As Red as the Sun
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A burnt yellow, harsh reds, everywhere she looked it was made of those colours. It was so different than back home with her family, where everything was made of shades of blue and green. She squinted, hands shielding her brown eyes from the harsh desert sun.

“Allabele.” Her uncle said her name with a ghost of a smile tugging at his lips. Allabele frowned at him, tired and upset with the whole trip. She just wanted to go back home already, not stay and turn to a dried mummy version of herself.

“I don’t want to be here uncle. Let’s go back.” She pulled his arm, but he only let go of her hand.

“Uncle!”

“Stop whining, I don’t like this either but you remember what your mom said right?”

“My dad’s a shit?” He smiled outright at that.

“Yeah, and?”

“He’s a pig too!”

“Yup. And?”

“Behave even if he doesn’t?”

“Ding, ding ,ding.” Allabele pulled a face again “But he isn’t even here, uncle! He’s the one who wanted us here! We don’t want to be here but look here we are! That’s not fair, we should just go baaaaack! Please uncle. Please, please, please...”

“No we can’t, when we’re done,” he crouch down to her eye level, “we’ll go back home and we won’t ever have to go back here, okay?” Her mouth was a stubborn frown and her rosy cheeks were becoming red alarmingly quick.

“Come on. You’re burning like everything else here.”

0