Chapter 3 – You’re Pretty Cute Anyway
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, you’re gonna cosplay together with V?” Chris whispered to me with a grin.

“Uh… We haven’t really talked about it,” I tried to answer coyly.

It was true though. It was already one week after halloween but Vivien and I haven’t really talked about the idea of cosplaying together. Maybe it had slipped her mind already. It didn’t slip from from my mind, though. I was just unsure how to go about bringing up the topic. I wasn’t really even sure if it was a good idea, given how shell-shocked I was during halloween.

“What? That was already your go signal to act,” he remarked, shaking his head.

“Hey V!” Chris turned towards his left and called out to Vivien, who was busy working that afternoon.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“What’s the plan for your cosplay? Can I join to take pictures?” Chris inquired.

“Me too! Me too! I wanna watch you guys cosplay. I can help out with any preparation you need,” Shirley butted in and volunteered herself.

“Sure, but we don’t have anything planned yet,” Vivien noted as she, Shirley and Chris all looked at me.

“Uh… Well, we could do this for the next major local convention, which is at the end of January. That’s about 2 months away. I think that’s about enough time to prepare, right?” I suggested.

The three of them gave small nods while keeping quiet. It seemed like they wanted me to continue.

“But I guess we need to decide what to cosplay, right? Like, which series and which characters. Unless, you wanna still go as Lacus?” I asked Vivien.

“Nah. Code Geass is one of my favorite shows, so since you already have Zero, let’s do that. I want to cosplay C.C.,” she replied.

My heart skipped a bit. C.C. was one of Lelouch’ main love interests in the show, even if romance wasn’t really the its central themes. Still, I couldn’t banish the thought that the suggestion might mean something.

“So you’ll still need to have the costume made, right?” Shirley asked.

“Yeah, I need to look for a seamstress. Where did you have yours made?” Vivien turned and asked me.

“I asked my mom to do it. She knows how to sew,” I answered.

“Really?” all three of them were shocked. It seemed like they were very much impressed with the quality of the costume I had, so it shocked them that it was made by an amateur.

“Maybe your mom can make V’s costume?” Shirley asked, sporting this mischievous grin. I felt like she was hinting on something, but I ignored it.

“Yeah, yeah, can she?” Vivien asked. Those pleading eyes tinged with excitement were too dangerous for me.

“Mmm, I’ll ask. I can’t make guarantees, but I’ll update you guys tomorrow.”

“Yey, thanks!” Vivien exclaimed.

After a few more exchanged ideas, we all simmered down and went back to work, wary of being charged with goofing around during working hours too much.

* * * * *

<[email protected]> good job lol

<[email protected]> wut

<[email protected]> think about it

<[email protected]> you’re gonna have her meet your mom

<[email protected]> meet the parents stage!

<[email protected]> lol

<[email protected]> …

<[email protected]> that’s not how it works!

<[email protected]> lol

* * * * *

<[email protected]> woohoo

<[email protected]> i’m excited to see you guys cosplay

<[email protected]> i think you’ll look nice together

<[email protected]> :P

<[email protected]> hahahaha

<[email protected]> let’s just hope it turns out ok

<[email protected]> i guess

<[email protected]> i ship you and v together

<[email protected]> ^___^

<[email protected]> lol

<[email protected]> lolwut

* * * * *

<[email protected]> just in case your mom is free, ok?

<[email protected]> if she can’t, it’s ok

<[email protected]> i don’t want to be too much of a bother

<[email protected]> i’ll just ask my friends for contacts

<[email protected]> :)

<[email protected]> lol

<[email protected]> it’s fine

<[email protected]> it might be better if my mom would do it so i can see the progress

<[email protected]> i’ll update you tomorrow

<[email protected]> thanks! :)

<[email protected]> :D

* * * * *

“Oh, so I asked my mom, and she’s okay with it. She just needs your... uhm... measurements and the cloth for the costume,” I informed Vivien the next day. “So either you measure yourself and send me the measurements or you have my mom measure you.”

“Hmm, I think it’s better if I meet your mom and she take my measurements. I should thank her personally. Should I go to your place?” Vivien suggested.

Chris’s and Shirley’s attentions naturally perked up from this development.

“Okay. I think my mom isn’t going out this weekend. Are you free on Saturday afternoon?” I asked.

“Yup. How do I get to your place?”

“Let’s meet up somewhere instead. It’s a bit difficult to get to our house so I’ll meet you first then take you there. That okay?”

“Sure. Thanks!”

* * * * *

<[email protected]> kyaaaaaaa~

<[email protected]> ^______^

<[email protected]> lol relax

<[email protected]> it’s just taking measurements

<[email protected]> it’s not a big deal

<[email protected]> tsk

<[email protected]> it is!!!

<[email protected]> you should be excited!

<[email protected]> :P

<[email protected]> lol

* * * * *

<[email protected]> psst psst

<[email protected]> are you gonna to take her measurements

<[email protected]> hahaha

<[email protected]> er no

<[email protected]> my mom would do that lol

<[email protected]> don’t go peeking at v’s measurements

<[email protected]> lol

<[email protected]> :/

<[email protected]> i’m not you!

<[email protected]> lol

* * * * *

Saturday afternoon came and I met up with Vivien at a nearby mall before proceeding to my place. When we arrived, we set out to business.

“Hi Auntie!” Vivien greeted my mom. “Sorry to be such a bother. This is as thanks,” she added as she handed my mom a box of muffins.

I was sure she was in good grace with my mom at that point.

My mom thanked her and received her gift, and then they proceeded to get down to business. I excused myself out, saying I was going to get something to drink. I figured I shouldn’t be there anyway during the moment my mom would be measuring Vivien.

I took my time, and only went back to the living room after ten minutes. I offered Vivien a glass of orange juice as my mom excused herself from the room. It was now just the two of us.

“Your mom’s nice,” Vivien remarked with a chuckle.

“Did she say anything weird?” I asked, worried about what my mom might have said.

“Nah, she just mentioned that she was surprised when you said you were bringing someone here, especially since it was a girl. She said that you’ve never had a girlfriend before, and that she was getting worried about you, that you might be gay.”

“Ugh…” I felt an urge to do a facepalm. “For the record I am not gay.”

“I know, don’t worry,” she replied and laughed.

“Well, I guess it makes sense for her to be worried since I am getting older,” I remarked and shrugged.

“So you never had a girlfriend before? Maybe you just didn’t tell your mom.”

“None at all. No experience whatsoever. I’ve never even asked a girl out nor confessed or something like that.”

“Oh…” Vivien paused in thought. “But have you had someone you wanted to at least ask out?”

“I don’t really recall any. I guess I don’t easily get attracted.”

“Maybe your standards are just too high?” she joked.

“Uh…” I didn’t know how to respond to that. I thought that if I really did have high standards, what that would have said about her. I tried to gather myself with a reply, “I don’t think it’s a matter of standards. I just haven’t found myself in a situation where it felt right. Or someone that made me feel she was the one. I guess I’m a little bit of a hopeless romantic. But more hopeless than romantic, I guess.”

Vivien laughed in response. “That’s cute,” she remarked. “But I’m sure you’ll find someone soon enough.” I wondered if she was trying to console me.

“Yeah, but there’s also the question of whether the other person will like me back, right?” I replied, trying to be witty.

“You’ll be fine. You’re a nice guy. And you’re pretty cute anyway,” she answered and smiled at me.

Her reply took the breath out of me.

0