Chapter 20 : Start Of the Event
6.2k 2 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After the three had stopped talking, the entire place roared with excitement.

 

Sect disciples wanted to get more resources and rank up; Loose Cultivators wanted to join the four strongest sects in the Immortal Realm, while the rest were for fame and self-tempering! Everybody had their reasons to climb the Stairway to Heaven.

 

“Good, Start the formation!” Commanded Cao Jian.

 

The 100 Immortals in the sky started to control the formation, and a moment later, the sealed box broke open.

 

A small set of staircase flew out and floated in the air.

 

The 100 Immortals started to channel their Spirit Power into the small staircase, and it began to grow bigger and bigger.

 

Not even a Minute later, the once small staircase turned into a huge staircase raising itself as if it wanted to reach Heaven.

 

Almost an hour later, the staircase is now 1000 miles wide and the 100,000 steps impaled through the clouds into the sky.

 

“It’s ready! All of you who want to challenge the Stairway to Heaven, go grab a talisman and start at your risk!” Zou Gou warned them again.

 

“Uuuuuuuooooh!” Everybody started to climb the Stairway to Heaven with spirit.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Shen Tian stood there and watched without moving.

 

Yang Qi  didn’t miss this and laughed, “Hahaha, are you scared already before even going? Oh, wait! I forgot you’re a mortal so you can’t even climb a step! Hahaha. It looks like I win this game!”

 

“Who said my Young Master was a mortal?” Feng Yue had a dark face.

 

Just wait till you witness my Young Master’s climbing! You’ll all go limp from shock!

 

“Hey, are you a Cultivator? How come I can’t feel anything from you?” Ming Lian asked with curiosity.

 

“Secret.” Shen Tian smiled.

 

“Hmph, don’t even try to act cool and climb it. You’ll just die!” She warned him.

“Thank you for your concern.”

Ming Lian ignored him and said, “Mother, Father, I’ll be going now. Watch me reach the 3rd level and become a disciple of the Four Ancient Land!”

 

“Good! I will wait for you here to make our family ancestors proud!” Shang Guang said.

 

“Take care Lian’er, don’t push yourself too hard. I don’t want you to get hurt…” Her mother said with a worried face.

 

“Bye bye Big Sis!” Ming Li also said her goodbyes.

 

Ming Lian ran towards the entrance and disappeared into the crowd.

 

“Heh, it’s my turn now. You should just stay here until I return with victory! I’ll show you who’s more worthy to be her fiance!” Yang Qi  followed Ming Lian.

 

“Good luck my boy! Don’t disgrace your ancestors!” Yang Bin watched his son disappear into the crowds.

 

“……”

 

“Little Tian, aren’t you going to go too?” Ming Li’s mother asked with a curious face.

 

“Of course I will, but it’s still too early. There’s no point in climbing it now.” He said with a calm face.

 

“Ming Li, let’s watch them climb for a while.” He said while pulling out the small chair again….

This time Ming Li didn’t even wait and sat on his lap before he even asked.

Shen Tian giggled at her actions.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

There are millions of people climbing the Stairway to Heaven at this moment.

 

Individuals who were there just to watch for fun kept on seeing stupid mortals trying to climb it despite the warnings and turning into a pile of meat in return. “Aiyo, another idiot went in…”

 

“Are they beasts with no brains? What are they thinking?”

 

“Hey! Look at the top! It’s Fairy Minggzhu and Wang Shui! They’re right next to each other.”

 “You’re right! They sure are worthy of being called monsters.”

“Last year they only got up to halfway on the 7th Level. Do you think they can reach the 8th Level this time?”

 

“Of Course! I wonder which one of them will reach it first? This is such an interesting battle.”

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

“Old man, you see any good seeds?” Cao Jian asked.

 

“Who are you calling old? You’re older than me by a thousand years.” Zou Guo’s eyes twitched.

 “Sigh, nobody good this year either huh?” Xuan Ruogang sighed.

 

* * * * *

 

Six days later.

 

Feng Yue was watching his Young Master Tian nervously…

 

She thought that his Young Master had said he would climb the Stairway to Heaven, yet today’s the last day, and he’s still sitting there playing with that little girl….

 

“Ahem, Young Master, today’s the last day of the Challenge… If you don’t go now, you might miss the chance to…”

 

“Ah? Oh, don’t worry, there’s still time.” Shen Tian said and went back to playing with Ming Li.

 

Feng Yue almost cried. “Ahh, my little ancestor, what do you mean there’s still time? It has already been six days, and the one at the highest is that girl called Mingzhu being at the 7th Level. Though I admit such a event like this nothing but child’s play for us but don’t tell me you’re going to fly up there right before it ends? It would spell disturbance everywhere my Lord”

 

* * * * *

 

 

“Your Five Sense Illusion Sect sure is lucky enough to have a disciple like that.” Zou Guo sighed.

 

His sect mostly cultivates pill masters, so they lacked in strength, but they were the richest with the most resource.

 

“Cao Jian’s young boy isn’t half bad either; he is only a few steps behind her. Look, they’re just a few steps away from the 8th Level. They will reach it before the time limit.” Xuan Ruogang praised Wang Shui.

 

“…..”

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Only half a day left until the Stairway to Heaven closes.

 

“Big Brother Tian, didn’t you say that you will climb the Stairway to Heaven? There’s only very little time left… I wanted to watch you climb it too…”

 

Feng Yue’s face finally brightens and said, “She’s right Young Master! There’s only half a day left. If you don’t climb now, there will be no more chances!”

 

Shen Tian looked at their pleading faces.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll go now. Ming Li, watch your Big Brother get first place!” He boasted.

“Un! I believe you!”

“Little Tian, are you sure? You don’t have to worry about that game with Yang Qi … You’re just a mortal, didn’t you see what happened to these who went earlier?” Ming Qiu started to persuade him not to commit suicide.

 

“Hahaha, you don’t have to worry about Young Master, if he’s a mortal, then what am I?” Feng Yue laughed.

 

Him, a mortal? What kind of joke was that?

 

“You? Aren’t you just little goose?” Ming Qiu was confused.

 

“………….” Feng    Yue turned speechless….

 

 “Don’t worry Senior Qiu; I’ll be alright.”

Shen Tian got up from his chair and started walking towards the entrance.

 

“I’ll be back in a bit, so don’t cause any trouble while I’m away okay?” He said to Ming Li. “Un!” She nodded her head.

 

“Her cause trouble? It’ll be you who’ll be causing trouble!” Thought Feng Yue.

They all watched him leave until his back disappears into the crowd….

“I hope he’ll be fine” Ming Qiu prayed.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Right in front of the entrance to Stairway to Heaven.

 

The one in charge of giving out talismans saw an ordinary-looking boy walk towards him. “Aiya, another stupid mortal… He’s so young too…”

 

“Young man, I suggest you turn around. You’re still too young to die…” He tried to warn him. But the young boy in front of him smiled and said calmly.

“Many thanks, your thoughts are enough. But I still wish to climb this staircase.”

 

“Haaaaa, fine, don’t say I didn’t warn you…” He gave up trying to persuade people after the 2nd day and handed him a talisman.

 

“Thank you!”

 

He watched the young boy walk towards the entrance and right when he was about to take a step onto the staircase, he closed his eyes and sighed.

 

But right when he opened his eyes, he was so shocked he can only stare blankly.

 

He didn’t see a pile of meat like he thought he would. Hell, not even a shadow was there. Where the fuck did he go?!

 

77