Chapter 33 “Inside The SCP-582 Containment Room”
1.4k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The third level of the Keter containment area was where they descended, but it was incredibly silent. They haven't observed any SCP roaming the area, despite seeing some doors to the containment room being opened.

It was strange for them to be in this circumstance, but that doesn't imply they wanted to run into one. Because the Chaos Insurgency had been purposefully releasing some SCP from their containment room to prevent people like them from stopping their operation.

More security staff bodies sprawled on the floor, and William and Grace were already halfway to their target. They appeared to be battling the intrusion into their previous existence.

They noticed something on the ground as they moved forward. A contraption of some kind, such as a high-tech pistol that was left lying around. It was originally noticed by Grace.

"What is that?" She said, indicating the object on the ground where it was.

William turns his focus to the object she is attempting to point at. They both halted their movement and took a careful look. They appeared to have never seen the device before because they were unfamiliar with it.

"I have never seen something like this before. Shouldn't it be one of your guy's weapons? Like some secret weapon that the Foundation would use in case of emergency or anything alike?" asked William as he was scratching his head.

Hearing this, Grace shook her head, "No, the Foundation doesn't have this kind of weaponry. This is simply too high tech and way out of our league."

"Really? It would be weird if it were like a weapon of mass destruction, and the Chaos Insurgency would just leave it here, don't you think?"

Grace was also a bit dazzled as to why a high-tech-looking weapon was lying around on the floor. Seemingly that was the case, William picked up the device and started to inspect it.

There was a name imprinted on the side of the weapon. It was small and rough, but it was clear enough for him to read the word. It says: Property of Nikola Tesla.

William was a bit surprised that this was something that the famous inventor made if it was really his creation. But he was still puzzled as to why it would be here, especially in the Keter Containment area. 

—-

SCP-2700, Teleforce, a Keter class object.

Containment rooms for SCP-2700 are to be separated 180 meters from the surface level entrance in a Secure Containment bunker. All information pertaining to the condition of SCP-2700-Omega is to be updated every half-hour, and SCP-2700 is to remain constantly under observation.

The team in charge of SCP-2700's containment is required to look into all available information about the object's history and purpose. Prior to the occurrence of a YK-Class End-Of-Universe event, the artifact's deactivation is the primary goal in terms of containment.

Nikola Tesla originally designed SCP-2700 with the intention of creating a directed-energy weapon. However, examination of the object, while it was in the care of the Foundation, revealed that SCP-2700 has a purpose different from and substantially more dangerous than that of its original designs.

The rest of the universe would be transformed into this inverted entropic condition if SCP-2700-Omega were to escape. A YK-Class End-Of-Universe Event, which would reduce the entire universe to an indefinitely energetic singularity, would be the result of this scenario (with a similar effect to a Big Bang).

The device is now integrated and scheduled to go into activation in 2234, as shown by SCP-2700-1.

—-

Grace took a short stroll to scope out the area in case they had picked up anything else in the corridor that was similar to the SCP-2700 that they had unintentionally picked up.

She entered the room and noticed that it appeared to be some sort of containment chamber for an SCP. However, the door to the room was open. It was compact and had a mount on top of a little pillar.

She instinctively had a thought cross her mind, while she didn't know exactly what the device was when they found it. I must have been one of the SCP objects that the Foundation tried to secure here, indicated by a mount that looked like it was made to hold a weapon.

Her guess was that the Chaos Insurgency wanted to use the SCP because it seemed like something that could benefit them. But maybe they didn't know how to operate it or something else, so they just left it in the hallway.

Knowing this piece of information, she started to run where William was before and told him about it. He thought about it for a moment and fell into deep thought. If it really was an SCP, shouldn't he be able to get its ability?

There was no warm sensation like he touched SCP-2006. He didn't feel any of that. He might have to test it somewhere else, but it was not the time for it. William then went to the room and put SCP-2700 back in its place. 

Both Grace and William were finished taking care of another SCP that was out of its containment room, and they continued to run toward SCP-582's containment room. 

They were about to reach the SCP-582 containment room at the end of the hallway in a few minutes. The door was partially open, and it sounded like the inside of the room was rustling.

William put his index finger in front of his mouth when he heard this. He told Grace to keep moving quietly and slowly so that they wouldn't notice them. Both of them approached the door and leaned against the wall.

William entered the room because he could hear someone talking inside and wanted to see what was going on. The room was quite large, there were numerous boxes, a sizable vault, and several people were standing in front of the vault.

There were three people, two of whom were dressed in military uniforms and the third in an orange jumpsuit, gathered in front of the vault. The exact same jumpsuit that a D-Class personnel would wear.

Two more individuals were additionally crouching close to the vault. Both of them were dressed in standard security guard uniforms, with one wearing a lab coat. It was obvious that they were Foundation employees. It seemed like they were a hostage judging from the situation.

It was a weird scene for William. Who was that D-Class? were they working together or came from the same group? And why were there Foundation personnel in this room? There were a lot of questions to be asked.

William had come up with a plan, and he wanted to hear what they were doing up close. He looked at Grace and told her to stay put as he was going to get closer to them quietly. Grace nodded, and she would wait for his command if the coast was clear.

He then walked quietly while crouching toward one of the boxes that were there to give some cover for him to get close to them sneakily. Grace could only watch him from behind as he was moving to the next box.

William looked at them for a moment, and it seemed that they didn't notice him at all. They were still talking about something toward the Foundation employees in front of them. He ducked for a moment before going to the next box.

Just as he was about to move from his position, William heard a loud voice, "Come on now, no need to be so sneaky like that. We're friends after all, ain't that right, kiddo?"

39