Into the Darkness than being your Light – UM3
225 13 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Into the Darkness than being your Light

by UM3

Content enticements/warnings:

Spoiler

Interstellar, Beastmen, Drama, Mature, Imprisonment, Torture of ML by MC, Mind Break, Smut (Flashback), BE

[collapse]

☀️

Once upon a time there was a planet homed to the strongest race in the Intergalactic Universe. Just the very mention of their names evoked chilling fear within the hearts of those in the know. 

The Krasmir race was ranked first in the Intergalactic System based on combat prowess, and they had defended their title year after year. 

They were the first the Intergalactic Alliance would want to work with in defending the universe from interstellar pirates, bandits, cosmic beasts, and any other sentient forms that threatened the universe. Besides, who wouldn’t want a sure win at little to no deaths?!

For such a strong and well-received race, one would also perceive that, naturally, its leader would have to be the strongest among the strong! As such, the position of lord of the race was a hot seat which was constantly contested for within the Krasmirers—the people of its race. It was, after all, in the very nature of the strong to want to be the one true king of all the strong! 

And the strongest who had ever occupied the seat was none other th—

“Master, master. There’s a guest!” 

Jian-bin looked up from where he was squatting with a frown. “Who is it?”

A palm-sized, agile, tree-dwelling rodent brought up a paw and nervously wiped its brow; its bushy tail drooping to the ground. The rodent, who was smartly dressed in butler’s attire, quickly bowed, “Master, I know you’ve ordered us not to disturb you. But it’s Mr. Xiong. He says he has what you urgently requested him to find.” He then lowered his head even further to the ground. 

It was a bow filled with reverence.

“Oh?” Jian-bin dropped the soil on his palm to the ground and dusted his hands clean. He then gently sprinkled drops of water to the green bush in front of him while whispering tender words of love, “There there, my baby. Daddy has to go to work now, I’ll tell you the rest of the story tomorrow.” He then stood up, gave himself a stretch and gestured for the butler to approach.

The rodent proficiently scampered forward and held out a clean towel; his head, still facing the ground. “Yes, Master.”

“Call the attendants and keep Mr. Xiong company. I’ll head in after changing my clothes.” He left his orders and leisurely headed to his room. As he made his way over, he took off the white scarf he had tied around his head and let his hair free.

Shoulder-length, jet-black hair that was slightly damp with sweat fluttered about with a gleam before settling down. 

“Master, which would you prefer?” 

Jian-bin looked at the vast selection of attires neatly held out by the attendants. His pair of alluring, peach blossom eyes landed on one, “The blue one,” he said and turned his back to the attendants, letting them undress him. 

It was midday and two weeks since Jian-bin had last spoken to Mr. Xiong. As he stared at himself getting dressed in the mirror, “The battle should be ending soon…” he thought, recalling his request. His pearl black eyes then glowed and deepened, revealing a hint of doubt and concern, although only for a brief moment. A frown then appeared, making his delicate facial features distorted a little, but it still didn’t take away the enticing beauty of the face staring back at him from the mirror.

It was a face that was alike, yet un-alike, a Krasmirer.  

Appearance-wise, Jian-bin wasn't what the Krasmirers would consider conventional. He looked like one of the mortal race—a human being—and if one wasn’t aware of his capabilities and his background, they would think that he was a mere mortal seeking his own death trying to impersonate a Krasmirer.

The Krasmirers, after all, were proud of their race. They were already blessed with keen foresight and intellect of the cerebral organ, which could be further enhanced by inheriting the legacy of their forefathers. On top of that, they possessed distinctive beastial traits of their lineage.

To survive and be the best; that was in their blood. 

“Master Jian-bin, you sure took your time.” 

Jian-bin stepped into the hall with a polite smile on his face; his eyes, curving into slight crescents. He exhibited his charm dressed in an elegant, sea-blue tribal attire as he made his way in; his tribal crest, delicately embroidered on the chest was on proud display. “Mr. Xiong, do pardon me. If only I had been given advance notice, I would have been ever ready to receive you soonest you grace me a visit.” He then passed a small bag of ground herbs to one of the attendants and gestured them towards him. “Please. Just a token of apology. I harvested it this morning. I hope it is to your liking.”

Mr. Xiong, twitching his small and rounded bear ears, gave a deep huff and held out his paw-like hand. The dutiful attendants quickly placed the teabag into the pot, gave it a gentle swirl, and served. A subtle smell of mint permeated the air and his snout twitched.

A sip, and then a soft sigh of pleasure involuntarily escaped from his lips. 

Jian-bin, observing Mr. Xiong’s reactions, kept his smile and said nothing. He proceeded calmly to his seat at the head of the hall and beckoned his butler to approach. “I was told that you have what I’m looking for,” he said, holding out a mini drawstring bag that was filled to the brim. “Here, the payment as promised.” 

Eyeing the drawstring bag at the hands of the approaching butler, “Master Jian-bin, I tell you, I spared no effort in getting what you wanted,” Mr. Xiong said, giving the approaching butler an indifferent glance. It looked as if he wasn’t at all interested in the payment, but the hint of curiosity within his pair of black beaded-like eyes was obvious to those who were attentive. 

“I have no doubt in your abilities, Mr. Xiong,” Jian-bin said; his eyes, a smiling crescent. “Please, a gesture of my thanks.”  

“I hope you know that I’m only willing to go this far because it’s you,” Mr. Xiong remarked, before picking up the bag and pulling the drawstring open.

Instantaneously, a noxious scent escaped and rapidly filled the air.

The butler and the attendants standing nearby shuddered, as if startled, and they quickly held their breath. The pale look on their faces was a sharp contrast to the initially surprised look on Mr. Xiong’s!

“I don’t know if Mr. Xiong is satisfied with what I’ve made,” Jian-bin said, observing his reaction. “I apologize if it isn’t up to your standard,” he added humbly, “I experimented with the prescriptions left by my master and came up with this concoction myself.”   

Mr. Xiong, hearing what he had said, gave a sudden loud roar that was filled with joyful laughter, “Your master would be proud!” Joyful glee surged from within and his beaded eyes sparkled excitedly, “I still need to test it out first, but I can definitely feel it kicking with just a whiff.” He then happily tied up the bag and tucked it into his chest pocket, securing it with a tap.

Jian-bin quickly waved his hand. “I still have more to learn,” he said, putting on a modest expression. “But I’m glad it meets your requirements, Mr. Xiong.”

“Meet my requirements?! I have a feeling it will exceed my expectations!!” Mr. Xiong exclaimed with a laugh again, holding out his teacup. “Come, a toast! Master Jian-bin, if my people win the upcoming battle, half of it will be thanks to you! I hope you know how much my people have at stake here. The day for my tribe to triumph over the others is finally near!”

“I understand, Mr. Xiong,” Jian-bin said, accepting the toast. “Rest assured, my lips are sealed. However, I’d still need to give you a word of caution. One pinch—he lightly brought the tip of his thumb and the tip of his index finger together—is more than enough to dull one’s senses. Anything more, I’m afraid one won’t be able to regain a sound mind.”

Mr. Xiong twitched his ears; the raised teacup hesitatingly paused just a breath away from touching his lips. “You mean, one could lose their mind?”

“Well…” Jian-bin, looking a little faltering, bit his lower lip before continuing, “I tested it out on one of the attendants when I was creating this concoction. They somehow ended up losing their… form.” He then subtly tilted his head towards the few attendants by his side. 

Mr. Xiong glanced sideways, observing even closer at the attendants he had nearby. He thought they were just lower species of the rodents, commonly sold as slaves to the influential tribes. Examining them closely now however, he faintly saw a rather familiar crest on their head. Upon realizing the crest, his hands shook and his eyes widened in surprise, “Is that…?!”

Jian-bin gave a brief nod. “They deserved it. I-I mean, when my master was lord of the race, he maintained order with the law. It was them that had broken the law in the first place."

Mr. Xiong silently took in the way Jian-bin’s eyes were quivering amidst his still expression. Recalling who Jian-bin’s master was, he could only let out a distressing sigh. “The brief period under Lord Xuan-wu’s reign was our most harmonious, even though it was only on the surface. If it wasn’t because of the conflict with the Western Tribe—" he choked back his words as his eyes wandered off into the distance. He then shook his head slowly from side to side, seemingly in a trance. 

At the mention of Lord Xuan-wu—the esteemed master of Jian-bin and a reverend figure to the Krasmirers who had witnessed his glorious days, the earlier joy and happiness that had lingered in the hall disappeared.

Lord Xuan-wu was from the Northern Tribe. He was the son and heir to the family that had traditionally been leaders of the tribe and so bearing the crest of his family, it was only natural for him to take over as their tribe leader. With his inherited traits, he proved his worth as the finest front-line warrior and gifted medicinal practitioner and was appointed as the leader at a very young age. 

However, ambitions took him further. He didn’t want to be just a tribe leader and so, he worked to be recognized as the strongest among the strong by solitarily defeating each and every of his opponents! After he had been recognized as the lord of the race, he dictatorially united the four tribes and established a common law that dictated the way of their life. 

The Krasmirers pledged their alliances and realized a peace that was, at first, foreign to them. However, peace brought about a sense of tranquility the Krasmirers soon found contentment in. 

Though it was a period of peace that had only lasted for a brief moment. 

When news of the young lord’s defeat rang ceaselessly for nights and days, the other tribes took up their old banners—never soon enough!—and the search for the strongest among the strong resumed. 

When Jian-bin realized that Mr. Xiong was lost in his thoughts, he silently gave him a moment while he sipped his tea from time to time. Observing the slight change in Mr. Xiong’s dazed look, Jian-bin softly feigned a delicate cough and broke the silence in the air. 

Mr. Xiong, regaining his senses, picked up his teacup and took a sip to calm himself down. He pulled his expression together, turned towards Jian-bin and gave a short grunt, “Don’t worry, Master Jian-bin. With my tribe leading and me as the next lord, I will firstly reinstate Lord Xuan-wu’s laws and make it my duty to see it through!" He ended his righteous exclamation by gulping his tea down in one swift motion.   

Jian-bin wasn’t surprised at what Mr. Xiong had said as he knew that Mr. Xiong and his tribal men were one of the very few people the lord had made prior arrangements with. It was a collaboration that had benefited the both of them then, and with Jian-bin holding the identity of the lord’s apprentice, the collaboration continued to this day.

“That reminds me Master Jian-bin, I have to also give you my thanks.” Mr. Xiong beckoned the attendant to refill his cup and held it out. “If it weren’t for your request, we wouldn’t have gotten the upper hand in this battle with the Western Tribe! We’ll see after this round if they dare claim to be the next lord of the race!”

It was a cry filled with fury and Jian-bin felt it within him as well at the very mention of the Western Tribe. ‘If only this could wipe them out!’ he had thought, but he quickly erased it from his mind. ‘Death is just another escape after all…’ he sneered inwardly as he blinked his eyes and lifted his head. “A toast,” he said; his pearl-black eyes, now calm and still, met Mr. Xiong’s, “I wish our new lord a victorious battle.”

Mr. Xiong gave a deep grunt and accepted the toast. It was easy to tell, with his eyes sparkling despite the grunt, that he was pleased. He then took out a slip of paper and tossed it to Jian-bin. “You can trust my sources. As for your people…” he paused and wearily eyed the attendants in the hall but seeing no further instructions from the master to have them removed, he continued, “Although news has it that he—gesturing to the slip of paper Jian-bin had on his hand—is in secluded training, my sources informed me that he may no longer be alive.”

“He may?” Jian-bin gave Mr. Xiong a questioning glance after looking at the paper. “How probable is this, ‘may’?” he asked, folding the slip of paper into two and placing it down by his teacup.

Mr. Xiong saw that Jian-bin had a frown on his face and a guess came to mind. “If what I heard was true…,” he mumbled at first, “Are you looking for revenge, Master Jian-bin?” he then asked, with curiosity in his eyes. 

“Oh? What did you hear, then?”

“Lord Xuan-wu alone defeated a wave of cosmic beasts stampeding through the quantum gate that was connected to one of the celestial spaces. If he had not succeeded, a part of the Intergalactic Universe would have been destroyed, thousands of planets left in ruins, and maybe, just maybe, we won’t even be here today. But right after the battle ended, just before the victory celebration—” 

Jian-bin pursed his lips and clenched his fist; his eyes, wavering ever so slightly.

 “—he disappeared without a trace. All that’s left are rumors of him being taken down by his enemy and a piece of his keratin scales soaked in blood, which, I believe, you know yourself whose.”

“You don’t have to remind me of that!” Jian-bin closed his eyes, hiding the brewing indignation in his eyes. He slowly brought his hand up and rubbed his temples. 

The silence was, as though, an acquiescence to Mr. Xiong’s guess. 

“Even though I know it would be difficult,” Jian-bin finally said, looking up calmly at Mr. Xiong, “I want to do all I can. I-I think he would want to know why.”

Mr. Xiong clenched his fist as he solemnly nodded in understanding. “If Master Jian-bin ever needs my help, just give me the word.” He then turned his head and his line of sight inadvertently happened on the folded piece of paper by Jian-bin’s teacup.

It seemed as though he wanted to pry further, but before he could—  

“Of course. I hope Mr. Xiong won’t reject me when the time comes,” Jian-bin said, sending another toast his way. He then stood, gave him a heartfelt gesture of thanks and politely directed him to the front door. “The lord would be delighted to have you as his devout follower, Mr. Xiong. I wish you a clean victory.”

Mr. Xiong nodded in the end, accepted the toast and went on his way.  

Seeing the guest off, Jian-bin motioned for the butler to approach. He gave the butler strict orders to shut the front gates and deny any visitors that may come knocking before making his way to his backyard. 

His eyes had a hint of coldness that wasn’t present at all earlier as he recalled the information presented in the slip of paper. 

An image then surfaced to mind and he couldn’t help curling his lips. 

The butler, trailing behind him, felt a sudden chill and shivered. 

“Bring me the usual. I’m going to check up on our precious guest.”

The butler gave a swift nod and hurried away without looking back. 

Jian-bin turned and resumed his pace. Soon, he reached the entrance of his backyard but instead of stepping over the threshold, he turned to the left and made his way around. He then reached a wall covered in vines. Spreading apart the curtained vines, he pressed at a small corner and heard a click. As he walked along the dark and narrow passageway, “How are you feeling today, my love?” he called out softly with a whistle; his steps, filled with glee. 

However, the words of affection that had been whispered were, unfortunately, accompanied by a tone of voice that was clearly devoid of any! 

Reaching the end of the narrow passageway, a figure could be seen chained up on the wall:

The long scaly tail was without strength; it limped onto the ground as if it was missing the rigid, boney framework supporting it.

Limbs that were once strong enough to flatten and crush anything and anyone were now seen without their muscular tissues—they were so thin, one could see the outline of their bones.

“If my calculations are correct, today is the last day for your treatment. You’ll soon see the light, my love—”

The figure trembled. 

They were words of liberty and freedom one could hope for, but the chilly aura accompanying it broke the delusion!

The figure, although chained, struggled to lift their head towards the icy voice.  

“—If only you had obediently taken your medicine, you would have been able to free yourself from this much faster,” Jian-bin said, seemingly giving his heartfelt advice, as he met a pair of dull, vertical pupils staring at him and he chuckled. He saw the lips parted and felt as if a soft breeze flew by. With his keen senses, he caught the whisper. 

Instantaneously, his anger flared! “You have no right!” he took a step back and furiously exclaimed, pointing a finger to his bony facial features. “If it wasn’t for my versatility; if it wasn’t because of the legacy of my forefather, what would be standing here haunting you today would be my vengeance spirit!”

The pair of vertical pupils shrank and the lips worked out their muscles to let out a weak whimper, “Xu-Xuan-wu, I—you lis—”

The chain rattled and a grunt was heard. 

“Don’t sully my name with your lips!” Jian-bin, giving him a kick out of frustration, turned and beckoned the butler to approach. “You should have seen it coming. Do you actually believe you could stab me in the back and get away with it, hm, my dear?”

The chain rattled again; the ringing reverberated within the enclosed room like a siren of extreme distress. “It—was-wasn’t wh—” 

“Don’t bother giving me excuses. The Xuan-wu you knew is dead! It was only because I could preserve my soul in my dormant state that I have today!” Jian-bin, incensed at the memory of being betrayed, reached out towards the chained figure and pinched the sunken cheeks apart. “I was stupid enough to believe in your lies back then. Foolish enough to give you half of me when all you were thinking of was bleeding me dry!”

“N-no! I—didn’t—famil—!!”  

As his chest raged with anger, Jian-bin ignored the struggling words of his once-was lover and gave him another kick. He knew that years of frustration and resentments had clouded his judgment, but he couldn’t help it; he just couldn’t!

He was Xuan-wu, the son and heir to the Northern Tribe. He held his forefather’s legacy—the supreme black sea-turtle—the virtue of all knowledge, the perseverance of longevity. 

How could he swallow such an end?!

“Xu-Xuan-wu…Xu-Xuan-wu…”

Looking at the downcasted head of his once-was lover calling out for him like a broken recorder, Jian-bin felt a sharp prick. His eyes wavered ever so slightly when a memory surfaced from within. In his mind, he seemed to have caught a glimpse of a pair of bright blue hues; a pair he had once loved gazing into…

“Xuan-wu—”

A kiss filled with burning desire fell onto his lips.

“—you’re not joking this time round, right?”

A hard pinch on his bottom, and he whimpered reflexively.

“We agreed, didn’t we—”

Rough calluses that were slowly making their way to his waist tickled at his sensitive area, and he couldn’t help but to let out a deep moan.  

“—Whoever gotten the cosmic beast leader's head gets to top, right?”

Xuan-wu pushed against the broad chest and released himself from his lover’s hold. “Don’t push it, Qing-long.” 

A naughty giggle soon followed. “A bet is a bet. Although you went easy on me, a bet is still a bet!” Qing-long said as he reached out to pull Xuan-wu towards himself again. “How long are you going to keep me hanging, hm?”

“I didn’t go easy on you!” Xuan-wu flicked Qing-long on his forehead, “If I hadn’t blocked it for you, you wouldn’t have been able to land a strike!”

Qing-long laughed, “Still, a bet is a bet!” and he nuzzled his nose against Xuan-wu’s neck, tightening his embrace and bringing both their bodies even closer. 

Sensing the changes in his own lower half, Xuan-wu felt as if he was standing at the edge of a cliff. He couldn’t help the surging feelings from within and he knew, he just knew he had fallen hard.  

“You’re the lord of the race—”

Xuan-wu heard a hint of dejection and he quickly leaned back to observe Qing-long’s expression.  

“—I really don’t want to share you with anyone, but I can’t. I can’t have you all to myself, I can’t even stand by your side—”

Xuan-wu felt his heart trembling, “Qing-long…” He didn’t know what else to say. Before he could get the four tribes truly united, their relationship couldn’t see the light!

“—so just this, just this, hm?”

Xuan-wu saw the longing plea in Qing-long’s eyes and without another word, he cupped the cheeks in front of him and tugged. He brought their lips together, sealing them both from uttering another word. As he comforted his young lover with kisses, he gradually made his way to the bed. “Be gentl-ah!” 

He felt a rising, hard bulge poking him and he was kissed again. As he felt it thickened, he gradually lost himself to his sensations. His heart was overflowing with a feeling he couldn’t describe while he could only keep himself afloat by uttering ‘Qing-long’ at every kiss, every touch, and every taste as they were amplified through his sharp senses.

“I’m sorry, Xuan—”

Xuan-wu felt a sudden drip on his cheeks and he raised his eyelids. It was his first time seeing such a Qing-long! Gently caressing away the hot beads of sweat, “Are you worried that it’ll hurt?” Xuan-wu asked in a whisper. He then moved himself into a more welcoming position, wrapped his hands around Qing-long’s neck, and coaxed, “Don’t hold back, you don’t have to hold back.”

His back then arched as he felt a hot desire entering and he unconsciously moaned. He tried to focus on accommodating the pulsing desire within him, but he couldn’t concentrate. He felt himself burning with passion and he inevitably followed along to Qing-long’s rocking movement.

“Qi-ah-Qing-long, slow do—uhh!!”

Unrelenting pleasures filled him up, and the only sounds Xuan-wu could make were breathless gasps. Gradually, his intermittent cries were drowned out by Qing-long’s deep thrusts and groans. 

It was a night Xuan-wu would never forget: 

The bodies entwining between the sheets;

The thumping sounds of pleasure;

The sticky touch of desire;

And the surrounding darkness he found himself in when he woke up the very next day. 

Once the confusion had passed, Xuan-wu realized he was without his physical body. Spreading his acute senses outward, he picked up on a missing Qing-long. His first thought was worry—worry not for his own state, but rather for his missing lover.

When his senses finally picked up on his lover’s trail however, it left him ridiculed by his very own foolishness.

“Xu-Xuan-wu…Xu-Xuan-wu…”

Jian-bin blinked his eyes and the sour chronicles of his life after that night ended abruptly. He raised his eyelids to look at his once-was lover, who was slowly losing consciousness. He reached out a hand, pinched Qing-long hard at his bony chin, and lifted his head up. “Qing-long, ah, Qing-long,” he murmured, recalling his questionings a few days ago, “You said you have no choice and that it was your family’s doing?” 

Qing-long struggled to open his eyes. “I-I’m so—” 

“Do you really think I’d fall for your lies again?” Jian-bin tsked and released his hold. “Just admit it, Qing-long. You wanted my legacy then, that’s why you approached me! You wanted it even now!! If not, why would you dig up my grave?! Admit it!”

What answered Jian-bin’s outburst was instead the look of Qing-long, faintly curling the ends of his lips before slipping away senseless.

The only sound that could be heard after that was the echo of Jian-bin’s heaving chest, before it was broken by approaching footsteps.  

“Master, what shall I do with this?” 

Jian-bin took a deep breath, slowly let it out, and lowered his line of sight. He saw his butler humbly holding out a tray with the slip of paper neatly placed in the middle. His heart thumped unknowingly as his lips parted, “Burn it.”

Watching the fire ate away at the piece of paper bit by bit, an alluring smile blossomed on his face. 

‘The Western Tribe sent scouts to look for their son, Qing-long. Last seen at the Northern borders. Blood—maybe his—found at Lord Xuan-wu’s crypt.’

***

Qing-xi scurried about the luscious strawberries, playing hide-and-seek with Jian-bin. 

His originally long, spiny tail that looked like a flexible spiked mace had now lost its gallantry, swinging about behind him in a tame manner. 

His once-sturdy limbs that had been packed with force could only now, barely, support himself going from leaf to leaf, strawberry to strawberry, bush to bush. It was just enough to hold up its midget-sized body. 

It was a far cry from how he used to look. 

He, however, with his small head, short neck, and somewhat long body and tail, wasn’t aware of the changes his body had undertaken. He stretched his four limbs and adeptly landed on a ripe strawberry. He tilted his small head to one side before bending down to take a sniff. His nostrils suddenly twitched and he looked up, as if sensing someone was closing in.

The crest on his head was notably obvious when he looked up, facing the sun. 

It was the crest of its people—the people of the once-was Western Tribe.  

“That’s dangerous, Qing-xi, what if you hurt yourself?” 

Jian-bin gently picked Qing-xi up by his neck, placed him on his palm and lovingly stroked his spine. “You see, there’s a spider web there. You don’t want to be eaten now, do you?”

Qing-xi, having lost the cognitive ability to perceive speech, stared at Jian-bin cluelessly. His vertical pupil gleamed, the icy-blue hue sparkled like spring water. As he detected the loving tender tone of Jian-bin, he sensed that he was harmless. He took a few steps forward and sniffed his wrist. 

The scent sparked a wave of tingles through his senses.

It was a scent he knew he loved deeply, though, there was just a nagging feeling at the back of his head; it was like he had forgotten something. 

Something important. 

Irritatedly, he gave Jian-bin a few soft hisses; his head, tilting from one side to the other as his eyes were wide-eyed and open, seemingly seeking for appeasement. 

Jian-bin, admiring his endearing look, chuckled. “Qing-xi, the strawberries will be ripe for harvest soon,” he said, pecking Qing-xi lightly at the top of his head. “I’ll pick the juiciest one for you, alright?” 

Qing-xi tilted his head again in reply. His unblinking blue eyes never left Jian-bin’s face. He gave another few soft hisses. 

“Is that a yes?” Jian-bin picked Qing-xi up gently and placed him back on the ripe strawberry. A glee escaped Jian-bin’s lips and his eyes lit up with excitement, “So obedient. Shall I give you a reward? Do you want to play together? We can also travel around the planet! I know! How about a story? Do you want to hear one?”  

Qing-xi made a circle at the spot he had been placed and his nostrils flared. He gasped and coughed, smoke leaving his lips. He then placed his mouth on the strawberry and started to nibble. 

Jian-bin, in a lighthearted mood, picked up a nearby stool and took a seat. He cheerfully propped his elbows up on his knees and cupped his cheeks with his hands. “You should see how endearing you look now…” 

A wide smile then lit on his face, “We won’t have to part ever again,” he softly whispered as he stared at the crest on little Qing-xi’s head. His pearl black eyes gleamed with happiness and he felt a merry hum wanting to escape there and then. 

And so, he parted his lips slightly: 

‘Once upon a time there was a planet home to the strongest race in the Intergalactic Universe…’  

 

The End.

☀️

 

Author's Account:

UM3

6