Chapter 30 : Longevity Restaurant
5.6k 7 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an hour, they have finally was inside the Jin Long Continent. 

“We’re finally in here.” Shen Tian said. 

Un , young master!” 

 

Shen Tian and Feng Yue were currently wandering around in the Jin Long Continent. 

  

This place was extremely lively with people advertising their market, and some even had set up stalls to sell their stuff. 

  

He walked up to a food stall that was selling a sweet chicken on a stick. 

 “Excuse me, can I have two of these?” He asked. 

The old man standing behind the stall smiled and said, “Sure thing young man, that’ll be six copper.” Shen Tian lifted his eyebrows in confusion. 

 Coppers? What’s that? 

He looked at Feng Yue and asked, “Feng Yue, what’s copper? Don’t they take Spirit Stones?”  

“I don’t think the Mortals use Spirit Stones as currency.” 

“Hmm, is that so. Hey, can you take Spirit Stones as payment?” He asked the old man. “S-spirit Stones?” He was shocked. 

Who was rich enough to spend Spirit Stones on Sweet Chicken on Stick? Even a Low-grade Spirit Stone is worth at least a 100 gold coins. 

That was already enough for him to live his entire life. 

  

But he is an honest man and didn’t want to swindle his customers. 

  

He said honestly, “Sir, even if I sell you all of my Sweet Chicken on Stick, it will not even be worth half of a Low-Grade Spirit Stone.” 

  

Shen Tian smiled upon hearing that, “Thank you for being honest. I don’t care if it’s worth it or not, here’s a Spirit Stone, just give me two.” 

  

He handed him a Spirit Stone. 

  

The old man went into shock. Did he sell just two Sweet Chicken on Stick for a Spirit Stone? 

 
 

“Thank you, Young Master, for being generous!” He bowed deeply and handed him two Sweet Chicken on Stick. 

  

“Don’t mention it. Also, have you heard of a place called Longevity Restaurant?” He asked.  

“Longevity Restaurant? You mean the one over there?” He pointed at the store only a block away. He looked at the store that had a half broken sign that read ‘Longevity Restaurant.’ 

 

“…” They were right next to it…  

 

“Thank you, have a good day.” 

 

They started walking towards that store. 

The old man looked at the Peerless Spirit Stone in his hand, he has never seen a Spirit Stone like this. 

  

He couldn’t feel the Spirit Power coming out because he was a Mortal. 

   

It was something that exist in the Mortals Realm’s Big sects and families a high grade mortal spirit spone! 

  

The old man closed down his stall for today and went to look for a place to sell this Spirit Stone. 

  

  

* * * * 

  

  

Shen Tian and Feng Yue arrived in front of the Longevity Restaurant. It was shabby and worn down. 

You can even see red spots all around as if people had been throwing tomatoes at it. 

  

They walked in and saw the interior. It was even worst than the outside. Even the chairs and tables were broken. 

  

They walked in front of the counter. 

  

“Hello, how may I help you, today?” An old lady asked them. 

  

“Hello, I am called Shen Tian. I came to ask a few questions.” He introduced himself. 

 
 

The old lady sighed and said, “I know what you’re going to ask.”  

“Eating our food will not let you live longer.” 

Shen Tian looked at her with surprise. What? That was not his question. 

  

“No, I was going to ask if you know about the Author of this book. If you do, can you tell me more about him?” 

  

He took out a worn out looking book that reads ‘Guide Book to surviving in Mortals Realm – 101+ Steps on how to survive in this living Hell! 

  

“This…” 

  

The old lady had her eyes wide open when she saw the cover. 

 “You know about it?” His eyes lit up. 

“…” She turned even sadder after looking at it. “This is a book made by my grandfather.” 

“Can you tell me more?” He sat down on a broken chair, and it creaked. “Do you really want to hear about it?’ She asked with a sour face. 

“Of course, such a fantastic book, why wouldn’t I?” 

 “A-amazing?” She was surprised. 

What was so amazing about this crap? This caused her family to lose all their face.  

Haaa, fine.” For some reason, she didn’t reject him. 

Her store is always empty anyways. 

  

  

* * * * 

  

  

She started talking. 

  

“This is a book made by my grandfather, Jai Yun. Back in the days, he was known as the world’s most cowardly and timid man.” 

  

“He was scared of everything and barely came out of his room.” 

 
 

“He was even afraid of a kid thinking that he might be an expert in disguise.” 

  

“But one day when he turned 70, out of thin air he said he wanted to become a Cultivator.” “When he said that, everybody laughed at him like he was a retard.” 

“Everywhere he went people laughed at him, calling him a retard.” 

  

“Who the hell starts Cultivating at the age of 70? That’s what everybody was saying.” “But my grandfather didn’t faze at their sneering and continued Cultivating.” 

“When he turned 75, he left the house and started adventuring.” 

  

“For 20 years, we had no news of him. We even believed he had died somewhere without a proper burial.” 

  

“But he came back when he turned 100, and it shocked all of us.” 

  

“He locked himself up and started writing this book talking about his adventures.” “After a few more years, he published it.” 

“And when he did, he suddenly disappeared into thin air. Never to be heard from again.” “After he disappeared, people laughed at us, calling us a family made of idiots and so on.” 

“Look at us now; even our whole store is torn down. Everybody makes fun of the store’s name that my grandfather came up with.” 

  

“It has even offended many people calling us swindlers and arrogant.” 

  

“We wanted to change it, but we couldn’t. This was our grandfather’s treasure.” 

  

“He treated it like it was his own son. He even made it so that only himself can change the name; even his family members can’t.” 

  

“That’s about all I have to say about that shitty old man. Anything else?” 

  

  

* * * * 

  

Shen Tian was sitting there with his eyes closed as if he was thinking something. After she had ended her story, he smiled. 

 
 

“Thank you for telling me. Here’s a little gift from me.” He lifted his hand. 

  

*Whooosh* 

  

A sudden gust of wind appeared in the restaurant, and it made her close her eyes. 

  

It only lasted for a few breaths, and when she opened her eyes, she turned dumbfounded. The surroundings looked entirely different than before. 

The broken chairs and tables now looked perfectly new. The dirty stains on the walls were clean. 

The cracks on the floor were gone. 

  

It was as if the entire place was rebuilt from scratch.  

“T-this…” She didn’t know how to react. 

“I also cast a formation in this place. From now on, no matter how much people break things in this place, it will just restore to normal.” 

  

“Also, show anyone that wants to make trouble here this token.” He handed her a token , this will protect anyone from your family forever. 

  

“Thank you young master for the treasure I will be forever indebted.” 

  

Not only did he fix up her whole torn down store, he even gave her such a precious token. 

  

“No need to thank me. It’s because of your hard work. Also, if I don’t treat someone with an honest soul nicely, who should I be treating nicely?” He smiled. 

  

“I’ll be leaving now, good luck with your store.” He said his goodbyes and left. 

  

“Thank you, Young Master! Come back if you need anything!” She bowed at the disappearing figure. 

  

  

* * * * * 

  

  

After they left, Shen Tian still had a smile on his face and thought to himself.  

“Looks like not even his family knows about the secret in this book…” 

“Feng Yue, let’s go around to eat more of the foods from the stalls. That Sweet Chicken on Stick was magnificent.” 

“Yes, Young Master.”  

Feng Yue also liked the food from the Mortals Realm; it has a unique taste. They only walked around for a few minutes until they spotted an incident. 

 

“Get out of here you swindler!” 

They watched as an old man was being thrown into the streets. 

  

“L-lord! Please, at least give me back my Spirit Stone!” The old man begged. 

  

The fat man looked at him and cursed, “Pei, what Spirit Stone? This shit is just a useless piece of pretty rock! I’ll keep it as payback for wasting my time!” 

  

He had a peerless looking stone in his hand. He knew it was a high grade mortal SS, he knew he got lucky today, and this idiot had no idea. 

 He decided to kick him out and frame him as a swindler in order to keep it.  

“Lord! Please!” The old man begged. 

“…” 

  

Shen Tian had a frown on his face. That was the old man he had just brought the Sweet Chicken on Stick from. 

One look and he can already tell what was going on. He walked towards them with big strides. 

 
 

“Hey! You!” He yelled at the fat man. 

  

The fat man looked at him and frowned, who the hell is this kid? 

  

The old man looked at this young man coming towards them like he saw his savior. This was the Young Master who had given him this Spirit Stone! 

“Did you just call my Spirit Stone a useless piece of rock?” He asked.  

The fat man frowned even more. “Yours?” 

“Yes, I was the one who gave it to him as a payment.” 

  

“Do you have any prove? If not, don’t fart around me before I beat you too!” He cursed. Anybody can just walk up to him and say it was theirs. 

Shen Tian took out another Perfect High grade mortal Spirit Stone and showed him.  

“Here’s my prove.” The fat man looked at the spirit stone and cursed in his heart, “Fuck! It is his! This boy has a high grade mortal spirit stone”  

“So what if it’s yours? It won’t change the fact that this shit is a fake Spirit Stone.” 

“And since you’re the one going around giving fake Spirit Stones to people, I’ll sue you too!” 

 “Sue me?” Shen Tian had a calm face. 

A killing intent filled with slaughter was projected towards the fat man! 

The fat man shivered ...he had unknownly  mistook this expert for an  common man. 

He immediately kowtowed and cried, “Young Master, this one was wrong and had eyes but could not recognize Mount Tai! Please forgive me!” 

  

Shen Tian had an amusing face one right now. “Wow, this little pressure really works.”  

But of course, Shen Tian had only used force because he didn’t want to argue with Mortals. 

  

But if he sees an Innocent man being framed, he would always step in to help. 

 
 

“Give back the Spirit Stone to the owner.” 

  

“Yes, Young Master! Here you go mister; I apologize for what has happened.” 

 “Ah! Silly me, here’s ten gold as an apology!” 

“A-ah..” The old man took back the Spirit Stone and ten gold in a daze. 

  

10 gold? That is already more than his lifetime savings, and he got it as an apology gift?  

“Good. Senior, take care of yourself.” Shen Tian started to walk away. 

“T-thank Young Master for his generosity again!” The old man bowed to him. Shen Tian waved his hands and disappeared. 

The fat man was still on the ground, “H-h-he didn’t kill me?” He felt like he was just hovering between life and death. 

  

* * * * 

  

“Young Master, why do you bother with the Mortals argument and why didn’t you kill that fat bastard? He even cursed at you.” Feng Yue asked out of curiosity. 

  

She has never seen anyone like her Young Master. If she was ever cursed at, she would’ve definitely killed the offender. 

  

“I help them because it makes me feel good.” He smiled. 

  

“As for why I didn’t kill him… What will killing him do?  

He is just a mortal with his own families to feed.” 

  

Feng Yue had a confused face. 

  

What was so good about helping out Mortals? And what was so difficult about killing a Mortal? And feeding the family ? What’s that to do anything with it ? She will probably never understand this Young Master of hers. 

 

63