean, and even a pizza box that could produce an infinite amount of pizza however you like.

Their mission is simple, it was printed within their acronyms, and that is to Secure, Contain and Protect. Hence, they called themselves the SCP Foundation.

He couldn't believe his eyes at the moment. He thought he was still dreaming, or was this an elaborate joke made by someone into believing that the SCP Foundation is real. But no.

He looked around. He recalls what Dr. Erik had said. The Chaos Insurgency, D-1092, and the shield with three arrows. With that information in mind, William had only one conclusion regarding his situation right now.

He is now in a world where the SCP Foundation exists.

"Wait, are you guys from the SCP Foundation?" William asked.

Dr. Erik stopped his writing, and William finally caught his attention.

"You seem to know a lot of stuff for a bystander."

"Well, it's just that I seem to know about you guys somewhere else."

Dr. Erik finished his writing. He then dropped his clipboard aside, removed his glasses, and put both of his hands together on the table. He glanced at William with seriousness as if they were about to put the final decision on William's fate.

"I'll ask you one more time. Why are you there, and what were you doing last night?"

William couldn't just say that he's from another world, although there's a chance that his claim was ignored by him due to His nonsense. But this is the SCP Foundation; anything could happen. There's also a chance that he'll be contained as an SCP and be experimented upon.

"I don't know. Somehow, I woke up right there and was just looking my way out. That's really it."

Dr. Erik stared at him for a few seconds, seemingly unsurprised by what his answer would be. He then put his glasses back on and glanced at the CCTV camera at the corner of the room, waving his hand as if he were giving an order to someone over the intercom.

As soon as he waved his hand, two guards came into the room equipped with guns. Standing in front of the door. Dr. Erik stood up from his chair and grabbed the clipboard into his hands. He walked away from the desk and told the guards.

"Please take D-1092 to his new home. He might need to adapt to his new work environment tomorrow here."

==================

Don't forget to leave a like and you can read up to 18 Chapters ahead before its release on patreon.com/Enachia !

67