02 – Understanding the situation
333 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
I decided to change the writing style, because i think this way of writing style is better XD, hope you like it

After learning the names of the married couple and their child, Edelweiss saw Clara's pale face and asked her parents.

"What about Clara? Is she sick?” (Edelweiss)

Actually, Edelweiss wanted to ask about the city they mentioned but seeing Clara's state she decided to save the question for later.

“She got poisoned” (Rhea)

“Poison?” (Edelweiss)

Edelweiss noticed a small scratch on Clara's hand and asked a new question.

"Did she get a scratch from a poison-coated weapon?" (Edelweiss)

Rhea replied nodding. Edelweiss tries to understand the situation they are in from the clues, from Roy who is injured to Clara who is poisoned. Judging from Roy's wound, it wasn't just a wolf attack.

"Are you guys running away?" (Edelweiss)

She asked the question to make sure that her guess was correct or not. Because she noticed Roy's body had slash wounds too, the chances of them escaping were high. If it is true that they fled, what caused them to flee?

Edelweiss would determine her next course of action depending on their answers, as she didn't want to get stuck in trouble without properly understanding the situation. Therefore, she tried to get as much information as possible from them.

"Seeing from the wound suffered by uhhh Uncle Roy's, it wasn't only from the wolf attack but from the sword slash too, right?" (Edelweiss)

Roy was silent for a moment and answered Edelweiss's question.

“Yes, we were escaping from the bandit's attack, we intended to go to the city that is behind the Magnolia Mountain to ask for help to overcome this bandit problem but, I didn't expect that they would sabotage the path to climb as well, with this the town of Grafton is really isolated” (Roy)

Roy explained what situation happened to them, but Edelweiss still didn't understand why they brought Clara too, if they wanted to ask for help then Roy himself would be enough. Because if sees Rhea and Clara are not the types of fighters, therefore she is very confused unless they have a certain reason such as to move from Grafton to another town for example.

Hearing Roy's explanation, it seems that the current condition of Grafton Town is very complicated. It seems that they are not only facing the problem of bandits, but also other problems, such as economic problems. Well, that's just my guess.

Edelweiss more or less understood the current situation of Grafton Town. But she felt that the current situation was not as simple as Roy said.

“Say, is there any other problem besides the bandit problem?” (Edelweiss)

“Yes, with the appearance of the Kraken fishermen cannot fish too far from the Harbor and its surroundings. Because of that, the fishermen's catches are dropping than usual” (Roy)

Uwaa, Kraken!

"The problem is that Grafton doesn't have A rank adventurers, forget about A rank, even if we have A there, they can't do much because the Kraken is at sea and that makes it more complicated" (Roy)

What he said is true, with the Kraken in the sea then the way to attack is also limited, although using a ship is still at a disadvantage.

Edelweiss closed her eyes and thought of a solution for the Kraken problem, she simulated various ways to defeat the Kraken in her mind. Roy's curiosity kicks in because he sees Edelweiss closing her eyes asked her.

"What are you thinking about?" (Roy)

Edelweiss opened her eyes and answered.

“I'm trying to understand the current situation. Oh yes uncle, how long Grafton has been in this situation?” (Edelweiss)

Roy was silent for a moment and answered.

“If counted since the appearance of the Kraken then it is 6 months, but if counted since the start of the bandit problem then it is already 1 month” (Roy)

Edelweiss closed her eyes again and went back to thinking for a while. Roy didn't bother her because he knew that Edelweiss was trying to understand the information, that he gave her.

Edelweiss who was still closing her eyes asked Roy.

“Uncle, are you going to continue your journey or return to Grafton?” (Edelweiss)

"In a state of injury like this, I prefer to Return to Grafton, right Rhea?" (Roy)

"Yeah, we should just go back to Grafton, even though we gave Clara the antidote, I'm still worried if she doesn't rest properly" (Rhea)

Edelweiss opened her eyes and looked at Clara, she smiled when she saw Clara sleeping on her mother's lap. She finally looked at the moon and her smile turned into a sad, and lonely smile.

Even though Edelweiss smiled she was still sad because she felt lonely, in the 2 lives she lived, she was still an orphan. Rhea decided to follow her motherly instincts after seeing Edelweiss' sad expression, Rhea moved Clara into her father's lap and went to hug Edelweiss from behind.

Edelweiss was surprised because Rhea suddenly hugged her from behind, but Edelweiss didn't mind that and let her, without realizing she had tears in her eyes and said “Thank you” while smiling happily.

17