03 – Conspiracy?
299 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rhea waited for Edelweiss to stop crying, after she stopped and calmed herself Rhea asked what Edelweiss would do after this.

“Edelweiss, what are you going to do after this?” (Rhea)

“Before that, I want to ask you something, has Grafton taken action on this bandit problem? Like asking adventurers to deal with bandits for example” (Edelweiss)

Edelweiss was curious about what action Grafton took because it's been 1 month since the bandit problem started.

“To take a bandit subjugation quest requires a rank D adventurer at the very least, and the current Grafton only has an E rank” (Roy)

“W-what?” (Edelweiss)

“Actually, I'm a C rank adventurer. But Edelweiss as you can see, I can't do much if it's just me alone, and I just found out something shocking when I met the bandits earlier” (Roy)

“Something surprising? Somehow, I have a bad feeling about this” (Edelweiss)

Roy closed his eyes and sighed, then opened his eyes. And telling the information that makes Edelweiss suprise.

“Before the issue of the Kraken's appearance, many adventurers stayed or made Grafton their base, but after the appearance of Kraken's, the adventurers started to leave Grafton one by one” (Roy)

After hearing what Roy said, Edelweiss grew suspicious and convinced that this wasn't just a bandit problem.

“The adventurer guild master Alfrea in Grafton had suspected that something was wrong with the current situation since the start of the bandit problem, but she had no evidence, so she couldn't act freely, and that's also what frustrates her about this situation” (Roy)

Hmm, if it's like what he said then it seems that Alfrea has a sharp intuition. Well, if she doesn't have that kind of ability then she won't be able to become a guild master, right? She became a guild master because of her ability.

“And now I can prove that because I recognized the identity of the bandits that attacked us, the bandits that attacked us were adventurers who left Grafton 1 month ago” (Roy)

“…” (Edelweiss)

Edelweiss was speechless at what Roy said. Roy was not surprised by the reaction shown by Edelweiss because the information she got really surprised her.

It's no wonder that Alfrea is frustrated with the current situation, but if we tell her this information maybe Alfrea can investigate something from within the city and take action. But I think even if she wants to act, she can't do much without concrete evidence. Well, at least now that there is clear evidence that the bandits who isolated Grafton were adventurers who left Grafton 1 month ago, what remains is who is behind this conspiracy.

"So that's why you guys were a bit hesitant to go back to Grafton earlier" (Edelweiss)

Nod

Roy and Rhea nodded, then Edelweiss asked them.

"So, who is Alfrea suspecting right now?" (Edelweiss)

“The mayor and merchant guild master” (Roy)

“…” (Edelweiss)

Edelweiss was speechless for the second time with the information she got.

Do they intend to run away from Grafton after extorting as much wealth as they can from citizens of Grafton? With the information I currently know I can conclude like this. With the appearance of the Kraken in Grafton and since they couldn't handle the Kraken anyway, they make a conspiracy so they can profit from this conspiracy, they planned this conspiracy so it wouldn't be too suspicious, then they shared the results once the conspiracy was over. That's all I can conclude from the current information.

"Uncle do you know where their base is?" (Edelweiss)

“Oi-oi don't tell me you want to storm their base” (Roy)

“Maybe? Sooner or later, we have to attack them if we don't want to let them escape because according to my calculations from the information you tell me, they will run away soon” (Edelweiss)

Roy was silent for a moment when he heard what Edelweiss said and he sighed. Roy recalled the movement of Edelweiss that was shown to him earlier, the movement of Edelweiss earlier was not the movement of an amateur. According to Roy, the movement shown by Edelweiss was on the same level as a rank B adventurer. But still, he didn't want Edelweiss to act rashly, even though they had just met Roy felt that they were close. He sighed again.

“I don't know the exact location of their base, but it doesn't seem far from the main route, maybe around the valley between the mountains there” (Roy)

Roy told Edelweiss while pointing at the location. Edelweiss looked in the direction he was shown while devising a plan.

"Well, I've decided, I decided to meet with the guild master Alfrea first and make a plan with her" (Edelweiss)

Roy was relieved that Edelweiss didn't immediately storm the bandit headquarters. Edelweiss who saw Roy's expression couldn't help but smile wryly because he seemed to think that she would immediately attack the bandits without a second thought.

I'm not that reckless to directly attack them without a plan you know.

After Edelweiss complained in her heart, she showed her pouty face to Roy.

“Alright after resting for a while we will go to Grafton” (Edelweiss)

Edelweiss who was still in a pout state said what they would do next.

13