Chapter 37 “Another Blow To The Face”
1.3k 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William was surprised that he had taken a blow behind his back. It was strong and so sudden. Keith had just shown up behind him out of nowhere in an instant. 

He was knocked out a few distances since it was a surprise attack, and William fell to the ground. He was startled and had no idea how powerful his hit on the back would be.

Keith shakes his hand and chuckles for a moment, "What's wrong, kiddo? Couldn't stand even on the first blow? We're just getting started."

Despite Keith looking to be a regular person, he appeared to have exceptional strength as he coughed several times and had blood seeping from his mouth.

He didn't have anything to protect his back, so his initial blow damaged a small portion of it. However, William had a regenerative ability. Therefore this was not a concern because it would recover in a matter of minutes.

William then got to his feet and began to raise his hand once more, this time prepared for the next assault. He was anticipating Keith's movement so that he could deliver a counterpunch.

William was being charged at full speed by Keith, who was preparing his fist and appeared to be heading for William's face. The same attack that William had used on him.

As he observed this, William considered his alternatives. Moving out of the way would simply put him at a disadvantage because Keith would have a chance to attack him, or he could block the punch and accept it.

He then took the obvious choice, raised both of his arms, and began to block his face with them. He appeared to be prepared for Keith's punch. Even if he broke his arm, this was his only option.

When Keith noticed that William had covered his face with both of his arms, he grinned. He had the option of attacking his sides, but he chose not to. Instead, he proceeded directly to strike his arms.

Keith had struck him once more, but it was far more powerful this time due to Keith's momentum. William took the blow to block it, taking a few steps back and suffering in pain from the damage.

"For your age, you're quite strong. I'd like to see how long you can withstand my blow for the next ten minutes."

Despite having an anomalous ability of regeneration that could heal him when he was injured, William didn't know how many attacks he could endure from Keith's blow. 

He doesn't have a problem with having broken bones, bruises, and blood coming out from his body. But there might be a point where he could fall unconscious from being beaten up multiple times.

He certainly needed a plan to land an attack on him because it worked the first time with the distraction, and coming from his front would be ineffective since he was moving so fast. 

"Why are you so persistent about it? What is it that you are going to get from doing all of this? To avenge your friend's life?" said Keith coldly while looking at him.

William was panting because his arms were still in pain from the blow, "Because it is my duty, and I had given a duty that I won't let you get anything and escape from here?"

Keith raised his eyebrows, "Oh? How exactly are you going to do that?"

"With all I can do now." Just as William said this, he started to charge at Keith.

But then, Keith saw something on William's left hand that was crumpled. He must have been so desperate that William thought he could do the same trick again at him. 

Before William could land his fist on Keith's face once again, Keith stopped it with one of his hands and started to punch him in the gut. Stopping his movement once and for all.

"You are one hundred years too early to think you can punch me from the front. You're just an amateur compared to the guards that I've killed along the way on this site." He then kicked William to the side.

He fell to the ground, but when he was about to get up, Keith kicked his stomach. William tried to get up but was eventually brought down by a punch from the back. 

It went on for fifteen minutes of William getting beaten and punched back and forth. Leaving no time for William to collect his posture to fight back against him. Keith then ended it with a hard blow to the gut.

Keith then walked over him, making his way to the file cabinet that was in the room, "Give up. There was no way for you to win against me."

William was struggling from his feet as he just took a decent blow from Keith to the stomach, he wanted to throw up, but he couldn't. But he didn't give up. He stood up from his knees and started to charge at Keith once again.

Seeing that William was relentlessly running at him, Keith easily dodged his attack and elbowed his back to immobilize him. Keith then crouched and grabbed one of his arms.

"Don't even try to think about it." With that, Keith snapped one of William's hands until it was completely cracked in half.

William screamed as Keith just broke one of his arms, the pain was much greater than just taking a blow to the arm, and he couldn't use his right hand right now. His elbow was completely broken.

Keith thought that this was enough to make William stop coming at him, and he continued to walk to the file cabinet. He then just broke the cabinet with his bare hands and took out its content.

He went through and looked at several files and documents that were in the cabinet. Keith didn't show any expression at all, and he was neither happy nor upset with what he had just seen from the documents.

William looked at Keith, who was reading the documents. It must have been the information for SCP-582. With all of his energies left, he stood up from his knees while holding his broken arm.

Knowing that William was once again on his knees, Keith sighed, "You really are a stubborn one, aren't you?"

He didn't answer what Keith had just said to him and started to walk toward him. His current mission is to make sure that any information regarding SCP-582 shouldn't be taken away by the Chaos Insurgency,

Keith looked at William, "Stop. You might want to look to the right."

William didn't know what this meant, but he looked to the right, but there was nothing other than an empty wall. But then, he took another fistful of blows from his left side on the face.

"I meant my right." said Keith as he just punched William in the face with all of his might.

He was knocked to the ground, and there was no more energy left from William. He couldn't endure more pain for him to take another blow. His head was dazed, and his vision was blurry.

But then, he saw Keith's shoes in front of his eyes, and he dropped the file next to him. Keith then walks away from his vision, "If that's what you're here for, then that's for you."

William tried to raise his hand toward the file but ran out of energy. His consciousness was beginning to fade, and his vision was becoming increasingly blurry. The last thing he heard was Keith speaking to him as he left the room.

"We'll meet again, William. If fate allows us to cross paths once again."

32