Chapter 19 : Yang Qi
6.7k 12 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today was the day, Stairway to Heaven was being opened, and the entire Holy Jade City was filled with people. It was so crowded people were allowed to fly in the city to avoid traffic.

 

 Shen Tian and Feng Yue walked around in the crowd, and after a few hours of the incident with the Li family, they came to the place where people were gathering the most. Shen Tian looked around and saw the Ming Family at a distance, except with a few new faces.

 

Two middle-aged men and one handsome young teen around 16 years old.

He got closer to them, and before he can even call them out, a cute voice cried, "Big Brother Tian!!!". The one who shouted was the cute little girl named Ming Li. She was currently riding on one of the middle-aged man's shoulder, waving at him with a very excited face.

 

 Shen Tian smiled wryly and walked towards her. "Greetings Ming Family, we have met again." Shen Tian greeted.

"Ah, little Tian, you're finally here. Li'er has been complaining ever since you left and I'm starting to go crazy." Joked Ming Qiu, Ming Li's mother.

 

"Let me introduce you to my husband, Shang Guang and the Yang family, Yang Qi and his father, Yang Bin." She introduced the new faces.

 

"Hello." he greeted them.

 

"Hmph, so you're the kid my fiance is obsessed with. If I were you, I would get the hell out of here right now." The handsome kid named Yang Qi said. He came all the way here to build a relationship with his 10 years old fiancee for a better relationship in the future, yet the moment he got here, all he can hear is her saying Big Brother Tian this, Big Brother Tian that. These past few days were torture for him, to hear his fiancee talk about some other man nonstop. Now that he finally got to see this "Big Brother Tian, who was just an ordinary mortal, the anger he had built up burst out. His fiancee finds this mortal better than him? The 2nd son of the Yang Family? His pride couldn't handle it.

 

Shen Tian looked at him as if clown, he was going to speak, "Wh…"

 

"Shut up! Don't speak to my Big Brother Tian like that! You go away!" But Ming Li interrupted him and shouted.

She jumped off from her father's shoulder and stood in front of him. "I don't want to marry you; you go away!" She yelled.

 

 "….Li'er, how can you speak to your fiance like that? Apologize!" Her father Shang Guang shouted at her.

 

"No! He should be the one apologizing to Big Brother Tian!" She refused.

 

 "…." Yang Qi  and his father were speechless. His Fiancee threw him away for some random stranger…

 

"Li'er…" The parents didn't know how to handle this little girl. "Ming Li, don't be rude to your family. Come here, let's enjoy this event before I go." Shen Tian patted her on the head.

 

 "Ah! Big Brother, you're going away again so soon? We just met again!" She couldn't help but turn sad.

"Ming Li, remember what we talked about back then? If I don't leave and stay here forever, what's the point of that promise?" Ming Li's face turned brighter after hearing that, "Un! I remember! But I still don't want you to leave…"

 

"....." The Ming and Yang family were dumbfounded. She'd rather listen to a stranger than her family? What medicine did he feed her?

 Shen Tian looked at Yang Qi  and said with a smile, "Sorry, but I have no intention of leaving. If you want me to leave, you'll have to convince this little girl first…"

He said while pointing to Ming Li who's entire body was stuck onto his leg like a koala holding onto a tree.

 

"….." Everybody was speechless…

*********

Yang Qi  had his livers go green with envy. His fiancee was hugging another man in front of him!

 

“You! I challenge you at the Stairway to Heaven! Whoever can climb the highest will get to marry her!”

 

“…. I think you are misunderstanding something here…. She only likes me as a Big Brother, not as a male. And she’s too young for that, so why are you so childish?”

 

“Y-you! I don’t care! This is about my pride. Do you dare climb or not?!” “Well… I already planned to climb it when I heard about it, so why not?” Shen Tian agreed to his little game.

“Good! Don’t think that just because you’re older than me, you’ll beat me! I’ll beat you and show you that I’m a better fiance for her!”

 

“Like I said, I’m not trying to…..” “No buts!” Yang Qi  interrupted him. “…”

 

* * * * *

 

 

After another few hours of waiting, the show finally begins.

 

The sky shines with brightness, and 100 Immortals ranging from Silver Immortals to Golden Immortals were in the sky, standing in a formation with a palm-sized sealed box hovering in the middle of the formation.

 

Then three more Immortals came down from the sky, but this time they had a different aura to them. Each of them had a different aura that looked domineering in its way.

 

“Look, it’s the Sect Masters from the Four Ancient Land!”

 

“That’s Zou Guo, Sect master of Azure Phoenix God Sect!” Someone pointed to a middle-aged man who came down first.

 

“Look! Xuan Ruogang, Sect Master of Five Sense Illusion Sect!” An incredibly lovely young female in her 20’s came down next.

 

“Don’t forget about Cao Jian, Sect Master of Water God Sword Sect! He’s the strongest out of them all!” Lastly was a handsome young man with looks in his early 20’s.

 

“Hey, where’s the Sect Master of Church of the Qilin God, Teng Shi? Shouldn’t he be here too?” “He’s still trying to look for his disciple’s killer….”

“Oh right, that did happen not too long ago….”

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

The three of them floated in the sky, waiting for everybody to quiet down. Everybody noticed it and stopped talking to listen.

Zou Guo stepped forward and cleared his throat.

 

“Ahem. As you all know, today is the day the Stairway to Heaven will be opened. And when it does, all of you here will have a chance to climb it. If you’re lucky, some Sect might notice you and accept you as their disciple. But keep in mind, if you’re a mortal and tries to climb this, you will die from the pressure crushing you to your death. As for you Cultivators, don’t get arrogant and try to chew more than you can, or else you’ll end up like the mortals. Don’t say that I didn’t warn you.” He warned everybody and stepped back.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Next, Cao Jian steps up. “Now I’ll tell you the rules.

First, the Stairway to Heaven will only be opened for seven days! After that, it will kick everybody out and reseal itself.

 

Second, there is a total of 10 levels with 10,000 steps in each level. If you decide to quit, break apart the talisman that will be given to you before you start to teleport you back down.

 

Third, you can not fight or have any intents of harming each other. If I catch you, I’ll personally kill you myself!

 

Lastly, you can not block someone’s way with intentions to stop them. The Stairway to Heaven is big enough to fit all of you together! So if I catch you, you’ll fail immediately.

 

That’s all!”

 

He took a step back.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Next Xuan Ruogang took a step forward and spoke in a clear and soothing voice. Many males even started to drool.

 

“I will be talking about the rewards lastly. Once you reach level 3, you are eligible to join one of the Four Ancient Land, but you must have at least a Cultivation of Heaven Realm or higher. After that, each floor you pass will grant you the reward of that level. The higher you go, the more you’ll receive obviously.

 

Level 4, You’ll be granted a pill that can raise your Cultivation from Peak Heaven Realm to Immortal Realm.

 

Level 5, You’ll be granted an Immortal Treasure corresponding to your Cultivation. Level 6, You’ll be an Inner Court Disciple instantly.

Level 7, You’ll be a Core Disciple, and you can enjoy the best resources in the Sect.

 

Level 8, Nobody has been able to step on this level in the past 1,000 years, so if you do, you’ll be a direct disciple of one of the Supreme Elders, who are the former Sect Masters.

 

Level 9, Nobody has been able to step on this level in this past…. One million years! If you do, all Four Ancient Land will spare nothing in expense to groom you into one of the next Sect Master!

 

As for the 10th Level… There’s no point to even put a reward since the last time someone who had stepped on this level was that legendary genius expert Lazy Boi from ten million years ago! He dominated and stood on top of the Immortal realm at age 18 and ascended to the next realm at age 20! What happens from there on nobody knows, so you can already imagine what it means to reach  Level 10! That’s all I have to say! Good Luck!”

79