Hunting
289 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Along with the sound of leaves rustling from the gentle breeze, the birds sing their song as they weaved through the trees. While listening to the serene sound of nature around her, the Doll gazes deeper into the woods in search for prey.

It's been about half an hour since she left the house and has traveled about 200 meters in a straight line into the forest. While its not that far from the entrance, its not that deep either, which is perfectly fine.

However. Despite the fact that the town has been uninhabited for a few years now (at least to her knowledge), she couldn't find any decent size game to shoot at. While there are small birds and squirrels that she could hunt and are plentiful in numbers, using a .300 WinMag on such a small prey would be incredibly overkill and inefficient. And most of all, she doesn't want to shoot the small things just to process half of its obliterated corpse.

Seeing nothing besides another squirrel squeaking like crazy at the mere sight of her, she just sighs in disappointment as she sat down on a small boulder. While watching a pair of birds preening its feathers perched on the branches above, the incessant squeaking of the squirrel was getting closer and closer.

She sighs once again as she stealthily pick up a rock with her right hand and whilst keeping her head on the birds direction, she glance to the right with her eye. The squirrel seems to have a shtick of just aggressively squeaking at any creature that refuse to leave the area around its tree as it personally came down just to confront her. While finding it somewhat amusing that it would do that to a predator many times its own size, she had just enough of it's annoying tirade.

She was about to raise her hand holding the rock when something moved through the trees and caught her attention. There. About a few hundred meters out, through the gaps of the trees could be seen was a big deer, grazing on a small clearing along with a few other deers. 

She froze for a second before smiling in delight. She dropped the rock and carefully unslung the rifle from her back and turned off the safety. Perhaps sensing the dangerous air surrounding the Doll, the little dare devil turned tail and flees straight for its little hole. Meanwhile, the Doll has already raised her rifle and aimed at the heart, her finger slowly putting pressure on the trigger.

A few seconds pass. The weight of her index slowly increasing before finally, a break. The rifle flared to life as its muzzle flashes whilst sending a bullet to the target at super sonic speeds. The recoil impulse was felt the next instant, before her sight picture shifts. The moment her view returns to the target, it was already in the process of falling as the energy of the bullet transfers over to the animals flesh.

After seeing one of their own tumble into the ground followed by the sound of gunshot, the rest of the herd quickly scrambled, prancing away from the unseen danger at break neck speeds and disappeared deep into the woods.

'Yes!'

The Doll cheered at the sight of a felled game and quickly chambered another round before fetching her cane. After using it to shakily stand up from the rock, she then hurriedly hobbled her way towards the downed deer with her right hand still holding the rifle by the pistol grip. This is so in case she encounters any dangerous creatures attracted by the sound of gunshots and to also finish off the prey if it's still alive and was just incapacitated.

While carefully but quickly making her way to her prey, she notes that the cane keeps sinking into the soft forest soil and the birds that were welcoming the spring with their song was now gone. The silence felt like it was making every step she takes so much louder for some reason, while her senses felt so much sharper. While she knows it was her doing that scared the birds away, she couldn't help but feel the forest was eerily quiet.

While shaking off the feeling like she is being watched, she decided to pick up the pace by skipping on one leg. While a little more energy intensive, it does get her to the deer faster.

After a while, she finally got to her kill but noticed something wrong almost immediately once she got a good view of the area around the dead deer. 15 meters away from her. Scattered around the area where the whole herd was grazing at, were apples.

Apples, in an area where there aren't any fruit bearing trees in sight. This stops her in her tracks as the oddity of the situation bewilders her.

'Why is there a bunch of apples gathered on one spot? Squirrels? Fruit bats? But its in the middle of the day. Unless…'

Suddenly, something hits her, followed by a super sonic crack. Sparks flew in the air as the cane in her hand was shot out of her hand. Her balance was broken as her support vanishes and went down to the ground. Half a second later, the sound of gunshot came from her northeast.

The Doll who landed face first quickly raised her head and spat out the dirt that got in her mouth and quickly started crawling towards the nearest tree, her rifle getting dragged along by the sling that was still wrapped around her arm. While trying to stay out of sight, she sat up with her back against the trunk while also using it as cover. She pulled her rifle closer and hugged it.

While trying to calm down from suddenly taking fire out of nowhere, she adjusted her hold on her rifle to a more proper one. After several seconds of gathering herself, she slowly peeked out from her cover only for another bullet to zip past her face. She quickly pulled back into cover, and fired blindly towards the general direction of the gunshot and hid herself.

After a few seconds, another shot was fired and hit the trunk she was using as cover, which made her flinch. After chambering another round, the Doll slowly turned around, careful to not reveal any of her body from out of cover. Now that she is on her knees and her hands on the bark, while still hugging the tree, she quickly pied around the trunk by increments. Using this method, she lowers the risk of getting shot by a prepared opponent while getting a small window to grasp their location. 

After doing this a few more times, 2 shots whizzes past her face and a muzzle flash of could be seen between some bushes a hundred or so meters out. Calmly grabbing her rifle leaned against the tree, she then stood up on her one leg and while leaning her left shoulder on the tree for support, readied her rifle close to her body.

She mentally prepares herself while pressing her forehead against the barrel with her eyes closed. After reassuring herself that her tactic would work, she then peeks out to the right. By pressing her left knee against the left side of the trunk, she could lean her whole upper body to the right as her left knee was serving as an anchor point to give her some leverage in controlling her upper body.

The moment she poked her head out of cover, she aims the rifle towards the last known location of the attacker and shot. She quickly followed it with another but during the short moment of chambering her second shot, the assailant fired a short burst at her. Besides the single bullet hitting the roots of the tree, everything else didn't hit anything and just flew by before disappearing into the woods behind her.

Whilst pulling back the bolt and chambering another round, she kept her aim towards the bushes, waiting for a response to see if they are still alive. But after waiting for a minute in absolute silence, she judges that the attacker must have either died or was incapacitated. While vigilant for any further attacks she scans her surroundings before she slowly hopped towards her discarded makeshift cane which was not that far.

While warily looking around for any nearby threats, she balances on her single leg while leaning down to pick up her cane. She gives the cane one quick look over before judging that, besides one of its legs having a small chunk taken out by the bullet, it was still perfectly functional as long as she doesn't put her whole weight on the thing.

Next, she slowly made her way to the spot where the assailant was, constantly watching her left and right in case there was another that decided to join in the fight belatedly. After a some time, she finally got to her attacker and quickly saw the motionless body of a man laying prone between some bushes. Getting closer to the dead man, she takes in the gruesome scene.

The unknown man had a frozen look of both fear and shock as his head was tilted to the right side, resting on the assault rifle's butt stock. Meanwhile, his left hand was on the back of his neck where there's a lot of bleeding in that area. Pushing the hand aside with the muzzle of her rifle, she sees the exit wound created by the bullet. The bullet must have deviated a bit after entering as the point of impact was the area between his upper left lip and his nose.

The Doll looks at the dead body coldly for a while before kneeling down besides it and turns the body over. While being careful to not get any of his blood on her, she searches his body for anything useful but found nothing but a freshly open pack of cigarettes(which she promptly threw away), a zippo, a wallet with some good amount of money on it, and a few STANAG magazines which was full of black tipped 5.56x45. She lets out a small whistle at the last one.

She pockets the said items and took his rifle and slung it over her other shoulder. She then turns her sight to the large rucksack besides a small pile of apples and opened it. She quickly threw out the man's clothes and kept what seems to be useful before picking some of the apples and threw those inside the rucksack. After throwing out the junk, she then slings the rucksack over her shoulder and carefully got up with the help of her cane. Taking one last look at the man, she then heads towards her kill.

When the doll arrived to where the deer is, she was happy to find that there a small pool of blood beneath it. That means that she doesn't have to worry as much about getting soaked in blood.

Dragging the stag by the antlers to a nearby tree, she then adjust the slings on both of the guns so that its hanging horizontally. In this way, the barrels won't be making contact with the stag for what she is about to do next.

She turns the deer on its back side and holds two pairs of ankles in each hand. She then uses her naturally enhanced strength as a Modified T-Doll to then swing the whole stag to her left side before swinging it back towards the tree. She followed the momentum and braced herself before her head impacts the tree.

"Ngh!"

The Doll let out a small grunt as the belly of the stag landed on the back of her head. While quickly securing two legs on each hand, she pulls on one side to balance it out before adjusting it so that its on the back of her neck instead. After balancing the deer on her neck and readjusting her hold on the legs so that she is using just one hand, she then uses her now free hand to push her off the tree and quickly lowered her center of gravity to balance herself.

With her upper body hunched forward to compensate for the extra weight added on her back and shift in balance, her right leg was also bent and looked as though she was squatting with one leg. While her right hand was holding her right knee to balance her upper body, she keeps flexing her shoulders to slightly shift the weight of the deer before slowly letting go of her knee to hold the two ankles of the deer.

After a while of making sure that her hold on the stag and other equipment secured, she then takes a small experimental hop forward. Her feet sunk deeper into the soft soil, the luggage on her back adding momentum to her feet while also shifting her balance, and the guns flailing around and hitting her lower back.

She lowered her center of gravity a bit as she wobbled a little while regaining her balance. After straightening herself, she did another experimental hop forward. Again, she lowered her center of gravity to better balance herself while her weight makes her boot sink into the soft forest soil, the sole of her boot digging into the dirt having an unexpected effect of improving her traction.

Seeing that she could somehow manage this, she starts hopping multiple times in a row while increasing her speed until she was practically prancing her way back. While she is using a lot of energy and putting a lot of stress on her only functioning leg, she doesn't think that her leg would break at something like this as T-Dolls were made with durability in mind.

While on her way back to her temporary base, she smiles at the thought of how ridiculous she must look to anyone watching her as she jumps on over a protruding tree root.

16