c2 – Procrastinating
189 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, where to begin. Well ain't that obvious, Katia thought. Katia will start with her favourite section. Katia shut the terminal down, picking up a small lapel pin before walking to the section for myths and legends. The lapel pin being a mini-terminal, Katia had it illuminate the way towards that section.

Upon entering, Katia smiled at the piles of books in front of her. Taking a deep breath of the smell of old books, Katia's eyes swept over the covers of them, smiling upon recognizing some of her favourite books.

Ahh, this is bliss, Katia thought. Picking some books up, the thought of rearranging the books had completely fled her mind. Yes, Katia was procrastinating. It seems Katia is not much different from her father after all.

Settling herself into a comfortable position among the books, Katia quickly got absorbed into reading. Picking a book, finishing it, read the next volume, finish, repeat...


Lost in time, Katia suddenly yawned. Getting up to stretch, Katia was made aware of her cutely rumbling stomach. Groggily, she advanced back to the pantry to make herself something to eat.

Feeling lazy to cook, Katia decided that today she will be eating from her reserves. Taking out a prepacked sandwich from her spatial storage, Katia lightly pan-fried it before serving it. She drooled at the aroma emitted from the ingredients filled in the sandwich.

Quickly chomping in, she devoured her sandwich in no time, licking her fingers to savour the juices that overflew. Clearing up, Katia went to prepare herself for bed.

Hmm, I'm forgetting something, Katia briefly had the thought. Walking back to her quarters, she quickly dismissed the thought and prepared herself for bed. Having tucked into the sheets, a sudden shrill ring from the lapel pin shook her mind awake.

The core was exasperated at the level of degeneracy Katia had fallen to. Taking the problem into its own hands, it decided that it should remind her of what she had decided to do. 

Well, Katia wasn't that shaken, quickly falling back into a stupor, sleepily telling the terminal to wake her in 8 hours. Peeved at being treated like an alarm clock, the core this time tried annoying her in her sleep by making a racket.

Ring. Bzzt. Beep. Deet. It seems Katia was dead to the world. Frustrated by its inability to wake Katia, or its inability to do any more than that, it decided to take drastic measures and give her a light zap with some electricity.

"Munya. That's quite comfortable...Zzz...'' That is not the response I want, the core giving up.

Checking Katia 's data, the core sighed.

Katia Librorum

Race: Ancient (Half-Elf)

Job: Librarian of the Archive

State: Healthy (Immortal)

Titles: <Last Librarian>, <Grimoire Keeper>, <One who Surpasses Age>, <Fathercon>, <Administrator>, <Grimoire Index>, <Manipulator of Space-Time>, <Genius>

Skills: [Procrastination], [Bookeeping], [Comprehension], [Language], [Appraisal], [Space-Time Magic], [Librorum]

Notes: Katia hates xxxxxx. - Sebas

Like father, like daughter, the core thought. Seems like it is a family trait that all Librorums have the skill called procrastination. The skill procrastination gives a person a great imagination but reduces concentration and stamina, making them more prone at daydreaming. When combined with a bibliophile, it makes a deadly combination.

At this rate, nothing will get done, the core thought in exasperation. 

Well, the core cannot predict what will come, and could only resign itself to whatever fate had in store for Katia. For now, it decided that it should deal with Katia's bad habits first. 

Katia could only wake up the next day in horror to the sound of mice gnawing away at some wood.

9