Chapter 62 : Master Selection
3.4k 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next-day Morning,

Both Shen Tian and Feng Yue were having their breakfast, their yesterday's endeavors seem to have also made the mood inside the room 

rather cozy and filled with warmth and affection.

 

*Knock* *Knock*

The door was someone at the door

"......."

"Who's is it?" Shen Tian asked

 

"Ah, young master Shen, the Master-selection ceremony would be held soon so we came “ The Sect Master's voice came from behind the door.

Opening the door , Shen Tian saw the sect master, along with Xiao Heng and Chan Jingyi, were present at the entrance with smiling faces.

"Hmm, let's go"

 

The four of them departed

 

******

On the way to the Master Selection, they scared every single disciple, they met on the way.

Not only was the Sect Master there, even their Sect’s most talented Genius Xiao Heng and Chan Jingyi was there! Followed by a random Disciple carrying a goose in his arms.

 

Though Shen Tian was first in the entrance examination to join the sect , but among a group of 100 thousand disciples, it was nearly impossible for all to his face.

 

This combination was a mess, and the disciples did not know how to greet them.

 

After half an hour of walking, they finally arrived at a big square, filled with a few hundred new disciples on one side and Teachers on the other.

 

The moment they arrived, everybody was shocked!

 

Although this new disciple did not know what the Sect Master looked like, they definitely knew Xiao Heng and Chan Jingyi!

 

“Greetings Senior Brother Heng and Senior Sister Jingyi!” Everybody greeted both of them, leaving the Sect Master out.

 

“…...!” The Sect Master did not know whether to laugh or cry at this situation.

 

He is the Sect Master, but the new disciples here did not know him. It looks like he needs to make an appearance more…

 

Although the new disciples did not know, the Teachers and the Elders there did!

 

Their Souls flew out when they saw the new disciples not greet the Sect Master, but two disciples instead!

 

The Sect Master was very big on respect!

 

“DISRESPECTFUL! THE SECT MASTER IS HERE, AND NONE OF YOU GREETED HIM?!

IS THIS HOW A NEW DISCIPLE SHOULD ACT?!” Someone screamed at them with a loud voice, afraid the Sect Master did not hear him.

 

All the new disciples had their souls shiver from fright! What?! The Sect Master?! Where?! The Teachers and Elders there watched them look around with a clueless face.

 

“….” They were speechless and decided to act.

 

Many of them walked towards Shen Tian’s group and greeted the Sect Master.

 

“GREETINGS SECT MASTER!” They all screamed in a loud voice, afraid that the new disciples could not hear them.

 

“!!!!” The new disciples were all shocked.

 

The Sect Master was right in front of them?!

 

“G-greetings Sect Master! This disciple had eyes but could not see Mount Tai! Please forgive!” Many of them started with a greeting and ended with an apology.

 

The Sect Master waves his hand, “Don’t mind it. It’s my fault for not showing my face more.” He smiles.

 

The Teachers and Elders there felt the mountain behind their backs go away after hearing that.

 

“Sect Master, what brings you here today?” An Elder asks him politely.

 

“I am here to watch this year’s Master Selection, ignore me and do what you normally do.” He said.

 

“I-is that so? This time we have more new disciples than usual, so it might be a little disordered…” The Elder felt his back getting sweaty.

 

“What the fuck?! You never came before, and now you showed up out of nowhere? How will the new Teachers act properly knowing that you’re here watching them?!” He cried in his heart.

 

“I don’t mind, just do what you normally do.” The Sect Master did not care about that at all. All that matters to him right now is who will become Shen Tian’s, Master!

 

“Sect Master, we have a total of 421 new disciples for this Selection. The Entrance Exam is still ongoing, so we will have more for the later Selections.” The Elder said.

 

“Good. When will it start?” He asked. “We will start in an hour.”

 

“Good, do not disappoint me!” The Sect Master said.

 

“Yes Sect Master!” The Elder felt more pressure now and left in a hurry, making sure nothing goes wrong in this Selection.

 

He turned to look at Shen Tian and said, “I’ll be watching in the back. I can’t wait to see who you will choose as your Master.”

 

“Okay.” Shen Tian nodded and watched the Sect Master leave.

 

“Me too, I don’t want to distract these new disciples.” Xiao Heng said.

 

“Wait, take Feng Yue with you. This is only for disciples after all.” He said.

“I’ll take care of her.” Chan Jingyi smiles at Feng Yue who was in her bird-form.

 

“Feng Yue, be a good girl while I am away, okay?” He winks looking towards Feng Yue.

“Cuck! CUCKOOO!” She nods and follows the two of them, following the Sect Master.

 

“......” WTF! who brings a chicken to the exam? Everyone thought

 

After they had left, Shen Tian blended in with the disciples and started to wait patiently.

 

* * * *

 

An hour later, the Master Selection finally starts.

 

“Good morning, the Selection will now start. I will explain how this will work for a few minutes, make sure to listen carefully.” An Elder said, floating in the sky.

 

“First, there is 26 Professional Teachers and 214 new Teachers here, and then there are 421 of your new disciples.

 

Second, all 240 Teachers here will introduce themselves, and they will also tell you what kind of disciples they are looking for.

 

Third, all of you here will get to choose who you want to be your Master. But, just because you choose them does not mean they’ll accept you.

 

Professional Teachers here will mostly take in no more than ten new disciples, while the new Teachers will have their own personal limit.

 

Last, after the introduction ends, go to the Teacher you chose and introduce yourselves. Make yourself stand out from the rest to increase the chances of them accepting you.

 

I will suggest you talk about your talents and nothing meaningless.

 

They will be your Master for life so choose wisely! Although you can decide to abandon your current Master and pick a new one, I highly, highly and highly do not suggest that!

 

Because those who do that are frowned upon!

 

Even if you want to look for a new Master, who will be willing to accept you, a traitor who abandoned your former Master?! Won’t you be able to do it again since you’ve already done it once?!

 

You Master is also your Parents! Never disrespect or abandon them!

 

The Professional Teachers will introduce themselves first!

 

That is all! Once again, choose wisely!”

 

The Elder left after saying everything he needed to.

 

* * * *

 

“I’ll start first.” Said a Professional Teacher at the very front.

 

He walked up and said, “I am known for having the best results in the Sect training Fire Attribute disciples! I am looking for Disciples with at least Fire Attribute True Veins! You must also have a Cultivation of at least Profound True Qi Realm while being below age 20! I can teach you the Profound Grade Cultivation Technique ‘The Burning Fist’ and much more.”

 

He finished and took a step back. Cultivation Techniques all have grades.

 

Each grade telling them what Cultivation they should have before learning it. If you try to learn a Cultivation Technique too strong for your current Cultivation, it will only hurt you.

 

The grades are divided upon the cultivation ranks...

From low to high, Mortal Grade, True Grade, Profound Grade, Spirit Grade, Origin Core, Sky Grade, Heaven Grade, Immortal Grade, Saint Grade....

 

The next one steps up, a female.

 

“I am most known for my expertise in Water Attribute Cultivations. I am looking for female only disciples with Water Attribute Spirit Veins. Cultivation must be at least Profound True Qi Realm and below age 19. I can teach you one of our Sect’s famous Water Cultivation Technique, the Water Dragon’s Pillar!”.

 

She finishes and takes a step back.

 

Cultivation Techniques have four different categories.

 

The first type, Spirit Techniques, used for Cultivating by absorbing Spirit Power.

 

If you Cultivate with a Water Cultivation Technique, you will absorb more Water Element Spirit Power than the other Elements.

 

The second type, Martial Techniques, used in battles such as ‘The Burning Fist.’ Includes Offensive, Defensive and Supporting Techniques.

 

The third type, Divine Techniques, used for Cultivating your Divine Sense and Soul. This type is the rarest.

 

The last type, Body Tempering Technique, used for tempering your body. Such as increasing your body strength in general and regeneration power.

 

The new disciples were currently listening carefully to each and every single one of these 240 Teachers, afraid they might miss the slightest detail and choose the wrong Master.

34