Chapter 2: The end of the path
890 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 381 of the Touya Holy Calendar - Second Queen Castle

(Second Queen POV)

Again...

Today, I am again in this place...

Waiting all day by the window for someone who will probably never come back.

"..."

It has already been almost twenty years since the last time I saw you, why aren't you here with me?

"..."

I don't even feel like sighing, I'm just here... with my hand on the silver frame of this fancy window.

"..."

Where did it go wrong? Did I do something wrong?

"..."

Thanks to his godly magic, my body is the same as 44 years ago. Not a single wrinkle has appeared on this 64-year-old body.

"..."

But what's the point of that if he never looks at me again...

"..."

Is that what happened? Did you get bored of me?

"Is that why you keep increasing your harem?"

...do you even remember me?

Did your words of love get buried under the sheets we shared?

"Why am I not enough for you?"

When we were kids it was so simple, it was only you and me.

But things changed after we left our little village...

"..."

I always showed you my disagreement very explicitly, I yelled at you, hit you, and did everything I could.

But that only amused you, as if my feelings were nothing but a joke to you...

Maybe from the start, I was nothing but a clown to your eyes, an idiot that was meant to be ignored...

But I loved you.

I was an idiot that loved you to the point to allow the sharing of your love with other people...

And that was the beginning of the end.

"..."

When the princess came, your share to me became 50%.

When the elf and the underage magician came, your share to me became 25%.

There were times when adventuring that you seemed to forget that I was there.

Was it my fault? Was it because I wasn't as interesting as the top geniuses and most charismatic people in the world?

"What did you want me to do against that..."

*Drip*

One of my tears makes a sound as it hits the window frame, witnessed only by the twin moons in the sky.

"..."

When was it?

When did the moment come when my struggles no longer mattered?

When did the time come when you no longer told me about your problems?

"..."

Your attention kept going down and down, to the point that I don't know if I still have even the 1% of your love.

Was it too much for me to ask for your warmth to be by my side in the morning?

Was it too much for me to ask you to be the first in my eyes every day?

("I love you all equally")

That was what he said at every royal banquet... but every time, his eyes don't even look at me...

"..."

Every day, I wake up in a luxury bed.

Every day, I bathe in a luxury bath.

Every day, I eat luxury food.

Every day, I wore luxury clothes that didn't compare to the princess' sense of fashion.

Every day, I use the luxury instruments to play mediocre music that will never compare to the elf queen.

Every day, I read luxury magic books to practice magic that will never be as good as the court magician.

And every day, I am painfully alone.

"Madam, your dinner is ready" Sebastian

The only employee of this place spoke to me from the other side of the door.

"...Is that so..."

As I walk out of the room, I can't help but wonder.

Will I ever even hear my name again?

8