Chapter 34 : Golden Dragon Dan
5.1k 3 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mm. This boy has passed the hurdle. It wasn’t a short time; it took around half an incense stick of time.” An old man looked to his side where an incense burner stood. A single stick of incense in it had been burnt over halfway. 
 

“This boy is different from Ling Sen. In Ling Sen’s trial, he only used several breaths of time, but this boy used half an incense stick. His heart was probably filled with a girl that he liked. However as it stands now, he probably won’t be able to break Ling Sen’s record.” The old man meaningfully smiled with a ‘ha-ha’ as he said this. 

 

“Heh heh. Valiant heroes have loved beautiful woman since ancient times. This is normal. I like this normal part of a hot-blooded boy full of vigor. That young fellow Ling Sen made me feel overwhelmed; watching him only let me feel cold and uncomfortable.” 
 
Several elder teased between themselves, because of the generational difference. Wanshan had digressed from conversation, and was peacefully sitting there while she looked at Shen Tian.  

 

Feng Yue all this time was hearing the conversations between these elders from the side lines and her face was filled with black lines...In her heart a strange thought suddenly appeared; who exactly was the girl that had appeared in the dreams of her Young Master? 
 

The fact was the elders weren’t aware that if the third trial would have been different Shen Tian wouldn’t even looked at it ! 

 

The fourth trial. Shen Tian had fallen into the depths of hell. The surroundings were dark and dim. Shen Tian was immersed waist deep in a thick, crimson pool of blood. White skulls were piled high like mountains that emerged from a sea of blood. The overwhelming shrill cries of ghosts and endless devils that blotted out the sky rushed towards Shen Tian. 

 

“Ten thousand ghosts want to stop me?” Shen Tian sneered and revolved the ‘Supreme Buddha scripture’. His whole body began to shine with a brilliant golden light, and an overwhelmingly pressure emitted outwards. 

 

“Go to hell ….no this is already the hell, then stay here forever”,Shen Tian disregarded these ghosts and demons as they turned to ashes. 

 

“Damn! It’s over!?” 
 
In the five trials of the dreamland, the first tested courage, the second tested morale, the third tested temptation, the fourth tested one’s inner demons, and the fifth tested the will. 

 

The first two trials were rather simple. The latter three were on a different level; how they appeared differed from person to person. Ling Sen had been stuck on the fourth trial that tested the demons in his heart. Perhaps it was because of Ling Sen’s bloodthirst, but the demons in his heart had been a terrifyingly difficult trial for him. Therefore he had slaughtered in that blood sea for half an incense stick of time, and only then did he barely cut away his inner demons. 
 
“This Shen Tian; does he not have a single inner demon within his heart?” 
 
“His heart and mind are pure. It is truly rare. Including the first four trials, only half an incense stick of time has passed. This is a good seedling,“ an old man exclaimed honestly. 

 

 

The last trial of the dream. Shen Tian had still not left hell. He was still soaked in the oozing thick blood, but suddenly the blood sea became scalding hot as it bubbled. 

The temperature had suddenly risen! The sanguine sea seethed with a dark fury, each bubbling pocket that burst open showered the air with a crescendo of blood. It was as if the blood sea had turned into a lake of flowing lava. 
 
Shen Tian could feel the pain that gushed into his body; it was if he was being boiled alive in this sea of blood. He knew that it was merely an illusion, and this kind of pain was nothing to him cause even if you throw him in a blazing star or a black hole nothing would happen! 

 

*Boom* 

The jade lake trial has ended , all the elders present stood up... the boy finished the trials in less than half-incense time, that is a record unpreeceded in the several million years of history of Extreme Martial Sect! 

They were flabbergasted and unable to say anything, Wanshan was also incomparably surprised. She had experienced the five trials of this dream realm before and knew exactly how fierce and powerful they were. 

 

“Extraordinary! Extraordinary! This is the first time in this one’s life have I seen someone with such a heart of martial arts! “ an old elder present praised 

 

The old man’s moved and he eagerly asked, “What is his talent?” 

 

Listening to the old man,  the lady supervisor replied, , “Fire Grade spiritual vein ” 

“Only Fire Grade spiritual vein?” The only man was surprised, and he began to shake in disappointment and sighed, “What a pity, what a pity!”, but it was inferior to the prodigies of the Extreme Martial Sect. 

 

“Congratulations on passing “ the elder supervisor congratulated the ones . 

 

“And Shen Tian as the one to gain the first place you would be provided with Golden Dragon Dan” the supervisor smiled. 

 

“Ah respected elder can I get Spirit Stones in exchange of this Golden dragon Dan “ , Shen Tian suddenly asked. 

He didn’t need Dan as he can always produce it but SS were must to eat at the stalls... 

 

“WHAT !!!!!!” the elder wasn’t able to comprehend if her hearing was right... 

Somebody here just asked for SS in exchange of this precious dan? 

 

“Y-you want exchange it for SS right ?” 

 

“Yes” 

“Well I would personally forbade you for such a thought but as its yours do as you please “ she said. 

 

The lady supervisor handed Shen Tian a bottle containing a pill with bright golden colour 

I thank elder for her generosity he said as he held the bottle containing the dan high in the air. 

 

Shen Tian scanned his surroundings with disciples present as he smiled, "I have a Golden Dragon Dan here! The first one to offer the highest price will have it!" 

 

I will give you 100 high-grade Mortal spirit stone 

 

I bet my precious cyan wind sword of high grade spirit realm 

 

200 

300 

500 

 

The people’s eyes went red with greed as they madly competed among themselves to get that pill. If they can obtain that , hell even if they lose a part of their limbs they wouldn’t hesitate... 

  

“I bet 1000 high-grade mortal SS” a fatty shouted . He was an disciple outer court who had come to see the disciple-selection of the sect... 

This fatty was named Zhao Rong and he was from the famous Zhao family of Extreme province who were renowned for doing bussinesses. 

 

“I am willing to pay 1000 SS sale it to me “ the fatty shouted 

 

“Deal” said  Shen Tian as he handed the bottle to that fatty as the fatty too handed a pouch containing 1000 high-grade SS to Shen Tian. 

 

That fatty smiled: "I am called Zhao Rong, what's the honorable name of elder brother?" 

 

 "Shen Tian! I'm only 18, and Zhao brother called me elder brother , but I’m younger than you." Shen Tian smiled, cupping his fists as he spoke. He did have an air about him that made others think he was more mature than his  age. 
 
Zhao Rong grinned: "It seems I really called you elder, hehe, but I also suffered a loss because Golden Dan are only cost 900 SS but I offered that price out of my hot bloodedness, regarding this, let's start from a clean slate. I guess I should call you younger brother? Your two years younger than me and already so amazing. You must certainly be from some famous family, but I do not know what family that is." 

 

Shen Tian guessed Zhao Rong’s family must do business , otherwise first time time he opened his mouth he wouldn’t have talked about transactions. 
 
"I came from mortal secular world." Shen Tian lied.  

 

***** 

 

“Feng Yue come back “ Shen Tian instructed the waiting Feng Yuein his mind. 

Feng Yue came back as she hopped back on the shoulder of Shen Tian.  

 

56