Chapter 3
6.6k 2 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    The transit to the University did not take too much time with the technology of superluminal travel paired with portal jumping technology, Leandria quickly reached her destination. 

           The farewell with her parents went on with an emotional note. To let their only child leave them to a place so far away from home could not help but cause worry for the parents. But they chose to override the caution to let their girl have her chance at a better future. For rich people, the travel cost from the star sector to the star sector is nothing much compared to prolonging their lives and such it for a farmer couple to visit their daughter every month or even at least a year will be hard because a single transit will be more than enough to put a dent into their savings. 

            While portal jumps are easily accessible but they are fairly costly to do so, so not every Sam and Harry does that. But due to the scholarship offer Leandria got she will be picked up by a ferrying service in their starship and be allowed to reach the planet on which the University is located. 

            By the time the starship she boarded reached the Massalix star system, she was amazed by the view from the outer system. 4 blue stars were orbiting each other and the energy expended by them is so much that there were many modules like dyson swarms installed on the surface covering the brightness of the stars and allowing the heat and light to reach the planets orbiting the stars, the technological marvels are due to the work of the Triumvirate alliance that rules over a number of galaxy clusters. In this star system on one of the planets is the Massalix Academy for etherial tech and sciences, most just call it the Massalix Academy. 

              Though it is considered a prestigious Academy it is only up to the standards of the galaxy they live in and the Teria star cluster in which the Massalix academy belonged to is at the rim of the spiral galaxy called Sintinus galaxy. 

          The Triumvirate alliance has branches in all of the major star clusters and sub-branches in star sectors to get their words through. The Triumvirate alliance is an alliance forged by the heads of the ancestral planet in which they all came from, each of the alliance partners has a specific job to do and what the three of them does is to safeguard from internal threats, external threats and internal affairs. The collective of all the civilisation that managed to guide all of the civilisation came to be known as the IMANITY. 

             Lea broke out of her inner thoughts about how the civilisation advanced and its history, which was mind-boggling for a person who's got transmigrated from a not-so-advanced civilisation. The starship only just came out of its FTL travel in a higher dimension to main reality, and was stationed outside of star system due to gravity influence of the star system. The starship used her sunlight propulsion system and directed itself to Massalix 5 in which the academy is located. 

              The whole of the planet of Massalix 5 was turned into the Academy and it subsidiaries. The major city in Massalix 5 is where Leandria will be staying for the duration of her graduation of 5 years. Lea will be provided with a stipend that will be enough for her living expenses to rent a place in the city and being an Academy student she will be getting free transportation services and food will be obtained from the Academy mess halls. She will have to find cash for her other expenses after considering the freebies Academy provides. 

            The ferrying service anchored at a moon orbiting the Massalix 5 and Lea took a shuttle service to reach a major city called the Witrep city. It was one of cities in Massalix 5 to cater to the needs of the academy. 

           Within an hour she reached the place where she rented an apartment in the slums. As she was a scholarship student she could only afford to make compromises to live in buildings in slums. One would think of slums from the viewpoint of a 21st-century earthling then they will be wrong. Even the city had tall buildings stretching to the skies and it was the same for the slums too, just that the buildings in slums were not sky-touching of sorts. But any random building in slums could beat the tallest buildings build until the 21sth century. 

           But what truly makes it the slums is not the cleanliness but rather the space available on the surface and inside buildings. She later came to know that almost all the buildings have spatial manipulation done on them. Spatial manipulation is a mature tech and it was even used in the Leandra room, it was due to spatial manipulation that she felt her room was rather large for just a bedroom. 

              She received the security codes for her room and was on her way to her room when she understood, what they meant by slums because next to an apartment might be a convenience store or a cafe. The ceilings were also higher as spatial manipulation enlarges the dimensions but what truly distinguishes a slum from the places of rich people is the people living in that place, the security, and the amount of spatial manipulation applied to the buildings. 

        She reached her apartment and she found the room very much satisfying from the point of view of an earthling. It loked high-tech, felt lavish and had a lot of space more like a villa than an apartment. There was a living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and a separate room for just a wardrobe too. To an earthling, it was luxury but to everyone else in this city, it was a dirt cheap apartment in the slums. 

             This managed to once more shake her worldview since she had transmigrated. The floating module that followed her to her apartment was the backpack she had packed which contained all of her clothes and other necessities. When she manipulated it to place things with the help of a terminal she was surprised to find even the backpack contained spatial manipulation. It contained a lot of clothes and other things but it did not even fill 10 per cent of the space in the wardrobe. 

      "Now it's time to inspect other things"

65