c1 – The Archive
181 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking out of the study, Katia decided to survey the state the Archive was in. Yawning lightly, she headed towards the control nexus of the tower.

Originally built as a 50-floor tower, it was later modified by the spirit of time and space to create a dimensional space within. Spirits are existences that personify the elements that made up the world of Wairua. There are 7 different elements, each with a spirit ruling over it. These spirits, though not on the level of gods can manipulate great phenomena. Said to be whimsical, they only give their blessing to people who interest or amuse them. The Ancients had the blessings of 6 spirits, and they built buildings to house them. These buildings, with the blessings of the spirits, resulted in great advancements to the research and development of technologies.

The Archive has the blessing of the spirit of time and space. Blessings are the crystallisation of power in the form of a core given by the spirits. With this blessing, the Archive became a dimensional space, with no limits to store and preserve not just books, but relics and grimoires too.

Entering the nexus, there was a glowing core levitating, with various hums of machinery in the background. Approaching the core slowly, Katia approached the terminal to operate the tower and scanned her palm against a panel.

"Librarian Katia Librorum, identity confirmed." Surprised by the sudden voice, Katia jumped in fright at the first voice she heard since she awakened. Looking cautiously at the core, she breathed deeply to calm herself. " Tell me the status of the Archive."

A screen showing the status quo materialized in front of her. Checking the status, Katia was relieved when the core informed her that the Archive was intact. 

Prohobitus Autem Bibliotheca

State: Intact

Administrator: Katia Librorum

No. of Floors: 1000

MP: 9875/∞

[Space-Time Manipulation], [Cleaning], [Floor Creation], [Trap Creation], [Guardian Summoning]

"Do you need a map denoting the current location?" Prompted by the core, Katia complied and made the request, only to be confused by the map projected.

"Where are we?" Tilting her head, she questioned the core about this. Silence hung in the air, only for the core to voice its denial. Pondering that fact, Katia deduced that the world really has changed. Based on the map, it would seem that plate tectonics have occurred and the ley lines the buildings were built on probably have shifted too. Katia eyes gleamed that the theories proposed back then were proven to be true.

Studying the map closely, Katia traced the flow of the ley line that the Archive was built on. Katia noted that the tower had shifted along with it and was now located on the eastern continent after unsealing itself from the magical rift. Katia had sealed the Archive by utilizing an administrator command to seal the tower in a magical rift via space-time magic, where the gods will never look for. It goes to show that the plan was a great success.

Sorting her thoughts, Katia was relieved that she wouldn't have to carry out repairs to the Archive. The last time she had helped out was so tiring that she had to take a month's leave to recuperate her magic power. Although repairs were carried out by magicians using magic power, the magic power required was a lot. Having to carry out the repairs alone would be a long nightmare.

Humming, Katia was in a jovial mood. Ever the responsible girl, Katia created a to-do list. There was so much that she needed and wanted to do. In order of priorities, it was to:

(1) Ensure the state of the items stored in the Archive,

(2) Investigate how much the world has changed,

(3) Look for the other 5 buildings with the Spirit's blessings, and

(4) Collect more books!

As the bibliophile she is, she was incredibly excited at the prospect of the fourth objective, having already read most of the books that could be found in the Archive. But there were more important things to do and it could only wait for later. Deciding that she should get the main priorities out of the way as soon as possible, she summoned another panel, this time requesting the core to show the state of the items stored currently. This only made her heavily depressed, sighing heavily.

"Papa! Why did you not arrange the items in any order at all!", she ranted. Pouting, she cursed at the fact that her time would be spent in rectifying something that she had told off Papa for. Her father had placed the books as he pleased, despite the countless warnings. She couldn't forget how many times she had wasted hours just to search for a book, only to be exasperated by the fact that the book was placed right where it should not be. The core could only offer her a silent response, unable to help.

One could only wallow in depression for so long. Katia picked herself up, determined that she would try to finish the task quickly. It seems that it would be a long time before she would get her chance of obtaining any books.

8