Prologue
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ω

The symbol that gave hope to people, the symbol that they saw and felt tomorrow to come.

 

The symbol of a man who singlehandedly saved what remained of human population time and time again.

 

A symbol both a blessing and a curse.

 

A bare chested man kneeled before a horde of hideous creatures, some bearing disgusting warts, some clad in bonelike armor, some dripping blood, limbs missing or barely attached, guts nearly spilling, and all with the same maniac look at the man.

 

The horde spanned miles as if a never ending wave of abominations, some as tall as sky scrapers, some faster than the eye could see, some could fly, and some as monstrous as creatures from nightmares.

 

The man looked up to the horde, his eyes simmering with rage, fire covered his form, a large Omega pattern could be seen adorning his chest. He stood clutching a simple red ribbon, with tears falling from his rage filled eyes he roared, a roar that could be heard for miles, yet none did. for he was the last.

 

"YOU BASTARDS! I'LL MURDER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ABOMINATIONS."

 

He disappeared only to appear before a creature taller than him 3 times over, yet with frightening ease he hefted the thing by its legs and swung it, using it as a club to kill smaller creatures, and he threw  it to a giant plated creature.

 

His Omega Symbol thrummed, the lines grow and covered farther, reaching to his head and eye, to his foot and 2 more forming at his shoulders only for fire like lines to run down his arms, fire cloaked his being and with a punch a veritable inferno engulfed the creatures. The closest ones burned to ash instantly, the ones further back seriously injured.

 

The man jumped, he jumped further than humanly possible, he leaped higher than skyscrapers, he leaped so far that the creatures looked small, and at the height of his jump he let himself relax. he came flying up almost horizontally and looked at the clouds, clouds once beautiful now tainted by the virus. he muttered under his breath and as he came falling he slowly faced down, he engulfed his being with flames, the flames spreading far from him, accelerating his descent, making him faster and faster.

 

He cut through the sky like a meteor, he landed among the horde in a great thunder of disaster. he cratered far down and his flames crashed around him, the horde reduced by thousands, millions even. but as he recovered and jumped out it seemed to be with no end. the ones he killed replaced nigh-instantly by another creature.

 

His battered body rose and he charged, wreathed in flames he brought havoc, like a tornado of flames everything in his path was turned into ash, each punch carried a great deal of rage, but even greater regret, each roar filled with determination but a greater amount of pain. each wound received healed fast, but nothing compared to his already scarred heart.

 

He fought 6 days and 6 nights and he slowed, the wounds he received healed slowly, so slow that each injury piled up more and more. his punches weaker, no longer killing with a single blow, his flames weakened from their raging inferno to merely burning and injuring hordes of monsters.

 

The monsters poured in seemingly endless, he lost his arm and one who used acid got his eye and scarred his face. his rage no less but his energy nearly out. he huffed and could only feel anger, anger to these abominations who took everything from him, but also to himself, for being so weak.

 

He burst forth and ripped the arm of a creature with claws, using it as a makeshift weapon he cut through creatures with a a burst of ferocity, but as quickly as it came it left him. A punch he could've easily dodged or even countered hit him in his weakened state, sending him flying and into the chest of a plated monster with shoulders wider than a car, it grabbed hold of his arm and using it as leverage swung him into the ground many times. seemingly satisfied the monster grabbed the man's chest, and with its other arm on the man's right arm he pulled them apart. 

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" With a scream of pain and a disgusting sound of tearing flesh and crunching bones the man's right arm was pulled off his body. 

 

He burst into flames enough for the thing to let go of him. he crumpled to the ground and glared hatefully at the creature, he leaped at it and head butted it  staggering it.

he fell no energy left to even offer a resistance, he lay there for what seemed to be minutes, he felt the blood leaving his body, his aching muscles, his injuries, every bone on his body creaking, and the soul crushing regret.

 

'If only I was stronger they wouldn't have died. if only I was stronger...' with his final regrets he felt numb to the giant creature picking him up, the last thing he saw was the closing mouth of the behemoth.

 

Ω

 

Author's Notes:

I wrote this all in one go, at first I was thinking more like a fanfiction SI where the MC's world changed to be like in The Last Human, but I wanted the MC to be strong, and if it just like that then how would the MC be strong when he doesn't know shit about breathing techniques? Don't get mistaken the MC is strong as you saw there, but I didn't include the special zombies which could be said to be Mini-bosses or just bosses in general, I will make flashback sequences of his memories of the first apocalypse and why and how everyone but him died. hint hint, its cause he acted like a dumbass.

Was it cool?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0