Summer 1.
13 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was burning, everything under the sky was turning yellow and red like the sun.

The grass on the sidewalks got became pale and sickly  in color everyday there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. The neighbors’ gardens following their lead. People whenever they went out burned worst during this season. Turning redder as the day dragged on with patches of white they think would help.

Jackson hated this because it meant that it was going to be nothing but long days spent inside to saving himself the bite of summer.

He sighed, draping himself over the hideous purple couch his parents insisted was nice in order to see which neighbor was going to try to fix their “prized flowers” from the heat this time.

‘They were wasting their time, it’s not worth it.’ he thought. Just last week Mr. Evans got sent to the hospital because of a heat stroke while he was working on his petunias. And Mrs. Potter fainted while she was planting some lilies days afterwards.

Summer a season of neighbors to stubborn to let plants die out in the heat and getting rushed to the nearest medical care.

He huffed, placing his chin on his palm as he watched Mr.Black from across the street wrestles with a hose. Strange, as Mr.Black was one of the few who actual never cared about these things, leaving it and getting someone to fix it when it got too bad.

“What’s gotten into him?” Jackson asked aloud because this was just too strange.

“Hmm, what dear?”

“Mr. Black”

“Again? What happened? Did he get into another fight with Mr. Evans?” his mom asked as she moved to the window to get a better look across the street.

“No, just doing gardening?” he thought it was gardening because what else would you use a hose for?

“Oh. He’s probably just tidying up the house. I heard he’s been in a frenzy getting everything nice and clean.”

“Why?” because Mr.Black never cared about that stuff that’s why Jackson liked him.

“Not too sure,” she moved away pulling the curtains back a little “but we shouldn’t poke our noses into other peoples’ businesses. Come on, it’s almost time for lunch.”

 

1