Chapter 4: Turning point in history
758 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 388 of the Touya Holy Calendar - Titan castle

(Sebastian POV)

"I will explain to you the importance of this castle" Sebastian

"Yeeees" Alastor

As we walk, I speak to the new butler apprentice behind me.

"As you must know, the hero of the Isekai Church was of great influence to everyone and everything"

"Uhu" Alastor

"He defeated the threat of the Demon King, introduced various gourmet foods, and gave slaves a chance to be free. These and several glorious acts of greatness forced his name into the old Holy Calendar"

"Uh" Alastor

"This building is one of the first places that the Isekai hero visited in his journey" Sebastian

We turn to the left in the bifurcation in front of us.

"It is said that within these walls lies the secret of his overwhelming power" Sebastian

"Secret?" Alastor

It's probably just a false rumor, but it's what people want to believe.

"This castle is also said to be able to resist even the attack of an army of a thousand demons" Sebastian

"Oooh!" Alastor

"Even if this building cant defend people from a Demon King, walls that can repel Demon Generals are incredible, truly a miracle of human engineering" Sebastian

"You may think that it's not so good if it's not indestructible, but the Demon King is the territory of heroes. Being able to counter the existences directly below it is already a lot."

"Even if every general and great mage in this world were to join forces, they wouldn't be able to even make a scratch in the skin of the king of demons"

I turn to the left in the bifurcation in front of us.

"That is why the great hero Touya gifted this castle to the Second Queen, to maintain her safe from any threat"

"The demon king and his army may have already been defeated 50 years ago, but there are still monsters and hidden demons in some places of the world"

I climb the stairs to the second floor.

"Now, I'll have to warn you. Behind that door is the Second Queen's chamber"

I point to it with my left hand.

"She's been a bit down for a while, so I think we should be quick and leave her..."

I turn my head to see...

"...Alone"

Nothing behind me.

"...Young Alastor?"

(Second Queen POV)

I don't know why I even bother to look outside this window.

"..."

Is this all that is left of my life?

"..."

Will I ever see that smile that I loved?

Will I ever feel loved again?

"..."

I don't have any tears left in me.

What I feel these days isn't even sadness.

"..."

What I am feeling is the nothingness itself.

"..."

Nobody talks to me, nobody seeks out for me, nobody calls my name...

"..."

I close my eyes, to see the same things as when I have them open.

"..."

Nothing.

"..."

If this is all that is left for me, maybe I should just...

"Maria?" ???

"!!!"

"Maria, The crimson wind?" ???

"?!"

That is...!

My nickname as an adventurer!

There is someone who still remembers me!

"!!!" Maria

I turn my head to look at the door, but no one is there.

"Where... where are you?" Maria

Did I imagine it?

"Here! at the window!" ???

Outside, at the top of the window, was a child's head upside down.

"I'm your biggest fan!" ???

That ear-to-ear smile that showed off a missing tooth was brighter than the sun, more powerful than the Demon King, and gentler than the hero.

6